Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Cold Comfort for Bulma ❯ Finale Next Morning ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Act 7
 
 
"Vegeta oh VEGETA!" moaned a woman's voice.
 
"I'm here, precious one," Vegeta moaned in his sleep, turning over. A warm body pressed to his, female arms twining around his neck. He stopped, trying to remember where he was. The woman's body pressed into his arms, and Vegeta swore that it must be Jennlyn. Had he dreamed the entire nightmare about his death at Freiza's hands?
 
Yet there was something different about Jennlyn. Her voice was different, and the taste of her lips was more Saiyan then he recalled. Since Jennlyn was an Idsarjin pleasure slave, she had a more spicy cinnamon taste of brass to her lips. This woman tasted of wine and tobacco.
 
Wait, his mind told him. Sorting out the haze he realized he had slept very soundly. As he let the female kiss him, he struggled to remember Jennlyn and why she'd be here at all.
 
AS he recalled, Zarbon presented his two 'jewels' with fresh clothes. He stopped making fun of Vegeta as an uncultured apeling. For a time the two actually tolerated each other's company, till Zarbon requested Naiya. Vegeta like a fool gave her over, and when he returned the poor thing was bruised and bloody.
 
That had been the start of the rift. He placed Naiya in a regen tank, biding Raditz to watch over her. Zarbon teased the Prince for being so attached to his whores. But Vegeta made certain Naiya was either in the care of Napa or Raditz when he was not there. It took a long time for her to stop flinching at his touch. Whatever he had done, he blamed himself.
 
Then came the day he found Naiya had gone missing. Rumors had it that Dudoria took her and raped her within an inch of her life. Napa returned with the beaten body, his face filled with disgust at the welts on her. While he did his share of raping, he never came this close to killing his whores. Perhaps he was rough, but he always treated them at least as well as a favorite pet. Naiya was dirty and almost dead.
 
Vegeta knew she would never recover. She pleaded for her death. Vegeta reached out and caressed her throat. With a quick twist he snapped her neck and killed her. It was a better place then life as a humiliated timid creature disfigured for life. After he had dispatched her, he incinerated her body so nothing remained a clean death for a slave who'd pleased him.
 
Jennlyn was luckier. For many years she served him, and trained the other bed slaves Freiza threw his way. He was given the task of taking the virginity of many of the prettiest women on the ship before they were passed on to the others. But Jennlyn was never taken from him. At least until Bok Choi attacked him personally and stole her. Before he could carry her off, Vegeta aimed a ki beam, killing her instantly. That was the beginning of the end.
 
So whoever was kissing him and rolling him over in bed was not her. Someone else was tugging his shorts down and massaging his hot length with steady fingers. He found his hands cupping breasts that were larger then hers, and fit his hands like a dream.
 
A stab of pain went through Vegeta's heart. He hadn't even realized that he could claim to have had anything resembling feelings so weak and tender. A scab was ripped off an old wound in whatever remained of his shrunken heart and he stopped the kiss.
 
"Jennlynn," he muttered, taking the hands and pushing them away.
 
"Who's Jennlynn?" someone sniffled.
 
"What the hell..." he spluttered, sitting bold upright in bed. He raised two fingers to generate a blue glow, and let out a cry of surprise when he saw who he was in bed with.
 
"Vegeta?" Bulma gasped. "Who's Jennlynn?"
 
"What the hell are you doing in my bed you crazy female!" he stammered, backing away in a hot blush. Bulma clapped her hands to turn on the light, yelping as she wrapped the blankets around her. Vegeta tumbled out of the bed, smashing himself on the floor.
 
"Wait a minute buster this is MY room! Yours is in that damn GR in the yard. AS far as I know you refused sleeping in the house with us! Come to think of it... you're NAKED!"
 
"So are you idiot!" he grumbled, seeing her blushing profusely at the sight of him standing there in all his glory. "What's so damn interesting? Or have you never seen an attractive male till now?"
 
