Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Taste of Heat ❯ Blues for Baby Trunks ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Taste of Heat
Chapter 17 Blues for Baby Trunks
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Bulma or Vegeta, or Dragon ball Z. Toriyama, Toei Animation Co limited do. This is fan fiction and I don't get paid for this. The only remuneration I get is your reviews, so please R and R! Thanks so much! I'll give ya a cookie!
 
By Trynia Merin aka StarbearerTM

Many months passed till that day when Bulma lay in labor for at least two days. Not wanting to have an epidural she insisted on natural birth. Now Bulma was cursing her decision to try lamaze because her body was revolting. Not to men tion her mother was irritating her to no end. In the Jacuzzi of Capsule, Bulma lay screaming and moaning. There hadn't been time to take her to the ER.
 
Instead the doctors that worked in Capsule's infirmary had been summonded to the private mansion in West City. Dr. Briefs wiped away sweat, standing just outside the bathroom door. Medical equipment was being trundled into the large bathroom suite, while blue drapes covered every surface of relevance. Both he and Bunny wore the disposable gowns and face masks.
 
"Dende I HATE you Vegeta!" Bulma screamed at the top of her lungs. Bands of constricting fire erupted through her body with each wave.
 
"Dear, please, breathe," Bunny urged, rubbing her forhead. "You know your young man has to train hard to fight those nasty robots you told us all about!"
 
"VEGETAAAA!" Bulma screamed. "Where the HELL are you? Damn it I'll never forgive you for this! You'd better stay away from me for the next ten years after this baby's born!"
 
"He's not here to hear you, Princess please just settle down!" Dr. Briefs urged, rushing over to the side of the tub.
 
"Don't tell me what to do, Daddy! Just tell them to knock me out!" Bulma wailed.
 
"Please Miss Briefs you have to push," Dr. Marmelade urged. Nearby Dr. Trifle barked orders to the various nurses and gowned medical assistants to get the latest data.
 
"Shut up! Daddy, shut them up! I AM pushing dammit! Knock me out!" she shouted.
 
"We can't give you anything now, it's too late!" said Dr. Trifle.
 
"You JERKS I'm gonna get you for this!" she snapped, grabbing the front of his gown and tugging hard.
 
"Let him go, Bulma, sweetie, just relax!" Bunny urged.
 
"Ohhhh I wish you'd all SHUT UP! You try getting on this table and having this baby!" she screamed at the top of her lungs.
 
"Two centimeters and more," said the doctor to Mrs. Briefs who was anxiously sponging her daughter's forehead off.
 
"What the hell is going on?" rasped a voice that burst into the room. "Where is Bulma? And why is she making that awful noise.
 
"Here you fucking prick!" she shrilled. "Where the HELL were you?"
 
"Training you idiot! To save your ass and the brats…" Vegeta panted, forcing his way into the room. "Why the hell are you making that noise?"
 
"Excuse me sir, we'll have to ask you to leave!" one of the health care workers said.
 
"Shut up and get OUT of my way, slave," Vegeta snarled, grabbing the man by the front of his uniform and tossing him into a nearby chair. "Bulma, is the brat coming? What's taking so long!"
 
"Shut up!" she screamed at him.
 
"Why is she screaming, isn't she supposed to have a painkiller, what the hell is…" Vegeta ranted at the doctors and nurses nervously moving between him and his mate.
 
"Who is that?" Dr. Marmelade asked.
 
"Miss Brief's latest boyfriend," said the nurse.
 
"I should have known. He's just like she is," said Dr. Marmelade with a shrug.
 
"Vegeta, please don't do this! You're not helping my daughter!" Dr. Briefs urged, moving over and putting a hand on his arm. The frail scientist could have been crushed in his grasp, but Vegeta remembered it was his GR that was making his ascendance possible.
 
"Let me pass. I need to see my heir," he grunted. "Before I finish my training."
 
"Bulma honey, you have to push, easy now," Mrs. Briefs urged.
 
