Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Depths of a Naked Heart ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Well hi! Ok this is the first story I’ve posted that has any bit of potential (I hope) and I really hope ya’ll like it! Please be nice, too! If you need clarifications wait ‘til later chapters to see if your question will be answered or if you’re impatient like me put it in your review and I’ll try to clear the air. Onward!
Prologue
Why...
This solemn word repeated rapidly through her mind.
‘Why?’
‘Why has he done this to me? Why has he stolen my heart and left me? He’s left me with nothing but the burdens of an unwanted love; with child.
The mark he has left upon me shall change everything. This child may bring about the destruction of an entire race…it–they–must remain a secret. The future of the Moon family depends upon this to be hidden.’
‘It shall be thus; hidden. I have sent my son away with him, and I will not see my daughter executed before me!’ she vowed. ‘Nor shall I die before the Council. I could never rest… and I shall never rest, until I see His face. I will see his face writhing in pain as I prepare the final blow. I will see him, dead!’
Her anger overpowered her previous thoughts of attempted soothing in the long run, and she’d had since given up retaining it. Against the fire within her eyes, a lone tear had found its way from her pale cheek onto the cold stone floor of her balcony. While the stars glittered in the distance and the moon’s shine caressed her smooth skin, the once silvery aura surrounding her had tinged a light shade of crimson.
With almost inaudible steps, a shadowed figure moved through the unoccupied bedroom. Gracing the newcomer’s shoulders was a dark blue traveling cloak with the hood pulled up, although, it could never hide the glowing insignia upon her forehead.
“Queen Serenity?” A melodic voice echoed off the walls, through the confused thoughts turned hateful of the Queen.
Turning her head so suddenly, Serenity glared at the disruptor of her privacy, trying to make her suffer a little inside; as she was. Although, it had no effect on the intruder.
“Are you here to tell me I was foolish, as well?” She asked, her anger running away with her once more. “If so, you are wasting both our time!” Serenity added harshly as the ‘guest’ opened her mouth to speak.
Having made her way to the chair Serenity was seated upon, while being snapped at, she looked down upon Serenity. Her eyes held pain in them. Her always inseparable friend was now turning against her.
“Serenity, you know I would never judge you that way. You are my best friend, as you have always been, but…,” she paused, “you must know… you are not alone.” She breathed a sigh of relief as she had successfully taken up Serenity’s hand in her own without suffering the consequences of, perhaps, a slap across the face.
The glare which was set deep in Serenity’s eyes dropped quickly, replaced with a stare of confusion. Upon seeing this, her friend sighed and placed Serenity’s free hand upon her own abdomen.
Rephrasing her statement, she said, “We will be with each other every step of the way.” She smiled, hoping that Serenity understood.
All hatred from earlier poured away, Serenity embraced her friend as tears welled up in both women’s eyes.
“Yes Aphrodite, my friend, we will get through this together.” Serenity cried happily and laughed with Aphrodite until each was puffy eyed and flushed.
Sleep my love, and peace attend theeAll through the night;Guardian angels I will lend thee,All through the night,Soft the drowsy hours are creeping,Hill and vale in slumber steeping,I my loving vigil keeping,All through the night.
Angels watching ever round thee,All through the night,In thy slumbers close surround thee,All through the night,They should of all fears disarm thee,No forebodings should alarm thee,They will let no peril harm thee,All through the night.
Queen Serenity softly sang the lullaby that often put her down to rest when she was a baby. Smiling fondly at the greatest possession she had, she tucked it snuggly into the primrose blankets. Her smile soon faded. She knew she would never be able to share these moments with him.
‘The cause of my beautiful treasures, the cause of my love, the cause who has taken two of my treasures along with him; He is. He must be with his wife, I cannot separate their love. Love…. Is all we shared lust? No, my heart burns for him, yet he loves another. We cannot be together and that is how it shall remain until the end of time.’
