Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Hearts of the Star ❯ Cherrubymon's Treachery 15 ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hearts of the Star 15 Characters on TV
It's up to me, huh? Why? Why is it always up to the cry baby girl who doesn't have a clue? Why can't it ever be up to someone who's brave, strong, and knows exactly what to do and when to do it?
"Sakiko!" Koji's voice hits my ears.
Koji . . . Takuya . . . Zoe . . . .J.P. . . . Tommy . . . . You're all pawns in this game that Ophanimon is playing. Why can't you see it? How can you believe her false stories so soon after hearing her voice?
"Sakiko!" Zoe and J.P.'s voice echo.
I have to help; no one deserves to be treated like that. No one deserves to be used.
"Sakiko!" Tommy and Takuya's voice resonate together.
That's it, from here on out, no more Crybaby Sakiko! I have to be brave if I'm going to do this. The fate of both Worlds, Digital and Human, rest in my hands. I'm not about to throw them away!
"Sakiko!" Koji shouts, closer this time.
I stand up and nod to myself before taking a deep breath to calm my nerves.
"I'm over here, guys!" I call out to everyone.
"There you are, we've been worried sick," Zoe states as they all run over to me.
"Are you all right, Sakiko?" Tommy asks.
"You ran off in such a fuss," J.P. adds.
"What was that all about anyway?" Koji cocks an eyebrow.
I shake my head, "No worries, I'm just fine. I just needed to get my head together. And now it's all in one piece again, so what are we waiting for? Where to next?"
"What about your plan to find Kouichi?" Tommy asks. "I was sure that you would want to stay and look for him again."
I shake my head and turn away from the group with a smile on my face as I look into the sky.
"He'll be fine, I'm sure of it. He's seen me and I've seen him. We both know that the other is all right and that's all we can ask for."
"But, I thought . . . " Zoe starts.
"Everything is so different in this world. Different from home. What if none of us were really us anymore; since we are here now?" I state.
"Huh?" J.P. asks, totally confused as he scratches his head.
"Mind running that one by us again?" Koji comments.
"What if in this world we were all just characters in a game that someone plays? Or characters on a television show for someone else to watch and laugh at?" I clarify.
"Well, in that case, J.P. would get the most laughs, because he's such an oaf," Zoe laughs quietly.
"I'm serious," I comment. "And what if in the script that we live by in this world, we were tricked into believing something totally false, something that could destroy everything we hold dear about ourselves and everything around us?"
"You're going a little too deep for me," Takuya admits as he scratches the back of his head with a huge grin on his face.
"Yeah, why are you suddenly talking like this, Sakiko?" Tommy asks.
"I don't know, but being alone makes you realize things you've never noticed before," I shrug.
"I know what you mean," Zoe admits. "I used to be the same way, but I'm not alone anymore, and neither are you, so stop talking like that. You're gonna make Takuya cry."
"I'm not crying! I just have something in my eye!" Takuya shouts.
Everyone burst out laughing; even my face is graced by a joyous smile that turns into a laugh at the tough-guy act of Takuya.