Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ MUSICAL: The worst possible stress ❯ I'm looking out for me ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
 
In Japan, Ms. Kari Kamiya bid good bye to her preschool class for the weekend.
 
She achieved her goal of becoming a preschool teacher, she did however she and TK had divorced a while ago, it just wasn't working out anymore between them.
 
Kari was busy with school, and TK became a Novelist. The both of them were just way too busy to have too much time for each other like they used to.
 
That was hard enough, but if they ever decided to have children, they'd have to hire nanny's and baby sitters which meant they'd have to pay so many extra expenses.
 
Even with Gatomon, and Patamon to help them, it just wasn't going to work. At the rate they were going, they'd be Bankrupt in a year.
 
So they decided it was best, and split up, but they still loved each other, and did hang out once and a while.
 
When she got home, Kari checked her email to see if Davis had answered what would have to have been her Millionth message… but still there was nothing.
 
All Kari saw was… “The Email You Have Sent Could Not Reach The Account, Please Try Again!”
 
“I guess he really doesn't want to talk to me.” She said sadly. She valued Davis as one of her dearest friends… and he left her, his home and everything behind.
 
Kari even remembered what it was like five years ago on the Day of her Wedding to TK.
 
FLASHBACK, Five Years ago
 
 
Kari was getting ready to put on her Wedding Gown, compliments of Sora, while she was asked, “When's Davis going to get here? I can't walk down the isle alone.”
 
Tai and wife, Jun looked at each other sadly. “Uh… Kari…” said Tai, “We don't know how to tell you this.”
 
Tai shot a look at Jun, wanting her to say the dreadful news. “Kari… Davis isn't coming!”
 
Kari stopped brushing her hair, letting the brush drop out of her hands. “Excuse me?”
 
Tai and Jun nodded.
 
Kari didn't understand this. “How can the invitations keep getting lost in the mail?” She asked.
 
“Kari…” said Tai. “We have them right here.”
 
Kari's eyes widened as she saw Them pull out no less than seven invitations addressed to Davis. “But… I asked you to give them to him.” She cried. “What, did you two forget?”
 
“No… Davis doesn't want them!” replied Jun.
 
Kari's heart skipped a beat, and then Tai and Jun told her everything how they tried to ask him from Kari to come to the wedding, but Davis just ignored them completely.
 
Davis just either walked right passed them, or pretended they weren't even there, and when they passed him an invitation he threw it in fire. Right along with a group picture of everyone.
 
As the story came to close, Kari learned that Davis had been treating everyone, even his own Parents who tried to tell him to forget you, that they didn't exist.
 
He even punched his Father clean across he face giving him a mark.
 
Finally, they said they had seen Davis, and he was heading for the airport… he was leaving!
 
Kari raced downstairs to her motorbike and zoomed to the airport just in time to see Davis and Demiveemon being blocked by the others on their way to Davis' private plane.
 
“Davis please don't go!” cried Ken. “Don't this to yourself, it's only going to make things worse.”
 
Davis just growled and shoved his once, best friend aside and kept on proceeding to the plane.
 
Matt tried to grab his arm and force Davis to go to the wedding, Davis just kicked him hard in the gut.
 
Everyone, even the Digimon tried to persuade the boys not to leave, but they didn't give a care in the world.
 
Kari got on her knees and begged Davis to come “I Don't Care!!” he snapped, “You Don't Have My Blessings, And I'm NOTGOING!!”
 
“I want you there…” cried Kari, in tears “Davis… why can't you be happy for me?”
 
Davis cast a sad look at the ground. “I've always loved you Kari, I've been to Hell and back for you and the others… AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME!!”
 
“You guys really aren't who we though you were anymore.” Added DemiVeemon as he and Davis started Singing to music.
 
I'm through being pushed around.” he snapped.
 
 
(Davis)
 
-That's it…I've had it!
I hate to be dramatic,
But it's time for me to fly the coop
Terrific… Fine!
I'm drawing
the line
Before I wind up in a
mushysoup!
Davis took off his goggles the same ones that Tai gave him “Davis, what are you doing?”
 
(Davis)
 
I was a fool to let you run myshow
I'm cuttin
g' youloose, pal!
Look out below!
 
Davis threw the goggles so far away, no one saw where they landed.
(Davis)
 
Arrividerci!
C'est la vie!
Hope all goes well!
I'm lookin' out for me!
 
“Come, Demiveemon!!” said Davis. His Digimon hopped into his bag as Davis hopped onto the plane.
 
Still not willing to let him go, the other's chased on after him down the runway on carts. Davis just ignored them, but turned on the intercom so they could hear him outside.

(Davis)
Okay! Just alittle,
Been
playing' tank and fiddle,
And I don't get no respect
I turn the other cheek,
But
the dreams I seek
We'rethe only thingsthat I get!
I never found a friend that I can trust
You guys eatcaviar,
And leave me
eatingdust!
That's some reward for loyalty
From here on in,
I'm lookin' out for me!
 
The plane finally took off, and left them far down below, but still stuck around so Davis could finish the song.
 
(Davis)
Oh, I can't havenobody else
I'll never
win
There is nothing with in
I'll just
take care of myself!

You know, it just don't pay
To give a hoot
I gave you all my heart
What do I get? the
boot!
I'm through withyou,
I'm
flyingfree
From here on in,
I'm looking out for ME!
 
Then the plan flew off… and he was gone!
 
 
END OF FLASHBACK…
 
Kari knew she really hurt him. Sure everyone knew he would take her relationship with TK hard, but… THAT was too much.
 
He acted like his whole world just disappeared in front of his eyes and he'd never see it again. She couldn't blame him either.
 
For all the times she flirted with TK for the sole purpose of Making Davis feel jealous. She had no right to have his blessings.
 
She was a monster. A virus that Davis just had to stay away from, and in all the five years he had been gone, he never bothered to even call any of them.
 
All they had left, were his Ramen and Noodle products, and commercials for home products.
 
At least she knew he was alive.