Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Hearts of the Star ❯ Cherrubymon's Treachery 13 ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hearts of the Star 13 Tickle Torture Beaten
Feathers appear before us and J.P. starts to panic, mumbling things about 'not Zoe' and all of that.
Feathers? So, we tell them where Takuya, Bokumon, Neimon and Koji are, of which we have no idea, or else feathers? These two are idiots. What kind of evil things would hire such stupid . . .
Suddenly, I burst out laughing along with the other around me.
"What's going on?" I ask through my laugh.
"Tell me where those pipesqueaks are of the tickling will continue!" Ranamon attempts an evil laugh.
A sinking feeling hits my heart and my laughing stops. Water starts building up in my eyes as thought start flooding into my mind. Thoughts of Kouichi's state as Duskmon the evil Digimon under Cherrubimon, of Koji who had been injured protecting me and then disappeared. Thoughts of Bokumon and Neimon, who had disappeared without a trace. Then Takuya, who had also tried to protect me and was no longer here. Finally, the thoughts flooded my mind about my father and his operation.
How long has it been since I came here? Father went into his operation the morning I arrived here, so that means that if all went well he's in recovery by now. I wish I could see him, the real him, I think as tears start to flow gently down my cheeks.
The laughing continues around me, but no matter how much the feathers tickle, a laugh just won't escape from my lips. I am no longer even aware of the fact that I'm being touched at all.
"Sakiko, what's wrong?" Zoe asks through her laugher.
I can't bring myself to respond other than turning my head away from everyone.
"Execute, Spirit Evolution," Koji's voice states weakly.
I look up to see that Ranamon and Mercurymon are too busy arguing to have heard it.
"Lobomon," the evolution becomes complete, replacing Koji's voice with that of his Digital Form, Lobomon.
The next thing I know, Lobomon has come out, attacked the other two Digimon, and freed us from our imprisonment.
"About time you got here, Koji," J.P. teases.
"Shut up, J.P., at least he got us down from there!" Zoe scolds.
I look up at Lobomon, ignoring the others and notice how weak he actually is.
This is all my fault. Koji is hurt because of me, I think as I sit on my knees where I had landed. I'm nothing but trouble. I shouldn't even be here.
"What's wrong, Sakiko?" Tommy asks.
"I'm sorry for everything," I whisper as I allow my bangs to cover my eyes.
"What do you mean, Sakiko?" Zoe asks, totally confused.
"I'm sorry," I repeat as I quickly scamper to my feet and run away from everyone. I can't stay here with them. When I find Kouichi next time, I'll knock some sense into him and make him remember that he wanted to meet Koji. Once they're reunited I can return home where I belong and find out how the operation went.
"You don't really think it's going to be that simple do you?" that voice comes from the device I had come to know as a D-tector. "You were brought here for a reason, Sakiko. You still have to fulfill your destiny before you can return to your world."
"But, what about Father and his operation? Besides, once I get Kouichi and Koji together I won't have a reason to be here, remember? My purpose was to reunite them," I speak as I slow to a walk, being far enough away from the others. "Besides, I wouldn't call that destiny, would you?"
Return to Top