Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Depths of a Naked Heart ❯ Imperial Ball ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Haha, well I am going to tell you now that really I’m not a big Darien fan, but for the sake of those who do like him, I won’t add my comments/insults about him here and there. I’ll leave that to you guys ;) I hope I can clear up any questions, if not just email. I’ll get back soon, trust me.

A young child is seen running through a garden of mystical crystal flowers with her golden hair rippling behind her. The garden held flowers ranging from alstroemeria and calla lilies to orchids and roses, all magically crystallized in their respective shades; the sparkles making the girl’s hair shimmer heavenly silver.
The child seemed to be running for dear life, only the smile on her face told otherwise. She was later accompanied by a small boy, and judging by how they laughed with each other as they ran, you could tell they were close.
Still running and laughing, the little girl’s small feet tripped over the hem of her dress, causing her to stumble forward onto the ground. The boy became protective and a concerned look came upon his face as he made his way over to the girl. He wiped away the tears on her face and examined her skinned knee. Smiling at the girl, he placed his hand upon her scrape, and his hand glowed upon her knee as it healed. The girl calmed and stopped crying. Smiling, she hugged the boy in front of her.
I love you, brother, ‘Ten.”
The boy replied, “I love you, sister, Sere.”
A girl, sixteen years of age, sat on a chair in the crowded ball room as she absentmindedly replayed the dream she’d been having for the past few nights, repeatedly.
‘Why does it keep coming back? Who is that little boy, “‘Ten”? Why did I call him ‘brother’? How does he have the same ability to heal as I do? What does this all mean?’ She thought as she stared blankly with her eyes unfocused yet set on a random object in front of her.
Her contemplations were interrupted by a masculine presence that had approached her without comprehension of his being there. She looked up at her company after a few moments passed.
“Princess, would you care to dance?” The Prince of Earth, her fiancé, asked with a dashing debonair smile.
Although she was thoroughly disgusted, she accepted his offer with a smile plastered to her face. Inside, she was screaming. As he brought her out to the dance floor, other couples parted to watch the pair. Each person in the room would say ‘what a perfect match they make’ or ‘how lovely, the Prince of Earth and a Princess of Venus’ at one point in the night. In reality though, they were nothing close to being a perfect match or lovely pair, nor was she, in truth, a princess of Venus.
She looked the part, though. Her hair was pulled out of the usual styling only to be put up as only those of Venus would, and her insignia had been changed by a simple spell. He, of course, was another story. He had his own idea of perfection, and he was it. He was incredibly conceited and didn’t spark her interest in any way.
“So, Sésha, how are you tonight? I’m fine, as always, of course. ” Serenity kept up a fake smile at the name, and she hadn’t expected a chance to answer. He’d talk about himself until he turned blue and then some. Unfortunately for her, he continued.
“It was very generous of Queen Serenity to host our wedding party. Don’t you think, love?” Serenity only nodded, she began to feel a shade of contempt for her own true mother for making her go through with this just for an alliance. ‘It’s for the good of our kingdom…’ words she’d heard many times over, now becoming highly irritating. A voice brought her back to the present.
“Do you suspect anyone is jealous of us, my love?” He derided the dreamy-eyed stares he received from the female observers, as he had the prettiest of them, by far, in his arms. His face clearly showed a look replying ‘Wish harder, ladies.’ “It’s only to be expected.” He scoffed.
Serenity hadn’t missed this, her smile faded quickly. ‘An early death is what I receive as a wedding present the day I’m to say ‘I do’.’ The thought made her sick, just as his touch did. His body even radiated his pomposity. No, she didn’t want any part of this.
By now the people had become colors as the effects of the previous quick paced song had stayed with her. She was about to faint if she didn’t get air. Without regards to being in the middle of the dance floor with hundreds of onlookers, she broke away from his arms. Straight to the garden was her destination.
The midnight air was more refreshing than anything she could remember. The stars shone so much brighter than she’d seen in a long time. She felt more complete out here, away from all the attention. Something seemed to pull her out here now and again; a kind of longing for something unknown.
Having too many thoughts can give you a headache, but being interrupted while pondering over too many thoughts can double the irritation. The newcomer was, in fact, as blonde as she was herself.
“Hey Sere, what was that about?” Serenity turned, suddenly, at the name; her true name.
“Mina, you know you’re not supposed to say my name!” Serenity exclaimed in a whisper. “We don’t know who’s listening!”
The Princess of Venus, in truth the sole one, laughed at her friend’s frightened antics.
“I didn’t. I said only a bit of it.” Mina replied coolly, not laughing but smiling now. Serenity narrowed her eyes at her ‘sibling’.
“It’s all the same! It’s supposed to be a secret, not only for my protection but–“Serenity’s speech ended quickly.
“–For the sake of the Moon Kingdom. I’ve heard that at least a million times, I’m sure I got it. I wouldn’t intentionally do that to you, Sere.” Mina clamped a hand over her mouth and innocently professed, “Oops.” She smiled at the glare being shot directly through her.
Intentionally, huh?Some sort of guardian you make.” Serenity attempted to shake her anger, which worked, for once. She turned her head back toward the stars. The feeling was still there; that feeling of belonging somewhere else.
Vaguely she heard a sigh and a ‘see you later’ behind her. She turned around moments later to reply, but Mina had already gone. Serenity smiled to herself, and stared out at the same bright star that caught her attention every night; the brightest star she had seen in her lifetime, to be exact. Some nights she’d even imagined what could fly to that dazzling star or a new world, beyond the star, that could rid her of this hell and take her to a paradise only met in dreams.
‘Only in dreams…I want a reality that cannot be, but I know these dreams are meant to be believed….I want them…to be real.’
