Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Fall of the Mighty ❯ Debate? ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Want a preview of what's to come? Roshambo you for it~

Oops. Did I say review 450? Wishful thinking. I meant review 150. *Son pose and laugh* How about some more music?

Nickelback: How You Remind Me, Just For, Breathe, Fly, Sea Groove

Nine Inch Nails: Down In It, Kinda I want to(better for the first part of the story on Vegy's point of view), Closer, Dead Soul, Hurt, Sin, Something I Can Never Have

Staind: Raw, Epiphany, Safe Place, Take It, Change, Fade(these are both my personal signature songs)

That's enough for now I guess. Here ya go. It's short but I'm buying time so live with it.

~I'll go first~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That would have been too easy." Was the only reply and Goku hugged the prince with a low laugh as they made their way back to the buildings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Debate?*

They all were spread around the living room, dining room and kitchen in small groups, talking and laughing and enjoying the company. It had been a little while since everyone had made time for a gathering like this. They had all been so busy with their own families and jobs that there wasn't much time to socialize anymore. But here they were nonetheless. The only one's missing were Bra, Goku, and Vegeta. The nonattendance of the two Saiyajin was very noticeable for once. Though Vegeta almost never participated and could rarely even be forced to appear, Goku was usually one of the most animated one's at any of the parties. Also the fact that those two were the reason for everyone making time to come here in the first place put a taboo on their absence.

Finally Trunks came in through the front door. There had been some errand in the lab he had to attend to but now that he was back the real reason he called everyone could be addressed. "Hi, guys. I see the food's all gone so I guess I got here just in time." Everybody came into the living room and searched for a spot to sit. Gohan and Videl claimed the loveseat, while Goten scooped his daughter up and settled on one end of the couch. Spice slid into the recliner before Nigel or Tong could manage to beat each other to it and smirked in victory until little Naga climbed into her lap with a dazzling smile and claimed her as the best seat in the house. "My Spice." The college student raised her eyebrow in silent annoyance and did her best to ignore the little girl while she snuggled into a comfortable position. Pan and her twins took the rest of the couch and Tong took the arm of the couch beside her. The remaining boys and Nalia found perches on a few chairs scattered around the room. Flick grabbed a seat on the floor in front of everyone and Trunks stuck a chair up in front of the huge tv for himself.

"Does everyone know why we're here?" Everyone glanced around at each other but no one volunteered. Trunks sighed. "Well, does everyone know why Goku and Vegeta aren't here?"

Spice snorted from under Naga and sent a look at her father. "I can make a guess."

Nigel laughed mockingly and glanced slyly over at Tong, thinking something completely different. "Yeah, me too." His short dark red hair gave him a streamlined look when he tilted his chin up snidely at the other, his short spikes pointing even further backwards then usual.

"Shut up, you!" Tong replied in angry defense.

"Both of you shut up!" Trunks glared at his teenage son while Gohan glared at his own son. "Save it." Trunks picked up where he left off. "I don't know how long they are going to be gone. I'm not sure why they left but we should take this chance to work things out. Any comments?"

Again there was just silence.

Goten glanced around and then shrugged. "I don't see what the big deal is. I mean… As long as dad doesn't mind why should we even be here?

A dark look appeared on Gohan's face but he didn't say anything. Trunks gave a small appreciative smile to his best friend and almost brother and continued. "I do have something to tell you all that you probably don't know yet." He smirked with superior amusement and it was obvious that he was trying not to laugh. "Father has been right about you all along. You Sons are all third-class bakas. It turns out that "Third-class" denotes a genetic condition." He slipped into science lecture mode. "Now, normally it is a recessive talent, that means that it doesn't pass on unless both parents have it, but Saiyan genetics seem to be more potent than human. Goten let me test out my theory on him and now I'm pretty sure that all of you male Son's have inherited the "third-class" condition and Pan, Spice, and Fleaa have and will probably pass the gene on to their children too. I can't be totally positive though. I would have to check you all out to be sure."

Nigel glanced between Tong, Flick, and the twins then let out a loud guffaw. "A whole clan of them! HA! A whole clan of fairies!"

The twins and adults just stared in shock at his outburst but both Tong and Flick jumped to their feet angrily. Flick nearly went right over the rest of his family and the couch to get to the laughing teenager. "I'll show you a fuckin fairy!!" Goten caught his thigh before he accidentally kicked his own sister and hauled him back down to fall on the floor and stepped down on his back to keep him there. Nigel stood calmly and laughed even more.

Suddenly a bright mane of orange hair loomed behind him and there was a loud *thwack* "Oww!!" Nalia dropped a now broken wooden figurine that used to sit on the end table and caught her son by one heavily pierced ear. "You are mine." She dragged him from the room. "Ooooowwww mooommmm…"

Trunks stayed where he was with a scowl and took a few calming breaths while his lovely wife dragged the delinquent away. "I'm sorry. He's been getting harder and harder to deal with."

"Haven't they all." Goten and Gohan spoke in unison. Goten eyed his son sternly and Gohan glanced between both his son and youngest daughter. Spice wisely kept quiet and stared at the ceiling holding down the laughter that threatened to break free. She loved it when everyone got together like this. Something extremely stupid yet highly entertaining always seemed to happen.