"Get out of my way," Vegeta snorted, lightly picking up Dr. Briefs and setting him to one side with a gloved hand. He stormed over, shoved the midwife out of the way, and then took his place behind Bulma's head.
 
"What are you doing here, bastard," she gasped. "Get out, I can't think with you here!"
 
"I'm so glad you could make it, she's been having such a hard time," Bunny lamented.
 
"Sir, you really shouldn't be in here without a gown!" Dr. Shrinks said. Vegeta gave them a glare when they tried to push a blue gown in his direction.
 
"Shut up!" Vegeta yelled at him. "Drop dead, you're all far more filthy then I am, you stupid weaklings!"
 
"Who is he?" whispered one of the other doctors. "By what authority."
 
"The child's father," Dr. Briefs said. "And you'd better not speak to him like t hat. I'm just relieved he's here at all. It's the most interest I've seen him show in weeks!"
 
"What does he do?"
 
"He's a soldier," Dr. Briefs said. "And he's royalty. And I wouldn't get in his way. I think it's better if we just let him have his way. All right?"
 
"But…"
 
"Just don't question me, all right?" Dr. Briefs urged, pushing the doctor out the door. "Look, just let him through."
 
"What is your problem, Bulma? The baby should have been born already!" Vegeta grumbled through clenched teeth.
 
"God damn you try getting onto this bed and having this baby then, you fucking asshole!" Bulma screamed at him.
 
Mrs. Briefs gasped as she felt the bones in her hand cracking. "Oh my goodness, honey you're… hurting…"
 
"Owww! I can't do this!" Bulma wailed.
 
"Move aside, idiot," Vegeta mumbled. He pried Bunny's hand free, then slid his own around Bulma's. Her fingers pinched in a viselike grip that surprised him with its strength. Angrily she gritted her teeth, feeling Vegeta's hand unyielding but present in her grasp.
 
"I can't do this," she panted.
 
"Of course you can, Bulma. Don't be stupid. Just have this baby already! I command it!" Vegeta ranted at her. "Come on damn it, do what you're supposed to!"
 
"Don't tell me what to do, you royal asshole! It's YOUR fault I'm in this mess!" she screamed, causing everyone to wince and grit their teeth.
 
"Push Miss Briefs, push, it's almost there. I can see the head," Dr. Marmelade urged.
 
"This is nothing! If I can become a Super Saiyan, you can have my baby, now get ON with it!" Vegeta gritted, feeling her fingers almost cutting off circulation in his hand.
 
"Screw you!" Bulma groaned, tears flowing down her cheeks. Anger collected and centered her body, giving her resolve. It dawned on her that it was a miracle he had even shown up from his training to be here out of nowhere. That last month he had vanished without so much of a message telling her he was completing his process.
 
"Come on Bulma, PUSH!" Vegeta rasped.
 
"I AM!" she let loose a final scream, tears streaming from her cheeks. Vegeta felt her almost pass out from the effort as her hand went limp in his grasp.
 
"What, what the hell is going wrong?" Vegeta demanded.
 
"Here it is, we have it!" several of the workers in their gowns chorused, reaching between her legs into a slimy bloody mess. Vegeta stared in horrid fascination at the bloody creature squirming in the mass of goo and other body fluids. It was nothing for someone used to shedding blood, but it gave him a strange sick thrill all the same.
 
"What the hell…" one of them gasped. "The umbilical chord… what's this…"
 
"You idiots, get out of the way," Vegeta wanted to say as they poked and prodded the infant. It was a small shriveled blue mass with a strange white waxy substance, but to him it was a near miraculous sight when he saw a furry object matted and dripping from the baby's spine.
 
"It's a tail you fools!" Vegeta ranted at them when Dr. Marmelade and Dr. Trifle looked anxiously at the baby. "Goddamn it didn't you know that it was going to happen?"
 
"Please Vegeta, settle down, it's all right," Dr. Briefs urged. "For him it's quite normal."
 
