Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Even If She Hates Me ❯ She Left Me ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Krillen's POV
I sighed as I flew threw the clouds, headed toward Goku's house, it was just so weird. Goku had told me two weeks ago when he'd been going home that he would be back the next day to train. When Goku hadn't shown up, Krillen had understood that there were certain times that a husband and wife needed to be together.
But now it just didn't make sense, why would Goku just disappear for two weeks without letting anyone know he wouldn't be coming by? It just didn't make sense, so I'm going over to check things out. What I don't get was why Goku hadn't trained, at all, in the past few weeks.
Goku had told me when we first started training again after he got married how he wanted to finally beat Piccolo, so he wouldn't have to worry about the evil Demon King suddenly attacking when he wasn't ready. Apparently, being married had gotten Goku to start thinking ahead.
It was strange; it was just so unGoku. But then again, Goku hadn't been the same since his marriage to ChiChi. I still remember the first time I saw him after the guy had spent some 'quality time' with his wife. Goku had been blatantly happy, the guy couldn't stop smiling.
And when training, Goku had been more serious than ever, determined to rid the Earth of the person that could somehow hurt Goku, but attacking his wife and taking her away from him.
Yeah, seeing Goku like that had been both weird, and, in a way, nice. It was good to know my old friend is so happy with ChiChi, even though the poor guy had had no idea what he was getting into when he had married the girl.
I slowly descended to the ground just in front of Goku's house. Then I knocked on the door, and waited, and waited. I tried checking kis inside the house, and was surprised to sense only Goku's ki. In fact, I couldn't sense ChiChi anywhere around.
Ah, I was being stupid. She had probably gone shopping. They must go through a lot of food. And maybe Goku was sleeping, that would explain why the door hadn't been answered. When that guy slept, he really slept. It would take a lot more than a knock on the door to do the job.
So I walked in. The door was unlocked, why would these guys need to lock it anyway. Not only were they two of the strongest people in the world, but they lived in the middle of no where. They didn't exactly have much to worry about when it came to thieves.
But when I did walk in, I was absolutely in shock. There was Goku, sitting on the couch, awake.
"Goku?"
He didn't answer. I looked around the small house, and saw it was in ruin. There were all kinds of things strewn about on the floor. Clothes, bits of food, trash, and broken glass.
"Goku, what happened here?"
Goku, who had been staring straight ahead, unmoving, turned his head and looked directly at me. "She left."
"What? Goku, what are you talking about?" I didn't get it. Was he talking about ChiChi? And what did he mean, left?
Goku let out a hollow laugh, and I felt scared. Goku never sounded like that so empty.
"I was stupid to think she actually wanted me in the first place. I guess I've learned my lesson, eh Krillen?"
I stared at him confused and walked toward him and the smell of alcohol hit me like a freight train. Goku had been drinking? But… he hated that stuff, said it tasted funny. Why would he wreak with the smell of it?
"Goku, have you been drinking?"
He nodded slowly. "She left the champagne that she would have with dinner sometimes. There were three bottles," he paused and held up an empty champagne bottle, "this was the last of it." Then Goku tossed the bottle, and it shattered against the wall.
"Who's 'she'? Are you talking about ChiChi? And why did you drink all of that, you said you hate the stuff."
Goku laughed again, in that same hallow tone. "Who else would I be talking about?" Goku leaned back against the couch and closed his eyes. "And I drank it because it helps. It helps get rid of the pain, and it helps me sleep. I couldn't sleep until I had my first half a bottle. The only draw back it that when I wake up I always have to puke. But it's worth it."
I stared at him in shock. "Goku, what's happened to you? Did something happen to ChiChi?"
"I already told you, she left."
"What do you mean she left?" I asked. "Where did she go?"
Goku shrugged. "How should I know? The city I guess, she was almost there the last time I saw her."
"Goku, I don't get it. What happened?" the guy was talking in circles, what was he trying to say?
"She's getting an annulment Krillen. She left me nearly two weeks ago."
Annulment? But this didn't make sense, she had been madly in love Goku the last time I saw them together. What was going on, how could this have happened? "But Goku, I don't get it. Why would she leave you?"
"It's not a matter of why she left me. It's a matter of why she married me in the first place." Goku said in a monotone voice.
"What? Goku, that doesn't make any sense."
"Krillen, who marries some one, and leaves them not four months later? It's only obvious. This is what she's been planning since the beginning. It was easy, make me happy with her, then leave and make me miserable." Goku lay down, slowly, and groaned. It seemed Goku hadn't left that couch recently.
"Are you sure Goku? I mean, ChiChi didn't seem like someone that would do something like that."
