Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Cyber 05 ❯ Welcome to The Digital World ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Digimon Cyber

Chapter ¼

"What do you wanna know?"

Hello Player,

Welcome to The Digital World!

We are pleased that you have taken an interest in our game. Since your registration has been completely, all you have to do is log in, and you can begin enjoying your digital experience! But first, we would like to explain some of the things about the world your about to enter, so help you as you start.

We will show you the variety of digimon you can chose from, as well as the variety of choices you can make once you've picked your partner. Will you have the noble Agumon, who's courage knows no bounds? Or perhaps the small Patamon, who's hope never ends. Then, with the varieties of digimon you can evolve into, as well as the varieties of processes, who knows what type of digimon you will end up with?

But that's not where it ends, but it is only the beginning. Besides your partner, you will have items and accessories to equip or use, temporarily giving you advantages you would normally be without. Some items can even be used by the player themselves, allowing for easier game play!

But the type of digimon you have, as well as what you can buy or collect, are not the main point of The Digital World. But within the world, are various wild digimon, roaming the country side, ready to battle at a moments notice, as well as evil digimon, bent on world domination or destruction! As the game introduces these aspects, you could be pointed towards any of the many hundreds of plots that are riddle throughout the game, big or small, and made to challenge you and your digimon partner in constant battles of strength and intelligence.

The final point of what makes The Digital World such a fun game to play, is that it is currently the largest MPORPG (Multi-Player Online Role Playing Game) in the entire world, having various game centers set up in all corners of the world!

But above all, our main goal is that you, the player, enjoy yourself! We do as much as we can, making small updates and alerting our players of problems areas or glitches, to make sure you have the most enjoyable experience, as well as ensuring your safety. With that said, I bid you farewell, and give you the FAQ, so that you can begin the game with a general idea of the world your about to enter and enjoy.

Sincerely

The Makers and Wizards of The Digital World.

F.A.Q.

Frequently Answered Questions

Q: Ok, I've logged in for the first time, and I'm in a black void. Where is everything?

A: LOL, you would not believe how common this one is, and it is honestly not surprising. Your in the void, which is where player's go when they are logging in and out, as well as where the digimon are kept while a player is offline. The reason you come here when you first start, is because you need to create your digital avatar. First, you call for the menu, which will appear, and give you a variety of choices. You can then set your sex, appearance, age, and clothing. You can also customize how your Digital Bracer looks and interacts with yourself. Some players like it to respond to voice commands, and answer in the same, while others like using the button pushing approach. The base allows for both, with general commands and options, while picking one allows you to customize it more. Once all of these are completed, all that should be left is your digimon, which we will cover in a different question. ^_^

Q: How do I get my digimon?

A: Well, once your Avatar is completed, you will be dropped into Primary Village, on File Island, to find your digimon. Now the questionnaire you filled out when you first registered will allow you a few preset options of a few general Child level digimon, but you are not required to chose one. This option is given so that a less experienced player can chose a randomly generated digimon, who's stats are set for them, and allow them to learn how to individualize them as they play. If you do not chose a preset, then you are shown the variety of Child that players are aloud to be partnered with, and shown the general stat adjustments that you can shift on each one. However, this is recommended for experienced players only, as it can be very painstaking. Once you have a partner, you are aloud to speak with various digimon in Primary village, although the main recommendation is to speak with Elecmon, who is has the general caretaker, as well as having many tutorials he can show beginning players. After you think your ready, you can leave Primary village, and roam around File Island, which has many small areas, filled with Children and Adult level digimon, who can help you, or that you can battle to gain experience.

Q: I evolved my digimon, and beat a Bakemon, and then my digimon de-evolved back to his rookie stage. How can I keep him at his adult stage?