"If you say so, sir," they murmured. A loud wail of protest split their eardrums as the baby drew in its first breath. Angry and annoyed about being interrupted, baby Trunks hollered loud enough to put his mother's screams to shame. Vegeta saw the tiny mouth opening and closing, eyes scrunched and fists pumping. The tail curled and uncurled as the baby screamed a very healthy cry making everyone wince.
 
"Where the hell are you going, idiots, bring him back!" Vegeta ranted, rushing towards them as he let go of Bulma's hands. To their astonishment he grasped the slimy newborn possessively in his hands, fear surging through him that they were going to take him away.
 
Before he could stop himself he felt the wriggling mass against his armored chest. Blood stained his gloves as the baby twisted up to look at him with two very blue eyes. Vegeta mumbled in a dumbfounded voice, "His hair… it's PURPLE!"
 
"Of course you idiot, he's a Briefs," Bulma snapped at him. She blinked at him in annoyance, then in awe as Vegeta turned quickly around, unsure of how to hold the slimy baby that was his son.
 
Something wrapped around his wrist, and to his amusement Vegeta saw it was a moist furry brown tail. There was no doubt it was a Saiyan despite the wet locks of lavender hair plastered to its head. Both blue eyes fixed up into his as the baby stopped crying, and blinked up at him. Panting, Vegeta walked over to where she lay, tears in her eyes.
 
"Sir, we need to take the baby…"
 
"Drop dead," Vegeta snarled at them. "You're not TOUCHING him. Get out before I…"
 
"Vegeta, it's all right," Bulma gasped. "They need to…"
 
"He's fine, you idiots! Get them out of here before I get pissed!" Vegeta shouted at the astonished health care workers. "I don't need your stupid primitive medicines around him!"
 
"Vegeta, calm down please," Dr. Briefs pleaded. "They just need to weigh him and…"
 
"I don't need them poking and prodding like he's a damn lab specimen! He's fine! He's a Saiyan," Vegeta snorted at him.
 
"Vegeta," Bulma sniffled, feeling her heart melting at the sight of the indignant Saiyan prince grasping his baby like it was a toy he didn't want to give up. Those blue eyes looked somberly up into Vegeta's black ones, with a questioning look. The tail tightened around Vegeta's wrist, as if recognizing the sound of his voice.
 
"But the cord must be cut," said the bravest of the doctors. Then he noticed the strange mass that was laying half on the floor and realization hit him. Striding back over to Bulma, the Prince of Saiyans sheepishly noticed the bloody mass attached to the other end of the cord that had fallen to the floor.
 
"I see," Vegeta mumbled. "Do so. And be quick about it."
 
"The father traditionally cuts the cord," Bunny said, unfazed by the blood of birth. Nothing seemed to ruin her disposition, not even a newborn in all its gory beauty, Vegeta realized with amusement.
 
He grumbled and grudgingly took the scissors in one hand to cut the cord and get them to leave him alone. He placed the baby on Bulma's chest and snipped. Still he kept one hand behind the baby's head, while Bulma held it with her arm. He didn't seem to care much about the blood staining his white gloves and armor, because he was too curious about the baby's movements.
 
One of the nurses held a piece of paper, and a pad of ink. Vegeta snorted, till Bulma rolled her eyes. "It's just a formality!"
 
"Stupid earth customs," Vegeta grumbled, watching the process of footprinting and other things till paper was pushed at him. He scribbled his name on whatever was handed; knowing that it was for the sake of Bulma's stupid customs that he do so.
 
"Go I said," Vegeta ordered. "I'm done with you. Unless there's some other formality…"
 
"I guess she can rest here," said Dr. Briefs, apologizing to the terrified health care workers he and his wife shoed out the door. Bunny held up a blue blanket to wrap around baby Trunks, who gave a solemn look to both his mother and father.
 
"Why has he stopped crying?" Bunny asked. "He's so adorable, he looks just like your baby pictures, dear."
 
"He has my hair, but he has your eyes, Vegeta," said Dr. Briefs. "Amazing."
 
