Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Takato Files - "Mirror Mirror" ❯ Takato, Meet Takato ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

THE TAKATO FILES:
"Mirror Mirror"

CHAPTER TWO:
Takato, Meet Takato

By the time lunchtime had rolled around, Kazu and Kenta still hadn't renewed their friendship. Kenta was still planning on finishing the project by himself, and Kazu, being the stubborn boy that he always was, still believed that Kenta was being stupid and arrogant.

"Y'know something Henry?" Takato asked his friend as the two of them walked to the cafeteria.

"What?" Henry replied.

"It's weird...Kazu and Kenta used to be so...er, inseperable. Now, they hate each other." Takato said, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Mo-mentai." Henry said. "It's not your fault."

"I know it's not," Takato began, "but still though...just when I thought we were all reunited again, Kazu and Kenta end their friendship. I mean, Kazu's not going anywhere with us if Kenta's coming along and Kenta's not going anywhere if Kazu's coming."

Henry let out a sigh and stood in line with Takato standing behind him.

"So, what have you been up to?" Henry asked Takato, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, nothing much...just the, er, the ocassional history project...that's, uh, due tomorrow." Takato replied nervously. He had completely forgotten about the project. So far, all he had was a huge pile of notes, charts and drawings he had gathered over the past 2 weeks. Now, he had less than 24 hours to compile them all and turn it into something worthy of at least a B+.

"When's it due?" Henry asked.

"Uhh, tomorrow morning." Takato replied, starting to sweat.

"Need help?" Henry offered.

"Really? I could really use some...thanks Henry." Takato said.

"No problem. Mom and dad won't mind...they still have to go do some unpacking." Henry replied.

"Don't you have any unpacking to do?" Takato asked.

"I already finished yesterday." Henry replied, smiling.

"Oh...so, uh, how much do you know about Ancient Egypt?" Takato asked, smiling as well.

"Well, uh, last month, my family and I went to Egypt for a few weeks. And, uh...me and Suzie kinda got lost in a pyramid for a while...and then the batteries to my flashlight died...and, uh, they finally found us...six hours later." Henry said, looking slightly embarassed as he took a sandwich from the food tray on the counter.

Takato grabbed a sandwich as well. "Er, how did it feel like? Being stuck in someone's grave for six hours?"

"It was...different..." Henry replied, as he gave his payment to the cashier.

"Wow...you were actually in a pyramid and you actually got los--uh, sorry." Takato quickly stopped before he made Henry mad.

Henry sighed quietly and walked towards a table and sat down, and Takato followed him.

"Er...you don't mind if I asked for your entire personal account of what was it like being in the pyramid?" Takato asked hopefully.

"I'd prefer doing it after school...if it's alright with you, that is." Henry replied.

"Oh, uh, yeah...sure. Where should we go?" said Takato.

"The park?" Henry suggested.

"The park it is then." Takato said. He then started eating his sandwich.

"Hey, Takato...it's been 3 years since, uh, we beat the D-Reaper...and then, uh, our Digimon went back to the Digital World...do you ever still think what happened to Guilmon?" Henry asked quietly.

"I haven't given it much thought, really. I stopped going through that portal I found about a year ago." Takato replied. He put his head down on the table. "I still try to keep in contact with Guilmon though, but I think he's landed some role in a movie over there...last time I talked to him, he said he was working for Digimon Studios."

"How about you? Thinking of pursuing an acting career?" Henry asked.

"Er..." Takato began, "no. I seem to be allergic to cameras. Remember during the Christmas play? I was s'posed to sing "O Come All Ye Faithful" but then I realized they were taping us--"

"--And your voice cracked." Henry finished his sentence for him. "Yeah, I remember. Ms. Asaji was ready to explode if it hadn't been for Kazu and Kent..." Henry paused.

"Yeah...do you think they'll ever be friends again?" Takato asked.

"I hope." Henry replied.

When Takato had finished his lunch a couple of minutes later. He got up and put the plastic wrap in a garbage container.

"I'm going to go wash my hands." Takato told Henry. "Where are you off to?"

"The library, I guess...er, where is it, anyway?" Henry asked.

"Oh, just go to the third floor and take a left. You can't miss it." Takato replied.

"Thanks." Said Henry.

Takato walked down the hallway until he found the boy's bathroom. He went inside...that was weird, the bathroom was totally empty...(meaning no other people.)

"This place was usually full of people." Takato muttered to himself.

He quietly walked inside and walked over to the nearest sink. He turned on the tap and began to rinse his hands. He looked into the mirror and noticed something, his tie was loosened and the top button of his shirt was unbuttoned.

"What the--?" he said quietly.

Takato turned the tap off and quickly dried his hands. He noticed something odd about the figure in the mirror. It was him, but it didn't do what he was doing...plus, the mirror image also had an odd evil-ish stare; nothing like how Takato would stare when he did. It was kind of like, the mirror image was a totally different person.

"This...isn't normal." Takato muttered again.

"You're damn right it isn't." The Mirror Takato replied.

Takato then proceeded to move his arms up and down and see if the mirror image would do what he did. But instead, his mirror simply stood there...and yawned.