"You arrogant son of a bitch, I ought to... here, put something ON for Kami's sake!" she screamed, throwing his boxer shorts at him.
 
"Shut up, you're hurting my ears, you idiot!" Vegeta snarled, sinking on the bed and clamping his hands over his ears. Grumbling he slid them on as he sat there.
 
"Oh god, my head stop yelling!" she groaned, laying down and shivering.
 
"I think I'm going to puke," he mumbled, hugging his abdomen. "You're just as intoxicated as I was so kindly shut the hell up!"
 
"I feel like crap... what happened?" Bulma whined, hugging her body.
 
"You were drunk, baka female," he snorted, lying down on the bed next to her. Just why they were still there in bed was beyond him, but he felt too ill to get up unless she kicked him out. Three empty bottles of tequila lay on the floor next to two dozen-beer cans and several tumblers with bent swizzle sticks on Bulma's side.
 
"I wanna die," she sniffled, sitting up and blinking. "What HAPPENED again Vegeta?"
 
"You got drunk, woman when you invited Dim sum and his stupid friends and two whores over for an orgy, and then dragged me up here that's what," he snapped.
 
"Where's YAMCHA?" she asked.
 
"You almost sound disappointed," he snorted. "You'd be wise to consider yourself fortunate that I graced your bed! You invited ME as I recall!"
 
Bulma suddenly saw the sincerity and annoyance mingling into the frown on his face. Dark brows furrowed into an angry expression that wasn't his usual scowl. Realization dawned with the sudden flux of memories tumbling from last night. Especially when she recalled the sensation of his lips on hers on the balcony. Under the stars they had kissed, and then everything blurred into blissful numbness. Glancing at him she admitted, "I guess I did, didn't I?"
 
"You idiotic fool," Vegeta growled.
 
“Who's Jennlynn?” Bulma asked.
 
“Someone who obviously isn't you, Woman,” said Vegeta blushing bright red.
 
“Was she your girlfriend?” asked Bulma quietly. His silence confirmed her suspicions, and she felt awkward as well.
 
"Bulma, where are you?" came a loud moan from just outside their door.
 
"Yami, where are you going?" a woman's voice pleaded. "Don't leave me."
 
"Does that answer your question?" Vegeta asked as Bulma snapped to attention. The door burst open, revealing Yamcha wearing nothing but a bed sheet, and a half naked Shasta clinging to his waist.
 
"Who's making all that damn noise!" came an irritated shout from down the hall.
 
"Shut up!" Vegeta snarled, clamping hands over his ears and curling up on Bulma's bed.
 
"Yamcha, what the HELL happened!" Bulma shouted at him as he staggered in.
 
"Oh my Kami!" he gasped, seeing her there as the sheet dropped. "What the hell are you doing in bed with HIM?"
 
"I should ask you what you were doing with her!" she glared at him.
 
"You thought I was her? You jerk!" Shasta screamed, smacking his face. Yamcha crumpled on the ground, losing his balance.
 
"Ouch!" he groaned, rubbing his stinging cheek. "That's not what I meant honey… I OWW!"
 
Shasta glared at him, "Where is my dress!"
 
"Baby, it's in my room!" Yamcha stammered.
 
"Now WAIT a minute, lady just calm down. Yamcha find her something to wear before I lose it," Bulma shouted irritably as Yamcha groaned. Vegeta stumbled out of her bed and disappeared into her bathroom. The sounds of someone retching made Bulma wince and Yamcha groan as she tried to help him stand.
 
"God Bulma, I though... holy crap I'm sorry," Yamcha stammered. "Did Vegeta hurt you?"
 
"Yamcha, you're apologizing to me?" she blinked at him.
 
"We both screwed up," Yamcha said quietly, tracking her cheek. "I guess you thought I'd be him, huh? I thought she was you. "
 
"No, I don't' think so, but wait a second, this was YOUR idea!" she mumbled.
 
"Its okay baby, I shouldn't have pushed you to do this," Yamcha apologized.
 
