Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Cyber 05 ❯ Chapter 1/2 - It's all in the timing ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Digimon Cyber

Chapter ½

"It's all in the timing."

Author - Rocker Starlight

Story Editor and Original Idea by Lord Archive

******************

The young boy grinned. In the field before him, stood a Kentarumon, it's tan body standing still before him, aiming it's left palm at RedVeggiemon, who's arms were holding it's body off the ground. Giving a soft sniff, the boy pointed at the vegetable digimon with the Digital Bracer on his left forearm, examining it's current health points. 'Ok, only one more hit should take it out.' His grin deepened, as the yell left his mouth. "Alright Kentarumon, one more shot!"

Neutrally, Kentarumon's left palm opened, revealing several flat, metal extensions slide out, while a small ball of energy formed at the base. Silently, the centaur digimon fired the blast, catching the RedVeggiemon before it could dodge, causing it to explode into digital data.

Goggle-Boy leapt in the air, giving a small cheer as he watched the wild digimon get blasted to bits, as his sidekick simply lowered his arm, retracting it's gun back inside it's arm. Patting the silent digimon on it's shoulder, the ten year old boy leaned against it's flank, pressing a button on his bracer to show his experience total. "Wow!! That put us over the thirty five thousand marker! We're over half way to you you achieving Perfection!" He grinned up at the his partner, before walking to the area where the RedVeggiemon has been, and picked up the small card it left behind. "Great, a Meal Pack! This will heal you right up."

He aimed his bracer at Kentarumon, pushing the 'Meal Pack' card into the bracer's card slot. "Here ya go partner! Cyber-Access, Meal Pack!" As the command processed, the card dissolved inside the bracer, as a small beam of light fired and hit the unmoving digimon, causing the small wounds on it's body to heal up. After a moment, the beam dimmed and ended, leaving the digimon looking as good as new.

Walking back to his partner digimon, he hopped up onto it's back. "Head towards the nearest village. With the Digi-points that RedVeggiemon gave us, I'm sure we can find something nice to buy to help us later." The centaur immediately began moving forward, moving down a path threw the forest, moving only enough to not run into anything.

Goggle-Boy tapped a button on his bracer, using his legs to keep himself steady on his partner's back. Hitting a couple more buttons, he brought up a small virtual map of the surrounding. "Hmm. Ok, the next town is mainly occupied with Agumons, with a couple Greymons. Nothing major. Sounds like a good plan to relax, right old buddy?" He laughed, patting his digimon on the back, not expecting a response.

As they grew near the village, a large roar filled the air, followed by the ground shaking underneath them both. Goggle-boy threw his arms around his partner's body, more then a bit surprised. After a moment of collecting himself, the ten year old boy grinned widely. "Sudden attack... great! Kentarumon, get running! If someone's already there, I don't wanna miss this!!" Holding onto his partner, he felt the digimon leap into action, sliding his goggles down over his eyes as Kentarumon galloped swiftly towards the village.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yurika smiled sweetly to her companion, as she flipped a bit of stray black hair out of her face absently. "Come on, Sister. The Agumon say they are sure something is in that cave on the cliff up there. I'm sure it's something really cool!"

Kanuka gave a slight smirk, listening as she looked at the wares that one of the few Gabumon in the village was selling. On the table were various cards, each with pictures and small descriptions of what they did, as well as various other accessories that could be purchased. Smoothing out her simple, blue dress, she picked up a piece of fruit, that she knew would increase her digimon's time in her energy points, so she could stay in her evolved state longer, and handed it down to the small kitten walking at her side. She watched as it mechanically took the apple looking item, watching it vanish within three bites, before turning back to Yurika. "Yes, and you know how many people have probably heard the same thing from that Agumon before?"

The younger girl gave a small huff, adjusting her black styled jacket a moment. "But the games always reset items, and if it's some optional enemy, then it's still experience! Come on Sis, I want Floramon to reach her Perfection level soon!"

Giving a small grimace at the slight pout Yurika was giving her, Kanuka sighed and nodded in defeat. "Alright. We can go check it out. Have you already spent some time at the inn, to heal up Floramon?" Yurika nodded, shifting her feet impatiently. "All right, lets go then."

The two girls walked through the streets of the town, watching the little Agumon scurried about randomly, only stopping when a player walked up and talked to them. When they reached the edge of the town, Kanuka raised her bracer in front of her. "Map, surrounding area."

