Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ 2 Girls, A Namek, And A Half Saiya-jin ❯ A New Ally ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Star ran as fast as she could. She knew the green being would be able to keep up with her, it was just a matter of how fast she herself could go. Keeping her own scent was hard enough as Star continued through the maze.

"ARRROOO!" Star howled. She knew the green being was confused at this seemingly random act, but in reality the large female wolf was calling upon the aid of a new friend.

~F~

Star growled at the pack of dogs that had caught up to her. They had almost attacked Josie and those two others before Star had taken out two of their kind. Now they were out for revenge. Star growled as they did, examining each one closely.

One of the dogs stepped forward and snarled at Star. The she-wolf was about to attack when, out of nowhere, came another dog. It was different from the others though, for instance it was blue in color and was fighting its own kind! Star watched in amazement as the dog she was about to face was torn to shreds by the newcomer.

The other dogs growled at this and leaped into battle. They were no match for the force of the blue dog and Star combined. The battle lasted but a few minutes before the other dogs lay dead. Who could this dog be? He didn't smell of blood thirst like the others…in fact, Star picked up the scent of remorse. His eyes were a peaceful gray, not at all like Josie's vivid yellow…

Josie! Star thought in alarm. The spell broke and the wolf rushed to where she had left the humans. The scent of blood reached her large nose and Star quickened her pace only to find Josie, barely alive.

"AAAARRRROOOO!" Star howled. She rushed to her friend quickly and saw the human's life was likely to end any second. There was nothing she could do…

*Move aside* a voice said gently. Star looked behind to see the blue dog walking up.

*Who are you?* Star growled. The gray eyes looked amused.

*Have no fear, I can help. I'm not like the others and if I was I most likely would have made an attempt on your life by now* he replied. Star sat there for a while before letting the blue dog help her friend.

*My name is Haruku* he said.

*Haruku…why aren't you like the others? They're so stupid they can't even communicate with the humans or other two legs. Not to mention they reek of blood* Star said.

*I'm a failed experiment. That's all you need to know*Haruku replied as he put a paw on Josie's wound.

*Don't attack me when I do this, because if you do the human will immediately die* Haruku warned. A light emanated from it and a scream of pain came from Josie's lips. Star was tempted to attack Haruku but she kept herself in check. When it was over the wound was sealed yet Josie was still unconscious and seemingly no better.

*This will only hold for a little bit, we need one of the two legs to help her now* Haruku murmured.

*Didn't you heal her?* Star asked.

*Not completely. I don't have time to explain, she still needs help! You go find your other friends and I'll make sure nothing attacks her* he replied.

*But-* Star started.

*Please wolf, trust me. I wont let harm come upon her but I cant do anything if she dies from the wound* Haruku said.

*…* Star hesitated before making a run for the `mountain'.

*My name is Star!* she howled and disappeared from Haruku's sight.

~F~

"Ark! Ark!" came the distant sound of barking, responding to the frequent howls.

"AAAARRRRRROOOOOOOO!" Star howled back, tempting Piccolo to clamp her jaws shut. Star and Piccolo finally exited the maze. Star smiled at Haruku while Piccolo stopped dead in his tracks.

A blue, fierce looking dog.

His paw on Josie's shoulder.

Crimson blood on his snout.

\ / \ /

"Gohan!" a voice said. A hand placed itself on the boy's shoulder, startling him beyond belief.

"EII!" Gohan shouted. He spun around so fast he just barely avoided dropping Cally.

"AHH!" Goku shouted and stumbled back a bit. Both just stood there for a few seconds, panting to catch their breath before Gohan spoke up.

"Dad?! You almost gave me a heart attack!" he said.

"Uh, sorry Gohan. I thought you knew I was here…" Goku said and smiled sheepishly. His hand moved to the back of his head on instinct.

"I can't feel any k-" Gohan stopped. The ki that had once been blocked from his sensors was now blatantly obvious causing a rather large sweatdrop appear on his head. Goku's eyes traveled to Gohan's arms as Cally moaned.

"Is that her?" Goku asked and moved closer.

"Gohan…" Cally muttered and opened her eyes slowly to see another face rather close to her own.

"YIPE!" she yelled, completely frightened and accidentally bumped her head on Goku's. Goku stumbled back a bit, startled for the second time in two minutes!

"Cally it's alright! That's just my dad!" Gohan said to the frightened girl. Cally stopped squirming and looked at Gohan.

"What is with you guys?" Goku pouted and rubbed his head.

"Don't do that to me! Yeesh, I'm too young to die of a heart attack!" Cally exclaimed and rubbed her sore head.

"Sorry" Goku apologized.

"How do you feel?" Gohan asked her in concern. Cally smiled as he set her back on her feet.

"I'm fine Gohan…thanks" she replied and gave him a peck on the cheek. A blush ran rampant around his face.

"A-HEM," Goku coughed, "We should get back to Piccolo…did you know he has a girlfriend?"

"Yes dad" Gohan grinned.

"Who would've thought? Well anyways, come here" Goku said cheerfully. Gohan pulled Cally to Goku and pretty soon the only one left in the room was Lowan, still unconscious.

\ / \ /

A low growl escaped from Piccolo's throat as he saw the dog. Haruku looked at him in confusion before remembering the blood on him. The large Namek rushed forward and began an assault to Star's frantic barking. She latched on to Piccolo's leg and clenched her jaws together, causing purple blood to seep out. He snarled and turned from his `prey'.

"Get off me you damn mutt!" Piccolo growled and raised a hand to hit the wolf away.

"Pi-Piccolo…" Josie muttered.

All at once, Piccolo forgot his rage, for the time being, and remembered why he was there in the first place.

"Josie!" he said and leaned next to her. There was no wound…but blood covered the ground.

*Are you alright?* Star asked Haruku as she arrived.

*I'm fine. The green two leg didn't get to do much* Haruku replied, *Now its up to him to save your friend.*

At this Star snorted, *Josie is doomed.*

"No…" Piccolo muttered in shock. Both animals turned their heads to see the green `two leg' searching frantically for a senzu.

And finding none.