"Yamcha, I feel sick," Shasta whined.
 
"Here, take this," Bulma grumbled, tossing a robe at her.
 
"Who... Bulma?" Shasta blinked. "Oh god I'm so embarrassed!"
 
"Don't be," sighed Bulma. "I guess we all got carried away. Yamcha, where's Vegeta?"
 
"I don't know," Yamcha mumbled as they heard him retching.
 
"Kami, I'll take care of him," she muttered. "You take care of her."
 
"Right," he nodded, walking over and taking Shasta by the arm. He was feeling very guilty at what he'd done. If he hadn't been so horny and insisting that they spice up their sex life this wouldn't have happened.
 
It had started with a dare between him and his teammates. Yamcha had heard of two sisters who liked to experiment and swing. Chopsuay had come to him while Yamcha was in a funk about Bulma's lack of interest in him. Together they had devised a plan where Shasta and Ginger would willingly fool around as a threesome with Bulma and Yamcha. Upon hearing this, Bulma almost had a stroke. However out of love for him, she was willing to meet them.
 
At first blush they got along well that night at dinner. Sheepishly Bulma realized that whatever was in the alcohol had knocked him for a loop. She picked up the bottles of tequila, glancing at them. Then she frowned, as he tasted something foul.
 
"Jeez no wonder Vegeta's so sick, this stuff's tainted," she grumbled, tasting rubbing alcohol in the dregs of one tequila bottle. No less then twelve of them were scattered around Bulma's room among Vegeta's blue workout suit and white gloves.
 
The sounds of Vegeta's retching made her feel sorry for the Prince. While she was angry at first, he couldn't blame the poor guy puking into the commode. Memories drifted back of how she clearly had thrown herself at him, so being angry at him wasn't right. Especially when she had wanted him so badly at the time.
 
Sighing, Bulma had a pretty good idea of how lousy Vegeta must feel right now. Because Bulma pitied him, the Prince had somehow become a fixture in the household. Since they'd lived there she had gotten to know the one time enemy. Anger and frustration had turned to understanding. Both she and the Desert Bandit had tried to make friends because Bulma asked him to, but Vegeta constantly rebuffed him. Now in the blink of an eye, she realized she wasn't sorry at all that she had awakened in his arms rather then Yamcha's. Bulma didn't know if she was disturbed more by this or that Yamcha had tried to get her drunk and force her to share him with his little floozy Shasta in the first place.
 
"Vegeta, you okay?" Bulma asked as she wandered into the bathroom. She grabbed some fresh towels, seeing Vegeta huddled on the floor by the commode. Over the porcelain bowl the Saiyan prince hurled the contents of his stomach.
 
"Leave me alone I don't need your help," Vegeta grunted.
 
"Vegeta just relax. I guess you haven't gotten drunk in a while, so you gotta take it easy, you've got one hell of a hangover," Bulma said as she helped steady Vegeta. Flushing the john, she then helped the Saiyan Prince to sit on the chair before her dressing table.
 
"I feel like crap. What are you doing here? Come to make fun of the alien getting wasted?" Vegeta moaned as he glared up at the woman. Wearing a pink Victoria secret robe, Bulma's face was creased with worry, not pity. Why she even gave a care, Vegeta wondered. Didn't the idiot still hate him for what he'd done?
 
"I live here, remember? Vegeta-chan just relax. I'll get you some Tylenol and water. Don't try to move or you'll make it worse," said Bulma.
 
"Stupid human," he mumbled, wondering why he was letting the Woman help him in his weakness. Yet the idiot human was at least acting to serve him, so he figured he might as well let her do so. If she was intelligent she wouldn't dare tell anyone she had helped him.
 
"Here, drink this. Slow now," Bulma said, returning with a bottle of fresh spring water and two pills. "When was the last time you drank Vegeta?"
 
"On Idsarsei 7 if it's any of your damn business, idiotic fool," Vegeta grunted, snatching the medicine and gulping the water down.
 
