Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ 'Simply delicious!' ❯ Partings and meetings! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter one

Disclaimer- I don't own it! Well here's the first chapter!

She gazed flicking through the magazine as she placed it on the table, where she was neatly placed. Every so often she would let a small sigh escape her and sip her coffee as she sat at the table in the back of a small humble coffee shop she knew well. She propped her head in one hand resting hr elbow on the table. Frequently she would look to her right fist and rub her sore bleeding knuckles and remember the conflict her and her brother had earlier that same day.

"I'm sorry princess, I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow, I'll come by your house okay?"

"Sure."

She replied to her boyfriend. Well, that's what he thought anyway. She didn't even love him. To be totally honest, she was using him. She wanted her forbidden lover to be jealous. And she wanted him to be driven to her by envy. It was harsh but that's the way she is, and she liked it like that. But sometimes she wished there was an easier way to get a semi-saiyan's attention. As he started to move away, she blurted.

"Aren't you going to kiss me goodbye?" She remarked with first a Vegeta smirk upon her face, which changed to sorrow after he had spoken.

"You'd know I'd love to baby…" As he spoke he applicated one finger on her face and rubbed her cheek softly.

"But your brother and his sidekick are sitting right behind us." Her expression quickly switched to rage as she peered behind him. Only to see her pestering older brother sat sinisterly staring in her direction, with Goten located near him looking on in disgust. Inside she smiled warmly when she saw Goten with an expression of hatred for the guy she was with on his face, her plan was working. She glanced at her brother, who caught her death glare and sat in an upright position. She turned back to her boyfriend, who was waiting for a reply and she then whispered.

"You'd better go." He walked away from her slowly at first then began to sprint to the left exit of the mall as their hands broke contact. She then began to walk towards the front exit as Trunks and Goten hurried after her as she sped up.

"Bra…Wait?" Trunks panted.

"Listen!" "NO! Trunks you listen! Why do you have to follow me all the time? Why are you always breathing down the back of my neck? Have you got nothing better to do? Why do you always scare my boyfriends off? Why can't you just leave me alone and let me get on with my own life?" Bra yelled at him.

"Trunks, leave it. Trunks, just let it go!" Goten requested grabbing his arm and trying to encourage him to back off.

"No, I won't!" Trunks implied as he set off after Bra again, while Goten stayed way out of this brotherly and sisterly spat. Bra almost in tears, looked back to see her love once again being left behind. As Trunks caught up with her, he grabbed her arm and said.

"Bra listen I…" Bra stopped spun round and screamed.

"What Trunks? What do you have to say? I'm listening." Trunks replied by looking down and letting go of her arm and whispered.

"It's just I…" "Just as I thought, got nothing to say." Bra spat out as she began to turn around to run out the front exit.

"NO! Wait Bra! Don't go-" Trunks uttered as he grabbed her by the arm once again and tried to turn her around. But Bra twisted round first and striked Trunks right in the left side of his face, with her right fist. This knocked the unsuspecting demi-saiyan on to the floor. Trunks struggled to stand upright as he rubbed his left cheek and watched Bra run towards the door as he pulled himself off the floor. He turned around and started to storm off in Goten's direction. Goten trying so hard to contain his laughter, he smirked at Trunks as he drew closer. As Trunks came parallel to Goten he stopped took his hand from his bleeding, red cheek and pointed one finger at Goten. And whispered loudly trying to keep his temper towards him.

"You say one fucking word or give off one fucking giggle and I'll punch your fucking face in. Got it." Goten nodded sheepishly as he watched Trunks storm off out the left exit, to where he saw Bra leave. She was still there. Close to tears and observing him, she smiled, he waved as he spotted her. Then he ran after his seriously pissed off best friend.

She sipped her coffee again as she knew that one-way or another she would have to stand up to her brother. And for once she was glad she did. She turned the page of her magazine as a young lady approached her table and stood near her.

"Do you mind if I sit here? I mean are you waiting for anyone?" The young lady with shoulder length orange hair stood beside her. She was wearing a short blue skirt with a tight light blue blouse and boots.