Trunks started again. "Anyway, this is something that we all have to deal with and accept. We also need to understand that eventually something like this will happen again."

Videl sent her gaze around everyone thoughtfully. "So… You're saying that *everyone* in my family is capable of having children? Just when I get used to these damn Saiyan quirks you throw another one at me." She smiled, belaying her firm tone. "That's a mother's dream come true. To have her good-for-nothing husband understand just how horrible those labor pains really are." She shot Gohan a playful yet semi-serious glare and he blanched looking extremely disturbed by the notion.

Pan giggled at her dad's unhappiness. "It's only fair, dad. I had twins and you didn't understand at all what I went through."

Gohan looked at her wide-eyed. "I think I had a reasonable idea. You broke my arm in sixteen places when you went through it."

She hid her smile behind a hand. "And I appreciated your sacrifice at the time but that was nothing."

Trunks cut into the conversation. "As interesting as this is, does anyone have anything to say about the *main* topic?"

Gohan sighed and shook his head. What could he say? He certainly couldn't say it to Trunks, it would just upset his friend. He kept quiet. Surprisingly it was Videl who spoke up again. "I think it is a good thing for the two of them." Gohan glanced at her sharply. "None of us are getting any younger but you Saiyans aren't getting any older either, especially those two. Gohan's the oldest here besides them and he's barely starting to look middle-aged. I can't even imagine how long any of you Saiyans will live. You need each other. Those of us that are human aren't going to be here forever."

That brought a pall over the group and everyone focused on Videl, the only human in the room. Her once jet black hair was now silvery gray and frown lines creased her forehead while smile lines crinkled the corners of her bright eyes. She was still thin and fit, holding that inner strength she'd always possessed but age had slowed her down and made her seem vulnerable and frail compared to the young Saiyans all around her. Gohan wrapped his arms around her protectively. "Nonsense. You have more life in you than the rest of us put together." Videl smiled sadly at him. No one said a word and Goten gave his little girl a squeeze, his gaze momentarily lost.

Spice grimaced distastefully at the sudden thick atmosphere and waited for someone to break the silence but no one did. 'Jeez. This moping isn't going to change anything.' Grasping around for something, she finally spoke up. "Hey, mom, isn't it your's and Fleaa's birthday soon? We should have a party. A real party. What do you think, Trunks? By then grampa will be back, I'm sure. He can never stay away long and he's always up for a party. It'll help to have everyone together for something fun for a change."

Trunks nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, that sounds good."

The younger ones present took the new idea and ran with it and soon everyone was making plans and shopping lists and all bitterness was forgotten. Spice smirked to herself. It was so easy to sidetrack some people. She glanced down at the imp asleep on her and tried pumping her fist to get some blood flowing back into her burdened arm but it didn't work. She caught Trunks' attention as he was about to leave with most of the rest of his company. "Hey, what's in the player? It looks like I'm gonna be here a while."

He smiled at the odd sight. "You know, you can pick her up and move her. She won't wake up."

She eyed him dryly. "You'd think so, wouldn't you?"

He laughed. "I think Nalen was watching some kung fu movie last night."

She nodded appreciatively and grabbed the universal remote beside her. "Cool." She reclined the chair and laid back, content to stay where she was.

Some little things are happening. Can you see them all? Does anyone but me see what I hint at in any of these chapters? Oh well, I hardly have it mapped out yet anyway. Shall I recap a little? Let's see. Summary. Goku has prodded into Vegy's life. Vegy fought it until he was suddenly cornered and then, in a very Vegeta-like way to save face, gave in and took control. "If it's gonna happen it might as well be my way." Goten and Trunks accept it with no obvious reservations as does Videl. Gohan is very upset about the whole thing and not happy at all. Bra thinks it is weird but cute. So far, Nalia, Nalen, Pan, and Tong's opinions have not been addressed yet. Fleaa and Naga are too young to really care even if they do understand. Spice sees it all as very entertaining, which seems to be what she lives for: to be entertained. Flick and Nigel I am still thinking on.

Trunks and his wife have a pretty good relationship with all of their family except for Nigel who is going through those "wild teen-years" at the moment. Gohan can't say the same. He has a good relationship with Pan, his oldest daughter. He was even there for the birth of her twins (see where he complains that she broke his arm). His son, Tong, and daughter, Spice, are completely different stories. (Refer back to where Spice purposefully pretended to be sweet and innocent and then turned around and pretty much told him to mind his own business about Vegy and Kaky. Also when she accused Tong of being "so much like dad" he growled and walked away without another word. So far Tong hasn't said a word to Gohan in my story and they have only been in the same room at the same time once. I know, I know, you've only seen him twice.) Also realize that Pan is over 30(I haven't decided how much. I see the twins as older than Flick but younger than Nigel) and Videl is right around sixty or so, I assume that she is older than Gohan because he was homeschooled and homeschooled kids tend to move to high school earlier than normal kids. Plus I just like it that way.

One last thing. I realized that I made Tong younger than I meant to. I consider him right around 23 and Spice is right around 19 or so. Give or take. Now you come back with the astute notice that "If she's 19 how can she be buying alcohol?" And I reply: Remember the track record she has alluded to. You can just take for granted that she has a fake id and knows how to use it. She's probably been drinking since she was much younger.

How's that for a summary? Questions? I can't promise I'll answer them but you can ask.