Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Island Of Doom ❯ Escape from Doom ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
 
 
Everyone stopped cheering suddenly.
 
“Hey… hold a minute.” Said 34, “All the boast have been destroyed in the battle. So how are we supposed to get off this island?”
 
That was a problem, and since the island was uncharted, there was no chance at all of them being found.
 
Suddenly, the island began quivering violently. “Whoa… what's happening?” cried Gatomon.
 
“I think we're cracking up!” cried Kari.
 
 
Meanwhile
 
Izzy's computer showed nothing but trouble. “I was afraid of this!” he cried. “Davis and Kari must've have beaten Devimon, and the chain reaction has started.”
 
Izzy had told them that the island was formed by an undersea volcano that Devimon had created with dark energy.
 
But now that Devimon was gone, without him the volcano had a mind of it's own now.
 
The pressure of the lava underneath was getting so intense, and the ocean water was so cold… that the rock on the underside of the island were breaking up.
 
“I don't get it Izzy.” Said Yolei, “Is the lava just going to harden into more support?”
 
Izzy shook his head. “It's happening way too fast, the rock is already shattering!” he cried.
 
“Lava will burst up through the cracks in the rock… the surge will cause a huge volcanic eruption!!”
 
The team all gasped with wide eyed expressions. “But…if that happens…” said Ken.
 
Izzy nodded. “… The island is about to Self-destruct!”
 
The team couldn't believe their ears, they had to hurry. “Joe… Mimi… keep the boats at a safe distance.” Called Tai.
 
Joe and Mimi agreed.
 
Back on the island
 
The island tilted one way, and then the other, in a merry-go-round of chain reaction.
 
“What are we going to do?” cried 68. “These reactions are everywhere. This whole island could go up at any minute!”
 
Davis wasn't sure what to do this time. Sure he was good at battling, but escaping situations like this, he only did once.
 
When Ken's base was plunged from the skies, they all flew out to safety.
 
Well… it was true that the cloud was gone and Veemon and Gatomon could Digivolve now, but there was no way they could get everyone off in time.
 
“There's only one way.” Davis said. “EVERYONE… LISTEN UP!!”
 
Everyone turned to face him, “Listen… it may be risky, but it's or only chance!” he said to the crowd.
 
“If we can't get off one by one… then we can all get off here at once!”
 
“How the heck can we do that?” said one of the girls. “There's nothing on this island that can hold all 100 of us at once.”
 
“Then we'll just have to make something!” said Davis. He took off his cape and tore off a part of his robes.
 
He tied them both together and made a little sack, and it was strong enough to support the weight of three bricks.
 
Everyone agreed. “Alright, let's get started!” said Davis.
 
“I'm on it.” Said Kari, and everyone started passing and tying up the strong fabrics.
 
They had to work fast because the island was started to heat up, by the time the they were almost done the far side of the island started spewing up red hot rocks.
 
Meanwhile
 
“There it is up ahead.” Said Cody who rode on Digmon (Who could fly being an insectDigimon)
 
Izzy looked up and saw the fountain of lava on the other side. “Oh no! Lava's already bursting through the cracks.” He cried.
 
“It's only matter of minutes until the island explodes!”
 
Joe and Mimi stopped the coast guard where they were, “We'll be fine here… go get them off the island.” Called Joe.
 
Tai and TK nodded and moved on ahead with Angemon and Wargreymon.
 
On the Island
 
The hills were beginning to crumble, and the water was coming in, but everyone finished making the buggy bag.
 
However, when they tested it out, they realized it would hold them all, but not for too long before it broke.
 
 
“Hey look out there!” Said Angewomon. “It's Tai and TK.”
 
Davis and Kari couldn't believe it, but it was them alright, and it looked as though they brought the whole gang… and the coast guard for help.
 
“Alright everyone, quick, into the buggy!” cried Kari, “Move… move…move!!”
 
Everyone hastily got in not caring at all that they were uncomfortably sitting on top of one another.
 
Davis and Kari mounted their Digimon, then they sealed up the bag, which had air hole for the people to breathe, and lifted it up into the air.
 
