Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Z: Bloodlines ❯ World Tournament ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Master Roshi decided that he and Goku would train the new Saiyans. They were going to train the new Saiyans the same way that Roshi trained Goku and Krillin all those years ago. The four new disciples would get up at 4:30 each morning and deliver milk for 3 miles before breakfast. They either had to be running or skipping. Then they would till fields for farmers with their bare hands. Then they had to swim laps in a lake which was occupied with a shark. They even had to climb Korin's Tower without flying. They were sent up there to get the sacred water from Korin. They all did but eventually were told that it was just tap water. It took them all a week to get it.
 
Ten Years later.
 
Ion, Scatter, Leeta and Okara were training with Goku on the lookout. They were preparing for the World Tournament which was that weekend. Goku was training them to go Super Saiyan. The four of them were powering up
 

“Come on, guys. You can do it. It's about what you need not what you want. Think about what happened to your parents. Super Saiyan can only be achieved if you experience extreme emotion.” Goku said. They stood there powering up. Okara stood their trying to reach her maximum potential. Then her hair began to lift. She was thinking about her parents dying on the ship. Then she finally released all of her anger. She now had become a Super Saiyan. Everybody stopped and looked at her. Her hair turned blond and she had a gold aura around her. Leeta and Ion went back to focusing on themselves. They too thought about their parents. They too wanted to find whoever killed their parents. They both released their anger. Their hair lifted and turned gold. They too were Super Saiyans. Scatter was left. He tried so hard to turn but couldn't do it. He thought about his mother aboard the ship when it exploded. He loved his mother dearly and wanted to find out who was after them that day. His hair lifted and formed into locks but it stayed brown. He finally lost his strength and collapsed to the ground. He was exhausted from all that energy output. He looked at the other three, who were watching him and waiting for him to turn. He felt foolish and embarrassed. He was disappointed in himself as a Saiyan. He was angrier because of the fact that Okara had turned first. It wasn't fair; she always was the first to do everything. She beat him in the training exercises, she beat him in grades at school, and what was worse, she beat him in the sparring matches that they had. He was now furious. He just wanted to get away from everyone.
“To hell with this, I'm outta here.” Scatter said. Scatter flew off and away from the lookout.
“Scatter, wait.” Okara called out to him but it was too late. She jumped into the air and flew after him. Scatter flew through the air, looking for the one person that could help him, Vegeta. He found him outside of Capsule Corp. He landed next to him.
“Vegeta, I need your help. I can't go Super Saiyan like the others. Kakarot's plan isn't working.” Scatter said. Vegeta stood there for a moment pondering the thought. Then he looked to the sky and saw Okara approaching.
“Well, first off you'd have to stop me from doing this.” Vegeta said as he jumped in the air and engaged Okara. Vegeta turned Super Saiyan and began to fight Okara. Okara fought back but was no match for Vegeta. Scatter was getting angry.
“STOP IT, VEGETA!” He yelled, but Vegeta wasn't listening. He jumped into the air and went after him. He tried to get Vegeta to stop but Vegeta was handling both of them with ease. Vegeta pummeled Okara to the ground. She was barely conscious. Scatter was getting even angrier. Then something happened. Scatter's hair was flashing. Vegeta stopped his attack. Scatter was starting to twitch. With every twitch his hair turned gold. “VEGETA! Don't do it, you'll kill her. Okara is like a sister to me but I do want to beat her. I won't let you take that away from me. My mother may have been taken from me but there is one thing that a Saiyan always keeps and that's his PRIIIIDE!
At that moment Scatter released his anger. He had gone Super Saiyan. He charged at Vegeta and roundhouse kicked Vegeta into the air. Scatter chased after him. He teleported behind Vegeta and clasped his hands together and slammed them into Vegeta's back. Vegeta hit the ground causing an explosion of dirt and rock. Vegeta got back to his feet. Scatter landed. He was ready to go again. Vegeta just stood there looking at the new Super Saiyan. He smirked. The two young Saiyans looked at Vegeta wondering why he did that.
“My job here is done.” Vegeta smiled impishly.
“What? You mean you planned this?” Scatter asked.
Vegeta's smile faded. He nodded then took to the air and left. Okara and Scatter looked at each other and shrugged. They jumped into the air and returned to the lookout.
 
