Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Island Of Doom ❯ Welcome to the island. ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
 
The Next Day, it was Saturday, but Davis woke up at 4:00am and he checked his computer.
 
There was an odd email there telling him to head to the front doors of the building.
 
Not caring that it was still the no out of bed hours, Davis followed the instructions given to him.
 
When he got outside, he saw two figures dressed in the same outfits as seen on the Island of Doom.
 
One with a 14 on his robe, the other had a 12 on his.
 
“Daisuke Motomyia. we presume?” said the one with 14.
 
Davis nodded, and then both the men lead him to their limousine right in the back.
 
“This must be it!” Davis thought to himself. “The island of doom… it looks like I'm finally going to be free!”
 
 
* * *
 
Later that day in the park across the street, The Digi Destined had all gathered around for their annual anniversary… and even planned a picnic while at it.
 
Even the Digimon had come back from the Digital-World to part take in this occasion.
 
“Where's Davish at?” asked Demi-Veemon. “I want Davish, I want Davish!”
 
“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”
 
That scream broke Demi-Veemon's moaning. It sounded like Kari, but that wasn't a scream that she was in Danger.
 
Everyone rushed over to the trees where they found Kari on her knees and crying as if her life was over.
 
 
TK and her had excused themselves earlier because TK had to tell Kari something really important.
 
Kari thought this was it… the moment she had been waiting for.
 
TK would get down on one knee, hold a ring out to her and ask her to be his wife.
 
But actually… TK told her the exact opposite of everything she dreamt of.
 
 
Instead of proposing marriage to her… TK decided that he just wanted to stay friends with her, and not do something he didn't feel ready for!
 
 
That was at the point where Kari screamed her heart out, and TK ran off as not to drag attention to himself.
 
Tai brought his sister into a soft hug and let her cry into his shoulder. “Damn you, TK!” he thought.
 
 
Nobody really had much fun the rest of that day.
 
TK broke up with Kari, Davis still hadn't shown up, he didn't even bother to send an email.
 
That really hurt Tai a lot, he hadn't seen Davis in a long time and was hoping they could play soccer with the guys.
 
Jun did try to soften her husband, but then again, she didn't feel good either. She was really looking forward to seeing Davis again.
 
She hardly ever had time to even call him since she became a Doctor. She even missed the way Davis used to call her…
 
You Big Ditz!”
 
There was a lot of exchanged conversations of Davis throughout they day.
 
He may have tried to be big shot sometimes, but he was by far the best friend any of them ever had… and the best member of the team they ever knew.
 
Where was he?
 
 
* * *
 
Somewhere in the Pacific…
 
The sky was as dark as night, only the lightning flashes seemed to give of any light by far.
 
Davis was with the two men in a row-boat, proceeding very slowly to the upcoming island overhead.
 
Once they Docked, a lot of men and women in the same outfits but with different numbers stared at Davis strangely.
 
The two men left Davis to two women. “Com with us!” they said while holding up two lanterns.
 
They escorted Davis past a few villages on the island, through a small field, and up to the summit on the island.
 
Davis hesitated at the large shrine up ahead. “This way.” Said the two ladies.
 
 
Davis followed them in, and there before him was a figure wearing a hood on his outfit, and a golden necklace around his neck.
 
Obviously, he was the leader.
 
“Fear me not young one, and come closer.” He said motion Davis to sit before him.
 
Davis sat down nervously. “I take it you're the guy in charge?” he asked.
 
The figure nodded, “I am called Number One” he said, “We call each other here by number, not by name!”
 
“Tell me, Troubled one, why is it you come here to the Island Of Doom?”
 
Davis didn't know whether or not he could trust this guy, but he looked back into his past, and told him everything.
 
About how he fell in love with Kari, and lost her to another man. Now he didn't have the nerve to even find the nerve to keep going in life.
 
Without Kari… Davis felt like nothing!
 
“I wish… to come live here on this island so tat I may put it all behind me, and forget it all!”
 
Davis couldn't tell if Number one was smiling, but he stood up and told Davis to come with him.
 
 
Number One showed Davis around the island so that he would know what was in store for him when he joined.
 
The island was split into two equal halves. The men live on one side, and the women lived on the other side.
 
The villages were based on designs from the 1920s old style. Which meant during the day, you do roughly what you want and be too busy to have a care in the world.
 
The thunder and Light may have looked savage but it would never hit the island, and was used to take part in their reality show starting soon.
 
A show where… the Rarest of all the people on the island would tell the views sad stories about people having their dreams shattered.
 
Number one also told Davis, that he seemed to be just the guy for the job, and that not only entitled him to be the host of the show.
 
But to have his own little house on the top of the hills, and the second biggest one on the entire island to Number One's.
 
There was just one problem… “Think this over wisely, Young-One.” Said Number-One.
 
“Once you have been initiated into out clan. Unless your dream can still come true, you may never leave this island and return to the mainland.”
 
“Do you understand?”
 
Davis thought it over, and decided what was the point of going back to place where he didn't feel appreciated.
 
Kari had TK now, and there was nothing he could ever do to get her back now. So the answer was obvious.
 
Davis stared into Number One's dark hood and asked… “When do I begin?”