Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found: Royal Line Blues ❯ Prince Vegeta fallen ( Chapter 22 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 22  


Bulma blinked as she heard a familiar voice. Was it possible? Turning her head she saw Krillen in full battle armor. He held a finger to his lips, begging her to be silent. Her heart pounded with hope. If Krillen were there, he'd make sure that this bastard wouldn't harm her.

"You overstep your authority, Ensign Lettuce!"

"Sir, he's right," said Sgt. Marrow. "You were told not to harm her… you can have your fun later after she's been interrogated…"

"Fine. But if she escapes, you're all going to be roasted alive," Kumquat barked. He dropped Bulma so she landed with a thud on her backside.

"Allow me sir," said Lettuce as he rushed over, and clipped a pair of shackles on Bulma. She swallowed in relief to feel Krillen's hands making the bindings minimally tight.

"Come, we've wasted enough time. You'd better take GOOD care of the prisoner, Ensign… or else your Idsarjin ass is mine. Although I think this woman might be of interest when I'm done with her… considering she's your kind…"

"Fine," Krillen nodded. Bulma saw the red stripes covering his bald head, bare arms and thighs. Apparently he knew about the local customs as much as she did. His hand reached back to squeeze her reassuringly as he marched her onto a sky sled.

"Thank Kame," she whispered as he sat next to her.

"I came as fast as I could," Krillen whispered to her, blocking the view of her from the others. Other locals were being shackled up and shoved near Bulma. To her horror she saw that Navel was one of them. Where was Ascorbic? A loud scream came from Navel as she fought and tore at her ki shackles. Grinning, Kumquat walked over and cupped her chin.

"At last we have you right where we want you. Your little revolt is all too clear to us…"

"You TRAITOR!" Navel spat on him.

"My dear woman, such a harsh word. You picked the wrong side, as I almost did. But no matter. If you behave you'll live…"

"I'd sooner die than let you put your filth inside me!"

"I thought you lived to please any guest…"

"You're no GUEST of the Royal line!" she snarled, biting his hand. He backhanded her across the face, causing Bulma and Krillen to squeeze their eyes shut.

"Mind your place, bitch. Bok Choi will enjoy breaking you… and I'm sure you'll find a civil tongue when we deal with your mate…"

"You leave him ALONE!" she screamed.

"Take her away. We've a transport to take back to Central…"

"Vegeta, where are you?" Bulma whispered, shivering against Krillen. He couldn't put a hand in hers because he had a cover to keep. Still knowing he was right next to her watching over her reassured her.

"Bulma, what's all this about?" Krillen asked. They were left alone on the sky sled except for the other prisoners charged to Krillen's care. He barked orders to several black suited soldiers to leave him privately with Bulma on the rear seat.

"Yes sir!" barked the pilot.

"Good, now no funny business or I'll put a distructo disc in your backside," Krillen yelled, and the guard minded his own business.

"Wow, they really like a take charge man… if Goku could see you…" gasped Bulma.

"I know. It's pretty cool. But what the heck are you and Veg head doing? My whole regiment got packed up and sent out to this place to put down some 'rebellion'. They said we were going after brigands… and I assumed that was Yamucha…"

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah, he's FINE. Apparently Mr. Zocolotto found some job for him and Ami to run booze from Orchydsei to the garrison on Pyorrhea. That's Central in military talk," Krillen chuckled.

"So he's okay… and Yumi?"

"Yumi's… safe," Krillen gulped. "But she's kinda ticked at me…"

"Uh oh. But what's going on? How did you get into the army?"

"Long story. But it's sorta your fault, and Veg head's." Said Krillen.

"Fine blame me! While you were playing toy soldier, I almost DIED! And the Idsarjin protecting me…"

"Uh Bulma… about that guy…" he said, pointing. Bulma gasped as Kumquat flew nearby, and overtook them. A cruel smile covered his face as he landed on a rooftop. All the sky sleds halted, hovering only feet from the plaza.

"Bring the cat to me," said Kumquat. Bulma almost screamed when she saw Ascorbic tossed down at the commander's boots.