"It's a bit crowded in here today?"

"Yeah, just a tad." Bra said without looking up but continuing to concentrate on her magazine article.

"So…Any one sitting there?"

"Oh yeah! I mean no. Sure, go ahead sit down. I don't mind." Bra answered.

"Thanks." The young lady said politely as she sat down and placed her coffee on the table as she began to read her magazine.

"What you reading?" Bra questioned as she peered over to the woman with strait orange hair.

"Well, you know the usual girly fashion mag crap."

"Really, me too! Some of it though is just so tacky or too sluttish!"

"I definitely agree!" An awkward silence fell upon the two.

"You alright?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, your hand it's bleeding."

"Oh, that! It's nothing."

"You know you seem strangely familiar to me. Its as if I know you some how?"

"Yeah, me too. Are you sure you I don't know you?"

"I got it! Bra Briefs right?"

"Yeah, but how did you know my name?"

"West city high school right?"

"Yeah…" Bra looked harder at the girl's face and trying to make out who it was, then she noticed a small dark scar on the girl's neck.

"Bliss!! Oh my gosh! Bliss is that you!" Bra screamed as the two girls broke out in to girlish giggles at the back of the coffee shop.

"Wow! I can't believe it's really you! Where have you been? What have you been up to since you left school? There are so many things I want to tell you!" Bra gasped trying to contain her excitement.

"Not much the usual. What about you?"

"Well, I work at Capsule Corporation now and its just mainly work on the computer and stuff like that."

"Well at the moment I'm working as an assistant meteorologist at the ZTV network."

"Wow! Sounds fancy!"

"Its not that great but it pays well, and the hours are okay I guess. So… You got a boyfriend at the moment?"

"Kinda." Bra replied sheepishly with a small blush growing across her face, while looking down and gently rubbing her palm.

"I know that look. I may have not seen you in four years but I was your best friend for seven. There is someone isn't there?"

"Sorta."

"Come on Bra don't give me that bull, you know I don't like it when people do that!"

"Alright. Well I'm going out with a bloke at the moment and I don't really-"

"Like him, `cause you like another bloke and your just using the guy you're going out with to get with another guy you really like. Am I right?"

"Yeah, but how did you know?"

"I didn't but it's always the same thing with you Bra!" Bliss exclaimed as she took a long drink from her mug.

"Uh… I mean… Why even bother to ask?" Bra said totally stunned by what by what her long lost friend had just done to her.

"So what about you? You going out with anyone at the mo?"

"Nope. I'm young, wild, free and single! So what you up to tonight?"

"I'm not doing anything, why do you ask?"

"Wanna go clubbing? Knock back some booze and get totally pissed out of our heads? Sound good?"

"I'd love too, but I'm not legal yet and if my mother found out, I'd be doing her paper work for a month. Not to mention what would happen if my father found out!" Bra said as the expression on her face switched from joy to grief.

"What you up to now? I mean do you have to go back to work or what Bliss?"

"Nah, my work day finished ages ago. So…what you got planned?"

"Wanna go shopping?" Bra queried as a Vegeta smirk crawled across her face.

"I'm kinda low on cash at the mo." Bliss said disappointedly.

"Who said you were paying for anything? Come on lets go!" Bra declared as she ran out of the small shop. She haltered to a stop as she stood outside, waiting for her companion to come out. As Bliss opened the door she twisted round towards Bra and announced, "Fuck me!"

"What? …What! …Have I got something on my skirt or what? … What?" Bra said looking at herself in the shop window reflection.

"Bra Briefs…"

"A.. Yeah?"

"You have not changed one bit!"

"Well that's me same old Bra right. But I'm not sure I could say the same about you though!"

"Hey! So where are we off to?"

"West city mall, that okay with you Bliss?"

"Great!"

So the two reunited friends merrily strolled down to where Bra had had her conflict earlier that day. Only hoping that her brother or her secret lover had not returned to the scene of the crime.