Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Fall of the Mighty ❯ Ambitions and Evasions ( Chapter 30 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Hope You Are Happy~

Someone asked if Goten is going to have any real parts in this story. At the moment he's just on the sidelines. That might change later but for right now that's where he will stay. I am having a hard time keeping everything straight just now and am trying to get past some details so I can work my way back to where I was always trying to go in the first place. I am trying to concentrate on Vegy/Kaky, Gohan/Tong/Spice, and everyone that they are going to interact with in turn. I'm a bit stuck on a few things and trying to work them out. I can't think very well at the moment, sorry about my lack of notes. Gotta get up in less than 6 hours. Urk.

~I Am Doing This Instead Of Studying For Chemistry~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Goku relaxed as the three outside moved away. "I told him I'd get him back."

He grinned at his grandson. "So… How ya been?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Ambitions and Evasions*

Tong laughed. "Slaving over schoolwork. I even have an internship lined up for the end of summer so I'm going to see how much school I can cram in over the summer before that takes up the rest of my time. I might even graduate by the end of the year."

Goku patted him on the back encouragingly. "That's great! What is it you're getting again?"

"I'm going to get my BA in liberal arts. My internship is at Satan Summit grade school. I'll be a teacher's aid, maybe even teaching. It depends on who I'll be aiding."

"I'm glad you found something you like to do Tong. I'm sure you'll be great at it."

They sat down on the couch. "Yeah." Tong hesitated. "There's something I wanted to ask you. Even before the girls kidnapped me to bring them here. Um… Well." He hedged. "I know I'm a little bit…flighty. I don't have the greatest control and…stuff. Like jumping into things without thinking about them first." He faltered, thinking about Brian. He felt so stupid that he could have walked into such a messed up situation. He had really thought that Brian was the one. Bitterness welled up inside him. How could he have been so wrong? "I think I…see what I want to see instead of what's really there…like in people. I thought…maybe…since I've got some time now…and… Well, I never did get into martial arts like Pan and Spice did and I know that it's a little late to think about it now but…"

Goku smiled reassuringly. "It's never too late to decide you want to do something. What is it you want to ask me?"

"Ah, well…" Tong bit his cheek. "Do you think Piccolo would teach me how to meditate?"

Goku blinked. That wasn't quite what he expected. "Well, I don't see why not. He would definitely be the best one to ask. I can only do it so long before I get bored and fall asleep but he does it all the time."

"Yeah, that's what I sorta thought." Tong smiled.

"I think he'd do it. He trained Gohan and he even helped with Goten and Trunks. I don't think he's doing anything else. You want me to ask him? We can go to the Lookout right now if you want."

Tong hesitated nervously. "Um…yeah. Why not?"

"What?" Piccolo stared down at the two Sons, unsure what to think of their entreaty.

"Sure, Piccolo. It'll give you something to do. It sure is boring up here. I don't know how you can sit around all day."

"I do *not* just *sit around* all day!"

Goku scratched his chin thoughtfully. "Then what do you do?"

"I meditate."

"Well then why don't you meditate with Tong? He can keep you company."

Piccolo stared as if Goku had gone insane. "I don't need company. That defeats the whole purpose of concentration and meditation!"

Tong was standing, embarrassed, in the background. "That's alright, grampa. If Piccolo's busy and doesn't want to then that's fine." He said meekly.

Piccolo turned to study the boy sternly. "Why do you want to learn to meditate?"

Tong blushed and stared at the ground. "Cause… Cause… Cause I'm tired of making stupid choices. I've done a lot of stupid things because I never stop to think about what I was doing. I don't want to do that anymore."

The tall Namek observed him flatly for long seconds. Tong was about to give up when the green giant finally spoke. "It's not as easy to change as you think. Are you prepared to take these lessons seriously? If not then you can forget about them right now."

Tong nodded adamantly. "Yes, sir."

"You better."

Goku and his happy grandson left the Lookout and headed back to the little cottage. "So, grampa… How is it living with Vegeta? If you don't mind me asking. I mean… I'm not butting in it's just that… You know, I'm curious."

"It's nice. It's been a while since I've had anybody around. It was pretty lonely before. Vegeta and I have known each other for a long time but… There's lots of things we still don't know about each other." He laughed. "It's definitely been different lately."

"Yeah, I bet." Tong turned introspective. Almost bitter. "I know what it's like to be lonely. It really sucks!"