A: After a digimon gets a certain amount of experience points, or exp as your bracer will label is, they can evolve to, and maintain their adult form. Digimon requires a certain amount of exp before even being able to evolve into their next form, let alone maintaining it. However, maintaining a high form is not always an advantage. At lower levels of evolution, a digimon has lower strength, but can regain their Energy Points back much swifter when resting then an Adult or Perfection level. As well, until you have enough Exp to maintain a high form, being at that level uses energy to hold, meaning the sooner you can de-evolve, the better, to make sure you have EP for future battles.

Q: How does my Digital Bracer work?

A: Your Digital Bracer is your multi-use tool, in The Digital World. With it, you can evolve your digimon, use Item Cards to heal or strengthen them, examine your own or an opponent digimon to check Health Points, Type, and various general information. They also have a built in map, which can show you nearby towns to your position, show you the location of players you have traded your 'tag' with, or sometimes showing locations that are opened by Story Lines your involved in, so that you know where you are heading. Items cards are used by sliding them into the slot, normally located on the side of your forearm, o that the opposite hand can place the card inside. When it comes to Evolving, using card items, or logging out, you must say the command "Cyber Access-" and then the command. Evolve is rather simple, it is the command for your digimon to evolve, while card items and such types are normally called by their name. Log Out is the exit command, allowing you to exit the game, and your VR Equipment will deactivate to allow you to remove it afterward. To target something with your Bracer, you simply aim the point of your bracer at it's target, and a small beam of light will aim for your target, assuming nothing is between you and them. When it comes to Item cards, you do not always need to have beam contact to use them, when it comes to your own partner digimon. The Bracer can store up to forty item cards at a time, which does not include for digimentals or other empowering items. If you wish to use a stored item, then you merely need to use the Cyber Access command, and say the name, and it will be removed from the inventory.

Q: What types of Item Cards are there?

A: This is a little hard to explain in great detail. There are a few general categories of item card you'll find in the digital world. Healing, which heals the HP, EP, Status ailments that have befallen your digimon. Equipment, which allows you to increase your digimon's stats in various ways temporarily by giving them equipment to use. These two categories often are one use card, and dissolve once they are used, but can also be purchased at most towns. Some Items are not cards until they are found, and can even be used more then once. Digimentals are the most common, allowing you to evolve your digimon into alternate forms, and giving a variety of forms your partner can have. Digimentals normally require questing to find them, as they are not purchasable items. Accessories, while not item cards, are normally small items that can be given to your digimon, to permanently increase their stats as long as their wear wield them, and others give bonuses when you wear them. Any Accessories worn will be saved when you log out, and will not be lost from you or your digimon.

Q: What can I use the Bank for, since when I get or use Digi-Points, it automatically adjusts my total on my Bracer?

A: The Bank is used for saving Digi-Points, or items you want to save, but do not want to carry in your Bracer, since the Bracer has a limited capacity of forty Item Cards it can store within itself. Items in the Bank can not be stolen, and will stay until you remove them. Digi-points can be saved as well, if you do not wish to loose as many, should your digimon die and require to be reformatted, which deducts fifty percent of the digi-points in your bracer to accomplish.

Q: How do I use Digimentals? Why should I use them?

A: Digimentals are scattered throughout the Digital World. Most players only acquire one of two of these to open up different areas that require aquatic, digging or flying digimon when their partner's evolutions don't have these abilities. To access a Digimental, first you have to find one, which is easier said than done. When you acquire it, you'll have agree to an EXP penalty that will delay when you will evolve your digimon to higher levels.

Q: What are Golden Digimentals? Why can't I find one?

A: Golden Digimentals are very rare. In order to find one, you must have collected a minimum number of regular Digimentals and be at a specific EXP level. Gaining the Golden Digimental of Miracles will allow you to merge the powers of your regular Digimentals and obtain Perfection level through them, however, it will delay you digimon's natural evolution to Perfection by a considerable amount. The Golden Digimental of Fate is even rarer as you first need Miracles, more regular Digimentals, and a higher EXP to unlock Ultimate level that way. But you can pretty much forget seeing your digimon's natural Ultimate form at that point.