Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Even If She Hates Me ❯ A New Development ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Goku's POV
I always sit on the floor now, near the bathroom so I wouldn't have far to go no matter what I needed to do. Krillen was here again, trying to get me to move on. It wasn't working.
Not that I don't appreciate the effort, but it isn't doing any good. Nothing ever will. It's been two months since he first found me here, alone and drunk. In that time he's tried to get me to get out and train again.
I just can't get myself to do much of anything. Even when Krillen will make me something to eat, I never finish. The house was clean, courtesy of Krillen. Not that I don't appreciate what Krillen's been doing for me, I just wish he'd leave me alone. I just want to be alone.
He will leave, sometimes. But he always comes back to at least feed me something. He seemed to be really scared when he first started coming on a regular basis and found out I hadn't eaten for a week. He's here now, doing dishes in the kitchen.
Krillen's been great, there's not a doubt in my mind he would keep doing this for as long as I'd need, but he shouldn't have to. I can't let him spend his time taking care of me as if I was a child, not that I'd have really needed someone as a child either. But the guy has his own life, he shouldn't be spending his time here.
I've tried telling him, but he just asked what kind of friend he'd be if he let me stay here in the state I'm in, so I'm going to have to at least act like I'm ok, at least for a while. Krillen hasn't let me have any more champagne, so it's been hard to sleep.
Especially with the nightmares. The nightmares have been getting worse, last night I awoke in a cold sweat, after dreaming about ChiChi physically hurting me, which didn't make any sense, but it had felt so real.
At least Krillen didn't know about my nightmares, he'd really flip. Not only is the guy getting over protective toward me, but he's even threatened to tell the rest of the guys about what's happened when I won't eat. The last thing I need is for everyone to see me like this, and once they did, who knows how bad they'd be. Especially Bulma, she'd probably try to find ChiChi and yell at her.
I could almost laugh at the thought, but not quite. I was never really too close to smiling, not when I know that ChiChi hates me.
ChiChi's POV
"Would you repeat that?" I asked, trembling.
The tiredness had continued up to the point that I nearly passed out while doing dishes the other day, and Verde had insisted I see a doctor. I've been tired for about three months now, and when I told him that, he decided to bring me here himself.
The doctor was Verde's, so he was supposed to be very good, and he was quite expensive, I'm sure.
"I take it this wasn't a planned pregnancy," Dr. Anaranjado said in a sighing voice.
How could I be pregnant?
I know how, but why? Why did this have to happen after I left him? "No, it wasn't. I'm actually divorcing the only man that could be the father." I stared blankly ahead of me. What was I going to do? This isn't something I'm ready to deal with.
"You don't appear to be very happy with development. Do you wish to discuss your options? There's always adoption, or the pregnancy could be terminated." The doctor said slowly, looking at some papers.
There was no way I could terminate this baby, and I'm sure I couldn't give it up. If anything, it was a little bit of Goku I could keep with me and love and cherish. "Neither option will be necessary." I told him in a forced calm. "But could you tell me how far along I am?
"I don't know yet, I can't tell that from a urine sample. Just lay back and I can check." The doctor said, setting down his papers.
I did as I was told, and laid back on the hospital examining table. He came beside me, and put his hands on my stomach and pressed lightly a few times in a few different places. As he did I continued going over what I would have to do next in my head. There was no getting around the fact that I would have to tell Goku, I couldn't keep him from his child, no matter what, I just couldn't do that to either of them.
I can remember one of the few talks I had with Goku in those first few weeks, about children. Once I had explained how to have them, he had decided to get started on trying right away. Once we had stopped and started talking again, he told me how much he would love to have some kids to train and be happy with.
I know Goku would never forgive me if I kept him from his child. And keeping them apart would be a loss for our child as well, besides, I know Goku will make a wonderful father.
"It seems like your about four months along. Now have you had any kind of symptoms other than tiredness?" Dr. Anaranjado asked.
"No, not that I can recall. How could I not have noticed?" I asked myself, now that I knew, I realize I hadn't had my period in what seems an eternity. But with everything that's happened I just lost track of things.
"It's happened before Mrs. Son. Some women even go into labor before ever realizing they were pregnant." The doctor said. "You should schedule an appointment so we can check on you, and get a sonogram. You'll need to come in at least once a month so we can know how things are going."
I nodded as I got up. He walked out so I could change. Once I did I walked out to the waiting room, where Verde sat reading a business magazine. Once he noticed I had come out he stood and walked over to me.
"What did he say?" Verde asked.
I shook my head. "I don't think I can talk about this yet."
Verde seemed to pale slightly. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing. in a manner of speaking. I'll tell you later, I just don't think I can actually say it right now." I answered him as I started for the door.
He seemed to want to protest, but nodded as he followed me.
I don't know what I'm going to do when, but I do know I'm going to have to tell Goku. I just don't know how.
Verde's POV
Two weeks after the doctor s appointment ChiChi managed to tell me the news, that she's pregnant. It's now been three weeks since she told me, and I'm believing she's pregnant more and more.
She's suddenly started eating much more than before, and it seems that because of that she's regained much of her energy. She's even started to show, and I get I knot in my throat when I think of how hard things ar going to be now that she's carrying her husbands child.
It's already hard, because it's so hard for her. One minute she'll seem happy and content, and the next stressed, worried about what she's going to do. She told me that she's definitely going to tell Goku, but she doesn't know how or when, though she wants it to be before she has the kid.
I can't believe this happened. Why did she have to be pregnant? This was going to make her so much harder to get. Now she had her child to consider, and she might decide she doesn't want me as a second father for the kid.
What am I going to do if she rejects me? Even Roja and Azul have warmed up to her. I think they realize not much is going to happen since ChiChi is having a baby. They've started to like her, look forward to spending time with her, and it makes me want to be with her all the more.