"Don't you have anything better to do? I mean...why waste your time flapping your arms up and down like your some fucking penguin trying to fly?!" Mirror Takato asked.

"That's definitely not me..." Takato said, starting to sound slightly frightened.

"Of course it ain't, gogglehead! It's me!" Mirror Takato replied.

The mirror then started to glow with a reddish light.

"Okay, this is some scary stuff!" Takato explained.

"Yeah...like the X-Files or the Outer Limits!" Mirror Takato replied, cackling. "Exciting, ain't it?"

The average person would've run away by now, but Takato, being so extremely curious that curiosity almost caused his death a couple of times stood where he was standing...staring at the glowing mirror.

"I'm thinking more like "Beyond Belief: Fact of Fiction" scary!" Takato said, still standing there, petrified.

"Oh...THAT show! That was boring! Jonathan Frakes is a sissy! He's some damn Greenpeace activist or whatever you call it where I come from...trying to save the whales and mongooses!" Mirror Takato laughed.

"Uhh..." Takato began, but he couldn't get himself to finish his sentence.

The mirror suddenly let out a flash of white light, and about a second later, Takato found himself standing face-to-face with his mirror self.

"Uhh...uhh..." Takato began, "er, nice to...meet...you?"

"Yeah sure it is! You look like you've just seen a ghost!" Mirror Takato replied, shaking Takato's hand hard.

"Um...maybe...I have." Takato said, his voice quavering slightly.

"Uh-huh...sure. Oh, by the way, I have a little present for you, my friend..." Mirror Takato said, still sounding like he was plotting something evil.

"W-w-what's that?" Takato asked. He thought to himself, how can any present coming from an evil alternate-universe version of me be something good?

"I know what you're thinking." Mirror Takato said as he circled Takato. "You're thinking that because I'm from an 'evil alternate-universe,' my present surely can't be good, huh?"

"You're also a telepath?" Takato asked.

"I AM you! Remember? Only...I've got a more sophisticated mind...plus, I'm more funny and outgoing than you will ever be!" Mirror Takato replied, his voice growing louder.

"Um, okay...okay...there's gotta be a perfectly logical explanation to all this." Takato told himself quietly.

"There IS NO logic in the paranormal!" Mirror Takato yelled.

"I must be hallucinating...yeah, that's it, I'm--"

"NOT HALLUCINATING!"

"I'm just hallucinating!!!!"

"NO YOU'RE NOT!"

"YES I AM"

"I'M FOR REAL, YOU DIMWIT!"

"NO YOU'RE--"

"See you later..."

"Whaa? Come back here!"

But when Takato looked around for Mirror Takato, he was already gone.

The door suddenly swung open.

Takato walked over to where the door was, and bumped into Kazu.

"Gee chumley, a simple sorry would've been nice!" Kazu snapped as he pushed Takato aside and walked into the bathroom.

As Takato walked out the door, he muttered to himself. "I was just hallucinating...too much sugar and ice cream made me hallucinate. Yeah, that's it...too much sugar and ice cream."

"It ain't sugar and ice cream." A voice whispered in Takato's ear.

Takato spun around, and there he was, Mirror Takato...

"It ain't sugar and ice cream...believe me." Mirror Takato repeated and vanished in a flash of white light.

Takato blinked and made his way to the library, repeating the same "I was just hallucinating" thing over and over again.

***

Later that afternoon, Takato met up with Henry at the front entrance of the school. The two of them then started to walk to the park.

"Henry, you're never gonna believe this." Takato told his friend.

"Never gonna believe what?" Henry asked, eager to hear what Takato had to say.

"Have you ever believed in alternate universes?" Takato asked.

"Uh, well...I guess you can classify the Digital World as an alternate universe." Henry replied.

"I had a hard time believing it too, but I think I actually met my alternate universe self in the bathroom...and he came out of a mirror and--"

"Whoa, whoa," Henry said, "let me get this straight. You saw your alternate universe self in the bathroom mirror and then he..."

"Came out of the mirror." Takato continued. "I don't know why he came to visit me...it was weird."

"Well, I know, a lot of weird stuff's happened to you since I've known you. Don't foget all the stuff's that happened in the Digital World." Said Henry.

"Yeah, but...nothing really happened to me in the real world." Takato replied.

"Uh, Takato, don't you remember the time in elementary school when we did another play? Your stage fright summoned the spirits of two dead people who helped you remember your lines?" Henry asked.

"Humphrey Bogart and, uh...uh...William Shakespeare...I don't know what they were doing in Japan." Said Takato.

"And don't forget the time your forehead started hurting after you read the fourth Harry Potter book." Henry reminded him.

"And I thought I was Voldemort's next victim?" Takato said, starting to recall the event, "but it turned out that I shouldn't have been eating ice cream while reading."

"Face it Takato, you're a magnet for paranormal activity. Just hope the FBI don't find out about you." Henry said.

Soon, the two reached the park, found a bench, and sat down.

"So, um, can I talk to you abou--"

Takato was interrupted by the sudden beeping of his Digivice (or whatever they call it in Tamers.)

"I haven't heard that thing beep in years." Takato said, surprised. "I'm surprised I still carry it around."

"What do you see on it?" Henry asked.

"It's...Guilmon." Takato replied quietly.