"IS that a tail I see? How… interesting," Mrs. Briefs said, as she wrapped the baby. "He's so adorable! Is that real fur?"
 
"Don't touch the tail, idiot," Vegeta snorted, smacking her hand lightly aside. "Leave it be."
 
"We can't have it on him, or he'll change," Bulma panted.
 
"Just leave it alone," Vegeta said angrily. "I need to speak to Bulma alone."
 
"They can hear whatever you have to say," Bulma snorted at him.
 
"Fine then. You both had better make certain nothing happens to the brat when I'm gone," Vegeta said. "There is more training I must do in a few days. But for now I shall be here for another two days to make certain the brat has what it needs. You will…"
 
"It's our grandson after all," Dr. Briefs said quietly. "You can't have a safer place for the heir of Capsule Corps."
 
"Vegeta, don't be a prick!" Bulma snapped. "Trunks will be fine, you know he will be!"
 
"Humph," mumbled Vegeta with a grunt. "I suppose you're going to insist on that name. But it's traditional…"
 
"That's why Vegeta's his middle name, idiot," Bulma rolled her eyes. "You think I'm that stupid? Geesh Vegeta, get a CLUE!"
 
"It says that on the birth certificate right here, that you signed, clear as day," Dr. Briefs said, handing it to Vegeta as Bunny picked the baby up in her arms. Vegeta allowed her to do so, figuring it was woman's work to tend to the care of children. He glanced at the piece of paper and grunted.
 
"So it says. Trunks Vegeta Briefs. I suppose since it's a damn fool custom to have multiple names that you insist on the last name and first being your choice," Vegeta mumbled.
 
"Well it's earth custom for the child to have the name of the mother," Dr. Briefs said carefully, tensing in fear that Vegeta might snap. To his relief the Prince grunted.
 
"Whatever. At least you have the good sense to name him after me in some capacity. But that absurd first name!"
 
"How else are we going to tell you apart from him?" Bulma said, smacking Vegeta's arm.
 
"Fine, see if I care what the brat's name is!" Vegeta snapped sullenly. "But he's the son of a prince!"
 
"I know," Bulma said, squeezing his hand.
 
"I must go," Vegeta said quietly. "I must complete my training. I may have achieved my goal, but I must show Kakkarot."
 
"Stay, please?" Bulma asked softly. "Please don't leave me and Trunks alone? Not yet?"
 
"Very well," Vegeta sniffed. Bulma saw Dr. Briefs grab a camera, and motion for his wife to bring Trunks over. Trusting her with the baby, Vegeta saw that she had wiped him clean of the blood, showing his pale skin more clearly. It was still mostly red, and the furry tail was wrapped along with him in the blanket. Oddly she had pulled a wool hat over his head, black in color, almost obscuring the purple hair.
 
"So his little head doesn't get cold," she grinned. Vegeta smirked, realizing that the violet tufts were lost under the black knit wool with the two points sticking up, almost like ears or devil horns. Still those blue eyes blinked around, while the baby gave them a somber frown instead of a smile. Baby Trunks seemed to turn towards the low rasping voice of the Prince they noticed.
 
"Say cheese," Dr. Briefs urged. Bunny nudged Vegeta to the left of Bulma's bedside, and placed the baby into his arms.
 
"Now wait a minute I…" he stammered, as Bulma reached up to steady him. Bright lights flashed in his face when he saw the camera go off with a whirring click. Somewhere the image of his frowning face was recorded for all time with the baby's.
 
"One with the two handsome young men in my daughter's life now!" Bunny giggled. Vegeta turned to protest, as Bulma shoved Trunks into his arms.
 
"Damn it what are you doing?" he growled, swatting at the lights dancing in his eyes. He quickly returned the baby to Bulma's arms, and rubbed his eyes.
 
"Don't worry, baby, you're dad's naturally a grouch," Bulma said, curling her arms around their son. Ki crackled into Vegeta's awareness, of considerable strength.
 