"No," Goku agreed, "she didn't. But she did, and I don't want to talk about it Krillen. So just leave."
I hesitated. Leaving Goku here, like this, didn't seem like a good idea. But, if I tried to do anything else, who knows what he'd do? He's not exactly acting like himself, and I don't want to try messing with a drunken Goku.
I'll come back, tomorrow, and see if I can talk some sense into the guy. Hopefully he'll have sobered up a bit. "Okay Goku, I'll go. But I'll see you soon."
ChiChi's POV
I just don't get it, the girls are so… distant from me. I understand I haven't been here long, but I still wouldn't think that they would look at me so disgustedly. And their father, he was a different story.
Verde seemed to love my being here, and the fact that his children didn't hadn't seemed to affect him at all. In fact, the man had been acting strangely. Almost... flirtatious. But I don't get it, he's at least ten years my senior, and he knows I'm going through a divorce.
But maybe I'm wrong. It's not as if I've been flirted with… ever. So how would I know? He was probably just being friendly. Besides, why would he want me? My own husband hadn't wanted me, why would someone else?
I stood in the laundry room, folding Verde's clothes, thinking over the things that have happened over the past four weeks, since I got my job.
Nothing exciting had happened. It was basically the same routine everyday, except for the weekends. During the week I just clean while everyone is gone, school and work. Once they get home, the girls either do homework, or watch television. Verde always brings work home with him.
But on the weekend, Verde takes us out. All of us, though I insist I don't belong at family outings, he insisted I go. So I would. We would go to the park, out to ice cream, we even went to Fun World. The strange thing is, Verde didn't spend any time with the girls during any of these outing. He always sent them away to go play and go on rides, and the two of us would talk.
At first we talked about me, he kept asking me questions about myself. And he now knows a lot about me. He knows that I'm the Ox princess, and I placed high in the world martial arts tournament. I think it's safe to say he was both shocked and amazed by that little development.
I even ended up telling him about Goku, how I met him, and why I left. He had been sympathetic, and had tried to comfort me when I started crying.
Then we had started talking about him. It took him a while to open up, but he did when we came back from Fun World. It turned out that his wife had dies a few years ago, in plane crash, when she had been leaving with her lover. The girls had taken it hard, but still didn't know why their mother had been on that plane. Verde had told them she'd been going to visit their grandmother.
Verde had been emotionally devastated, and had buried himself in his work. He told me he started to recover last year, when he realized how his behavior had been hurting his girls.
It had been my turn to comfort him, and I held him for what must have been at least an hour. I even had to help him upstairs and into his bed.
I finished the clothes and carried them upstairs, and put them away. There wasn't much else for me to do, despite there being a single man and two little girls here, there wasn't too much to clean during the day.
Other than what has happened between Verde and I, not much has happened. Luckily the nightmares I had when I first came here have mostly subsided. Even the ones of the two of us being together… and then him actually yelling at me how little he wanted to remain with me, and he left.
Actually, if anything, the only thing that's happened with me is tiredness. I don't get it. With all of my marital arts strengthening and conditioning, I always had an abundant amount of energy. But lately it's taken a lot more energy to get through the day, and I just don't understand it.
I yawned as I started walking back downstairs. There I go again. Argh! This is getting really annoying, I hate being this tired. Maybe I'm getting the flu. I heard it was going around. I'll just have to get a nap once I finish the laundry.
Verde's POV
I frowned. I'd been doing it again. Thinking about her.
She was no longer just some whore I wanted to screw, but somehow I had started to care.
I had been using my usual tactics. Get to know her, make her think I cared. But it had backfired, she actually started asking me about my life. I told her about Rosada, about how she left me to be with another man and ended up dead because of it. She stayed with me as I turned to putty, and she actually managed to make me feel better.
I haven't been able to stop thinking about her since. I now enjoy the time we spend together. Even when all we do is the dishes together. I just really like her. I don't know why. but I'm starting to feel the same way about her as I did about Rosada. Only. I think my feelings are beginning to run deeper for ChiChi at this point than I did about Rosada.
I don't know how this happened. I don't know how I let this happen. How could I be falling in love? I never thought this kind of thing could ever happen to me again, but it has.
Now I just have to figure out how to tell ChiChi, and how to get her to accept me. She still cares a lot about that Goku guy, how am I going to get her over him and convince her to be with me?
I don't know how I'm going to get her over him, she really did seem to love him. She was reduced to tears just by telling me about him. How am I going to get her to forget about him, and start thinking about me?
I laid my head in my hands, and started wracking my brains out trying to figure out how I could possibly begin to win the heart of the woman I have accidentally fallen in love with.