Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Island Of Doom ❯ The Strange TV show ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
 
Kari had passed on word to the others as to why Davis' left, and when she showed them Davis' songs… everyone felt just awful.
 
All this time they had been hanging out with their loved ones, or too busy thinking of their own lives to notice Davis was shedding tears of loneliness.
 
Not mention he only wanted to be with Kari, but if he couldn't, then he would forget all about love and everything that cam with it.
 
That really was messed up.
 
But still… even though they knew why Davis may have left, it still didn't answer to where he had gone.
 
Even Izzy couldn't figure out where, and he had access to almost every school computer system in the world.
 
 
When Izzy found his wife, and settled in. He started his own computer lab to make way for the future of computer technology.
 
Ranked as one of the smartest men in world, Izzy hardly ever got stumped anymore… until now.
 
He had been at this case for a week now, and still he had nothing on Davis' whereabouts.
 
The worst part was, he didn't have his D3, or his D-terminal anymore, so they couldn't really track his position, or send him an email.
 
Not that it would matter. Davis probably didn't even want to talk to them anyways.
 
It was because of them that he had left, so how could they possibly try to understand what he was going through?
 
 
Later on that night,
 
In their shared Dorm, Ken and Yolei were exhausted from all the work.
 
It was hard enough to get their school-work done, but finding where Davis was without his D3 an D-Terminal.
 
That was like trying to find a piece of hair in a hay stack… and that was harder than a needle in a haystack.
 
Ken was sitting on the sofa flipping through TV channels, when Yolei walked out of the bedroom.
 
“Ken…” she yawned, “What are you doing up so late?”
 
“Oh… I just can't sleep.” Said Ken. “I'm too worried about Davis.”
 
His girlfriend came and sat down beside him. “So am I… I haven't really slept a wink either!” she said.
 
“Ken?” she asked. “If I you never got to be with me, would you have done what Davis did… leave and never say a word?”
 
Ken stared at his girlfriend with love. “No… I would never do that.” Said Ken, “Maybe for some other girl, but not you Yolei.”
 
Yolei smiled back, and she leaned forward, and kissed him. Ken wrapped his arms around her holding her close to him.
 
In his senselessness he dropped the remote on the floor, causing it to switch channels, and the sound of haunted organ music startled them both out of their kiss.
 
“Wh…what's this!” asked Yolei sounding a little frightened. “I… I don't know, I've never seen this show before.” Said Ken.
 
 
The screen showed a picture of what looked like a tropical island on a clear day… but why was there haunted spook music.
 
Suddenly… BOOM!!!
 
Thunder and lightning shook the skies and the island turned dark and spooky, as if it had been cursed.
 
And in the flashes, Yolei and Ken saw the words… ISLAND OF DOOM… in red funny writing.
 
The drawbridge on the sketch looked as though it was opening, and the screen zoomed in closer… and then blacked out, but the music was still playing.
 
Even a wolf's howl was heard over the mountains.
 
Yolei and Ken quivered in fear, but THEN… what they saw snapped them out of it… and put them in a state of shock.
 
There… on the screen, dressed in a purple robe, a black cloak, and a golden-tiara like ring around his head.
 
“Davis?!” they both cried.
 
 
In the TV…
 
The music had quieted down a bit, but hadn't stopped yet…
 
Davis turned from inside his little house, and looked outside the window as a smaller flash of lightning and thunder shook the dark skies.
 
The he turned to face the camera, and walked spookily to his big armchair. “Good evening.” He said in a rather low toned voice.
 
“I am Daisuke Motomyia, the rarest of all broken-hearted people. Welcome to the Island of Doom.”
 
“This place is where all people like me, who have had their dreams shattered and don't have what it takes to kill themselves, but not continue in life come to live until their dreams can come true.”
 
Davis picked a book down from the shelf, and sat in his armchair by a roaring fire.
 
“Each week, I shall read to you a sad, yet true story of how one of our many people came to this island.”
 
“For tonight's story. We shall look into the life of a young boy named Taylor, who tried to fight his way out of his sorrows.”
 
“Which the story is entitled… Go West young Taylor!”
 
The thunder struck again.
 
“Lets join him…now!” said Davis as he slowly opened the book, and the picture changed.
 
 
Back in the bedroom
 
 
Ken and Yolei used the dorm phones to page the others, and told them to turn their TVs on!
 
Despite the fact that it was late at night, the others did as they were told, and were just able to see Davis' face before the scene had changed completely.
 
The Story…
 
A strange teenage voice was overheard while the screen showed a picture of Hollywood.
 
“This is Hollywood”
 
“It's a place of fame. It's a place of wonders. It's place… that I wish I could forget!
 
“My name is Taylor Tristan… and this is my story. A tragic tale of working to the bone for something, and still not able to get it!”
 
 
 
Author's notes:
 
Hey everyone, Mykan here!
 
I thought I may point out that the show the Island of Doom promises…
 
Is actually a reenactment of that old Sesame-Street sketch… MYSTERIOUS THEATER.
 
But with a few differences though.
 
Also, the story your about to here is a re-written of Go West Young Meowth from Pokemon