"That's ascorbic…"

"My love! You bastard what have you done?" Navel screamed, tearing against her bonds from nearby.

"Now, bitch, tell me WHY you were there, and I'll spare your sorry mate!" Kumquat grinned.

"Burn in hell," Ascorbic coughed. He crawled over and spat blood onto Kumquat's red boot.

"So, you think you're tough are you? Well, go ahead and attack me now. You've got your chance. You and all your traitorous kind are only fit as whores and slaves anyhow… you forget your place…"

"Fuck you," Ascorbic laughed, pushing himself up. Kumquat jumped out of the way as a stray tongue of lightening crackled over him. Kumquat kicked him sharply in the ribs, and hurled a red blast point blank. Bulma screamed, hugging Krillen as Navel hollered.

"Dolt. You can't match me. And now you're going to die right in front of your little bitch…"

"NO!" Navel screamed. "You fight ME you bastard!"

"Oh no, I've got other plans for YOU," he grinned.

"No, you can't do this!" Bulma screamed. "He's done nothing to…"

"Shut up!" Krillen hissed, grabbing her mouth. "You want to kill us both?"

Bulma fought against Krillen's grasp. He hissed, "Bulma, stop it! You can't help them!"

"But they saved me," she sobbed, as Kumquat grabbed Ascorbic and threw him against the side of a wall, leaving a sizable dent. Navel roared in anger, tearing at her bonds while Kumquat tore into her mate.


"Please, don't do this!" Bulma cried, throwing Krillen off her. "You're killing him…"

"Control your prisoner, Lettuce!" Kumquat barked.

"Bulma, stop it!" Krillen yelled, yanking her down. She sobbed as he held her firmly to the seat.

"Now, where were we?"

"You'll rot in HELL," Ascorbic laughed, lying in a pool of green blood. Frowning, Kumquat kicked him repeatedly in the ribs. Bulma winced at the sound of cracking bones.

"Not so tough are you, without your ability to morph? Too bad for you that my kind of energy is endothermic… you can't transform if you don't have the heat," snickered Kumquat.

"Really, you amaze me," someone interrupted. Kumquat gasped as blue white energy rained on them all from above. Drifting overhead was the Prince of Saiyans himself, blue white aura crackling as he powered up.

"Vegeta!" Bulma squealed, throwing Krillen off.

"So, you finally make your appearance, prince of monkeys?" Kumquat laughed. He dodged a ki bolt thrown at him. "ATTACK!"

"Hiding behind your fools as always, are you?" Vegeta taunted him. "I'll make this simple. Release your prisoners and I don't hurt you… much. Otherwise, you die NOW… and horribly…"

"No deal, traitor," Kumquat snickered, throwing Ascorbic to the side, and gesturing to his men to put themselves between him and Vegeta.

"I don't recall giving you a CHOICE!" Vegeta yelled. Raising his hand he aimed a sizable ki blast that slammed into the living wall. They all flew away from the impact point, some screaming horribly, while others were knocked senseless.

"Meteor shower!" Kumquat yelled, raising his hand as he levitated out of the way. Bulma squealed as the ki flared from his palm and shot up into the heavens before arcing back and splitting into thousands of little explosions that bombarded Vegeta.

The prince zipped in and out of each, materializing behind the soldier holding Navel. He punched the guard and threw him over the side, then cut her bonds with a mini ki beam. She gasped, and rushed over to ascorbic. Snarling, she generated green lightening and incinerated the guards to her left and right.

"Go, now!" Vegeta yelled. She nodded, taking her mate over her arm and zipping away. Vegeta zipped in and out, punching and kicking the various guards who raised their weapons or hands to shoot her. In seconds she was only a gleaming blip on the horizon.

"Thank Kame," Bulma whispered. She saw Vegeta materialize opposite Kumquat, who was seething in rage.