 
 
 

The group arrived to the World Tournament ring. They walked down the sidewalk leading into the ring. They looked around at all the scenery. People crowded around food and gaming stands. There were hundreds of people waiting to see the matches. Goten, Trunks, Scatter, Ion, Okara, Leeta walked into the preliminary building. The rest of them went up to the upper floor of the main building to watch from there. There were eight rings. They all picked a number and they all were stationed at different rings. All six of them had no trouble going through the preliminaries. The other two winners from the other two rings were Camino and Vilarian. Once they were all done they went out to the floor and picked a numbered ball to be placed on the board. Scatter walked up first and picked a ball. He picked three. Ion went next. He picked seven. Goten picked one. Leeta picked six. Okara picked five. Camino picked eight. Trunks picked two and Vilarian picked four.
 
“Ladies and Gentlemen, our first match is Goten and Trunks. The two half Saiyans entered the ring. They looked at each other.
“I think this match will happen just like it did when we were kids.” Trunks said.
“Nah, this time I'll win.” Goten said.
“Begin!” Trunks jumped backwards then sprang forward towards Goten. Goten jumped into the air and flipped over him. Trunks turned around and kicked Goten as soon as Goten turned around. Goten landed on his back and then jumped back to his feet. Goten charged again. Trunks sidestepped Goten and Goten flew right by. Trunks fired an energy ball and hit Goten in the back. Goten shot into the air and Trunks flew after him. They battled in the air, punching and kicking each other. Trunks clasped both of his hands, brought them above his head and then smashed them into Goten's head. Goten fell into the stadium arena. Trunks landed next to him. Goten wasn't moving. He knelt down next to his friend. Goten shot his eyes open and tripped Trunks with his foot. Trunks shot back to his feet. The two half Saiyans charged. They both kicked each other in the face and spun horizontally and hit the ground. Then they both shot up into the air. The battle continued in the air. They were wearing each other out. Trunks teleported behind Goten and backhanded him into the edge of the arena. The edge of the arena wasn't stable enough to stop Goten's descent. The edge crumbled and Goten fell out of bounds.
 
“Trunks is the winner. Next up is Scatter vs. Vilarian.” The announcer said. Scatter stood on the platform. Then Vilarian stepped up. Scatter charged and punched Vilarian across the face. Scatter punched him in the stomach then teleported behind him, elbowed him in the back of the head, and then kicked the back of his knee causing him to collapse. Scatter backed off.
“Come on. How do you expect to beat me?” Just then Vilarian powered up. His power level was high. Scatter stood there in shock. “Good answer, good answer.” Scatter fired minor energy bolts at his opponent but they were just knocked away. Vilarian grabbed Scatter by his leg, lifted him up and slammed him into the ring's floor. He then grabbed Scatter by his shoulder and leg and slammed him into his knee. He let go of Scatter. As Scatter was falling, Vilarian kicked Scatter into the air. He was almost out of the ring. Scatter stumbled to his feet. He mustered what energy he had left and took off towards Vilarian. Scatter and Vilarian slowly circled each other in the air. Vilarian then put his hand on Scatter's chest, sent and energy blast into him and pushed him at the same time. The blast sent Scatter out of the ring and into the stadium wall. Scatter fell to the ground. Everybody in the upper floor of the main building shot towards the window. They were shocked that Scatter lost.
“Who is this guy?” Bulma said. “He must be incredibly strong if he beat Scatter.” Master Roshi looked at the guy. He observed his movements and his looks. His black pointy style hair was a dead giveaway.
“He's a Saiyan.” Roshi said. Everybody practically jumped out of their seats.
“What?!” They all said at once.
“How can he be a Saiyan?” Krillin asked. Scatter walked into the room and over to the window.
“Man, that guy can pack a punch.” Scatter said as he sat down next to Goten.
“Do you know who he is?” Bulma asked as she gave him an ice pack. Scatter shook his head.
“No, but he did look a bit familiar.” Scatter said as he put the ice pack on his head.
“He's a Saiyan.” Roshi said. Scatter's eyes went big. He looked back at Vilarian.
“There's no possible way that is him.” Scatter said.
“Who?” Chi Chi asked.
“Saukon. When we were saved from the ship, there were originally five of us. He was separated from the rest of us and we thought that he was dead. Kakarot even said that he couldn't sense his life energy. I wonder why he has come back after all these years. And if that is him then why didn't he say something to me when we entered the ring.”
“He might feel sour towards you guys for abandoning him. He hasn't done anything yet but we'll have to stay on our guard with him. I have a feeling that we're going to have some trouble with him. ” Piccolo said. Scatter pondered the thought. It made sense for Saukon to feel that way. Scatter returned his attention to the ring.
 
