Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Even If She Hates Me ❯ She Hates Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ChiChi's POV
This was it. Today was going to be the day. I'm going to terminate my marriage.
Everything I had dreamed of had been exactly that; dreams. Goku never helps me with the housework, never spends the day with me just talking, and never does anything even slightly romantic. Instead he spends his time with his friends. In the morning he would, after eating yet another large breakfast I had made for him, would go to the Kame House or Bulma's and talk with them. Spar with them. Spend all day with them.
Then when it was time for dinner he might come home. If he were hungry enough, and even then, he wouldn't come until over an hour after dinner had been ready. Then he would quickly eat, and declare that he was tired and wanted to go to bed.
It hadn't been like this right away, for a while it actually had looked like my dreams were coming true. He would always thank me for the meals I made him, would kiss me all the time, what seemed like hundreds of times a day. It had lasted for all of two weeks. After those two short weeks of bliss is when he started leaving all the time. Now if I didn't kiss him it seemed we would never kiss again, he had certainly stopped initiating any kind of physical affection.
But enough is enough; I can't stand being in a one-sided marriage any longer. I'm getting the marriage annulled, and I'll be telling Goku tomorrow, I want to have just one more night with him before he leaves. Because after tonight, he'll be gone. He'll leave me and I'll never get to make love with him again. It would probably be the last time I'll ever be making love to anyone. I can't see myself ever being with another man.
It's my fault really, I never should have forced Goku to marry me. I could force him to do that, but I could never force him to love me the way I love him. I'm not quite sure how Goku is going to react to all of this, but he he'll most likely be relieved. Who would want to be married to someone they don't love?
So I have to get out of this before it's too late. Before I completely ruin Goku's life. And before things get any more complicated, like making sure I don't get pregnant. I shuddered at the thought. It was hard enough having a husband that didn't really care, how could a child ever understand that his or her father would rather spend time with his friends and spar more than he wanted to with his child?
I absolutely refuse to put a child through that. I know through experience how hard it is for a child to only have one parent, but it had to be undoubtedly worse when the parent that is one was gone by choice.
I have to do this, I have to get out of this marriage.
Never mind the fact that I've been in love with Goku since I was twelve. Never mind the fact that the day I married him had been the happiest of my life. Never mind the fact that I would almost rather die than not have him in my life.
Goku's POV
I smiled as I flew home, dinner was probably all done, and after training all day I sure am hungry. Not only that, but I can't wait to see ChiChi, she'll probably yell at me for being late, but I don't mind. Sure I get a bit scared when she yells at me… Okay, I'm sometimes terrified when she yells at me, and she can even manage to hurt me when she gets mad enough. But I actually think it's kinda funny when she starts swinging that frying pan around, and would make everyone else run for cover.
Yep, ChiChi is definitely special, not only could she scare the living daylights out of even Piccolo, an evil guy that's was hell bent on killing me, but she was also very pretty. Not Bulma pretty, but that's the way I like it. Bulma's pretty is all kinda fake, with all that stuff all over her face, and that smelly perfume. I much prefer ChiChi's natural beauty to Bulma's fake beauty, ChiChi doesn't need any of that, and she's already perfect. Heck, she can even spar with me. And in my opinion, she's the world's best cook.
I looked down, and was surprised to see that I had already reached the house. That was another thing, I'm always loosing track of time whenever I start thinking about her. I'd been doing that today while sparring with Tien, and had paid dearly for it. It was definitely a good thing they'd had some sensu beans, or I would still have several broken bones and quite a bit of burnt skin.
I quickly landed and walked inside, mentally preparing myself for the tongue-lashing I will most likely receive. I can already smell fried chicken and rice. Yummy. I followed the smells to the table, where ChiChi was sitting, seemingly in deep thought.
I immediately sat down and started to eat. "Hi ChiChi!" I said around the food I had in my mouth, "How was your day?"
"My day was just fine Goku. How was your day?"
"Oh, I had lots of fun, I bet I got loads stronger."