"You have grown soft, Prince Vegeta…"

"Don't question my motives, low life," Vegeta answered. "If you wish me to spare your miserable life, you'll release the woman at once…"

"Oh, so this little minx is something to you?" Kumquat chuckled. "Interesting. Lettuce, kill her…"

"Now don't be hasty," Krillen said. "Surely you can just do what he says?"

"Shut up!" Kumquat barked, and hurled a blast at Krillen. "Obey me or die!"

"Yes… sir…" he gasped.  


Hovering twenty feet overhead Vegeta blinked, when he noticed Krillen looking helpless. The little Z figher bit his lip, sliding his arm around Bulma's neck, then raised his hand to generate a feeble destructo disc. While his commanding officer screamed at Krillen to keep Bulma at ki point, he knew that Vegeta was a far worse threat. Bulma glanced up into the dark eyes of the Saiyan Prince, seeing utter rage shimmering there. A wave of anger and concern washed through her mind, steadying her that Vegeta wouldn't let her die. Was it his emotions she was feeling, Bulma wondered. After what Ascorbic told her regarding Saiyan and Idsarjin bonds, this seemed the most likely explanation.

"Bulma… make it look good," Krillen whispered.

"I understand, do what you have to do… I'll be okay…" she whispered.

"It's not YOU I'm worried about…" Krillen gulped.. Shaking in his boots he saw Vegeta's fist crackling blue as he raised his hand to blast.

"Let her GO! Or I'll slay you all!" Vegeta thundered. "You'll pay for this insult!"

"Oh, have I touched a nerve your Royal Highness?" Kumquat grinned.

"She is my property, you sorry piece of shit," Vegeta answered. "Surrender her now, and your death will be quick. The longer you hesitate the more agonizing and slow it will be…"

"Ensign, get ready to kill her! If you don't surrender, Prince Vegeta the woman dies!" Kumquat returned.

"Crap," Krillen gasped. "What do I do?"

"KILL HER!" Kumquat hollered. "Or I'll kill YOU!"

"Just throw me over the side… just do it!" Bulma whispered.

"But…" stammered Krillen.

"Do it," she hissed. Krillen grabbed Bulma by the front of her costume, and dangled her over the sky sled.

"Stop now and she lives… fail to heed me, and she dies…" Kumquat laughed.

"You'll all die for this," Vegeta laughed. He raised his hand over his head and shouted, "BIG BANG ATTACK!"

"Kill her!" yelled Kumquat, raising his hands.

Krillen threw Bulma over the side, shouting, "I'm sorry! Bulma forgive me! I hope this works!"

"NO!" Vegeta shouted. "DAMN YOU! BIG BANG ATTACK!"

Coruscating blue fire surged from his fingertips. At the same moment, Kumquat screamed, "Fireflash!"

Millions of little balls of ki fizzled, right near Vegeta's torrent of energy. Unfortunately whoever was caught in the way of it was instantly vaporized. Small bits of ki survived and whizzed around to slam against Vegeta. He angrily brushed them off, seeing the smoking crater that his power left. Kumquat laughed and appeared behind the prince, kicking him hard. Vegeta punched his gut and streaked off where Bulma was falling to hear death.  


Krillen watched in sick fascination as Bulma screams vanished. Vegeta shot past him, punching Krillen aside. While it wasn't more than a glancing blow, Krillen reeled all the same. He coughed up blood, leaning over the sky sled rail to see Vegeta's ki streak shoot behind as the Prince plunged after his woman. From Bulma's point of view the city scapes streaked up in a blurring tunnel. Tightly she squeezed her eyes shut, spreading out her body and praying her hunch was right.

"Woman!" Vegeta howled as he poured on more speed. At the sound of his voice she snapped open her eyes.

"Hurry up!" Bulma screamed arms and legs flailing. Vegeta suddenly appeared inches from her, reaching out his gloved hand to hers.

"Reach woman, reach!" he yelled. "If I catch you now I'll kill you with the impact!"

Bulma's fingers touched his, and Vegeta gripped her hand tightly. Pain that filled her stomach was suddenly relieved when Vegeta joined her in her free fall. Flaring out his KI, he bled off velocity slowly while matching her descent. Inches from impact, Vegeta swept her into his arms and sharply reversed his course skywards to a more reasonable altitude.

