Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Fall of the Mighty ❯ Fate and Despair ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~GHA!! Apu From The Simpsons Is My Chemistry Teacher! And Mr. Roger's Wife Is My Math Teacher!~

I know I should wait but this chapter ended up so short that I decided to post it now. That way I get to see your reviews faster anyway. I have lots of time to write between classes right now and pumped out four more chapters yesterday. I will be finishing them up as well as I can between homework assignments. By the way…feel free to be frightened by the name of the chapter, it's true.

~One Refers To The Elements On The Periodic Table As "Peoples" And The Other Puts Me To Sleep~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The prince waved his hand in unconcern. "Just your grandson venting some pent up bitterness. Seems the boy just lost a perspective mate that your son also didn't approve of. That boy of yours is beginning to remind me of the "harpy". Can I leave now?"

Goku blinked and looked at him slightly exasperated. "No!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Fate and Despair*

Goku sighed happily with Vegeta's warm strong arms around him. The prince had stayed near almost the whole day. Now it was dark and the last visitors had gone home. It had been a long and taxing day and Goku was worn out. He gave the prince a squeeze and smiled. Just laying here together in Vegeta's room he felt that all was as perfect as could be, nothing could bother him at times like these. He grunted, grimaced, and swallowed hard. 'Almost nothing.'

Vegeta felt his mate shift uncomfortably but paid it no mind. If Goku felt it was serious then he would just throw him off and leave again. The prince let his eyes roam over the others frame to rest on his stomach. Lately he had been just beginning to sense that there might truly be something there, just on the edge of his consciousness. Goku relaxed again and Vegeta dismissed him, falling quickly asleep.

Blackness enveloped everything. A dark void in which nothing survived. Cold and hollow. He stood rebelliously in the center of it. The icy cold seeped through his boots and into his bones from the metal floor. He glanced around expectantly but nothing happened. 'What is this?' The dream had changed, but why? He waited knowing that it would pounce the moment he dropped his guard.

Nothing.

He grew weary of this quickly. Vegeta began to stride purposefully into the endless dark. Ahead a light appeared. It was a familiar room and it was drenched in blood. 'Did I enter the dream at the wrong time?' He wondered wryly. 'Did I miss all the action?' He paused to take in the gore and something caught his eye. He stepped further into the room frowning, his boots making wet sounds as he trekked through thickened puddles. What he found made his veins run cold. 'What is that?' The ouji knelt before the source of all the blood. He turned numb.

'No. It can't be.'

He reached out to make sure what he was seeing was truly there. His hand touched cold clammy flesh. 'No.' It was barely recognizable as humanoid. Finally he steeled himself and rolled it over for a better look. He just knelt there breathing shallow breaths. 'This can't be. It's not possible.' His eyes traveled down the ruined figure. It had been torn to shreds, completely unrecognizable, and it's abdomen was slashed open. Intestines spilled out from the raged hollow wound. In it's ruined face the eyes were still intact and only half closed showing glossy, dry orbs beneath. The body had been there for a while. It's fluids had already had time to congeal turning dry and crusted in places. 'No.' Bile rose in his throat and he realized his hands were shaking but his thoughts were clear and steady. He was completely calm. There was nothing he could do. He was helpless. Too much time had gone by. The word repeated in his head, reverberating off his skull. 'Helpless.' He couldn't breathe.

'No!'

"You've missed all the fun, Geta, but don't worry, I saved the best for last."

Vegeta turned to look over his shoulder into the shadows. A dark figure stepped up and proffered something into the light.

Frieza's white hands dripped with blood and other fluids as did the tiny creature he held in them. A dark matted tail hung lifelessly from the child. "All these years I could never quite ruin you, you were always so resilient, Geta. But now I have the means. I will see you destroyed."

Vegeta couldn't take his eyes from the child. His child. His mate. Gone. 'Gone.'

"I'm coming for you, Geta. You know it. You felt it. I will take all you hold dear and then I will take you. You are mine. You always were. You always will be."

The prince said nothing, instead he turned back to his mate, his Kakarotto, not acknowledging the depraved alien. 'Empty. It's all empty. All gone. Destroyed. Gone.' He lifted his Kakarotto and held him close. Cold blood spilled thickly down his chest and arms but he was at home with death, he belonged with it. He belonged with this. This was his torment. This was his fate. His fault. He had allowed it. He'd brought it on himself.

Vegeta opened his eyes to the gloom and watched the rhythmic breathing of his mate's chest. 'I've grown too soft. I've let him get too close. Weakness. I'm so weak.' He removed himself from the bed and stepped out onto the balcony. 'Frieza is dead. It was just a dream. Nothing to fear.' He stared up into the night sky before taking to it, flying aimlessly. 'Then what was it I felt this afternoon? Was it the boy? Or was it something else? A premonition?'

He perched upon the highest building in the C.C. 'I should not be here. I should leave. I should put as much distance between them and myself as possible. Nothing good can come of my presence here.' Misery had always followed him everywhere he went, much of the time it had come from his own hands and loathe as he was to admit it but he did not want that to happen here. 'Not now. Not again. No more.' Everything he'd ever found value in had always been taken away. Better that he give it up rather than let that happen again. The prince nodded to himself, making up his mind. Landing softly in his room he walked strait to the closet and removed a training outfit.

What Oh what should I do with Piccolo? I am at a loss. I have a number of ideas but I am not sure which ones are acceptable and which ones would just be corny or which ones just aren't worth contemplating. He's also kind of hard to represent because he's so calm and quiet and separate. Not the same as Vegy at all but sometimes they seem to overlap no matter how hard you try not to. Piccolo just wants to be left alone. Kinda like my boyfriend…aggravating. Maybe that's it… I could just have him do what my boyfriend might do in any given situation. Grrrr… I don't like that idea…he'd be annoying.

Vegy may be suppressing his instincts and tendencies but they are still there. He's still not comfortable yet. Not at all as comfortable as everyone else. What happens when two tense dogs bump noses? Hehehe I guess we'll just have to find out.