Serenity smoothed the baby’s hair gently, the tears springing to life once more as she saw how much her sweet treasure resembled him. The panging of her heart made it hard to breathe as the tears now flowed freely. With one more, deep look at the child before her, Serenity sobbed and turned away. Serenity walked brusquely towards her study to prepare herself for the Silver Alliance royal meeting of the Queens, leaving the child in the watch of her nurse.
Reaching her destination, Serenity closed the doors behind her and collapsed to the ground, crying more heavily than before.
The queens had arrived approximately two hours later; by that time Serenity had had the chance to clean herself up presentably. Sighing to herself, she entered the sitting room; where they consistently held their meetings. Thankfully, she found she came in unnoticed by the other women; for the time being. Raising her hand for silence, as they had now noticed she’d appeared, Serenity brought forth the subject each queen had wondered about endlessly; the safety of the Moon royals.
“Listen, for my daughter’s safety, and for the sake of my kingdom, the Saiyans mustn’t find out about her and what she is. The Saiyan Prince will soon be looking for a mate worthy of ‘carrying out the bloodline’.” Queen Serenity spoke with all meanings of the word ‘serious’ etched I each syllable.
“But your Majesty, their prince was born only a year ago. He cannot be a deranged, sex-driven, monkey-monster, yet. Your kingdom should be safe until he is at least seventeen years of age.” Aphrodite joked, a little, to liven up the occupants of the room. It had an effect on a few; some weary eyes brightened slightly.
“Even so, my friend, I cannot miss this opportunity to make an alliance with Earth, and I will not have my sweet daughter fall into those beasts’ hands” Serenity said in a slightly reprimanding tone, turning to anger upon her last words.
Aphrodite knew her friend was just covering her feelings with her words, right then. Only she knew of Serenity’s love for one particular ‘beast’ and the results of their love.
“Your word is law to us Serenity, but rumors have been circulating around the castle of the princess being part Saiyan. Are these accusations true?” Queen Amilé, of Mercury inquired.
Sighing, Serenity answered truthfully,” Yes, she is half Saiyan. I have altered her appearance to keep it secret. I do not wish for her to be beheaded.”
Aphrodite sent Serenity a smile to lighten her heart’s burden. Serenity smiled in return to thank her.
“Serenity, do you intend to inform the princess when she is older of what she is? She may want to know more of that part her heritage and become rebellious.” The queen of Mars, Queen Reidlyn, questioned.
Serenity answered her question as soon as her last syllable was out. “I will keep her grounded; she will learn what I will allow. She will not leave the palace without an escort with her. She may only travel to planets within the inner circle of the Alliance.”
“What year of the princess’s life will the Imperial Wedding take place?” Merésha, of Neptune asked.
“The wedding will commence on her seventeenth birthday. No matter the circumstances. The future of the Lunarian race depends on your efforts, and I trust that you won’t let me down.” Serenity replied with expectation.
“What of your son, Queen Serenity? What has become of him?” The woman, known as Queen Haléas of Jupiter, asked cautiously as she saw a small fire flicker in Serenity’s eyes.
“I have sent him to live with his father and the wife I suspect he now has.”
Serenity knew he had a wife when she had first met him. The thought of that added to her regret of ever loving that brute. “I have altered their memories to believe he is solely their child to keep my son safe. You all know what happens to Lunarians on Planet Vegeta… even half-Lunarians.” Her voice fell silent; tears were brimming in her glassy orbs.
Each being in the room nodded grimly. There was an awkward silence as each person replayed the stories they’d heard throughout the years of the Saiyans’ cruelty.
Breaking the silence, Serenity said,” Let us adjourn until next time, but please,” she lingered, “make me proud.” Her words faded to just above a whisper, silently pleading.
Each woman rose from her seat and bowed to each other, knowing that when they left, solemnly sworn to concealment was the new information on their princess’s heritage or that there ever was a Lunarian Prince.
š¯›
Alrighty then after a long time of procrastinating I finally posted the beginning, so Brittany you’d better be happy! Lol. You guys know the drill, read and review! See you next chapter! (Whenever that’ll be!)