Bulma wept as her heart pounded. Clinging to him she sobbed against his shoulder, pressing her face into his dark upswept hair. With small noises he shushed her, gripping her tightly to his chest. Under her shaking knees and back Vegeta's gloved hands squeezed tightly enough to almost hurt. "Kame… I thought you were dead… I…"

"Shh, don't cry woman… I'll not let you fall," Vegeta hushed, gaining more altitude.

"Krillen didn't mean to… he…" Bulma told him.

"I know woman… he was stupid but your plan worked perfectly… are you hurt?" Vegeta demanded.

"You saved my life…" she whispered in awe as she blinked up at him.

"Why wouldn't I?" Vegeta snorted indignantly. "You take me for a fool?"

"You lunkhead!" she cried. Bulma hugged him around his neck, and reached out to bite the edge of his ear gently. He rumbled in pleasure as she clamped down but didn't break his skin. He regarded her with delighted surprise when she pulled back, blushing. "Was that right?"

"Yes but how… you…" he asked as she reached fingers into his hair and slowly groomed the stiff wiry spikes.

"Don't ask stupid questions," she answered, sobbing with relief. For an instant the thought of never seeing him again actually made her ache all over.

"Now's not the place for this, girl," he whispered. "Later… not that such gestures are not appreciated…"

Bulma pouted, "Spoilsport… but your friends… I mean allies…"

"Escaped. You and I must get off this rock… and before you ask, your friend is alive and well. He proved his case to that traitor…"

"I thought Kumquat was an ally… why did he..." Bulma asked, eyes wide.

"One guess… he had his price just like everyone else does. You see now why I trust nobody… well ALMOST nobody," said Vegeta, glowering in rage. Dark eyes turned black and hard as coal as he gnashed his teeth.

She shivered at the implication in his words. Did that mean she was the only being he truly trusted? Her heart leapt in joy. He then tensed, holding Bulma even more tightly. She whispered, "What's wrong Geta-chan?"

"He's here… somewhere… the coward…" Vegeta breathed, increasing his speed. "I can sense his ki like a searchlight but he's taunting me…"

"Who?" asked Bulma.

"The head man himself… apparently he must have decided to take matters into his own hands. All the better because I'm in the mood to pummel someone… and since Baldie's off limits…" Vegeta snickered.

"Oh shit, are you going to use one of those blasts again?" Bulma shivered. "That Gattling gun?"

"It's Gallic Gun, woman. Just hold on and let me handle this…" Vegeta explained. "The others are waiting for us…"

"But how can you let that off while holding me? Aren't I just slowing you down?" she trailed off.

"Do you think me so inept of protecting what's rightfully mine? Quiet woman!" Vegeta barked, holding Bulma in one arm. Spinning about, he raised the flat of his palm to extend far out. Bulma felt a surging electric tingle identical to what she'd experienced around him the night before. Except it was 100 times as intense, and she wondered why she wasn't fried to a crisp, because Vegeta's entire body glowed at that second.

"Kuso, does it ALWAYS feel this weird? I mean when you throw a blast?"

"Only an idiot like you would ask THAT question now!" Vegeta complained. All Bulma could do was shriek when Vegeta's free hand raised to intercept a huge fireball aimed point blank at them. Right before her eyes the energy hit his gloved hand, and she felt the intense heat for a second. Then the blast glanced off and deflected to hit one of the buildings far below. A strange thrill filled her at the adrenaline pounding in her system. Vegeta was enjoying this, and Bulma had to admit she enjoyed seeing those bastards pay.

"What's happening to me?" she whispered, feeling the bloodlust and desire for vengeance sweeping her away.  


"Now let's get the hell out of here," Vegeta barked. Bulma took it as a cue to hold tightly while Vegeta enveloped them in a blazing sphere of ki. Buildings streaked by at blinding speed as he flew them away far faster than Bulma thought he could ever travel. What happened next was unclear, but Bulma felt a sizzling heat at the same time that Vegeta snarled in pain. He almost let go of her as he tensed. She gasped to see his armor singed by a smoking dent.