"Map acquired." The soft feminine voice came from the light blue bracer on her arm, as a small virtual map appeared above her arm, showing the village, with small labels for the various shops. In the center were two blinking dots, to signify herself and her companion, before showing the path along the side of the mountain, leading to the cliff they had looked at before. It was only a few minutes away, but it was enough that she wanted to be prepared. When you were not in a city, you could be attacked at any time, so it was best to be ready for anything. Glancing down at Kittenmon, who was walking idly by her feet, easily as tall as her shins while on all fours, the older of the pair began her walk, with her sister following close behind her with her Floramon.

The walk was uneventful however, and Yuirka was getting more excited by the moment as they climbed the mountain path. They could see the entire village from here, and it almost seemed like a real town, bustling with activity. As they reached the cliff, they could seethe cave was not deep at all, and a little in the caves interior was a small pedestal, with a item floating above it. It was shaped almost like a black tennis shoe, with a small bolt shaped horn coming out of one of the ends.

"A Digimental! Wow, I didn't know there would be one of those up here." Yurika squealed in excitement, as she turned to her sister. "Do you have this one yet, Sister?"

Kanuka watched the floating object a moment, before pointing her bracer at it, pressing a button to examine it. The soft feminine voice once again spoke as it's examination completed. "Digimental of Friendship, allows for evolutions with lightning elements and speed boosts."

Kanuka nodded, smiling softly. "No, I don't." She smiled at the younger girl, who nodded strongly, before turning back to the digimental again, speaking to her bracer. "Is this digimental compatible with Kittenmon?"

"Affirmative."

Kanuka smiled a little more at the words, walking forward slowly. She knew each digimental usually had a test or puzzle to work through, so she was more then a little worried about what could be guarding this one. But so far, it seemed like this was a free item, and should would be more then happy with that.

Reaching out, her hands gently slide through the almost tangible glow around the item, taking a hold of it, and slowly pulling it off the pedestal. As she pulled it completely away, it flashed brightly for a moment, before forming into an Item card, the picture of the Digimental showing on it as it landed in her hands. Nodding, she turned and walked back, showing her newest item.

Yurika did a small hop, cheering as she saw the new item. "Yay, congratulations! Now you almost have every one of them!" She smiled, giggling as Kanuka nodded, taking a deep breath. The ten year old noticed the pause, tilting her head slightly. "Hey, you should be happy, right?"

The twelve year old nodded, taking a moment before responding. "I am... But for more of my Digimentals, I had to do some task, or figure out a puzzle to get them. This just seems... Well, too easy, honestly." She walked a little closer to the cliff overlooking the Agumon village, thinking quietly.

Yurika followed her, ignoring as their digimon obediently followed right behind them. "Well, maybe this only takes the experience cost to use it, and that's it? Besides, what could possibly happen now, since we already have it?"

As if in answer, a large roar ripped through the air, followed by a explosion coming out of the mountain's base. The sound of a few buildings being crushed came from the dust and smoke, before it could clear, exposing a viral Metal Greymon, with various Agumon running in terror from it.

The two watched a moment, before Yurika's mouth slide into a large grin, eyeing the large dinosaur digimon. "Finally, we get to fight a Perfection digimon!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yoshiro Sasaki rubbed the back of his head slightly, as he examined the bookcase in front of him. Bearmon, looking like a plush teddy bear with a small sports jersey and backwards, red baseball hat on, stood absently behind him, it's eyes seeming lifeless, as his partner shifted one book after another.

"I know one has to be here. That Agumon in the first floor said 'If you hit the books, you'll find a way to defend yourself' ." He imitated the slightly childish voice actor of the Agumon he had spoken with, as he pulled another book out, flipping through it absently, before replacing it.

Yoshiro sighed softly, ruffling his unruly and short, brown hair slightly, glancing around the room. With no digimon in the room, besides his own, he knew he wouldn't get more clues, and things like what that Agumon had said always had to do with the building he was in, unless it was important.

"Damn it, this is annoying!" He shouted slightly, hitting the bookcase with his fist, his aggravation getting the better of him. To his surprise, a small card fell on top of his fist, from the top of the bookshelf, causing an exasperated look on his face. "Hit the books... Ha ha..."

Taking his prize, he examined it. It was a small item card, with a suit of armor pictured on it. He recognized the card quickly, as a "Metal Armor" card, one of the better defense cards. Sliding the card into the slot on his bracer, he grinned, seeing he still had fourteen item slot left before he would need to stop at the bank again.