Goku glanced speculatively over at the young man and slowed in his flight. "You're young, Tong. You have lots of time and lots of things to experience. You'll find someone in time. Don't be in too much of a hurry. Take it from me. I married before I even knew what it meant. I grew to love ChiChi, I'm not saying that I regret it, but it was definitely a shock when I figured it out."

Tong fidgeted self-consciously. "I know. It's just…it's what I always wanted. I just want someone. I just feel like…I'll be complete when I can find him. I just want someone to be with me." He sighed helplessly. "Sometimes I wish I was like my sisters. They are just fine without anyone. Pan doesn't need anybody and I don't think Spice could care less."

Goku chuckled and flipped onto his side with his hands behind his head so that he faced Tong. "Now *that's* not true."

Tong frowned incredulously. "What do you mean? Of course it is. They are just fine. Pan has the dojo and Spice doesn't give a damn about dating or boyfriends…or much of anything else either. I think she likes to be alone."

Goku just smiled knowingly and shook his head. "Everyone wants someone to share their life with but you can't let that control your happiness. Your life is your own. Enjoy it while you have it, Tong. You don't want to look back someday and kick yourself because you didn't."

Tong still looked bitter. "Yeah. I don't. That's why I want to find that person. I'll have everything I want." A small, wistful smile tugged at the young man's lips. Goku frowned slightly but didn't say anything else. He had a feeling the boy hadn't heard a word he had said.

They got back to find Vegeta impatiently watching the girls toss a large ki ball back and forth. "About time you got back. Now you can take these brats back to wherever you got them."

The young man shook his head. "Sorry. I was only supposed to bring them." He glanced at his watch. "I've got a study group to get to." He hugged Goku. "Thanks, grampa. Sorry, Vegeta. Bye, girls." He flashed Vegeta a grin and took off. The prince scowled.

Goku caught and extinguished the ki ball, sweeping up little Fleaa in a bear hug. "How's my little angel? It's almost dinnertime. How about we get you home?"

The little girl beamed happily at her grandpa. "Naga's staying at my house tonight. Daddy said you and uncle V could come have dinner with us if you want to?"

Goku laughed. "Uncle V?"

"That's what Flick calls uncle Vegeta. And he calls him Vegyhead too but I don't think that sounds very nice. He says uncle V looks like an artichoke." She made a sour face showing her dislike of the vegetable.

Goku laughed again then abruptly sobered when he caught sight of the prince's flushed, angry face. "Uh… Hey! Dinner sounds great! What do you say, Vegeta? Let's get some dinner."

Naga climbed into her grandfather's arms and the four of them flew off to visit Goten.

Two figures suddenly appeared in the living room of the dark cottage. "That boy annoys me to no end!" Vegeta grumbled over that child of Goten's. "Little bastard." He stripped off his now stained and wet shirt, a supposed *accident* on the boy's part.

Goku fumbled for the light switch. "He's just being a boy. You shouldn't let him get to you. Now that the girls can control their ki he's going to be in for it."

Vegeta caught his hand before he could turn the light on. "Kakarott." He pressed against him and slid his hands over Goku's muscular chest. The change in his mood seemed instantaneous and took Goku by surprise. "I want to go outside."

The taller man shivered at the prince's tone and his stomach fluttered. "You do?"

The prince bit at his jaw. "Hn. Yes. The moon is rising. Can't you feel it?"

Goku shivered again. "*Now* I can. But what if I…can't control it and change?"

"Then I'll just have to teach you to control it. Won't I? There is a…custom…I wish to share with you. It is done under a full moon. On Vegetasai full moons were not so frequent…but I have no qualms with that." Vegeta smirked and opened the door, leading him outside. The prince was right. Goku felt the full moon's effects immediately as it edged up over the horizon. His blood warmed and the fur of his tail puffed out as if charged. "Are you sure it's okay?"

Vegeta studied his mate as the effects of the satellite began to muddle the other's thinking. "We can go into the forest under the trees if you like."

Goku nuzzled close, breathing in the clean smell of his prince's hair. "Mmmmm…yeah…that sounds good." Vegeta took his hand and led him on with a coy smirk. After guiding him under the concealing foliage for a number of minutes the prince stopped and pressed Goku securely up against the rough bark of a large tree. The taller man's tail looped securely around Vegeta's trim waist. He pulled the ouji up against him and reversed their positions, pressing the shorter man against the tree.