"Take it slow or you'll puke, Vegeta-chan. Easy now!" Bulma urged.
 
"Don't tell me how to drink fool! You're lucky I'm letting you serve me. If I didn't feel like crap I'd be strangling you woman! How dare you throw yourself at me in a drunken state then scream in my ears in the morning! Did you not wish for this to happen?" he growled.
 
"I know you're hung over. Why don't you just stay here till the room stops spinning? I'm sorry I acted like an ass Vegeta," said Bulma.
 
"Why do you care?" Vegeta sullenly demanded. "Considering I slept with you woman while you were intoxicated I am amazed that you are even speaking to me. Don't you care?"
 
"I'm mad, but I know you didn't ask for this to happen," Bulma sighed.
 
"I don't need your PITY!" Vegeta snarled, and then staggered as his head spun.
 
"I'm not pitying you Vegeta, relax. It's just that I understand."
 
"Why?"
 
"I just do, okay? I know crazy things can happen when you're drunk. Obviously you needed to get blasted as much as I did to realize that it wasn't so bad to wake up with you," Bulma sighed as she slapped Vegeta on the back.
 
"Just leave me alone," he groaned, pressing hands to his face. He tried to get up, but stumbled. Bulma steadied him against her slender body, and helped Vegeta to walk out and sit down on the sofa.
 
"Easy Vegeta, just stay there," Bulma said, helping to lay him down.
 
"I'm the Prince of Saiyans I do NOT get hung over! Someone must have tried to poison me!"
 
"Well, you drank twelve bottles of tequila. No wonder you're this trashed. Even Goku didn't drink this much when he got married to Chichi. And I thought I put them away," Bulma chuckled awkwardly picking up the bottles and clunking them into the trash bin. She was struggling to straighten up her room before she either started screaming at him in her panic or asking herself why she was being so nice. Something about this made her want to have gone all the way. Yet there were no telltale aches or pains suggesting Vegeta had force himself on her.
 
"I repeat why are you being such a pain in the ass? I don't NEED your help!" Vegeta continued.
 
"It happens to all of us now and again. You were one party animal though Vegeta. Who thought you were such a wild and crazy guy," Bulma said awkwardly, sitting next to him and laying a cold wet washcloth over his brow.
 
"If you tell anyone I will KILL you," Vegeta groaned.
 
"Shh, easy there," Bulma whispered, swallowing hard. A strange fondness crept in seeing him so helpless, and their respective veneers crumbled. He closed his eyes, letting her fingers sooth his aching temples.
 
“Answer me this Woman, did you or did you not consent freely to being in my company irregardless of the intoxication?” he asked.
 
“Yes,” Bulma answered. “And I know that you didn't actually… well do it with me. Or I'd have felt it.”
 
“Humph,” he mumbled. “You would have remembered doubtless.”
 
“Thank you for not taking advantage of me,” she said softly, kissing his cheek.
 
“Ugh, don't make me sicker,” he groaned.
 
“I don't blame you silly, that's what I'm trying to say,” she glared at him.
 
"I need food damn it before I puke again," Vegeta groaned.
 
"Well, I'll just get us breakfast. You look like you need a serious shower, because you smell like a frat house," she said.
 
"You don't smell any better, you idiot! So keep your mouth shut and thank Kami you're not picking your molecules up off the floor!" Vegeta grumbled, lightly pushing her hand away. "Woman, you drive me insane!"
 
"Look I'll admit I was shocked to wake up next to you, but I'm actually not sorry I did. And like it or not, I'm your friend in a way," said Bulma.
 
"You're insane. I don't WANT you as a friend. Least of all a weak fool like YOU!" he mumbled.
 
"Well, I'm your friend so deal with it," Bulma laughed nervously. "Someone's gotta back you up."
 
"Idiot," Vegeta mumbled. "I don't want you as a FRIEND; I want you as something else!"
 
"I had hoped you would," she said quietly. Vegeta glanced away, blushing profusely.
 