"Get out of my face before I blow that box up," Vegeta snarled at Dr. Briefs. "Leave me and Bulma alone. You've annoyed me enough! She needs to rest. I can't have her dying on me, idiots!"
 
Immediately Trunks opened his mouth and began to holler. Bulma glared at him, snapping, "Stop bitching! You're making the baby cry!"
 
"Come on dear, let's leave them alone," Bunny said, taking her husband's arm and guiding him out of Bulma's room.
 
"Can 't you shut him up?" Vegeta glared at her.
 
"You hold him, if you're so fucking smart!" she snapped. "And get me out of here, I'm freezing!"
 
Vegeta lifted her out of the tub, flaring his ki to dry her off. She clutched Trunks carefully, leaning her head on his shoulder while he carried her into the bedroom. Gently he lay her down, after pulling back the covers for her. Still she was trying to stop baby Trunks from screaming.
 
"Pain in the ass," Vegeta mumbled, sullenly taking the baby from her.
 
"Hand me that gown there. I think he's hungry, and I've no clue how to breast feed," she sighed. He tossed her a gown, clutching Trunks gingerly.
 
"Will you stop that obnoxious noise you brat?" Vegeta growled at the baby. At sound of his voice, Baby Trunks glanced up in surprise. The cries seemed to stop at once.
 
"I can't believe it, that's just not possible," Bulma mumbled.
 
"He listens to his father. Smart boy," Vegeta snickered.
 
"Give him here, I might as well break these in," she sighed wearily. Vegeta carried his son over, sitting down on the edge of his bed in armor and all. He feigned boredom at the sight of her opening her robe to reveal a creamy breast. Cursing and swearing, Bulma endured the first nursing with her amused Prince looking on.
 

Vegeta's eyes glazed over when Bulma explained about breast pumps and regular feeding while Trunks ate his first meal. He had lost interest as soon as she described all the stupid things a mother had to do with a newborn. It seemed so much simpler how Nappa described Saiyan infants being reared in gestational tanks and then being handed off to slaves or females to rear while the males looked in.
 
A royal wet nurse had taken care of him. As far as he could remember he rarely saw his biological mother. Only the slaves who had reared him and tutored him in the enclosed bubble of the royal palace. From day one he was a first priority for he was one of the few royal heirs that survived birth. Making his mother the chief Concubine and ensuring her primacy as his father's favorite. From a dozen Saiyan females she had produced the royal male heir, and that made her Queen.
 
Not that she had survived long. After giving birth to Vegeta, she had died. Of course that saddened his father, but only temporarily. She was given a proper state burial and hailed as the Queen who had given Vegetasei its next King. He had only been five when she was no longer a presence in his life. Still he struggled images of her to his mind as he watched Bulma nursing Trunks for some comparison. Such things he had not recalled for ages because they were things that hindered his training.
 
"Vegeta, would you please hold him?" Bulma asked.
 
"Why?" he mumbled.
 
"You were so quick to keep him away from those doctors and now you won't even hold him? Excuse me?"
 
"I'm a prince, not a babysitter," he said with a snort. "IF you're so weary, get a wet nurse and slave to tend him. Your mother seems adept to the task."
 
"Damn you, get your ass over here and hold him while I get some fucking sleep or I'll detonate that GR and you in it!" she snapped at him.
 
"Stupid pain in the ass," Vegeta mumbled.
 
"There's nobody to see you, so you won't get embarrassed, your Royal Nastiness," she snorted.
 
"Fine, give me the brat and shut up!" Vegeta snapped, snatching Trunks away.
 
"Stop being a prick. Here's the blanket, that armor you're wearing is too hard!" she snapped. "And you have to support his little head!"
 
"Don't tell me how to hold my son, Bulma," he growled, positioning Trunks in his arm just like he had seem Mrs. Briefs do. "I'm not a stupid ningen!"
 
"Thank you," she said.
 
"Just sleep damn it. I can't believe this idiocy. Why on Vegetasei I had ten slaves nursing me, I just don't get this," Vegeta growled.
 
