Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Serena and Trunks 4 ❯ The Doom Tree ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Doom Tree
 
I do not own DBZ or SM
 
Everyone was getting nervous. The enemy's attacks were getting more frequent. "What could they want with all that energy?" Trunks asked as everyone was sitting around Capsule Corp. trying to come up with a plan. "They're trying to tire me out so they can take over the world," Serena said putting her head on the table. She was dead tired. She hadn't slept properly in two weeks. Everyone sighed and rolled their eyes at her. "I have a bad feeling that Serena may have been right," Ami said, "Anne, and her brother Alan, haven't been in school for three days, and they arrived just as the attacks started and we were revived." "Do you really think they might be the new enemy?" Krillin asked. "It's hard to be sure, but there sure is a lot of evidence pointing at them," Ami responded. "Anne so has to be the new enemy!" Serena yelled shooting up. "You just don't like her because she has a big crush on Trunks," Rei replied. "She can't have him!" Serena yelled. "Serena, you're so spoiled," Rei yelled. The two girls began bickering. Serena screamed and stomped out of the house dragging Luna with her. "Trunks, you better follow her," Gohan said. Trunks nodded and followed his angry little blonde girlfriend.
 
"Serena, you're being way too jealous," Trunks told her. "Trunks, is right Serena," Luna told her. "No I'm not," Serena whined. "Yes you are. You know I love you," Trunks pleaded with her. "Really?" she questioned him. "Really," he said and kissed her. Luna smiled at them. "Hey you know what would make me feel better?" Serena asked him. "Ice-cream?" he asked smiling. "Well yeah, but I saw a poster for a Sailor Moon live action show. Can we go?" she tugged on his arm. Luna yelled at her for not being focused on the enemy. Trunks sighed and consented to go to the show. When they got there they found Molly and Melvin in the middle of the crowd. "Wow everyone really loves Sailor Moon," Serena squealed happily. "Of course they do everyone wants to believe in someone to save them," Molly said to her. "Hey what's that?" Melvin said pointing to the sky, "Some kind of weird blimp?" Serena, Trunks, and Luna tensed; they knew it was an enemy. The monster sent rose petals on the crown and absorbed people's energy. They were all zapped and the enemy retreated quickly. "They're getting smarter," Trunks grunted getting up, "They zapped a little and ran before the Sailor Scouts could arrive."
 
The next day Serena volunteered to bring Anne her work so she wouldn't fall behind. Trunks looked at her accusingly. "What?" she asked. "You sure are being nice," he said. "Well…um…I…um…want to help…bye," she rambled and ran off. He sighed and went home to tell everyone she was putting her nose where it didn't belong, again.
 
Serena arrived at the apartment Anne and Alan were supposed to be at and rang the bell. Alan opened the door and was surprised to see her. Much to Anne's protests he invited her in and in she went. Alan ran into the kitchen to make tea. "So are you two feeling alright?" Serena asked Anne. "So is that why you came snooping around!" Anne snapped. "So where are your parents?" Serena asked ignoring Anne's attitude. "Who asked you to but in!" Anne snapped again. Serena walked to a door. "Whoa cool you have an elevator in your apartment. Where does it lead?" Serena asked pushing the button. The doors started to open and both Anne and Alan ran to close the door. "Um…no…that's my room and it's a big mess," Alan told Serena. "Oh I'll help you clean it if you like," Serena offered. "Look Serena, no one invited you here so beat it!" Anne yelled. Serena gave Anne her books and left.
 
The next morning Chichi went to attempt to wake her daughter up but found her bed empty. "Where is she?" she wondered.
 
Serena was at Anne and Alan's apartment again. She rang the bell and Anne answered the door. "Hey ready for school?" Serena asked cheerfully. "What are you doing back here bothering us again," Anne snapped. "Oh it's no bother I just wanted to make sure you got to school on time," Serena replied keeping her cheerfulness up, although it was hard with Anne being so mean. "Oh Serena you're brave to venture back here," Alan said coming up to the door, "How about some hot coca?" "Sure I never turn down chocolate," Serena said pushing Anne away and walking in. Anne and Alan both went into the kitchen and Serena went straight to the elevator type doors. Calm down Serena curiosity killed the cat. She thought to herself. "But you're not a cat so go for it," she said out loud to herself. She pressed the button and the doors slid open. "It's just dark and empty," she said sadly. A bright light suddenly filled the room and tree roots attacked her. Serena screamed and Anne and Alan ran to help her and closed the door to the room. "What is in there," Serena panted on the floor. "Oh…um…just a science project," Alan said, "It's a new science called space-botany." "Barging into someone's private room is very rude," Anne snapped. "Um, yeah, sorry Alan," Serena apologized. "Now I'm not going to school today so you might as well leave," Anne snapped. "Okay, bye," Serena said and left. Then she ran all the way to school. She had to tell Trunks and the girls what had happened.
 