“TAI!!” called Davis waving his arms.
 
“DAVIS... KARI!” called Tai, “Hold on, We're coming!”
 
“No Tai!” cried Kari… “We'll be fine, but turn back and keep away from the island. It's going to go up at any moment.”
 
Wargreymon and Angemon didn't know what to do. “But are you guys alright?” asked Angemon.
 
“Don't ask questions!” shouted Ex-Veemon, “Just so as we said… AND GET THE HECK OUT OF HERE!!”
 
Tai and TK agreed. “You heard them… lets scram!” cried TK, and they both turned the other way followed by the others carrying the buggy bag they made.
 
No sooner had they got all the people safely on the boats did the island behind them begin exploding.
 
 
“There she goes.” Said Kari.
 
“Yep…” added Davis, “The island of Doom… is really Doomed now.”
 
 
KABOOM!!!…KABLAM!! …KAPOW!!
 
“Take a look at that…What an escape.” Said one of the boys on the boats. “We made it!”
 
Well… with the island gone, and everyone safe and sound, there wasn't really much a choice but to head on home.
 
 
A Few days latter
 
Davis was allowed back into the college… Provided that he write a 10,000 word paper as punishment for his desertion.
 
Kari too… although her intentions were heroic and helped save the world, she still broke the rules.
 
“Kari… we have to know. How did you guys manage to beat Devimon?” asked Tai.
 
“Well, actually…” she said, “I only helped a little. Davis and Veemon were the ones who saved the day.”
 
TK stepped forward, “No way… Davis, Veemon… you finished off Devimon… alone?” he asked.
 
Davis and Veemon both nodded, “Guess you could say you and I are both the Devimon-Exterminators now.” said Davis.
 
“Hey Veemon… do you think you could show me a few moves?” asked Patamon.
 
Veemon thought, “Well… sure, after all, if any other Digimon comes back from the dead, we have to be ready.” He said.
 
“Hey… uh Kari?” asked TK sounding a little shy, “I've thought it over, and… I guess I was a bit careless.”
 
“Do you think we can try it again?”
 
Kari giggled a bit, “Well… maybe some other time.” She said, “I already have plans.”
 
TK raised an eyebrow, “What plans?”
 
Davis stepped up beside Kari, “Plans with me.”
 
TK's jaw dropped, “No way… you two aren't going out now are you?” he asked.
 
They both shook their heads. “We have to finish up our papers.” Said Davis.
 
“Then we're going out” replied Kari.
 
TK's eyes widened, as he saw what Davis had in his hand. Two tickets to see an opera that was a fictional reenactment of all their adventures the people had made.
 
“No way… how did you get those?” asked Tai, “I've been trying to get my hands on them for months, but their so expensive.”
 
Davis giggled a bit, It turned out that One of the Kids he brought home from the island happened to be the Son of the Queen of England!
 
What Davis didn't know was, the Queen posted out a One-million dollar reward for the safe return of her son.
 
Davis tired to refuse, but the queen insisted he take it, and Davis thought to put the money to good use.
 
“So… I bought these two tickets, and two well dress outfits for opening night.”
 
“I hope you have fun.” Said Tai.
 
“So will you, Tai.” Said Davis. “All of you… You two TK.”
 
Everyone looked up.
 
That was right, Davis had already bought them all Tickets to opening night, and gave them a little extra money for fancy outfits.
 
“You didn't think I would keep all that money for myself, did you!” said Davis, “I sort of wanted to make up for making you guys worry about me.”
 
Davis' only answer, was the entire gang coming together for one big group hug around him… even TK.
 
“But Davis… what did you do with the rest of the money?” asked TK.
 
Davis whistled out into the air, and the ground began to silently quiver as the girls who used to catch Davis ran towards them.
 
“It's TK… the First guy to beat that Devimon dude!” some of the cried.
 
TK turned purple… and ran off with the girls not to far behind him. “DAVIS!!”
 
“Their gaining on you, TK!” Davis called out, and he joined in with others in a burst of laughter.