Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Island Of Doom ❯ We are here because we care ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
 
But TK was wrong…
 
It was Springtime, two months after the first term ended, and Davis was already at another escape from girls.
 
“Wait for me Davi-poo…” some of them chortled.
 
Davis resisted the urge to yell for help, because the last time he did that all it did was signal more girls that he was about, giving him a harder time than ever to get away.
 
The girls chased hi everywhere.
 
In the hallways… in the yard… they even chased him right through the boys change-room, and over the Olympic swimming pool.
 
But in the end, Davis got away from them by making it to the safety of his dorm and locking the door.
 
 
He threw himself onto his bed, but was to tired to even blink his eyes. “I Can't Take It Anymore!” he grumbled to himself.
 
“Why… why can't they just back off and leave me alone!”
 
 
Davis sat down at his computer, and deleted all the loads of love emails sent to him from practically ever girl in school.
 
Then he noticed, there was an email from Kari… should he delete it?
 
He opened it up and it read…
 
 
Hey Davis…
 
Just thought I'd remind you of tomorrow, it's the anniversary of when the we beat Maylo-Myotismon…with you being the main hero.
 
Tai's really looking forward to seeing you. So is everyone else.
 
See you there!.
 
Yours truly,
Kari
 
 
Davis smiled at the remark… but then his smile faded when he saw more writing.
 
 
P.S… TK's been acting strange around me lately… do think he could be wanting to ask me to… oh let's not get to hopeful.
 
Take care Davis.
 
 
“Oh no…” thought Davis putting a hand to his forehead. “…Oh…No, No, No… Awe man… oh no!”
 
 
TK couldn't ask Kari to marry him, it would really make Davis' life completely not worth living.
 
The truth was, Davis never got over his crush on Kari at all. His crush had in fact blossomed… Blossomed into love.
 
Davis felt so in love with Kari, it burned him on the inside, and it never stopped burning ever no matter what Davis tried to do to forget her.
 
Davis only told the others he gave up on her to get her and TK to stop teasing him by flirting with each other to make him feel jealous… and it worked, for a short while.
 
Ever since Kari and TK actually started Dating, Davis felt his whole world turned upside-down and shaken violently.
 
 
He was actually spending all the time he had trying to work up the nerve to ask Kari out, and give him a chance.
 
But even named the Bearer of Courage, Davis just couldn't do it.
 
Partly, because he was too shy, and the rest because she and TK seemed to be getting closer together.
 
Davis decided to secretly surrender in trying to earn Kari's love, and never fall in love ever again.
 
Which meant… if he so much as even thought of thinking about giving other girls a try… he would constantly beat himself up even worse than he was doing now.
 
This also put Davis in a very sad and disturbing spot…
 
All the other Digi Destined had dates… and a couple of them were even married.
 
Like Sora and Matt.
 
Mimi, and Michael.
 
Even Tai and Davis' own sister Jun… and she wasn't even a Digi destined, She was just a Doctor working at the Hospital these days.
 
But Tai found love for her, and married her.
 
That shot Davis with a thousand knives… he fact that his sister had better luck than he had getting to be with a Kamiya.
 
Davis was the only one left on the whole team, that had no girlfriend,,, and didn't even want one.
 
This made him feel really left out of things, he couldn't really go to Dance's, Proms or anything that involved couples anymore.., not without a date, it was just too painful.
 
That wasn't the only area Davis felt alone, but the fact that he was the Most Courageous and most invincible of all the Digi destined in the world.
 
For his heroic efforts… his Never-ending struggle to see things through… and him having one of the purest of hearts in the world.
 
He was in a class by himself. So great… that not even Tai himself could out match him. “You really deserve to have my goggles, Davis” he once said.
 
It was nice of Tai to give Davis his goggles when his square ones had broken … and the Supreme-Leader of the Digi destined wouldn't look right without a Goggle-headed background.
 
But still… even with all that fame and glamour around him, Davis felt as though nothing had changed for him… What was it all worth?
 
Kari was beyond his reach… He was so powerful that no one could ever reach up to his level… Davis felt alone… really alone.
 
So lonely… that he created a special website only he could access on a disk.
 
He popped it into the computer, and opened up the page which was covered with old Pictures of Kari everywhere.
 
It was like a private sanctuary Davis made for himself.
 
He clicked on the panel entitled… Works from the heart.
 
Then he clicked on a blank page, and began writing up a small little poem of how he felt.
 
 
-The Happiness of being me
is not what it's cracked up to be.
It's Lonely being One… of a Kind!
 
 
-With all the known variety,
the fame that nature gave to me.
It's Lonely being One… of a Kind!
 
 
Davis continued long into the night finishing his poem, and then he started browsing around the internet for something else.
 
Davis had finished his work and was about to head to bed, when suddenly a Pop-up came up on the screen.
 
The Island of Doom… it was called. Was it some sort of video game? Davis had to fins out.
 
It turned out, that it wasn't a video-game at all, and that it was actually a real place.
 
It was a newly discovered island uncharted on all maps, the only info on it's location it said was that is was somewhere in the Pacific.
 
The island looked as though it had a nasty black storm-cloud around it for miles, that only thundered and never rained.
 
It also showed a picture of a bunch of sad looking chums that wore purple robes and black capes.
 
They looked sort of like… Monks!
 
It also had a bulletin which read…
 
 
This is a place where the broken heart is tended to all you men who have their dreams shattered or are just too miserable to carry on but not do away with yourself.
 
We are here because we care.
 
There are lots of other's just like you, don't live the rest of your life in chaos, misery… and the greatest one, Pain!
 
We are here because we care.
 
Rather than continue living in a world where people reject you or do not bring you any greatness. You can come to our island, and be apart of our little family.
 
Be with People who understand you. People who have gone through traumas identical to your own.
 
We are here because we care.
 
Should you decide to join us, you never have to worry about ever returning to the world that threw you out in the first place.
 
You can also be apart of our reality show which shows the world out there exactly what they have don to you.
 
If you wish to join… fill out this application, and we shall send you a special ride to take you from that horrible place you call home, to come to live with us on the island.
 
We are here because we care.
 
 
Davis didn't know what to think. “This island of doom” he said to himself. “It doesn't look like much.”
 
He thought and he thought…finally… he filled out an application and sent it over the internet!