"What the hell…" Bulma screamed. "Geta-chan you're hurt!"

"Try this you fool!" Vegeta yelled, turning about face and hurling a sphere of ki towards the empty air. Zipping in and out, Kumquat appeared right before them, and punched Vegeta in the jaw. He grabbed Bulma from the Prince's arms. Before Vegeta could think, an energy blast slammed into him again, but it was not from Kumquat.

"OWW!" Bulma screamed, hugging her chest.

"Stop squirming, female! You shouldn't be the one screaming…" he laughed, swinging her onto his shoulder.

"LET ME GO! VEGETA!" she screamed, as she heard his angry shout. A huge explosion erupted out of nowhere after a laughing boomed in its midst. Pain wracked her whole being, almost more than she could stand.

"Let her GO!" Vegeta roared.

"Help me Vegeta… don't stop, just blow them up!" she screamed, fighting against the grip.

Arms spanned wide, Vegeta shot up like a rocket. Till he was only a small silhouette, he vanished. Bulma blinked at the sight of blue fire twinkling like a newborn star. Through Radditz scouter she saw Vegeta's battle power climb from 14000 to nearly triple that strength, and then it topped off at 50,000 from somewhere nearby.

"GALLIC GUN FIRE!" Bulma's eyes flickered upwards to see Vegeta's figure hovering high above. He screamed loudly, blue energy crackling and raising in battle power. Radditz's scouter crackled with a cool 5000 that escalated to 10000, then jumped by five.

"That fool…" gasped Kumquat. But Bulma realized he wasn't' aiming at them, but somewhere else when a massive beam sizzled from where the Prince hovered. Narrowly it avoided Kumquat's shocked expression, to push against a glowing sphere of red power.

"Seismic WAVE!" the voice inside the sphere taunted. Bulma squealed as Vegeta's energy beam pushed harder and harder. Ribbons of energy peeled off, pushing against the Gallic Gun blast.

"Yes milord, I'll hit him from behind," said Kumquat. "I know his power level's high…"

"What are you…" Bulma asked, then realized that the ki around her was surging hot. Kumquat was gathering energy for another attack, and he was aiming it skywards to Vegeta. Bulma beat his chest and back, screaming loudly so his aim was diverted. The Gallic Gun blast pushed its target into a rooftop below. Bulma saw from where she was that a large heavyset being was slowly pulling himself out of the smoking crater.

"Meteor shower," Kumquat shouted, raising his hand. He snarled as Bulma clawed at his face with her fingernails.

"Bastard!" she screamed. "You leave him ALONE!"

"ENOUGH!" Kumquat growled. He got his attack off while the figure below levitated out of the pit, and was blocked from Vegeta's advance by dozens of streaking bolts of ki. Bulma could see where the name of the attack originated because it rained like deadly comets against her Prince.

"Seismic shock!" the new opponent boomed. A wide swath of blazing red punched out from his fists, slamming Vegeta full force. Bulma screamed as she saw Vegeta's crossed arms struggling to block it. Grunting, he was thrust into the side of the nearest building with a huge smashing crunch. Dust flew up around them blocking her view.

"VEGETA!" Bulma screamed. "What did you do to him you BAKAYAROU?"

"Meet Lord Bok Choi, you little nuisance," said Kumquat as he flew towards the massive armored figure. Landing before him on the rooftop near the crater, he threw Bulma off his shoulder.

"Ouch! Lay off!" She landed with a thud on hard pavement. Rolling over a few times, she felt someone kicking her in the side. Bulma whimpered, glancing up into the saurian dictator's leering face. He reached down to touch her, but Bulma kicked his hand sharply. "Get your hands OFF ME!" she shrieked.

"Ahh, so THIS is the reason for that monkey's rage?" asked Bok Choi himself. Who else could it be?

"You… what did you do to him?" Bulma gasped.