I continued to eat, but ChiChi just sat there. Something didn't seem quite right. She seemed to be thinking about something really serious.
"ChiChi, are you okay?"
"Of course. In fact, I'm feeling rather…" She gave me a look, as if to make sure that if I didn't understand what she meant, I definitely would once I looked at her.
"ChiChi, not that I would want to complain, but I'm still eating, and I'm really, really hungry." I said in a somewhat wining voice. I haven't eaten nearly all day!
"You sure?" she said and got up, then came over to me. She grabbed my chin and brought her lips to mine. The kiss was full of passion, and she tastes so good. I groaned, knowing that the food was going to wait until morning.
"Hmm, that's not fair." I told her when she pulled away slightly.
She shrugged, and kissed me again, only this time she deepened the kiss gently and pulled me towards our bedroom.
ChiChi's POV
Last night had been amazing, Goku had really wanted more than he had first let on. Only for the past two hours had he been sleeping, since we had spent the entire night loving each other. Or I had been loving him…. I know he was able to tell that there was something different about last night, but he hadn't taken the time to ask. I lay there in his arms, content for now just to be near him. To feel his warmth and his light breathing coming down onto the top of my head.
Never have I felt more relaxed and safe than when I am in his arms. The thought of not having that anymore once I tell Goku about my decision made me feel sick to my stomach. But there isn't anything I can do about it. Goku probably does like me, but he doesn't love me.
I could suddenly feel Goku shifting beside me.
"Morning ChiChi."
"Morning Goku." Even I can hear the hollowness in my voice.
"ChiChi, is something wrong?" he asked, and when I tried to avoid looking at him, but he grabbed my chin and turned my face so we were looking each other in the eyes.
"Why would you think that?" I asked him, trying to delay the inevitable. Why did he have to do this? I want to stay here, in his arms all day. Forget all about what I had been planning to do and just stay with him.
He frowned, something I have rarely seen him do. "ChiChi, please tell me what's wrong. I'm your husband, and you told me when we got married that husbands and wives don't keep secrets from each other, so tell me."
"Fine, I'll tell you." I answered. I had wanted to wait just a little bit longer, enjoy being near him. But he wasn't giving me a choice. Sitting up I turned so all he could see was my back. "I… want an annulment."
"What's so bad about that? Just… tell me what that is and I'll gladly go get it for you." He said naively. Sweet, sweet Goku, he doesn't even know what an annulment is. I hate this, but I'm just going to have to explain it to him. It was bad enough having to say it out loud, but having to explain it?
"Goku, an annulment is when a married couple that has only been married for a few months decide that they don't want to be married any more." There, I said it.
"ChiChi… Are you saying you don't want to be married to me any more?" his voiced seemed robbed of all emotion, all but what seemed to be panic. I must be imaging things…
I closed my eyes tightly, trying to concentrate on what I'm doing. If I don't, I would probably just break down crying and tell him that I didn't mean it, that I really wanted to be with him forever. But I couldn't let that happen, I had to do this.
"Yes."
Goku's POV
One word. With that one word I felt I could feel my entire world slipping away through my fingers. She doesn't want to be married to me. I try to say something, anything. I want to tell her that I'd do anything to change her mind. But I couldn't, I couldn't make any sound come out. My mouth didn't seem to be working, but I was sure that my legs were.
I quickly recoiled from her, as if her skin were poisoned. Then I got off the bed and quickly got dressed.
"Goku… what are you doing?"
I didn't answer, I just couldn't. I looked at her, and then turned and ran.
I ran as fast as I could, I felt an over-whelming need to get away from her, away from the person that had just managed to hurt me so badly, worse than and kick, punch, or ki blast. I continued this, running as fast as I could, for as long as I could, and after what must have been hours, I collapsed.
I tried to clear my mind, but couldn't. All I could think about was her. About how she doesn't love me any more. She probably never had… and to marry me, to make me truly happy and then hurt me in such a cruel way… She must hate me.
For why else would she do such a thing? That thought came to me over and over, refusing to leave my mind.
`She hates me.'