“I don't need your mindless drivel,” he groaned.
 
“I'm glad that it was you I woke up with and not someone else. You probably saved me some major embarrassment. Because it's clear that whatever I thought I had with Bright Buns didn't look too attractive in the morning light. Not like you,” she said.
 
“At least you show that you have some taste in the company you choose,” Vegeta answered, taking her chin in his fingers. “I suppose you're not as big an imbecile as you often are.”
 
***
 
"Bulma are you pissing Vegeta off?" Yamcha mumbled as he walked into the room wearing plaid pajama bottoms. He carried a T-shirt and high topped sneakers. He sat down and began to dress in full view of her and Vegeta both.
 
“Yamcha, don't you have someone else to worry about?” Bulma asked quietly.
 
"Yeah but I'm just wondering if Vegeta's okay," Yamcha blearily nodded.
 
"Where's your purple haired woman?" Vegeta mumbled.
 
"Taking a shower," Yamcha shrugged.
 
"I'm amazed you're not pissed off at me," she said quietly, feeling very disappointed he hardly seemed broken up about finding her with Vegeta.
 
"Here, this should work," Yamcha said as he threw a pair of workout pants and a T-shirt at Vegeta.
 
"What's this?" he mumbled.
 
“Babe I know that we both have bad nights. I had no idea what was going down. I never should have invited those guys here had I know that this would happen,” Yamcha said.
 
“You did, and you shouldn't have. But I guess you blew it,” Bulma said, turning her back on him.
 
"So your Majesty, are you coming to eat with me or not? Because I'm NOT making 20 plates of eggs for nothing,” Bulma glared at him.
 
"Fine, just get me my clothes and stop pestering me!" he snarled.
 
"Get dressed and meet us downstairs," said Bulma. "And you need a SHOWER bud! You can use my bathroom."
 
“Bulma, wait,” Yamcha stammered.
 
"Why don't you go and take that girl of yours to breakfast," Bulma said. "I'll deal with Vegeta."
 
"Bulma... are you sure you know what you're doing?" Yamcha protested.
 
"I do, now get out of here okay?" Bulma sighed.
 
"Stop talking so loud you fools!" Vegeta bellowed.
 
“Vegeta, stay out of this,” Yamcha snapped at him. Vegeta's temper flared. Had he not felt so lousy he would have blasted the scar face on the spot.
 
“You wanted two females didn't you, weakling?” Vegeta said to a speechless Yamcha.
 
“This is NONE of your business you little troll!” Yamcha yelled at him, balling his fists.
 
“Want to make something of it bright buns?” Vegeta asked, raising his hand with the palm facing the baseball player.
 
“Vegeta, no ki in the house! This isn't the GR room. Now off to the shower pronto,” Bulma interrupted, moving around to grab Vegeta's wrist.
 
“Look Yamcha I don't know what all happened, but it's starting to come back, and I distinctly recall that you had your hands all over that little purple haired tart, and you didn't seem to CARE that your best friend wanted to grope me,” Bulma glared at him.
 
“You said it was all right to bring them, and I didn't hear you complaining, Bulma!” Yamcha shot back. “If you didn't WANT to do this you should have TOLD me!”
 
“I didn't know WHAT I wanted you dork! Had the thought occurred to you that maybe I didn't hear your little plan about sharing you with someone else? What makes you think that things were so bad between us you had to bring someone ELSE in to spice things up, huh?” Bulma challenged him, still shoving between a smirking Vegeta and an irate Yamcha.
 
“I wanted to make things interesting, so sue me! Is it wrong to try something fun?” Yamcha asked.
 
“Not when you aren't honest with me,” Bulma said.
 
“Would you have even gone for it? No, because you have to CONTROL every damn thing, Babe,” Yamcha said bitterly. His finger poked in the air only a few feet from them as he sauntered up.
 
“What are you talking about?” Bulma shrugged, clueless.
 
