Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ 2 Girls, A Namek, And A Half Saiya-jin ❯ Getting Closer To The End ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

He was a tall man with dark brown hair that appeared black at times. I used to run my fingers through it all the time, that was when everything was okay. That was before I gave myself to him.

"Why?!" I asked. Tears clouded my vision but I feared he would leave while I wiped them away.

"It's just better this way. I wasn't looking for such a long time relationship anyways, this was long enough for both of us" Kevin said. So emotionless, he was so blind not to see how much he was tearing my heart apart. Or else he just didn't care.

"You said you loved me! After all this time was it just a lie to get me into bed with you?! I love you!" I shouted.

"I don't feel the same" Kevin said coldly and picked up his bags.

"How can you just leave after all we've been through, after all this time?!" I broke down.

"Easily" Kevin said and walked out of the door, walked out of my life, and slammed the door shattering my heart into a million pieces.

"Joey?" a small voice asked.

"N-not now Cally. Go to your room. Please" I started sobbing uncontrollably at the last part. The ring in my hand was cutting against the skin but at the moment I didn't care. I probably would have noticed if someone had decapitated me, it would have been a welcome relief from the pain I was feeling in my heart.

Cally was silent as we drove to our new home, a new home where we could start a new life. I was excited about leaving the city behind, growing up in the woods had been wonderful and now I was wondering why I had ever left.

"You'll love it Cally, no more loud cars to burst your eardrums, no more rude kids, no more people. Just us and the animals" I smiled and looked over to her. Cally was looking out the window as I babbled on and I wondered if she has actually heard me.

"Cally? Look, I know it's hard to leave your fr-" I was cut off.

"I don't have any friends," she said quickly. I was quiet at that. Cally had been quite a loner at her young age of nine but I had thought she had had at least one friend. Shows how much I know, ne?

"Well maybe you'll make friends here. With the animals" I said. Cally turned her face to me with an incredulous look of `are you insane?'

"Don't look at me like that!" I laughed, "I'm actually serious."

"Whatever" Cally said and turned back to stare blankly at the passing trees.

**********

"AHHHH!!!!!" a loud scream reached my ears as I walked back to the house. I immediately recognized to whom it belonged, sending me into a panic.

"Cally!" I yelled and ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I had only left with the intention of coming right back but I had gotten distracted and was easily a couple of miles from the house. My muscles burned and my lungs pumped furiously to conserve what little air I had left but still I ran through the trees and bush ignoring the pain and focusing only on my goal.

"Cally" I gasped and jumped between her and a large wolf. Cally shivered as the wolf growled. I caught my breath quickly and tried to calm the large animal.

"Sssshhhh, its ok" I soothed. The animal glared at me and growled some more.

"There there" I said and moved to it slowly. Its side was all bloody...

Suddenly the wolf collapsed and whimpered a bit. I approached it carefully as Cally kept repeating `be careful!' over and over. Wolf growled at me slightly but didn't bite. I saw a large gash in its side and blood seeping out.

"Cally go get some bandages and stuff to clean this wound, it's bleeding" I said.

"Josie are you crazy?! Its gonna kill us if you make it better!" she exclaimed in alarm.

"Go" I ordered.

"But-" a pointed glare finally got her in the house. I sighed and turned back to the wolf's curious eyes looking at mine.

"Hey Wolf, you're gonna be ok," I reassured quietly, "Cally's just scared. She's never seen anyone like you before."

The wolf seemed to understand me, its eyes shone with intelligence and would not leave my own.

"Bet you don't see eyes like these very often huh? I'm one of the few people who can actually say I'm one of a kind" I smiled. As I stroked the wolf's fur gently it turned its head up and I saw a little scar that roughly looked like a star.

"Hmmm... I need to call you something other than Wolf, so how about Star?" I asked. The wolf nodded, a sight so strange I gasped slightly.

"Well you're a girl aren't you? No male could ever be so intelligent" I smirked. It...I mean, she nodded again.

"Ok then, Star it is" I smiled.

**********

As we kissed I felt a thrill of excitement run through me. He held my arms at my sides surprising me at how gentle he was. At first appearance he seemed to rough and cold...and such an asshole too. That whole `mightier than though' attitude had a good way of pissing me off and here I was kissing him? Nothing made sense at that moment, it was so unexpected. Like everything in my life.

I started to regain my senses. NO! It was just going to be like before! Fall in love and they break your heart had been my autobiography and I was cursed with it until the end of my time. He was just gonna crush it along with the rest. Actually, it surprised me that I still had to heart to crush. What was I doing? Being a fool yet again, falling for any cute guy that liked me.

**********

But Piccolo was different. He IS different, I just wish I could have gotten to know him better. The first time I talked to him I knew he was different. Even if he was an ass he was different from the rest, like he had to stow away any emotion so that nobody could see who he really was. It would have been fun to bring that out...

\ / \ /

"DAMMIT!" Piccolo cursed and threw a blast at the wall in sheer frustration. The temperamental Namek had been feeling Josie's ki fade more and more while he was forced to try and find a way out. The maze had no sign of stopping and the walls were indestructible. Piccolo was all out of options.

~You have something to say, say it NOW!~ he growled at his counterparts.

~Uh no. We're fine thanks~ Nail said nervously, not wanting to upset him further.

~That's great for you, wish Josie was feeling the same fucking way~ Piccolo growled.

~I'm sorry, but I don't know what to do~ Nail said.

~I have a suggestion~ Kami spoke up.

~Well?! Spit it out old man!~ Piccolo demanded.

~I suggest you stop arguing with Nail, and follow the wolf!~ Kami said irritably. Piccolo looked up from his conversation to see Star running at full speed to him. Star saw him finally notice her and stopped suddenly.

"AAARRRROOOOOO!!!!!!" she howled and tore off in the direction from which she had come.

Well what do ya know, the overgrown furball's good for something Piccolo smirked and quickly took after her.

Machines lay trashed, computers lay in megabytes, folders lay scattered and piles of paper dominated the room's landscape. Gohan stood in the center of it all, his turquoise eyes in a glare looked about the mess. He went over to Lowan's still form on the ground and was somewhat relieved to find the evil scientist was still alive. Somewhat being the key word.

"Cally!" Gohan gasped and rushed over to the metal table as he thought of the girl. What if he had been too late?! What if she-

Gohan let out a humongous sigh as he saw she was alive as well. The knife had been flung away right in the nick of time, and Call y was just unconscious. Gohan was so wrapped up in his feeling of relief he didn't notice someone coming up behind him.