Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Digi Dudes ❯ Cool Voices ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
 
Five years had passed Since Maylo-Myotismon was vanquished, and the Digi denstined saved the two worlds from total Oblivion.
 
Now that the deed was done, they all went back to living their normal lives, with an occasional trip to the Digi world once in a while.
 
Davis actually worked up the nerves to ask Kari out on a date long ago, and she accepted.
 
Kari, actually only accepted to be nice, but after she saw how caring and honest Davis could really be towards her, the relationship blossomed.
 
Now both 17, and in the same High school, they were still dating, and Davis could never be more happier.
 
Yolei, now 18, and Ken, now 17, started Dating right at the moment after their ultimate Victory, and would you believe they shared their first kiss after only one date, and they went to Obadiah high too.
 
TK, also 17, started writing books and novels about their adventures in the digital world, which he some day hoped to publish.
 
He even found a Girlfriend of his own, Mina Tanaka, a young 16 year-old with long blonde hair, and had been going out for two years now.
 
Cody, now 14, was just starting High school, and who would think that his stubborn ways, and strict personality landed him a girl too.
 
Erika Jinata, another 14 year-old and also starting High-school, and Very interested in Kendo. She and Cody had been going out for a while, and Cody actually learned not to be so stubborn.
 
I anything… he learned to be a whole new guy, especially since he even grew in height a little, so he wasn't quite as short as he once was.
 
 
Summer vacation ended a while ago, and they had all just completed their first few weeks of school.
 
One Friday afternoon, near the end of the month, Kari and Davis were outside doing their homework under a tree in the shade.
 
Kari also had brought along her boom box that Davis gave her for her last Birthday, and it was a very sweet thought.
 
Now Kari could play her favorite CDs she got from a Pop star convention she and Davis went to last summer.
 
They both agreed that Music helped them study, but when one special song came up, the just dropped everything.
 
“Hey… it's Nsync's BYE, BYE,BYE!” said Kari. “I really love this song!”
 
“Me too.” Said Davis, “I know it all word for word!”
 
“Oh really.” Teased Kari, as the boys started singing, “Let's see then…”
 
“Alright...!” said Davis clearing his throat, and when he started to sing along with the words, not only did he not miss a single not line… but his voice.
 
It sounded exactly like one of the boys themselves. Davis' singing captured Ken, TK's and even Cody's attention too.
 
“Man… I love that song!” said TK. “I sing along with it whenever I hear it.”
 
“Me too…” said Cody. That came as a shock to everyone, but it faded, after all, Cody did have a life and even he had a thing for pop music.
 
“Hey Davis… think we can join you!” asked Ken during a pause.
 
 
“Sure… Let's do it Dudes!” replied Davis.
 
The boys joined together, and even did some groovy dance moves, they never even rehearsed or dared to do in public.
 
Their voices… they were so cool, not only did they attract their girlfriends, but they eve attracted about half the school.
 
Later on when the crowd broke up… The girls wouldn't stop going on and on about how their boyfriends were so cool.
 
Davis was invited to dinner with her folks, but walked Kari was still talking about it. “Davis… you guys were so great!”
 
Davis blushed and chuckled, “Awe… you're just saying that!” he said, “And I believe you.”
 
Kari playfully slapped him on the arm. “No… Davis I mean it.” She said, “You guys sounded just like real pop stars!”
 
When they got home, Kari's apartment, as Kari just had to blab it out to her folks, Gatomon, and even send Tai an Email about Davis and the others.
 
Tai was away at college, and didn't live at home anymore, but he answered back as though he was talking to Nsync themselves.
 
“Patamon would have loved to be there.” Said Gatomon, “But then again… would have too!”
 
“Gatomon!” said Kari.
 
The Next Day…
 
With their homework all done, and the weather still nice, Kari and Davis decided to head out and have a little fun.
 
The even met the others having their lunch in the park, together, and asked for them to join.
 
As was expected, the girls kept going on and on about yesterday, and the boys felt so embarrassed.
 
“Hey… do you think you boys can sing it again!” asked Erika. “I brought my boom box…”
 
The boys weren't sure, but when Ken saw that angry look in Yolei's face, “Ken, do it, or I'll do you in!” she said.
 
For Ken's Sake, the boys got up and Sang it again, and now they sounded and danced even better than before.
 
When the song ended, Mina passed the boys something from her bag, a flyer saying that Additions were going to be held at the school next Wednesday at school.
 
“You boys have got to try out.”
 
“Aw come on babe…” said TK, “Were no pop stars.”
 
“And I don't think I could bring myself up to doing anything that big.” Said Cody.
 
The conversation carried on, and the boys said they'd each think about it a bit…. But it wasn't for that long.
 
Four other girls, who were actually the tough customers of Obadiah High overheard them.
 
“You boys try out… P-Lease!” said one of them. “The only thing you guys could try out for is last place!”
 
Erika stood up, “Put a sock in it!” she snapped, “Our boys have the coolest voices… why they could sing circles around you in a second!”
 
One of the girls just pushed her back down to her seat with her finger, “Oh right… you're “BOYS” are the Digi destined.” She said in sarcasm.
 
 
“Why waste your time with theses Digi Dudes, and get yourselves some real men!”
 
The girls had to run when Yolei started charging at the them with her fists flailing about. “DON'T EVER TALK ABOUT KEN THAT WAY AGAIN!!” she thundered.
 
When the girls were gone, Yolei sat back down and sipped her soda with anger. “Those snobs!!” she growled. “What do they know about true Singing?”
 
The boys sweat dropped, but they decided to sign up anyways. Their chosen Sing would have to be Bye, Bye, Bye.
 
Mina promised to drop it off to the school first thing on Monday, which gave the boys three days to rehearse.
 
That night, Davis and Ken were on the phone “Do you really think we should've signed up like that?” asked Ken.
 
“Well… it is for the girls!” said Davis, “And I would do anything for Kari… so we may as well give it a shot!”
 
Ken smiled on the other end, “I guess you're right.” He said. “I'll see you tomorrow!” and they both hung up.
 
Davis put the phone down, and went to bed still thinking about what could happen in this gig really worked out.