Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ 28 Stars ❯ Fight ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

28 Stars
 
Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ. If I did, it'd include baby ninjas, singing fruit, and more naked men.
 
Authors Notes of Spewing: Thanks go to The Chichi Slaughter House for beta'ing.
 
 
Chapter 4. Fight
 
Goku looked around him as a new environment crept up, pursuing the fading walls rapidly as Vegeta smirked, his eyes flickering around as he checked over their surroundings as he created them. Goku craned his head up, letting out a low, impressed whistle as he gazed up at the clear red evening sky, his head slowly tilting back down to look over the rocky barren landscape, which seemingly stretched for miles around them. He'd hadn't even come close to learning to harness the abilities of the dragonballs this quick- and yet here Vegeta was, creating an entire landscape and he hadn't even been here very long at all. Goku frowned a little. He'd taken what felt like weeks to get the hang of this, and Vegeta seemed to have done in a matter of hours.
 
Goku snickered- the Prince was good at ordering people around, and he always seemed to know what he wanted- he was probably loving the arrangement. He thinks a command and it is granted in a snap- it was probably going to be more efficient than robots or servant. He snickered, causing Vegeta to shot him a glare of impatience, tapping his foot and crossing his arms over his chest.
 
“Are we going to fight or are we just going to stand here whilst I watch you giggle Kakarot?” Vegeta spat, voice laced with sarcasm. “Because I have better things to do with -my- eternity.”
 
Goku blinked and fell into a fighting pose, grinning. “Sorry about that Vegeta.” He lifted his fists, one defensively shielding his face, whilst the other was held before him. “Its been a while, hasn't it Vegeta?”
 
Vegeta bent his legs, ki billowing around him in flashes of translucent colour, bringing up clouds of dust. “Indeed it has Kakarot.” His eyes narrowed, focusing on the other Saiyan, smirking in confidence. “A very long time…how about we make it a little bit more interesting?”
 
Goku looked over his fist, eyebrows rising in curiosity. “How'd you mean Vegeta?”
 
Vegeta chuckled. “How about we keep a tab on our powers for now, hmm? Neither of us can go Super Saiyan.” He looked to Goku, waiting for his reaction. “It'll give us both a good chance to show off what we've learnt for all these past years, won't it Kakarot?”
 
Goku nodded in agreement, “Great idea Vegeta!” His face brightened up, grin widening with his enthusiasm, “I'll bet you've learnt loads of stuff, haven't you?”
 
Vegeta just shrugged without explanation, smirking. “You'll see soon enough Kakarot, you'll see.”
 
Dust billowed between the pair as they stood on Vegeta's landscape, the sun eerily remaining unmoving, hanging in its position on the evening sky beside them, the red light casting their facing into a shadowy contrast. As their eyes rose to meet each other, both already poised and ready, the silent, unseen signal passed between the pair, sending them both flying together, as though pulled by an imperceptible attraction. Fists met, or missed their target entirely, to bury into the hard rocks that shattered beneath them, their respective owners twisting away from another assault as they pulled out, turning back with their own violent reciprocation. Flashes of energy burst through the rocks, fragments floating upwards around the pair, carried with ease, before flying back as they clashed once again, knees digging into stomachs, elbows cracking across jaws with brutal force.
 
Wiping blood from the side of his mouth with a gloved hand before his mouth curled up into a smirk, thrills running through him as he flew back a few feet, continuing to size up his opponent, Vegeta let his ki run through him and radiate outwards, enough to give him greater power without ascending to the golden form. Years, decades even, he'd gone without anything to challenge him like this, no one coming close matching any of Goku abilities- his speed, his strength, his skill- nothing about him could be matched by any other opponents he had faced. Vegeta grinned like a maniac as Goku braced his legs against the ground, his hands going into the all too familiar position.
 
Familiar? He hadn't seen performed by anyone for many years, let alone Goku himself. Yet to Vegeta, it was something he'd never forget.
 
Goku blinked as Vegeta didn't move out of his line of fire, instead crouching slightly, the ki radiating from him flying back inwards as the Prince held his hands a short distance apart, the gloved palms glowing with energy, sparks and bolts of electricity crackling over the fingers. Goku's brow furrowed as he charge up his own attack, trying to focus him own energy, whilst being mystified the what Vegeta was doing, the apparent new attack building in the Prince's hands. As a ball of blue glowing ki burst to life in Goku hands, growing as he fed energy to into it, Vegeta's own surged into existence between his palms, pushing them apart as he charged it to a greater size, white-hot power between his hands.
 
With a simultaneous pair of screams, the two Saiyans fired their blasts onwards, the shining beams of energy fly out. Vegeta's though, rather than forming a blast, narrowed into a thinner, white beam, the energy concentrating and zooming towards Goku's attack. They collided directly, Vegeta's laser-like blast briefly halted, before it sank into Goku's, pushing forward as it overwhelmed his blast, the taller Saiyan realising only too late there was nothing to do as his attack evaporated uselessly from within, leaving Vegeta unscathed, whilst the Prince's shot drove forward, striking him in the chest. The condensed beam spread, engulfing him entirely with its energy, the force sending him flying backwards into a cliff face, ploughing into the hard rock, causing it to collapse around him, and inevitably, onto him as well. Brushing his smoking hands together with a smug smirk, Vegeta stood up straight, watching the cliff as he awaited Goku's return, knowing of the risk of a surprise attack if he went over to the other Saiyan.
 