Grumbling he paced back and forth with Trunks, not sure of what to do. This was the work of women, not a Prince, he thought. How dare she make HIM do what she could hire any servant to do instead? Didn't she know how to properly use her wealth?
 
"Your mother can be such an idiot, brat," Vegeta mumbled. Trunks answered with a whimpering cry.
 
"Don't make that disagreeable noise," Vegeta snapped. "Warriors don't cry."
 
Trunks glanced up at him, perfectly silent to his relief and amusement with wide blue eyes. It seemed like the baby was searching for something in his father's scowling face. "Humph, that's better. You'd do well to listen to your father, brat. After all, I can't have you picking up those damn fool notions she's going to shower you with. You're a Prince's son, and you have certain expectations of your father. Namely that when I tell you to do something you obey without question. Got that?"
 
Trunks blinked up at him, still silent. Vegeta nodded. "Yes, you do know what I'm saying. When I'm gone you'll behave yourself of course. And you'll not be a spoiled brat like your mother. She's smart, but she is infernally clingy. I may be holding you now, but don't get used to it, boy. I'm doing this because you're an infant and it's expected. I can't have you howling your head off. But don't think I'm going to make a habit of spoiling you with such indulgences like this."
 
Vegeta suddenly saw a white liquid dribbling from the boy's mouth and groaned. He suddenly realized why Bulma insisted on that stupid receiving blanket with the ducks and birdies on it. Cursing he wiped away the drool and gave a few measured taps to burp the boy as he'd been told.
 
"Your mother throws up the same way to get back at me, brat. Honestly, you're going to be the death of me if you keep playing her games," Vegeta grumbled.
 
A loud howling split his concentration. Vegeta cursed again in Saiyago, lowering the boy to jiggle him in those stupid-rocking motions he saw Bulma and her mother perform. Finally he settled for holding Trunks still while he walked around. The walls seemed to close in around him, and Vegeta wandered over to the open door.
 
"This is stupid. I can't think," he snapped. "Stop crying brat, I command it! Now!"

 
Still Trunks didn't listen and Vegeta let out a sigh of disgust. Grabbing the boy close he stepped out onto the balcony and leapt off. A loud cry stopped instantly when Vegeta streaked out over Capsule and towards the city to get away. Relief filled him at the silence mingling with what sounded like a cooing gurgle. Looking down he saw blue eyes blinking along with his tiny mouth twisted into a smile.
 
"That shut you up. Well as soon as I beat the crap out of those tin cans I'm going to train you," said Vegeta. "I won't have you growing up like that weakling Gohan with his harpy mother. You're going to be stronger then Kakkarot's brat ever was."
 
Suddenly he tensed, sensing someone's familiar aura. Vegeta growled low, holding his son to himself as he flared up his power. To his left and right appeared the familiar figures of Goku and Piccolo, blinking in confusion.
 
"Just where do you think you're going with that baby, Vegeta?" asked Piccolo.
 
"None of your damn business. Get OUT of my way!" Vegeta snapped.
 
"Piccolo easy, he's just taking the little guy for a flight," Goku said. "You know he wouldn't' hurt a baby."
 
"We don't know that!" Piccolo snapped.
 
"What are you doing here, I repeat. Before I blast you into the next dimension!" Vegeta rasped at them both. "I told you to mind your own Kami damned Business!"
 
"Vegeta he's adorable!" Goku said to Piccolo. "Hey there little guy!"
 
"Don't get any stupid ideas Kakkarot!" Vegeta glared at him. "I won't have you thinking that…"
 
"He looks JUST like you Vegeta! This is awesome! How does it feel to be a daddy?" Goku laughed aloud. "Isn't it GREAT?"
 
"How did you know…" Vegeta spluttered.
 
"Oh come on he frowns JUST like you do!" Goku laughed, drifting closer for a look.
 
"Stay back you clown!" Vegeta snorted. "You're not going to piss me off with your stupidity!"
 
"Dad, what's going on… why was Mr. Piccolo so annoyed," Gohan asked, streaking up and stopping at Goku's side.
 
