Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ MUSICAL: The worst possible stress ❯ One Little Star ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
 
Detective Ken Ichijouchi was sitting at his desk doing some paper work after his latest case.
 
He was a great detective know throughout Japan, but inside, Ken felt empty. If he was so good at finding things then how come he couldn't find Davis.
 
It had been five years since he even heard his best friends voice, and he really missed him a lot.
 
Ken was happily married to Yolei, who was a housewife to their three kids, and he remembered ho happy Davis was for him and Yolei when he attended their wedding.
 
FLASHBACK
 
Davis was Best man at Ken and Yolei's wedding…
 
The happily married couple walked down the steps leading to their white limousine.
 
Davis and Ken shared a bear hug. “You Dog, good luck.”
 
“Thanks Davis.” Said Ken, “You're the best pal any guy could ask for!”
 
Yolei even pecked Davis on the cheek. “H-h-hey… save that for him, not me.” Davis Joked.
 
When Ken and Yolei came back from their Honeymoon, Davis and Ken really spent a lot of time as friends together.
 
They even still had a few good soccer kicks in them. Davis felt almost like a second brother to Ken. Which made him feel a little sad that his older brother Sam couldn't be there.
 
But then… Kari and TK became engaged, Ken and Yolei did congratulate the couple, but they knew Davis' life was shattering.
 
They tried to comfort him, but the love and tenderness in Davis' eyes were gone.
 
“Davis…” said Ken.
 
Davis turned his head, “Why don't you just back off and leave me alone… You good for nothing Traitor!”
 
Davis walked away into the rainy night without a jacket or umbrella, and those were the last words Ken ever heard from his Best friend.
 
END OF FLASHBACK…
 
Ken was still thinking about it as he drove home that night. “I never betrayed you Davis.” He said to himself. “If you only knew how Yolei and I felt.”
 
Ken came home to the apartment where he found Yolei rocking their baby daughter to sleep. “Hi, honey.”
 
“Hi Ken…” his wife said softly. She could tell by the sad look on Ken's face that he didn't have a clue as to where Davis was.
 
Ken helped Yolei tuck their Daughter into her crib, then they decided to get to bed themselves. Ken too the picture of him and Yolei and their Wedding with Davis in the picture as requested.
 
“I really missed him today.” Ken said Sadly.
 
Yolei nodded her head slowly. “I miss him all the time too.” She said, “He and I did have our arguments… but I do miss him.”
 
“Ken… if you really miss Davis so much, why don't you just go to him and tell him the whole story?” asked Hawkmon from the doorway.
 
Ken shook his head, “Well first I actually have to find where he is.” He said, “And don't forget… while he was still here, every time I tried to even go near him, he went ballistic!”
 
Wormon nodded. “We've tried to track him down… but his bank account and phone lines are hidden so well.” He said.
 
“It's as if he knows we're looking him and he jumps away the moment we get a lead.”
 
Saying those words only made Ken and Yolei want to cry, and they hadn't remembered the last time it hurt this much.
 
The two Digimon walked out of the room to give them some time alone, but Ken and Yolei didn't really feel much like sleeping.
 
Ken got up and looked out the window at the now darkened night sky, and he saw the first star of the night.
 
Meanwhile, In the Sonoran Desert
 
It was even later at night than it was in Japan, in fact it was almost a quarter to midnight.
 
Davis' Helicopter dropped him off and flew away. Davis had stayed at work late that night hoping to help him forget about his troubles, but to no avail.
 
He was starting to miss his home, especially Ken and Yolei. Even though they supported TK and Kari's marriage and Davis spat at them for it, he deeply regretted it.
 
Davis sighed very sadly to himself as he walked along the dark desert with his lantern to light the way.
 
“How could I have done that?” he thought to himself “Sure Ken betrayed me, but he was still the very best friend I ever had.”
 
He looked up at the starry sky, and could swear he heard music through the air.
 
 
(Davis)
 
One little star,
all alone in the sky
Do you ever get lonely
as the twilight drifts by?
 
Meanwhile in Japan… Davis Didn't know that Yolei and Ken were singing the exact same song.
 
Yolei and Ken both looked up at a single star and thought of how lonely Davis must be, wherever he was.
 

(Yolei)
 
One little star,
in the darkening blue
Do you long for another
just the way that I do?
(Ken)
Sky begins to fill;
darkness ends the day
Someone who I care about
is really far away.
(Yolei)
One little star,
reaching far through the night
Do you shine on my someone?
Are we sharing your light?
Oh, one little star, shine on us both tonight.

In his underground home
 
 
Demiveemon was already in bed and asleep, and Davis was getting ready for bed himself.
 
As he got his pajamas on he looked at least one picture he saved. The same one of him, Ken and Yolei at the wedding party.
 
“Gee… I wonder what Ken and Yolei are up to now.” he said softly. “Ah… who am I kidding, they wouldn't want to see me after what I did.”
 
Now there was know doubting it. Davis did miss Yolei and Ken a lot, but he still couldn't go to them or tell them where he was. If he did, Kari would possibly get involved.
 
Davis just couldn't have that now. She was the very reason he left, and was refusing to come in contact with anyone from Japan. It was just too risky.
 
Still… Davis did wish there was someway he could apologize to them for his pounding on them.
 
 
(Davis, With Ken and Yolei in the Brackets)
 
One little star
(one little star)
Reaching far through the night
(reaching far through the night)
Would you shine on my someone
(shine on my someone)
So we're sharing your light?
(please, share your light)

ALL:
 
Oh, one little star, shine on us all tonight.