Vegeta laughed and caught Goku's lower lip between sharp teeth, sucking hard before letting go. "I think not." He tapped the large Saiyan's muscular chest with two fingers teasingly. "Catch me if you can…unless I catch you first…" The prince smirked and suddenly fazed away leaving Goku frowning in confusion.

The frown turned into an excited grin. "Sure, Oujisama." He murmured and began to stalk through the forest.

Spice nodded and jerked upright again only to stare dazedly down the alley as the new pins were set in place. 'It's just your imagination! Stop that!' She could have sworn that she had seen something come at her out of the corner of her eye. After a moment she realized the machine was stuck and hadn't moved for a long time. Sighing she took a gulp of the coke in her hand and grimaced, reaching over and pressing the reset button a few times. She had beaten her record now, she was sure. The problem was that she really didn't care. The exhausted girl just wanted to sleep. Her eyes wandered over her fingers as she attempted to recall how long it had been. '…3…4…6…aw forget it!' Instead, she tried to count how many times she had slept in all those days. 'It's been at least two days…I slept for an hour today…and maybe another hour or so two days ago…' Before that she had been drinking herself into a perpetual stupor and couldn't recall anything clearly…even then she couldn't sleep until she passed out. It was all jumbled.

'It's been more than five days at least. I'm starting to hallucinate.' She glared strait ahead and then finally turned to her left where she kept imagining someone was standing. Of course there was no one there. If she didn't sleep soon she felt like she would go on a rampage but sleep didn't seem likely at the moment. Once again she was wired.

She'd managed to get the last open lane, which just happened to be the end lane. The neighboring bowlers were a family with three overactive kids. No drinkers thankfully. She was trying to keep her mind off drinking.

Over the entire restless night she had successfully moved her stuff to the C.C. and then spent part of the day idly going stir crazy at the mansion since Vegeta never showed up. She managed to doze off for an hour but that was it. Trunks had looked in on her while she was laid out on the couch but didn't bother her, thinking she was asleep. At least she hadn't had any dreams.

She had another problem now. The last of her money was going into this evening. In just an hour or so she would be flat broke but she had to do *something*! She was also starting to feel strange and having trouble concentrating again. She was jittery and her tail kept tensing and loosening around her waist.

'Ugh!' It was taking all her self-control just to sit still.

Finally the machine started working again and she picked up her ball. A number of clattering clunks announced yet another strike. Stepping down with a tired smirk she noticed a guy standing a respectful distance away. 'Damn it! Concentrate!' She rebuked herself, thinking he was another hallucination until he waved and smiled at her.

"Hello."

She blinked and raised a suspicious eyebrow. "Hi."

He ducked his head politely. She could tell he wasn't from around here. He held himself differently. The accent was pretty obvious too. "I was just wondering if I could share your lane. All the others are full."

When she hesitated to reply, the family next to her cheerfully consented that "the more the merrier". Spice took another swallow of her coke before conceding that what he said was true and not some cheep come-on line, at least not completely. It seemed to be a bowling-league night and the place was crowded. She shrugged. "Eh, grab a ball. I got plenty of room." She yawned and plopped down before the monitor to program another player into the game.

The guy stepped up and looked down over her shoulder. She faltered when she turned to look up at him. "Name…wow, you're huge!"

He glanced over himself and laughed. "You really speak your mind, don't you?"

She smirked, recovering from how this guy seemed to tower over her. "I try."

He leaned down and observed that there was just a simple S where Spice's name should be. "T."

"T?" She repeated, waiting for him to expound but he just nodded. "Okay." She punched on the keypad and up popped S and Mr. T for the player names. "Have at it." She yawned again.

Only when he went up to bowl did she actually examine his features. He was *very* tall. Taller than her brother and Tong was *tall* by her standards. Of course, *she* was the shortest one in her family, taking after her mom. Spice frowned and pushed away that thought. His white hair reflected the artificial lighting brightly. 'Nice shoulders.' Abruptly Spice cut off that trail of thought as well. 'Bad form though.' Sure enough he only knocked down three pins on the right side. She got up to take her turn and bowled another strike.

"Wow, you're good."

"Nah."

"You must practice a lot."

"Nah."

"You're just a wellspring of conversation, aren't you?"

"Yup."