"Hmm, you're a spirited little thing. I can see why he favors you… how fiercely you protect him. I think it's more than mere sex that makes him fight so hard. I've never known him to care about another being…" Bok Choi leered. "What exactly DO you do? If you tell me…"

"Mind your own BUSINESS, you big tub of lard!" Bulma snapped.

"I wouldn't worry about him. He's part of the building now. Not even a Saiyan Elite could survive that blast. But I'd worry more about YOU… you cost me a lot of trouble, bitch. Something must be very special about you if he risked his miserable neck to save you…" Bok Choi leered.

"He belongs to the traitor Prince," said Kumquat, folding his arms across his chest. "I've all the evidence I need."

"Vegeta?" Bulma gasped. "You can't possibly destroy him with that puny attack?"

"Oh?" Bok Choi laughed. She blinked to see his ki level at 100,000. Horror filled her when he snapped his fingers and two people brought a hunched over shape between them. White armor was cracked and splitting in a dozen places and his blue bodysuit was torn and tattered. Bok Choi walked over and snapped his fingers again. With contemptuous ease the red suited elite threw the Prince down before them.

"Oh no…" Bulma gasped, rushing over and reaching down to tend to him. Face down, her Prince was barely rasping his breath inside and out. She pressed fingers to his neck, feeling a weak pulse that grew threadier by the second. Ribs must be cracked because each breath wheezed on its way in. She hadn't seen him so badly mangled since the GR exploded six months ago.

"Your Prince is all but dead. Take a good look, for it's the last you'll see…" Bok Choi taunted.

"Vegeta… please…" she whimpered, turning him over and cradling his head and shoulders on her knees. He did not open his eyes to look at her. Only his rasping breaths told her he was still alive. On her scouter his battle power had dropped to a minimal 100, a pitiful level for her Saiyan.

"Why not kill them now milord?" Kumquat asked.

"Because I'm enjoying seeing this pitiful weakling thinking she can nurse him to life. Well, bitch, you enjoy your last few hours with your monkey mate. I have the ability to save him, but unless you tell me WHY you've come here and defied me, I'll withhold it. Or else I can leave it up to FATE and watch you see him die slowly and painfully…"

"Vegeta, please… speak to me… open your eyes…" she urged.

"Don't give up, woman," Vegeta whispered weakly. "Whatever you do, he'll not let you out alive…"

"I know… I know," she sniffled. "Just shut up and save your energy…"

"I'll be fine… whatever you do, don't believe anything they tell you. If he tries to make any deals… I just need time to… recover…" Vegeta whispered.

"I'll help you up… can you at least…"

"Don't let them carry me, woman… I have my pride… only you…" he gurgled.

"Take them," said Bok Choi.

"Get away! WE don't need your help!" Bulma screamed at the advancing soldiers. Shoving her shoulder under Vegeta's armpit she hauled him to his feet. Groaning he leaned heavily on his woman, glancing at her with a meaningful smirk of pride.

"I do think you scared the piss out of him, woman," he laughed. Then he passed out, sagging in Bulma's arms. Yelping she half dragged him forwards.

"MOVE, slave!" Kumquat barked. "Get that carcass of his onto the sled, or we'll do it for you!"

"Don't you dare TOUCH him, you assholes!" Bulma screamed at them all. "I don't want your filthy hands on either of us!"

Kumquat blinked and shook his head while Bok Choi suppressed a booming laugh. "I see that she might be more fun to break after all…" he commented. "Let the little slave carry her master…"

"This way," Kumquat snapped, shoving Bulma from behind.

The kick propelled them both into an energy cage. Bars sizzled, and Bulma crawled to Vegeta's side. Glaring bloody murder at everyone, she dragged his head and shoulders onto her knees. She removed the cloak from around her shoulders to wrap around his body, and bit back her tears. Vegeta coughed. Blood dribbled down his chest, and Bulma wiped it away. He passed out mercifully on the rest of the ride. Not for the first time, Bulma wished Goku and the other Z fighters were here.