Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta Reborn, Nerima Style ❯ Before Ranma ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Vegeta Reborn, Nerima Style
Chapter 2 - BR - Before Ranma
Crossover Ranma 1/2 and Dragonball Z/GT
http://ranko.homelinux.net
Afroplex jwessels@cse.unl.edu

Disclaimer: I don't own the Dragonball series or Ranma 1/2 nor their respective characters. Please don't sue me, I'm but a poor citizen of the planet Earth.



Vegeta looked across the room at his twin brother. He was thinking over and over, *What the hell is going on?!* Ever since they had been able to physically crawl around, he had been having troubles getting around. Not that Ryoga and him couldn't get around fine, it was they could never pinpoint where they were at any time or get back to places they'd been to easily. One minute he would be beside a chair, crawl a few steps forward, and somewhere in the kitchen. Fortunately, Ryoga always seemed to be easy to find. *Must be something with us being twins.*

Ryoga was currently batting around some blocks. Picking one up, he tossed it into the air with ease, but one came down on his head. Although he was uninjured, he started to cry. All Vegeta could manage was the typical baby's laugh, earning him an 'Awwww isn't that cute.' from his mother. Mom went over to Ryoga and started bouncing him on her knee, which instantly calmed him down and he was laughing.

Vegeta was starting to feel left out, and crawled up to her leg and gave it a hearty bump. "Now now, I'm not forgetting you either Vegeta-kun." Putting down Ryoga beside Vegeta, she pulled out a big ball - big from Vegeta's perspective anyway. It was about his size. Rolling it softly toward them, he caught on quickly. Batting it away, it rolled toward Ryoga. Ryoga looked at it in confusion, and then immitated his brother's move and bumped it back.

The 'duel' went on for another half hour till Vegeta heard his father's voice. Yasa looked up to see him sit down, and lay a huge pack down. What surprised Vegeta the most was when he saw his father break down in tears.

His mother went over and started to comfort the poor man, "Dear, please don't cry. We'll get by." The tears continued to fall.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know what else to do. I've seen every doctor in Japan and they can't find an explaination for my condition. What's worse, is our son's now have the condition." He hugged his wife and sobbed into her shoulder, "Why do we have this.... this curse!" The man clenched his fist. "All I want to do is be with my family, but now I barely have the ability to provide for you and keep a job."

Vegeta felt this primal need to cry at the man's outburst, but kept quiet. Ryoga however let it out. Their father picked up both this sons in his strong, suntanned arms. "My sons, I'm sorry to have given you this curse. I love you so very much." Kissing both their heads. "Ever since my family can remember, we have always been forever lost in the world. Even going through this house can be an adventure."

The situation was made clear instantly. Lifting a small hand up to his father's face, he patted it in understanding. That earned him a huge smile and a laugh. "Thank you son. Sometimes I feel you understand me perfectly. You and Ryoga make me so proud."

Vegeta was now learning the art of writing the Japanese characters. It wasn't the funnest thing to do, and for someone in first grade, it was the most boring thing to do. Ryoga was beside him, and was equally frustrated.

The bell rang, and the two of them turned toward each other grinning. "Recess!" Jumping out of their seats, they ran for the door purposely ignoring the teachers protests.

During those few times their father was home, the twin brothers would watch with fascination the katas their father would perform in the yard. During his life as the Saiyjin Prince Vegeta, power was emphasized more than technique. Even Goku had strived for more power than trying to more effectively use that power, or redirecting the opponent's power against them. Granted, the Hibiki family martial arts were heavily based in using superior strength, it didn't neglect the other aspect of using the mind and strategy.

During recess, the two brothers would have playful matches. Vegeta would try a move, and Ryoga would try to block. If it got through, they would switch. Already, they could take some punishment to their bodies compared to others in their grade. Another important part the brothers took pride in was keeping recess under order. No fighting, or bullying took place. Vegeta would dispatch the problems first, sometimes by talking it out. However when his pride was under attack or he was in a particularly bad mood, he let loose with fists. Ryoga would be right beside him. During those scuffles, the teachers had a hard time separating the youths if the bullies hadn't already turned tail and ran.

Ryoga and Vegeta were transfered to an all boy school this year. They were ten, and nervous. More importantly, they had to walk to school.

"Hey Vegeta, know where we are going?" Ryoga asked, nervously readjusting his pack's shoulder straps.

Vegetaturned the map, "Uhm...I think." The map didn't seem to work out no matter which way he turned it. One moment he had a landmark pinpointed, and the next when he looked up it was gone. Throwing his hands up, "I give up." Tossing the map to Ryoga, "Here, you try."

Ryoga knew it would be futile. Vegeta had more patience than he did, but they were both equally challenged in trying to get anywhere. "Alright, how about we ask for directions?" They continued for a while till they came across a store. Going in, they were lucky the counter was right inside the door. "Mister?"

The old man piered over at the customers, "Yes, way may I help you with?"

Ryoga rubbed his index fingers together, "Would you know the way to school?"

The old man smiled, "Sure, which one?"

Ryoga leaned over to Vegeta, "Say, what's the name of the school?"

"How should I know, mom never told us. She just marked it out on the map." Snapping his fingers, snatched the map from Ryoga. Pushing it over the counter, "It is marked on the map. We don't know where we are right now though."

Adjusting his bifocals, the store keeper examined it. "Hmmm.... lets see... my goodness! You two came all this way! Why, this is on the other side of town!"

Two loud groans were heard over the counter. Ryoga bopped Vegeta on the head, "I told ya we should have taken that turn at the stop light!"

"Hey, its not my fault! Besides, we probably would have ended up in China with our luck. Not that I want to go there anyhow."

The store keeper chuckled and turned toward the rear of the store, "Hey! Masa! Get your rear up here!"

A stringy teenager came up, "Ya? What ya need now old man?"

"I need you to take the delivery car and drive these two young men to school," the keeper tossed the folded map over. "Its marked on the map. Now get a move on, they are already probably late as it is."

A few minutes later, they walked in to the classroom escorted by Masa. Before they went in, both boys bowed to Masa and thanked him.

"Ready Ryoga?"

"Ya, ready for anything!"

Opening the door, the whole class turned to see the new arrivals. As Ryoga stepped in, someone jumped over him but still bumped him over. Vegeta picked his brother up and frowned at the youth that had rudely plowed through. He had black hair tied in a braided pigtail and dressed in the standard dress code uniform for the school.

The instructor caught the young man by the shoulder, "Now hold on, why were you late Saotome."

"I had some training with my pops, sorry bout that," Ranma waved off. "I'll try to make it here sooner."

The mention of training perked up both Vegeta's and Ryoga's ears.

The instructor then turned toward the two brothers, "Ah, you must be the two new students. Vegeta Hibiki and Ryoga Hibki correct?"

They knodded.

"Good, but please try to be on time in the future... unlike Saotome."

"Hey! I said I was sorry!" Ranma protested.

The instructor turned, "That's enough of that, Ranma, stand in the hall!"

Ranma grudgingly stood up, grumbling about ugly old men that shouldn't be teaching anything younger than four centuries. As the door closed, Vegeta and Ryoga sat down and faced the front - both grinning with anticipation. If Vegeta's hunch was right, he would finally have someone to try his skills on other than his brother.