Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ 'Till Death Do Us Part ❯ Return ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Hey, everyone!
Yes, this is it...
The epilogue!!

--- Long authors note, but please read ---

By request from a few friends of mine,
I am seriously considering adding a sequel
about Vegeta's secret, where he went, and all of those
little goodies that just nag at you and make you want to
kill me because I won't tell you! LOL!
So, tell me what you think!
Thank You!!

I want to thank all of my reviewers and everyone
<yes, Julia and Jessie, this is you>
who nagged me until I put up chapters.
I am absolutely NOTHING without
my reviewers and my friends!!

I am thinking about rewriting this whole story with
more detail, longer chapters, other things
happening to them, and stuff like that and deleting this version
of TDDUP. What do you think??

Read all of Jewelsunicorn's fics!
They aren't DBZ, but they are really greatly written.
Cherry_Saiya-jin's fics are all V/B for you fans!
I'm not a fan of yaoi, but I did my homework for you
who like those fics, because I realized I hadn't
put any plugs for them at all in my story! Sorry :*(
Try SoccerVegeta's fics for G/V pairing.

Have any of you seen "A Walk to Remember" ?
If you have, you'll know the song used in this 'chappie'! I thought it fit!
Thanks so much for reading my fic!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

--- End Authors Note ---

Till Death Do Us Part
Chappie title: Return

----------------------------------------------------------- -------

There's a song that's inside
Of my soul


"So, now you know, my little boy... He loved you. I wish you could have met him..."
"He said he'd come back, Mommy. Don'tcha believe him?" he asked, hopeful.
Bulma smiled sadly and looked out the window at the perfect sun setting. It reminded her of the sun on their wedding day, and she wondered if that somewhere, Vegeta was looking at the same star and thinking about her, too.

It's the one that I've tried
To write over and over again


"I miss him, Trunks. I'll always miss him; but I just think that if he was going to come, he would have."
"But, mommy! You've got to have faith. He'll come home to us!"
"I hope you're right Trunks..."

I'm awake in the infinite cold
But you sing to me over
And over and over again


She spent the night dreaming about him.
"Vegeta!!"
Bulma ran through the deserts of ice and snow, searching for him. She knew she had to find him. He was hurting... she couldn't let him suffer like that. After what seemed like hours of searching, she found him, landmarked by bloodstained snow.
"... you're my only hope...." Vegeta whispered in a song to her.
"Don't talk like that! I'll save you!"
She shot up in her bed and gasped for air.

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours, I pray
To be only yours

She knelt down and prayed to Kami and Dende that he would be okay, and that he would return to her once again. "Please keep your promise, Vegeta..."


The years flew by for Bulma and Trunks, both often thinking of Vegeta. Bulma always knew in her heart that he would come to her, but her mind told her different. Finally, Trunks was starting High School and on his first day, he hugged his mother and kissed her goodbye, something he hadn't done in awhile.

I know now
You're my only hope


"What's the occasion?" Bulma asked, pleasantly surprised.
He just smiled and said, "Love you, Mom," and left.
Bulma stepped carefully over the dew dropped grass with her bare feet. A soft breeze directed her to sit at the wooden gazebo by a patch of wildflowers bursting with purple, pink and yellow. The cloudless sky promised new hope for Bulma. The wind picked up and twisted her hair. The aqua haired beauty laid on the soft grass and fell asleep.

Sing to me the song of the stars
Of your galaxy dancing
And laughing and laughing again


When she woke, she forgot where she was and why she was there. Darkness surrounded her and the stars were burning brightly in the night. She got up and ran toward the house to see if Trunks was okay.
"Trunks?!"

No answer

"TRUNKS!!!"
"Mom?? Where were you?!"
She embraced her son as he came running into the living room. "I'm sorry. I was out by the gazebo and lost track of time."
"It's okay Mom. But I am STARVING!" She laughed and asked what he wanted.

When it feels like my dreams are so far
Sing to me of the plans
That you have for me over again


--- 3 Hours Later ---
""MMM! That was good, Mom!"
She smiled happily. "So, how was school?"
"Great. I like my teachers a lot. But my Geometry teacher is a pain! I have homework already."
"Eew! What's her name?"
"His name is Mr. Brase."
"Mr. Brase?! I had him when I was in school!"
"Really?? I thought he looked old!" Trunks said surprised.
"Hey, Trunks, watch it, or cleaning patrol has you name on it!" she joked with him.
"AAH! No!"
"Well, you get to sleep now, okay?"
"Night Mom!" and he sped off toward his room.

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours, I pray
To be only yours, I know now
You're my only hope


At about 2:30 AM, Bulma was out on her balcony, flipping through the faded photo album she'd shown Trunks long ago.
She ran her fingers over the picture of their kiss at the alter. She held it close and began to cry.
"Vegeta, come back to me!" she cried out to the sky,"I've waited so long for you! Please, come home..."

I give you my destiny
I'm giving you all of me
I want your symphony
Singing in all that I am

She heard a soft voice begin to hum through the night, like the wind soaring through the sky. The moon began to peek through the clouds, and the stars brightened in the ebony sky. She could almost feel Vegeta with her now.


At the top of my lungs
I'm giving it back

She was lifted into the sky by an unseen force. It sent her soaring gently into the heavens but she wasn't afraid; she knew she wouldn't be harmed. Bulma loved the feeling of soaring into the sky. She almost didn't ever want to come down.


So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours, I pray

Alas, despite her wishes, the force lowered her onto a cliff of green grass and lilacs, lilies and roses. A hand placed itself on her shoulder, and only one thing came into her mind as she spun to see it, and it would be forever locked in her heart.

To be only yours, I pray
To be only yours, I know now
You're my only hope


Yes, this is the end of TDDUP... please review and tell me what you think. I need feedback! After the countless hours spent on this, I need to know what you think. Thank you so much!