Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Even If She Hates Me ❯ I'm All Alone ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHICHI'S POV
After Goku ran out, I realized I was right. Goku had been so profoundly happy when he realized what getting an annulment would mean, he had run off. He couldn't wait to get away from me.
The thought made me feel void of everything. This is the first time in my life that's it has ever hurt to be right about something.
Goku is probably already at the Kame House, telling his friends about how he's finally free of me.
I forced myself to stop thinking about that. Now isn't the time to torture myself by thinking about things like that.
I need to get out of here, but first I need to figure out where I'll go.
Dad would definitely be willing to let me move back home. But no… I couldn't just go back home to him. I'm not some little girl that can go to my father for help all the time. I'm a grown woman, and it's time I start taking care of myself.
So, the first thing I'll have to do is find a job, which means I'll have to go where there are jobs. The city. And the nearest one is Orange Star City.
Slowly, I got out of bed, trying to think of what I should bring with me. I'll definitely bring my clothes. And I'll have to take the car so I can get to the city sometime today. I'll probably have to use it as a house too.
I quickly got dressed. I'll need to hurry to get there before nightfall. So I grabbed some trash bags and started stuffing my clothes into them, capsules aren't horrible expensive but they weren't really in our budget, so I would just have to make do.
I grabbed my hairbrush, toothbrush, and toothpaste and put them in with my clothes.
I have almost everything I could need. There's just one more thing. I went to the nightstand and opened the drawer, and grabbed the one thing I kept in there. I had planned to give it to Goku when I finished it as a present.
The photo album I had started.
Right now it only has pictures from our wedding, which filled up about a quarter of it. I had been planning to fill it up over the next few years, with pictures of anniversaries, birthdays, friends. And maybe even, in a few years, have some pictures of a few kids in there.
But now it was as full as it would ever get.
I put it in the bag with the other things. I grabbed the bag and went out back to the car. Then I just got in, and started driving away from the one place I had thought I would never want to leave.
Goku's POV
I opened my eyes slowly, not that I want to get up.
I can't believe ChiChi doesn't want to be with me anymore.
It just hurts, knowing she hates me. It's a pain far worse than I have ever experienced.
But this isn't at all like any of the other kinds of pain. Those I had been able to block from my mind until I could get them healed. This I can't ignore, or heal.
Or could I? Maybe, just maybe ChiChi didn't mean it when she said she wanted the annulment. She might just be mad at me for always being late for dinner, and trying to teach me a lesson. So that means if I apologize, then she might stay married to me!
I stood, and immediately concentrated on finding her energy. She isn't home. I started searching all over, and found it, miles and miles away from home not far from the city. What was she doing all the way out there?
So I started flying. It took nearly a half-hour to fly there. It wouldn't normally take so long, but I haven't eaten in so long, I feel drained of my energy. But now I can see her, driving in the car that Bulma had given us as a wedding present.
"ChiChi!" I yelled as I descended, and landed not far inn front of the car, so she would have no choice but to stop.
She immediately hit the brake, and the car came to a halting stop.
"Goku..." she stared at me as soon as she turned the car off and she didn't seem too happy to see me. Maybe this wasn't such a great idea...
"Where are you going ChiChi?"
"I... That doesn't matter Goku. What I want to know is what you're doing here."
"I came to find you ChiChi."
She paused, and for a split second, it almost looked like she was going to smile, but stopped at the last second. "Really... Why Goku?"
Why? How could she not know why?
"I wanted to know if you meant what you said earlier. If you actually want an annulment." It hurts just to say it, hurts a lot. But it'll be worth if she says she doesn't want it, if she'd rather stay with me than leave me.
"Why wouldn't I mean it?"
I could feel my heart shatter at her words. She meant it. She actually wants this, to get away from me. To not have to see me any more.
"Why did you ask me that Goku?"
Because I don't want you to get away. Because I'd rather die than live without you.
That's what I wanted to tell her. But I can't. I don't want to make her feel guilty about doing this, and then decide to stay with me only because she feels sorry for me. I just can't do that to her, I have to let her go.
I looked away, not really wanting to see her right now. "No reason ChiChi. Forget I said anything." I turned around, I just had to get away. "Goodbye ChiChi."
CHICHI'S POV
I watched as he flew away, dumb founded. I had almost thought he had come to stop me. To get me to stay with him, because he realized he loves me.
Kami I'm such an idiot!
I hit the gas, wanting now more than ever to get away and start a new life. A life where Goku wouldn't be able to hurt me anymore.
I felt a familiar sting in my eyes, and did nothing to stop the tears from coming down my face. I can't believe I thought he had wanted me back. What was I thinking? I know he doesn't love me.
But then, why had he come out here?
I continued to drive, wondering, when it suddenly hit me.
All he had wanted was to be sure he was free of me. Well he wouldn't ever have to worry about that again.
Angrily I now wiped the tears that had been on my face. I can't keep letting him do this! I can't keep letting him break my heart.
I looked ahead of me. I can see buildings in the distance. I'm nearly there, it had taken six hours of driving, but I had made it.
I looked at my watch, it was nearly seven at night. I won't be able to find a job tonight that's for sure. So I parked the car by the side of the road, I'll go into the city tomorrow morning, since I don't want to waste money paying for a room.
But I wish I had thought to bring some food with me, I haven't eaten all day, and I did skip dinner last night.
I leaned against my window, and forced myself to clear my mind. It would be a lot harder to sleep tonight. Last night I'd had Goku beside me, wrapping his arm around me.
But now I'm all alone.