 

“Next up is Okara vs. Leeta.” The two of them entered the ring. She and Leeta were like sisters. They both knew that they had to do their best against one another to make it to the next round. The fight began and the two of them were evenly matched. With every punch and kick that Okara threw, Leeta came back with one of her own. They danced across the ring, hitting and punching each other. After awhile Okara noticed that Leeta was fatigued. Okara charged at Leeta. Leeta put up her arms to defend the attack. Okara outmaneuvered the defense. She kicked Leeta in the stomach then punched her in the face. Leeta fell to the arena floor. Okara leapt backwards to give themselves some space. Leeta stumbled to her feet and Okara readied herself for an attack. But the attack never came. Leeta collapsed and passed out. Okara ran to her side.
“Leeta, are you ok?” Okara asked as she picked up Leeta. “I'm so sorry.” Leeta mustered up enough strength to talk.
“It's ok. I understand that you had to do what you did.” Leeta forced herself to form a smile with what strength she had left. Okara smiled back as she took Leeta to the infirmary.
“Wow! What true sportsmanship. Okara beat Leeta now she is taking her to the infirmary. That was a great fight. Now we have Ion and Camino.” The two entered the ring. They stood facing each other. Camino looked to the sky and raised his hand to block the sun out of his eyes.
“Perfect.” Ion looked at him with confusion. Ion leapt towards him. Camino did the same. At the last second, Camino flipped over Ion. He was about to kick Ion but Ion teleported behind Camino. Camino realized this and he did the same. They both teleported all over the arena. Nobody could follow the fight.
“Wow that Camino guy is keeping up with Ion.” Krillin said.
“Yeah, he is amazing.” Videl said. They continued to watch the new guy fight their friend. Camino began to notice a pattern in Ion's teleporting. Every 5 teleports, Ion would land right next to the edge. Sure enough he landed next to the edge and it was now time for Camino to strike. He threw an energy ball at Ion and it hit him in the chest and knocked him out of bounds.
“Camino is the winner. Now on to round two. First up is Trunks and Vilarian.” Trunks entered the ring looking at Vilarian. He didn't know what to expect from this guy. He had totally annihilated Scatter. The announcer gave them the go ahead and Trunks decided he couldn't wait for Vilarian to strike. He needed to make the first move. Trunks launched an energy ball at his opponent. Vilarian just knocked the attack aside.
“This guy reminds me of Brolly.” Trunks thought. Trunks teleported right next to Vilarian. Vilarian acted as if he knew where Trunks was going to teleport. He grabbed Trunks before Trunks could do anything and slammed him into the arena floor. Vegeta shot up out of his seat and cried in protest.
“Come on ref, this isn't a fair fight. Do something about it.” Vegeta demanded. The ref ignored Vegeta. “Ref, do you not know who or what I am. I'm a Saiyan warrior not an insect that you can just ignore.” The ref looked up at Vegeta casually then turned back to the fight and continued to ignore the Saiyan prince. “Oh what the…..that's it. Gallic gun.” Bulma reached up and grabbed Vegeta's arm and stopped him from doing the attack. “Oh damn it to hell.” Vegeta reluctantly sat down.
Trunks jumped away to avoid being hit. He put his hands to the left side of his hip.
“Kaaa-meee-haaa-meee-HAAA!” He fired the kamehameha wave towards his opponent but Vilarian stood there. He held out his hands and held the wave in place. He then kicked the wave into the air. Vilarian phased out of sight then reappeared in front of Trunks. He grabbed the battered Trunks by the neck and held up his other hand to Trunks's face and fired an energy ball into the half Saiyan's face. He landed out of bounds and completely beaten. The battered Trunks slowly stood up. Goten and Scatter, who had ice packs taped to them, appeared next to him and caught him before he dropped. They carried him to the infirmary.
“Vilarian is the winner. Next up is Okara and Camino.” They walked into the ring. Okara was intrigued by this fighter. He was strong for having to beaten a Saiyan. They charged towards each other Camino landed some powerful hits while Okara did the same. Okara was surprised that Camino could keep up with a Saiyan. He should have been worn out keeping up with Ion but he is keeping up with Okara too. Camino flipped backwards and held his hands together in front of him. Then his shadow separated from him and then grew to his height. The shadow formed an exact clone of him. The two charged at Okara. Camino flipped over Okara. Okara fired an energy ball at the Camino clone and then turned around to face the real Camino.
“Kamehameha.” Okara yelled as she hit Camino at point blank range. Camino was tossed out of the ring. Camino stumbled to his feet and Okara could barely stand. Okara walked up to Camino and held out her hand in friendship. “Good fight.” Camino shook her hand.
“Come on up to the upper level where my friends are and I'll introduce you to them.”
“There will be an intermission between now and the next round so the fighters can catch a break. It will begin in 10 minutes.” The announcer said. The two fighters walked up to the upper level. Everybody looked at Camino and Okara was they walked into the room. Everybody this is Camino. Camino waved to everybody.
“You're a hell of a fighter.” Roshi said. Camino nodded and smiled.
“So what is your back story?” Krillin asked.
“Well, the remnants of the Red Ribbon Army still terrorize the area. Even though they have no reason to they still do it. I have trained all my life to help out my village and defeat the Red Ribbon Army. My mother has told me stories of a young boy who saved them from the Red Ribbon Army and destroyed Muscle tower.”
“That young boy's name was Goku.” Bulma said. “Who is your mother?”
“Her name is Snow.”
“Oh, I remember Goku talking about her. Goku is the father of these two standing over there.” Bulma said pointing to Gohan and Goten. “He is the grandfather of Pan over here.”
“Oh, how small the world is.” Camino said.
“I gotta get back down to the ring. I'll see you after I win.” Okara said as she walked out the door. Roshi tried to stop her to tell her about Vilarian before she left but she didn't hear him. She stepped into the ring to face Vilarian. Vilarian wasted little time attacking Okara. He teleported behind Okara and kicked her across the ring. She put her hands down on the ring and flipped to her feet. She powered up to Super Saiyan. Vilarian did the same. He powered up as well. His hair turned blond. This stunned everybody including Okara. He charged at the surprised Okara. She reacted quickly. She teleported behind him and kicked him in the back. He flew across the ring. He turned around and flew back at Okara who did the same. They met in the middle and attacked at a fast pace. They finally hit each other hard enough to knock each other away.
“Who are you?” Okara asked.
“The name is Saukon. Don't you remember?” Okara's eyes widened.
“I do remember you. But we thought you died when out ship crashed. Why didn't you find us when you got out of the ship?”
“My hatred allowed me to survive. My hatred for you, the others the ones who saved you. Especially the one you call Kakarot Why didn't you save me?”
“We thought you were dead.”
“No I didn't die. After you guys had left, I thought I was trapped and was certain I was going to die. But when the hull buckled because of the stress of the water surrounding the ship I waited for the water to fill the ship and I escaped through one of the holes in the ship. I resurfaced and found no trace of anyone. I came across a group of soldiers that helped me. And soldiers were what remained of the Red Ribbon Army.” When Camino heard that his eyes grew. “Now it's time that I kill you.” Okara knew she had to finish this. She held her hands at her side and gathered her ki.
“Kaaa-meee-haaa-meee.” She used her instant transmission to teleport behind Saukon and released the wave. “HAAA!” The blast sent Saukon over the edge. Saukon was knocked out of the ring. Okara had won the match but not according to Saukon. He charged at Okara while she wasn't looking. She turned around to see Saukon almost on top of her.
“Special Beam Cannon, FIRE!” Piccolo fired his attack and hit Saukon in the face. Saukon took the full attack and fell to the ground. His eyes were lifeless.
 