"Oh don't tell me you invited your loser friends here!" Vegeta snarled. "What are YOU staring at, kid? Never seen a baby before?"
 
"Vegeta's a daddy! Isn't it GREAT?" Goku laughed.
 
"Oh wow, no way!" Gohan laughed. "Wow… but when…"
 
"If it is your affair the brat was born yesterday. And Bulma wouldn't shut her damn mouth unless I took the brat. But you'd better BOTH forget what you're seeing here, because I won't…"
 
"Gosh Vegeta we won't tell, will we, son?" Goku said quickly. "I won't tell anyone, you know that!"
 
"Because if you do I'll rip your head off and spit down your neck, Kakkarot!" Vegeta snarled.
 
"Jeez Vegeta, relax! You're making him upset. What's his name?" asked Gohan.
 
"Humph I've wasted enough time with your losers. Get lost," Vegeta snorted, clutching Trunks close and rocketing off towards Capsule.
 
"This is GREAT!" Goku laughed, grabbing up Gohan and hugging him. "Vegeta's a DADDY! Just like me!"
 
"You mean that was Vegeta's kid? You mean him and Bulma?" Gohan blinked. "I thought…"
 
"It's a secret," Goku shushed him. "I promised Vegeta I wouldn't' tell. And besides Bulma's gonna bring him by to see us I'm sure when she's good and ready. I just know she'll be asking Chichi to baby-sit!"
 
"Wow, Vegeta a dad. That's really something else," Gohan blinked. "It's unbelievable. But he won't hurt the baby will he?"
 
"No he won't," Goku said with a nod. "He wouldn't hurt his own son. I mean he didn't hurt Bulma, right?"
 
"Dad, are you not telling me something, cause you look awfully funny," said Gohan suspiciously.
 
"Who me, no way? Don't be silly!" Goku said giving him an innocent laugh.
 
"Okay dad, whatever, but you're really weird when you know things we don't before we do," Gohan shrugged, knowing better than to question his father.
 
"Vegeta and a baby?" Oolong mumbled as he saw the Saiyan Prince streaking overhead. "What the hell is he doing?"
 
"None of our business," Piccolo said as he appeared next to the shape shifting pig. "Ignore it."
 
"But I saw Vegeta holding a baby what gives?" Oolong shrugged.
 
"How the hell should I know. He's flying back to capsule with it, and I suggest you and I leave now if you want to leave alive," said Piccolo.
 
"Um… okay, but this is the weirdest thing I've seen since I showed up with Krillen at Bulma's house more than a year ago," Oolong mumbled as he timidly walked away in the opposite direction of the Namekian.
 
Goku suddenly popped out of nowhere, scaring the heck out of his friends. "Hi there! Hey I haven't seen you in ages!"
 
"Goku, don't DO that, you almost scared me to death! I'm not a young piglet anymore!" Oolong complained.
 
"If you just saw Vegeta flying overhead don't worry it's all right," said Goku. "He just said if anyone saw him just forget what they saw."
 
"Say what?"
 
"Just listen to him, and keep your mouth shut," said Piccolo. "Right Goku?"
 
"I guess that would be a good idea, we did promise," said Goku.
 
"Okay, whatever you say," Oolong mumbled, wandering off in confusion. Gohan landed next to his father and mentor, glancing around.
 
"You think we should be here, if Vegeta's flying around? He doesn't want us here," said Gohan. "He seemed pretty upset."
 
"I think you guys should just go back home to Mt. Pauzo, and I'll talk to Bulma myself," said Goku.
 
"You only just got better from that virus. I think you should go back, Dad," said Gohan. "I'll go talk to Bulma-san, okay?"
 
"He's right," said Piccolo. "Go home."
 
"Okay guys, if you insist," said Goku, holding up his hands. He touched fingers to his forehead, then vanished before their eyes. Piccolo grunted down at Gohan, and then rose into the air. Soon he was a purple and green streak in the distance.