Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Island Of Doom ❯ Works from the heart ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
 
That night Kari's eyes were red from crying yesterday. Her heart was bitter and cold, unable to accept the fact that TK dumped her.
 
Later on that day, the chancellor of the college asked Someone to head to Davis' dorm and clean it out.
 
It looked as though Davis had left the school and wouldn't be coming back, but to where he was now, no one knew.
 
Kari thought that rude of Davis. Leaving without saying good-bye, or giving at least a clue to where he was going.
 
Worst of all… why had he left when he was so popular with the girls here at the school?
 
Never the less, Kari volunteered to do it herself.
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile, on the island…
 
 
Davis had passed all the entrance tests… and he was now dressed in the same purple robe and black cloak like his fellow villagers.
 
He was Number 98.
 
He was brought before Number One in front of everyone on the island to accept his final token of initiation… A golden tiara like crown for his forehead.
 
Davis knelt before Number One, and the crown was place around his forehead.
 
“Welcome to our family, Number 98.” He said in his deep voice. “You have joined the people of the Island of Doom, who have come to this place because the outside world rejects them.”
 
“As you are by far the rarest of all our people, you shall have the privilege of hosting our new show about to start next week.”
 
“Now… arise and let us feast upon your welcoming!”
 
Davis arose and bowed to his new leader, and waved his hands to the cheering crowd below.
 
* * *
 
Back at the school…
 
 
Kari did as she was told that night, she had gathered up all of Davis' things, but she still couldn't put her finger on where he had gone.
 
Maybe something on his computer would tell her.
 
Kari looked all over the internet and found lots of other Colleges, but not one of them had Davis' name on file… nor was the site even visited by him.
 
About an hour later, she gave up, and was about to turn the computer off when suddenly she noticed a disk was still in the computer slot.
 
The odds were against her it would have answers, but she tried it anyways.
 
Kari opened up the file and gasped at what she saw… and entire private web-page with pictures of her all over.
 
Kari looked at the date, and noted that Davis had made this when they were in high-school.
 
But Kari thought Davis said he got over his feelings for her, so why make this?
 
Kari looked all over the site, and found a small story that told her everything that Davis wrote about himself over the years.
 
Davis never really got over his crush at all, and he merely just said he had to get Kari and TK to stop teasing him.
 
It also said, when Davis found out Kari and TK Dating, he decided that he had finally had it with the love life.
 
He never wanted to feel anymore pain like this ever again. So he vowed never to fall in love again, and stay as far away from girls as possible.
 
“That's just silly!” Kari thought. “Davis can't possibly still have a crush on me!”
 
Well that's what she thought… until she checked another section entitled… Works From The Heart.
 
“This I have to see.” She thought.
 
But when she opened up the page, she found more than what she expected.
 
There were not only taken photos of Kari on the page, but even a few Hand-made pictures by Davis.
 
Kari was so surprised, they were so neatly drawn that it was hard to tell them from the taken pictures.
 
Kari checked the date on the screen, and saw that this page was just completed, but had in fact been started years ago.
 
One month after Davis first met Kari to be precise
 
Right above the date, and bellow all the pictures was a little poem Davis wrote.
 
Kari was about to start reading it, when she accidentally clicked the mouse on a red button with a musical note on it, beside the poem.
 
 
Soft sweet music started playing, and the words in the poem turned blue bright one by one as Davis' voice was being heard.
 
Kari realized… it wasn't a poem at all… it was a song!
 
 
[Davis' Voice]
 
-Kamiya, Hikari Kamiya
What are these strange enchantments that start
whenever you're near?

-Kamiya, Hikari Kamiya
Why can't you whisper the words that my heart
is longing to hear?


-Your magically,
a beautiful mystery.
I'm certain of
all I know,
because you enthrall me so.

-Kamiya, Hikari Kamiya
Why don't you say,
that you'll always stay,
close to my heart.
 
The song ended, and Kari didn't know what to think.
 
That voice… it didn't sound much like Davis', it was so soothing and captivating… but then she found it…
 
Davis had been secretly using a recording program on the internet, a program which allowed him to use any music in the world, and record his voice.
 
When Kari realized that it was playing at normal speed, there was no questioning it… it was Davis' voice alright.
 
He made that whole song for Kari, but never told her about it. Probably because he was too shy.
 
Never the less… Kari got the message, Davis still had feelings for her, that could be why he left… but there had to be more to it.
 
Just because Davis had his heart broken didn't mean he had to just leave like that and not say a word to where he went.
 
That's when she found another page, with a poem to go with it as well.
 
It was a group picture of all the Digi Destined from Japan. Except… something seemed different about it.
 
There were two different land scenes.
 
The first picture showed the Digi destined together in the park on day, but Davis wasn't in it.
 
Kari couldn't understand it. She remember Davis was standing right beside her that day, but instead it looked as though she was standing next to TK.
 
That's when she Davis in the other picture. The other scenery showed Davis standing out in the rain in the woods all by himself, and he wasn't even smiling.
 
Davis must've somehow taken the picture to a painting program, and cut rearranged the picture so it looked like it did now.
 
Kari viewed the small story, and realized Davis felt lonely being the Digi destined that he was.
 
So strong hearted, and Powerful that he couldn't be outmatched by anyone.
 
That made Kari realized that Davis sort of was in a class by himself.
 
He always continued forward, even when all the others, even she, gave up.
 
Davis taught everyone to believe in their dreams when they were up against Maylo-Myotismon.
 
Kari's dream was to become a preschool teacher, and it was thanks to Davis' pep-talk that day that taught her to keep going until she got it.
 
Kari even remembered Davis said he wanted to open a Noodle-Cart and make the best Ramen and Noodles in the world.
 
But there was more to the story…
 
It also said Davis felt even more alone than ever, because he was the only Digi destined left with no soul-mate.
 
It even said that Davis may probably never open his cart because, the fame a fortune it may bring him… what was the point of having it if he had no one to share it with him?
 
Finally, Kari turned to the song, and clicked on the red button… Once again, Davis' voice was heard as sadder, more bitter music played.
 
 
[Davis' Voice]
 
 
-The Happiness, of being me,
is not what it's cracked up to be.
It's lonely being One… of a kind!
 
-With all the known variety,
the fame that nature gave to me,
It's lonely being One… of a kind!
 
 
-I'd like to be like everyone I see.
Not different…Just an ordinary guy.
Who falls in love, and leads a simple life
At least…I'd like to have…the chance to try.
 
-The Happiness, of being me,
is not what it's cracked up to be.
It's lonely being One… of a kind!
 
-It's Lonely… being…One… of a kind!
 
 
Kari wiped her eyes on her sleeve… “That was so sad!” she thought, “Why do I feel like this is all my fault?”