"What do you mean you went there this morning?" Trunks asked her. "Listen," Serena pleaded and told him about the tree and Alan's "space-botany." "That is very strange," Ami said, "There's no such course at the school." "I don't think it's good idea for you to go there by yourself anymore," Lita said. Serena sulked but did as they asked and didn't go back to Anne and Alan's apartment. She, Trunks and everyone went to her house for more "planning". Serena felt so tired. When she got home and sat down her mother freaked out. "Serena, what's that in your hair?" Chichi yelled hitting something off her daughter's head. What looked like a very small twig fell on the table. They looked at it and it began twitching. The girls screamed. "Serena, how do you feel?" Goku asked her. "Tired, why?" She responded. "I think this thing has been draining your energy all day," her father told her. "Ew!" Serena screamed and started crying throwing herself into Trunks' arms. "Serena, get a hold of yourself," Rei snapped. "We need to analyze this right away," Mina said peering over it. "Don't get to close," Gohan warned her. The thing jumped up and struck Mina in the face. The girls screamed again, and Vegeta had to pry the twig off. "What is that?" Mina asked shakily. "It's defiantly from the Negaverse," Artemis told them. "Ha! So Anne is the enemy!" Serena yelled jumping up. "Yes, it would appear so," Luna said. Everyone started collaborating to make a plan to infiltrate Anne and Alan's apartment. Trunks I know how we can get in there. Serena thought to him. How? He thought back. Come on. She thought sliding off his lap, grabbing Luna, and walking out the door without anyone realizing it. Trunks sighed and followed. They walked right up to Anne and Allan's apartment door. Serena rang the bell and Anne answered. This time though she was a whole lot nicer. "Oh Serena, why don't you and Trunks come in. We have a whole lot of goodies I'm sure you'll love," Anne said. Serena gave Trunks a disgusted look and they went in. Serena stuffed her face with sweets while Luna glared at her, but Trunks was too nervous to eat much. "Hey Alan why don't you take Trunks to see the view and let Serena and I have a little girl chat time," Anne said. Trunks and Alan went outside on the balcony. "Oh Serena, now that we're alone I can show you," Anne said. "Show me what?" Serena asked. "Alan's space plant," Oh right, the tree. Do I really want to leave all these deserts to see it? Serena thought to herself. "To tell you the truth I'm scared stiff of that thing," Anne said, "But I'm sure I could be brave if you were with me." Anne dragged Serena over to the door, opened the door, and pushed Serena into the room. Serena dropped Luna and fell on the floor. "Four-face, drain all the energy out of this girl," Anne commanded. The monster from the week before attacked Serena and started draining her energy. "Enough!" an angry voice yelled and the giant tree in the room seemed to come to life. Its roots moved freely and knocked Serena from the enemy's grip, and caused her to be grabbed by the roots. Trunks and Alan ran back into the apartment and saw Serena in the tree's grasp. "This wasn't supposed to happen," Anne said looking slightly frazzled. The tree destroyed the apartment and its roots completely took over the building. Trunks flew to try to free Serena but the tree's roots grabbed him also. Luna ran out of the apartment to get the others to help.
 
Trunks and Serena tried to grab each other's hands while the tree lifted them into the air draining their energy. "Try," Trunks encouraged Serena exasperated as the tree drained his energy. "I am trying," she grunted extending her hand. Their hands touched. Anne and Alan, who had transformed into the pink and blue aliens, and Alan kicked their hands causing them to beak contact. Anne and Alan then starting fighting over who the Doom Tree should drain of all energy first. Anne claimed Alan was to obsessed with Serena, and Alan insisted that Anne was only worried about Trunks and no one else. The Doom Tree began draining both of their energies very fast. Both of them screamed. Anne rushed to Trunks' side and Alan to Serena. They commanded to Doom Tree to left them go and the tree attacked them. The tree let Serena and Trunks go but they were to weak to do anything and began to fall. Anne caught Trunks and Alan caught Serena. "Let them go Negatrash!" the sailor scouts yelled being lifted onto the roof by the Z warriors. "Serena, are you okay?" Sailor Mercury asked. "Not really," Serena grumbled. "Sailor Saps," Alan and Anne sneered. The scouts used there attacks but nothing worked. "You're on our turf now Sailor Failures," they laughed. They used their power to harm the Sailor Scouts. "That's it now I'm steamed!" Serena said swaying as she stood up. "Moon Crystal Power!" she yelled waving her hand over the silver crystal in her new broach. She transformed into Sailor Moon with a burst of new energy. "So Serena's Sailor Moon no wonder she's such a klutz," Anne sneered. "So you think I'm a klutz?" Sailor Moon asked, "Well this klutz is teaching you a lesson. I stand behind my friends and furballs." "Where does she come up with this stuff," Luna sighed. "I Sailor Moon, the champion of love and justice, shall punish you on behalf of the moon!" Sailor Moon concluded her speech. Anne and Alan continued to bicker and Sailor Moon ran to Trunks' side. "Trunks can you here me?" she whispered. She let some of her energy flow to him and he opened his eyes. "Sailor Moon?" he asked. "Yes," she said, "Oh I'm so happy you're okay." She put his hand to her face and closed her eyes. "What's going on?" he asked. "Don't worry I promise I'll fight to protect you and everyone. Just as you all have always done for me. I'll fight to protect our kingdom," Sailor Moon said with tears in her eyes. "If I can't have him no one can!" Anne yelled and sent a dark energy blast at them and knocked them back. Sailor Moon got up and ran in front of Trunks to protect him from the evil energy blasts Anne kept sending. "Renounce your love for Trunks and I might spare you," Anne said. "She won't. She's brave. Braver than I thought. She'll never abandon him," Alan said. "You don't know what bravery is! Or love! All you know is evil and hatred!" Sailor Moon yelled. "Doom Tree since they refuse to separate go a head and drain all their energy," Alan commanded the tree. Sailor Moon tried to use her moon scepter but Anne knocked her away with dark energy. Anne kept blasting them and Trunks got up and stood in front of Sailor Moon to protect her. "No!" she screamed and he yelled in pain from Anne's attacks. He fell down and she held him and started crying. "Trunks, we'll still have each other no matter what happens to us," she cried holding him. "I've never seen someone so sad. Maybe it's wrong to destroy this 'love'," Alan said. "You're weak Alan!" Anne yelled. The tree came to life again and attacked Alan. Anne stepped in front of him to stop the tree, and the roots pierced her heart. Alan held her and she fell unconscious. The tree readied itself to strike Alan. Sailor Moon screamed, "No! Stop this!" "You think so Sailor Moon?" a voice said. "Is…Is that the tree?" she asked confused. A light emanated from the tree.
 