Goku struggled in the rock, pushing boulders and large slabs away as he escaped the rubble around him. Of all the things to expect, he had certainly not seen that one coming- he hadn't ever seen anything like that one coming for that matter. The closest thing he could think of was Freiza's finishing beam, yet this was totally different- Freiza's beam was like a puny can opener compared to this, it wasn't powerful in particular…just a tidy attack to finish off enemies in a way that wouldn't stain the walls. This…it was like a normal attack, but more efficient- tidy and compact even- it totally destroyed his Kamehameha. Goku shook his head, dislodging small rocks from his messier hair, as he powered up, so that the waves of ki he emanated pushed rocks away, leaving the path clear as he flew back to Vegeta.
 
Vegeta chuckled as the bedraggled Saiyan set down a few meters away, running a hand through his dusty hair, his shirts and trousers tatty and ripped, whilst blood ran sluggishly from a few minor cuts on his face and arms. Vegeta watched, a brief tremor running through him as a droplet ran a red trail down Goku's face, trailing from his brow, dropping between his eyes and run along his cheekbone, before sliding down his cheek beside his mouth.
 
His gaze was broken as he found the other flying towards him, his battle face worn firmly as he neared Vegeta, energy crackling as he slammed his fist forwards, making the Prince raise his arms in a defensive pose, the force of the hit still making him slide backwards, dust plumes building around his feet. As he lowered his arms, Goku bore upon him, his form cutting through the air and before Vegeta knew it, a roundhouse kick had been administered to his side with a swift precision, the hefty blow knocking the Prince flat, leaving him wheezing for air.
 
Goku stood there before him, looking down with a chuckle as Vegeta sat up, rubbing his side whilst wearing a sour expression, before he got up, wobbling a little before steeling himself, flying at Kakarot like a bullet. Swinging his fist with a growl of his traditional rage, Vegeta's eyes widened as it missed Goku, turning around all too late as a pair of feet landed squarely in the centre of his back, sending him crashing into the ground. Not ready to be caught unawares again, Vegeta spun around, before flipping himself upright, flying back at Goku with a burst of ki, his legs spiralling over himself, up into a high arc as he viciously sent his foot crashing into the other's head. Goku grabbed his calf, spinning him, and tossing him aside with ease, before careening towards his opponent, fists raised in his offence. Using his ki, Vegeta held himself steady in the air, turning and raising his own fists in defence when he saw Goku rushing towards him, lashing out before the other Saiyan tried to land a punch, only to over reach as the other Saiyan swept beneath him, kicking his legs out, before punching him in the ribs, making Vegeta hit the rocky ground below.
 
Vegeta groaned as he felt joints crack gruesomely when he tried to pull himself up, blinking as a large hand grasped his own, yanking him to his feet with a strong ease he could not resist, causing small rocks to fall from his person, only to see Goku beaming down at him, the other's hand connected to his own. Snatching his hand back, Vegeta glared at Goku.
 
“Hey Vegeta? How about we take a rest?” Goku scratched the back of his head, wearing a disarming smile.
 
Vegeta gritted his teeth, shaking his head in defiance. “No!” He smirked, falling into his fighting pose. “I am far from done with you, Kakarot. I owe you a little something.”
 
Goku's face hardened once more at Vegeta's challenge, raising his fists in acceptance, charging to the cocky Prince, aiming to punch his abdomen, only to miss the intended target as Vegeta moved, his fist colliding with the Prince's shoulder, the pain of the hit ignored as Vegeta's foot swung around, smashing into Goku's face. Undaunted by this, Goku spun back, not caring about the trickle of blood from his mouth, kicking Vegeta in the thigh, before sending his elbow into his gut, winding the Prince. Breathing harshly, Vegeta made to punch Goku, aiming for his chest, goading the larger Saiyan to raise his arms to repel it.
 
Smirking, Vegeta suddenly flattened his palm at the last second before he hit Goku's crossed forearms, charging a blast of ki from them straight into the other Saiyan, sending Goku soaring backwards, leaving a trail of smoke, before he caught himself, hovering in midair for an instant, before Vegeta bore down upon him. Kicking Goku in the side, Vegeta caught up with him, giving the larger Saiyan no chance to recover as he used a lariat to knock him from the sky, hitting the ground with an echoing boom.
 
Swooping down to land beside the groaning Saiyan, Vegeta chuckled, leaning down beside him, watching as Goku heaved himself out of the rocks, standing up and dusting off his tattered gi.
 
“Want to call it quits Kakarot? I'm hungry.” Vegeta's tail waved out behind him for a few seconds as though in a unspoken laugh, before retreating back to his waist into its usual position.
 
Goku rolled his eyes, nodding anyway, his stomach gurgling in agreement at the thought as the sudden realisation of food set in, casting any thoughts of getting Vegeta back away. He gave Vegeta a wide grin as the Prince removed the landscape around them, leaving the pair standing in the orange space they'd first come to.
 
Goku looked around them, concentrating a little as he managed to create a door, yet against the same red one like he'd used earlier to access his quarters. Licking his lips eagerly and grabbing the spluttering Vegeta's hand, Goku gave him no time for protest as he dragged Vegeta towards his door, throwing it open as the Vegeta pulled his hand out of his grip, dusting off his wrist indignantly. Goku stepped into the doorway, beckoning Vegeta to follow him.
 
“What is the meaning of this Kakarot?” protested the Prince, his tail bristling behind him, as he tried -without much success- to lean around Goku to peer into the room, only to have his view blocked by the other Saiyan's chest.
 
“Come on…we're going to eat Vegeta, just like you said.” Goku smiled at him, before pulling him through the door, closing it behind them with his tail.