Again, too many thoughts can give you a headache, and being interrupted while pondering too many thoughts can be double, no–triple–times the irritation! Now only one person could bring such an aura of hauteur, she knew before she turned around whom it would be. With all her might she tried not to gag, and bring herself to turn around.
“Darien” She plastered her fake smile on once more this night. “I apologize for my brash behavior. The heat of the room was getting to me, I guess.”
“It’s is quite alright, Sésha. Although it is rather chilly out here. We could make our own heat here. This heat should not be too much as back there was for you, you'll enjoy it.” He got a twinkle in his eye as the perverse thoughts ran through his mind; and Serenity, for her sake, did not miss it. Her face faulted to one of sheer revulsion, while she wormed out of his grasp.
“That, good sir, is to wait until after tomorrow’s processions. I trust you’ll be able to wait the day out” This façade was harder to keep up than the last. Any sensual intent sent in his direction was a waste. ‘This could possibly cripple a person if done too much.’ She thought.
This reminded Serenity of her goal tonight. ‘It’ll only be a matter of time.’ A voice cut through her trance.
“Well then, we shall dance once more. The night is still young and I can think of no other way to please you, milady.” His smirk told even a blind person that his mind was still lingering on his previous thoughts of ‘pleasing’.
“That would please me, greatly, but I do ask a small favor.” ‘Please me? Ugh, can we stop saying that word!’ She looked at him hopefully.
“Anything, my love.” Darien answered.
“No more fast songs.” Darien smiled his regular arrogant smile that worked to charm almost everyone….almost.
“Of course.” He turned about to the dance floor, offering his arm. “Shall we?” His arrogance level rose once again, Serenity could tell. She didn’t even grace him with a sweet reply, but she nodded her consent. Her eyes, however, stayed transfixed on the floor.
The music started and her feet moved, but she did everything in her power not to look into his eyes. All she would see were his dark orbs mocking her, and deciding what they’d do with her tomorrow. Unfortunately or fortunately, whichever you’d choose, there won’t be a tomorrow.
‘Not for your thoughts to become truth…not for me at all…’
Serenity knew what she would do. Of course, she had planned for months after the first day it was announced she was to be married. Marriage is one thing, and that’s not the scary part. It’s the night after that horrifies most, and she was no exception. A night spent with him would bring about despair that could kill…in seconds compared to a blade. Every slim moment of life after would seem an eternity.
Slow and delicate, the melody entrapped all of the bodies on the floor; persuading feet to move, hips to sway, and hearts to come together. Maybe all but one found another that could fulfill the other.
Still making an effort to avoid his deep hued eyes staring at her, Serenity diverted her gaze over his shoulder or anywhere possible. Many faces staring back at her pushed her head to the opposite side and back again. One face, however, trying hard to remain steadily shadowed held her gaze fixedly. No other possessed such an appearance as he, and he had his mesmerizing eyes set with.
The compelling possessor of those majestic features began to come forward, drifting from the shadows like a phantom. Those standing around them vanished in a single moment. The silent question was answered unspoken. Serenity, forgetting the one who so possessively held her, floated to the newcomer openly. Both became enveloped by the whispering music, still captivated by each other’s eyes.
A smile unlike the one worn for her uncouthly narcissistic fiancé graced her lips as the stranger held her close. A warmth unlike anything ever felt, filled her, yet she knew absolutely nothing about him. However, she did know that she wanted this moment never to end. Sadly, it always must.
“May I cut in?” Much to her horror, the sheer snobbishness in the man known to be her fiancé could never be quelled. Not even when he tries. She knew he meant his ‘charming’ phrase more like ‘May I have what is mine back, NOW?’ The floor seemed the only thing to console her at the moment, as she was to be handed over to the Hell once more.
“Certainly.” The stranger bowed to Serenity as he took up her hand, bringing to his lips. “Princess…” He smirked, nodding as he did so, and it looked amazingly sensuous on him. Then he left without so much as an adieu to the Prince of Earth.
The Prince of Slime turned to his soon, very soon-to-be bride. “Come my dear, let us resume, after that little intrusion.” It was obvious he was angry, but dancing once again with him, his pomposity too much to stand, made her head swim. He began to pull her closer.
“I must decline, my love,” Serenity hoped that didn’t sound too forced, “For I feel rather ill as of now. I do not dare risk it now; to stay could bring ill-fortune to you and me.” She hoped against hope that he had enough room for a brain to understand the meaning she held. Of course, no one would want to hear the details of one becoming overly sick; we all should know what that is.
“Then you must retire, for I wouldn’t want a sick bride on my hands tomorrow.” Obviously he understood, and for once he suggested something Serenity could agree with. She had not rested well in a long time.
“Yes, but what of the guests, my love? They wish to see the soon bride and groom together tonight.” It’s only natural that one would protest, and she played the part well.
“Off to bed with you! I will explain the situation to my soon-to-be mother-in-law Queen Aphrodite, Queen Serenity, and whoever asks of it. You must be at one hundred percent tomorrow, for I won’t have it any other way.” Darien kissed her on the forehead, probably trying to avoid the chance of catching something from her. He bowed to her and whispered, “I’ll see you tomorrow.”
His statement had a slight sing-song sound to it, and it reminded her of what was to come. Serenity’s eyes widened as she turned to the stairway that would prove a faster route to her room.
‘The sooner I get there, the faster the deed will be done…’ She’d almost forgotten it would be her birthday tomorrow, as well. ‘How fitting, to die on the same day as you were born.’
The only sound surrounding her now was the dull echo of her heels hitting the stone floor. No comfort heard from the beating, only solemnity.

Alrighty! That’s done! And just in case you are wondering I will describe the ‘stranger’s’ appearance in the next chapter, which on a good note should be out much faster than this one was! I hope nothing was confusing in this chapter. Please review! Thanks again, bye til later!