Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Even If She Hates Me ❯ The New Job ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ChiChi's POV
"So Miss Son, what kind of qualifications do you have, that would make you qualified to watch my children?" Mr. Llama asked coolly, leaning back in his expensive leather chair.
"I cook, clean, and I took care of some of the children in my village when it was called for." I answered calmly, not allowing any of my nervousness show. It had been nearly three weeks since that night I had spent in my car, which I'll have to sell soon if I don't get a job.
"Yes, but what do you clean and cook? I know full well that cooking and cleaning often seems to mean my girls doing dishes and ordering take out for the past nannies I have hired."
"Anything and everything. I'll do windows and clean you oven. I'll cook even better, I've been told I'm the best." It was true. Goku had often complimented my cooking, if nothing else.
"And what of your family relations? I don't want someone who's going to be constantly going to see her mother, or her boyfriend for that matter."
"No need to worry about that either," she paused, but willed herself to continue, "I don't have a mother, and I'm going to be divorced as soon as the papers have been signed. And you needn't worry about me sulking over him, I ended the marriage, so there won't be any problem."
He looked surprised, but then smiled. "Well then, Miss Son, you're hired. I don't have time to interview too many women; I'm going out of town soon, so I have to have someone, and your definitely the most qualified." He stood and stuck out his hand.
I also stood and shook his hand. She had done it, she finally had a job. It would work out well too. I would be a live in nanny, so I would have free room and board, and I would even get free food. Basically all she had to do is what she had been doing for Goku, and take care of the two girls. In fact it would probably be easier than being married to Goku, since the girls weren't likely to eat as much as an army, or completely destroy their clothes because that had been burned up by a ki attack.
"Thank you very much, but it's not going to be Son much longer. That's my husband's sur name. Call me Miss Ox if you insist on being so formal. But I'd prefer if you and your girls called me ChiChi."
"Alright ChiChi," he said, sitting down in his chair again, " you go right on upstairs, your room is the first to the right. Go make yourself comfortable, the girls will be home from school in a little more than two hours time."
I nodded at him, then turned and went up to my new room. I quickly put all my things away and then observed where I'll be living for I have no idea how long. The room was huge, more than half the size of my and Goku's entire house. No, it was only Goku's house now.
I mentally smacked myself for thinking of Goku yet again. I needed to stop, all it does is depress me, and it doesn't me any good to miss someone that was probably ecstatic about my departure.
I looked at the room again, noticing the floral theme. Everything, the walls, the furniture, the mirrors, all was covered with a red rose print. The room really was quite beautiful. There was no point in just standing there, so I unpacked my things from my trash bags and started putting everything away.
It didn't take long considering how few things I actually have, so I decided to get downstairs. It was nearing four, so I stated looking through the cabinets and the refrigerator to find something to make for dinner. I soon found a turkey and some veggies. Now, how much would two adults and two children eat?
Certainly not as much as I had recently gotten used to fixing, but if there are any leftovers I can always have them for lunch tomorrow. So I got out a pot, put the turkey in, them some chopped up carrots, potatoes, and onions before adding a blend of spices. I popped it in the oven, them got out sugars, eggs and some cherries to make a pie. I've made so many for Goku I hardly have to think when I do, as if my hands just know what to do.
I smiled as I thought of the first time I gave Goku a pie. He's never had one before, and when he took that first bite his face had lighten up and he had stuffed the whole thing in his mouth and asked for more. Unfortunately we had been out of sugar, so I hadn't been able to make more.
That wouldn't be a problem at this house, it was so well stocked, and I'm sure nobody here will eat like Goku. I sighed. It seems that no matter what I do I won't be able to stop thinking of Goku. But that couldn't be too bad, as long as I remember the good times. I smiled as I put the piecrust into the rest of the pie and put it in the second oven that was just below the one with the turkey.
I can just imagine Goku sitting next to me after dinner. I smiled even more as started cleaning, all the while. It hardly seemed like she was working at all.
"Who are you?" asked small voice.
Surprised by the sudden appearance, I looked down only to see two young girls looking up at me curiously.
"My name is ChiChi, and I'm the new nanny."
"Oh," one of the girl said, "you're the new lady. Well, my name is Azul. And this is my sister Roja."
I smiled, the names fit the young girls well with their blue and red hair. It would be easy to remember who was who. "It's nice to meet the two of you. I hope your both hungry, I have dinner in the oven."
"Whatever," Roja said in a cool tone, "we have to go do our homework now. Come on Azul." The other girl nodded and they turned to leave.
Now that was strange, what was going on with those two to make them act like that? From what Mr. Llama had said of his girls they were supposed to be quiet, polite girls.
Oh well, I suppose it will take some time to adjust to having me here. I'll just have to start trying to get to know them this weekend.
Verde Llama's POV
I smirked as I watched the new nanny leaving the room. She is a rather attractive young, vulnerable woman going through a divorce. What could possible go wrong, she probably would be on the rebound for the next few months at least. Then once she got over the guy and I'm finished with her, I'll just have her leave.
Already I can imagine what it is going to be like to take her. I can't wait.
Not only was she beautiful, but she would be easy. Far easier than the harpy I made the mistake of hiring last time. By the time I managed to seduce that wench, I had nearly lost interest. Not only that, but she had been pathetic in bed.
I've always found that women just getting out serious relationships often go running into the arms of other men, if only to forget the previous man. And that had only been with women who had been dating. I have simply marvelous chances with this woman, who had actually gotten married and was now trying to forget the loser.
A few hours later, after daydreaming of my soon to be mistress, I could smell dinner cooking. She hadn't been kidding, she could cook.
I stood up and walked out into the kitchen, where I found ChiChi bending over, giving me a marvelous view. "That smells delicious." I said slowly. I knew I had surprised her since she seemed to jump as she spun around.
"Oh, it's you sir." She said slowly.
"Call me Verde."
"Alright, Verde. Well, dinner is almost ready. You should go wash up. And I would really appreciate you telling the girls it's time for dinner."
She was really taking this job seriously. Oh well, she was young. She must not realize what working here would eventually lead to. Good, that would only make things more interesting.
"No problem. I'll be right back." I said saucily, then slowly backed out of the room to go get the girls. I really scored this time. This girl can cook, the kitchen is already cleaner than before, will be able to deal with the girls, and she's gorgeous. I may end up having to keep her around longer than some of the others.