"Now where are we?" Sailor Moon asked looking around to see nothing. "I think we're in the mind of the tree," Alan said. "Yes, I have brought you all here to tell you my story," the tree said, "Long ago there was me and an ocean. I lived alone for eons without anyone to talk to, so I decided to change all that." They all saw in the tree's memory little children being born from leaves from the tree. "I remember!" Alan gasped, "We were born from the Doom Tree!" "Back then I was known as the tree of life," the tree continued, "I lived happily with my children at peace. Until one day dark forces entered our world and turned some of them against me. They fought for my energy and ended up destroying themselves." The scene changed from light to darkness and evil creatures appeared. They fought and destroyed the planet. The Doom Tree, slowly withering, drifted in space with Anne and Alan. "I left our planet with the few survivors and we searched for a new home; however, none of the planets we visited had the energy we need to sustain life. Soon only you an Anne were left. Poor little children all alone with no real knowledge of love only hatred and power. I wanted to teach you, but by then I was to weak to speak anymore," the tree told them.
 
"So they stole energy to try to save you," Sailor Moon pondered. "Yes," the tree told her, "But I need love to flourish." "We failed," Alan whispered hanging his head. "No, Alan," the tree assured him, "You did not fail. You were failed. No one should have to grow up without knowing love or friendship as you did. I am deeply sorry, but as you've learned people learn and can change just as you have. Now I know I won't have lived in vain." "Love," Alan choked on the words looking at Anne in his arms and tears flooded his eyes. Sailor Moon watched him and hugged Trunks closer to her. "Sailor Moon a favour?" "What is it?" she asked. "Rid me of all this negative energy I've been poisoned with," the tree beseeched her. "Of course," Sailor Moon agreed and stood up. She held out her hand and called her moon scepter. It appeared in her hand and she waved it around. "Moon Scepter Elimination!" she yelled pointed the scepter at the tree. "I Am Free!" the tree yelled in a flash of light, and it was gone. "Oh no! Did I kill it?" Sailor Moon asked upset. Anne fluttered her eyes open. "Anne," Alan gasped and hugged her tight. "Oh Alan I would never leave you," she said. "Look! The tree!" Goku yelled pointing at a shot that had appeared. "Look Alan we can have another chance to do it right," Anne said taking the shot in her hands. "To build a place of our own filled with light and love," Alan told her and the two disappeared. "Sailor Moon, why are you crying?" Trunks asked. "Everything's so perfect," she cried, "I think they're gonna make it." "What about us?" Trunks whispered in her ear. She felt herself shiver and melt in his arms as they kissed. "What About You!?" the Sailor Scouts yelled in unison, "Inquiring Minds Want To Know!" "What? Omigod you guys back off!" Sailor Moon shrieked and jerked her head back blushing. "Why? Are you two planning a wedding yet?" Sailor Mars snickered. "Mars!" Sailor Moon yelled. Trunks was now blushing and trying to hold his superhero girlfriend back without much luck while the others laughed. Sailor Moon broke Trunks' grasp on her and hurled herself at Sailor Mars. Sailor Mars moved out of the way and Sailor Moon ran right off the building. She screamed as she fell and Trunks had to go save her. "Can we just go home now?" she implored exasperated throwing her hands in the air. Trunks laughed, "Of course, anything you want. You did just save the world you know?" Trunks teased her flying to her house. "Yea well it's a one time deal," she sighed and detransformed, "Saving the world is so overrated."