Feeling a bit better now, the ten year old walked down the stairs, turning to the shopkeeper, who was the Agumon who had given him his tip. Walking up to the table in front of it he watched as it looked up, and gave a large smile, if you could call it that on a chibi-tyrano. "Hello sir, how can I help you?"

Smiling, her pressed a button on his bracer, seeing he had more then enough digi-points for what he wanted. "I'd like two Chocolate Bars, and an Elixer."

The small orange dinosaur nodded, reaching under the counter and pulling out three cards, two having candy bars on them, and one having a purple flask, with a small rainbow of colors in the smoke coming from it. Yashiro smiled more, extending his arm forward, letting the Agumon touch his bracer to extract the digi-points, before he took the cards the the counter. Flipping through them for a moment, he slide them all into his bracer, before nodding and ruffling his partner's head a moment through his hat, ignoring the lack of response.

After acquiring the cards, he began walking out, when he heard a roar and crash from a few blocks away. Immediately ready for action, he pointed his bracer at Bearmon, "Cyber Access, Evolve!"

As he yelled, Bearmon's eyes shown with a small amount of light, as his youthful voice resonated. "Bearmon evolve..." A small sphere of light surrounded the digimon, then dissolved, revealing larger bear, only wearing a jersey now, his paws showing sizable claws, as he stretches a moment in his new form, "Grizmon!"

Smiling, Yashiro nodded. "All right partner, lets see what's going on out there, and see if we can lend a hand!" He sprinted out, followed by the larger bear, towering over him as they ran out into the streets.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Walking around the mountain, Hideki brushed a stray black hair out of his eyes, adjusting the flat head of hair properly again, so it sat flat in his head, and out of his face. Searchmon followed next to him, a large silver bug-like digimon, with six legs, two long antennae that were as long as it's body, and a radar on it's back, facing up. It was a little taller then Hideki was, but he was not one to ride his digimon, unless he had too. It was too easy to miss something, if he rushed himself.

As he continued down the slope, he glanced down over the edge, seeing a small village still some distance down, although it would be longer be he could arrive, since the path wound around a little, running past a small cliff extending over the village, which was about a Kilometer in distance from his position still.

"Searchmon, scan the area for any wild digimon." He stopped, to allow his digimon time to fulfill the request.

Reacting to the question, Searchmon's eyes lit up slightly, a soft beeping coming from inside it's body, while the radar on it's body hummed and vibrated slightly. After a few minutes, the noises ended, and the insectiod digimon turned it's head towards Hideki. "No Wild anomalies within this vicinity. However, I detect five which was not of the village we are entering, judging from previously gathered data."

Hideki frowned slightly. "Identify the five anomalies then." He hated not knowing what was going on sometimes, and crossed his arms to wait patiently.

After a few more minutes of noise, Searchmon went quiet again before speaking. "Four of five identified. Two are human, females, with partners, one a Floramon, and the other a Kittenmon."

Hideki nodded, looking towards the cliff again, as he waited for the final identification. He could see the two players and their digimon now himself, barely, as they stood near the cliff. He watched the one in the light blue dress walk into the mountain side --probably a cave, he thought-- and a couple minutes later, walk out of it again.

He watched as they spoke, before his attention went to the Searchmon's suddenly urgent tone. "Warning, fifth anomaly is a viral, Perfection level digimon. Unable to identify without further data."

Hideki's eyes widened a moment in surprise. For Searchmon to be unable to identify it meant it a plot device digimon, or it was very powerful, if not both. Either way, this could be good or bad, depending on what type it turned out to be. He glanced down, wondering if he should ask the two girls if they wanted to help, since Searchmon was more of a information digimon, then an expert fighter, when a large explosion rocked the base of the mountain, causing a huge cloud of smoke to cover part of the town.

Steeling himself, Hideki turned to Searchmon. "Searchmon, is that the Perfect?" As his partner nodded, he continued. "All right, Go and scan it from a safe distance, and highlight it with your Jamming Hertz attack on minimal power. I'll give you the command to attack if you need to."

The digimon nodded again, leaping into the air and flying towards the cloud of smoke, as he took off running towards the two girls. He hoped they would not mind his assistance, so he could join in for a 'share kill'. He also hoped they could handle a Perfection digimon in the first place.