“Little Miss Princess who throws a fit when she doesn't get things her way that's who!” Yamcha exploded.
 
“Excuse me?” she shrieked. “I am NOT like that!”
 
“If the shoe fits,” Yamcha growled. “You little spoiled brat! How dare you try to make this MY Fault when you're JUST as much to blame as I am? For ten years I've done nothing but try and be what you wanted me to, and you know what? I'm done Bulma. If you can't accept me for WHOM I am, then SCREW YOU!”
 
“As entertaining as this is, I really am getting rather hungry, so if you don't' mind could you end this charade?” Vegeta suddenly interrupted, glancing at both of them.
 
“I NEVER tried to change you!” Bulma yelled back, wheeling around from where Vegeta stood with a ringside view of the argument. “I just wanted you to make up your mind if you were committed to ME or not! But all you cared about was how good you looked in the eyes of your fans!”
 
“Oh boy, that's bullshit! You never did give a shit about what I wanted did you? You never wanted to try anything MY way, Bulma!” Yamcha glared at her. “Well you know what, I'm SICK of you bossing me around like I'm not GOOD enough for you. Maybe you're not good enough for me! Maybe it's because after so many years I realized why I you and I never worked. Because you were such a major BITCH? And I let YOU walk all over me when I could have had someone who didn't try to wrap me around her damn FIGNER like some…”
 
“You asshole how DARE you!” Bulma shrieked, letting go of Vegeta and suddenly throwing herself at Yamcha. He put up his wrists, taking hold of them as he tried to stop her from hurting him.
 
“Get OFF of me! Ouch, what are you trying to do?” Yamcha yelled. .
She managed to get a stinging slap in before he shoved her hard away from him. Unfortunately he underestimated his strength and sent her tumbling into the wall. Had Vegeta not moved to catch her she would have broken several bones.
 
“OWW!” she yelped.
 
“Bulma are you okay?”
 
“You almost killed me you jerk!” she yelled at him. Vegeta simply stood her up again, moving back to let her fight her own battle. As much as he wished to step in, he didn't want to dishonor her at this moment.
 
“There you go blaming ME again! You know I'm stronger then you! Don't you realize that I could hurt you if I didn't…?” Yamcha yelled.
 
“A real man could control his strength!” Bulma blurted out.
 
“Well you know what Bulma, if you're so high and mighty, you can HAVE your alien Prince of Assholes. Cause the two of you deserve each other!” Yamcha blurted out, face flushed crimson with anger.
 
“FINE!” Bulma screamed.
 
“FINE!” Yamcha yelled back. “I'm DONE! It's OVER! And don't come crying BACK to me when his royal ASSHOLENESS dumps your butt!”
 
“I suggest you get out of here, loser,” Vegeta said, grabbing Bulma around the waist before she could attack him again. Like a hellcat she spit and kicked, her eyes gleaming with rage towards the baseball player. Sadly Yamcha stormed out, his face crumpled with equal fury. He took a last look at her before wandering out the door.
 
Bulma's chest heaved in and out. She felt Vegeta's arm restraining her gently, but not holding her tightly enough to hurt. HE released her, and stood apart from the panting heiress. Not sure of what to say, she fought back any tears.
 
“What are you looking at?” she glared at him.
 
“You. You're even uglier when you're angry,” he said quietly, with a small smirk.
 
“Get your ass into the shower before I kick it there,” she panted, momentarily distracted from her anger at her now ex boyfriend.
 
“It sounds like fun,” he smirked, wandering away. Glancing with a strange respect towards her, he disappeared into the bathroom. Bulma sat down on her bed in shock at what had just happened. The tears she expected to come were not there, and she found herself with a sad smile instead.
 
“It's his loss,” she thought quietly. “And you know maybe he's right. I am a spoiled brat…”
 
Rolling over onto her stomach she hugged her pillow and then sat up. With a last glance at the shower she slid her feet into her slippers and wandered downstairs to fix breakfast for Vegeta.
***
Fin