Scatter and Trunks were both sitting down with packs of ice on their heads when they realized what had happened. They both shot up throwing their ice packs to the side and flew out the window. All of the Z fighters flew out to Okara's side. The tournament medics came running out to the body. They put the body on a stretcher and took it away. Okara was a little shaken. Leeta put her hand on Okara's shoulder.
“Did you hear what he said?” Okara asked. The other Saiyans nodded.
“He's gone now.” Piccolo said.
“I just can't believe that he came back.” Ion said. “We've done everything together when we were on the ship. He comes back and full of hatred for us. It's unbelievable.”
 
The announcer interrupted them. “Ok, sorry for the disruption folks but the show must go on. Now it is the final match between Okara and Mr. Satan.” The Z fighters flew back up to where they were before Saukon attacked to watch the final bout. The two fighters entered the ring. Okara wasn't sure what she thought of Mr. Satan. Yeah, she liked him as a person but he was a fake. The fight began. Okara charged at the champion and didn't hold back. She was relentless. Mr. Satan did have a few opportunities but he didn't take advantage of them. Okara threw Mr. Satan across the ring. Okara charged again getting ready to finish the fight.
 
“Mr. Satan is the World Champion according to these people. If I beat him, he will lose everything.” She cocked her arm back. Satan clinched his body anticipating the blow, but it never came. Satan opened his eyes to find that Okara had missed.
“Attack me. Hit me.” She whispered. Satan did as he was told. He punched her across the face then grabbed her arm and threw her out of the ring. Okara landed on her back and rolled over on her stomach. She just lied there thinking about what she had done. She sighed as she put her face down into the ground.
 
The announcer came over to Mr. Satan and raised Satan's arm in the air, declaring him as the winner and the crowd cheered.