He laughed a rich deep tenor as he stood to take his turn and bowled just as badly as the first time. Normally Spice would have enjoyed her superiority over the other's lowly skills but for some reason she was feeling abnormally relaxed and sympathetic. "Hold up. You're gripping it wrong. Here. You've got natural rhythm, I can tell. Use it." She proceeded to teach him the proper technique. He learned quickly and began to do much better under her supervision. "You've never bowled before, have you?"

"No. I only have tried it after coming here. I'm new to this region."

"I can tell."

He stood to take his turn again. "May I ask what your name is, Miss? Or maybe I should guess."

"I suppose you could." She made no more attempt to answer him so he proceeded to guess.

"Hmmm… It begins with an S, no? Aaan… Let me see…Sara…Selia…Sasha…Sagria…"

Spice eyed him. "Sagria? What is that accent? Russian…Austrian?"

"It is similar." He flashed her a handsome smile. "Where I'm from Sagria means *wild grace*."

Spice smirked, not impressed. "Nothing so exotic. The name's Spice."

"Miss Spice." He ducked his head respectfully. "My name is Taigar. I am honored to meet you."

"Sure you are. …An it's just Spice."

At the end of the game Spice was actually disappointed. She'd had fun but her playtime was all used up. "Well. The lane's all yours. I should be getting home anyway, It's late." She was gratified to see how dismayed Taigar was at her leaving.

"It is not that late. Stay a while longer. I've enjoyed our game." He pleaded.

She actually smiled at him. Boy, she *was* in a strange mood. "Sorry. I'm broke. I've got to *try* to get some sleep even if I can't."

"Do you have…how do you say…insomnia?" He asked, genuinely concerned.

Spice snorted sardonically. "Just a bit." He sat down beside her and smiled charmingly. 'Aw jeez!' Her insides turned all warm and tingly just from his smile alone.

"Then stay. Have fun. I'll pay. I owe you that much for letting me share your lane without repayment. You can help me improve the form you taught me. Da?"

She blushed and looked away, not understanding why. She was suddenly having disturbing thoughts about the handsome man begging for her company. "Oh what the hell? Better than tossing and turning all alon…*night*!" What had gotten into her?! She blushed again.

He grinned in triumph. "Good. I'll be right back. Would you like something to drink? A beer maybe?"

"Yes." As soon as the word came out of her mouth she ground her teeth in self-rebuke. "No. No, no, no. Um… A coke. Yes. A coke would be much better." He left. Oh! She ached for a beer! But she didn't need it. She didn't need it, damn it! But she wanted one so bad. Soon the foreigner returned with two drinks and began a new game. Spice continued to feel more and more strange. At one point she eyed the soda suspiciously but was sure it was fine. If there *were* something tainting it she should have been able to taste it. Finally she just gave in and decided to take advantage of this strangely good mood and stopped caring.

Whatever was wrong with her…she could certainly get used to it. They were going on their fourth game and she felt relaxed and loose and comfortably warm as if she'd had a nice long binge without drinking any alcohol at all. She was absolutely giddy. It was great. She turned and jumped with a surprised "Ack!" 'Damn, these hallucinations are getting old!' Spice blinked but it was still there. Frowning, she reached out and jabbed it in the chest.

Gohan backed up a step and rubbed his bruised collarbone. "Spice? Where have you been? I've been worried about you. It's been a week."

The dazed girl gasped and backed away when she realized she wasn't imagining the man in front of her. Reflexively she shook out her hand as if she'd touched something foul. 'When did I stop concealing my ki? Damn it.' She didn't know. An unconscious growl rose up from deep in her chest.

Gohan took another step back from his feral progeny, shocked by her reaction to him. For a moment she seemed not to even recognize him and now she acted as if he were going to attack her. What was wrong with her? "Spice? It's me. Please, Spice, come home. We can work everything out. I promise. Just come home."

She continued to back away until she bumped into something solid. "Spice? Is this person bothering you?" Taigar faced the demi-Saiyan and spoke evenly. "The lady obviously does not want your company. You should leave. Now."

Gohan hesitated and looked up at the strange man who stepped protectively in front of his little girl. He did not miss the possessive glint in the man's eyes. "And just who are *you*?" He demanded as any overprotective parent would.

Taigar drew up to his full height. "What business is that of yours? You are upsetting my friend. Go away."

Spice regained her wits again and patted the tall man on his arm before hopping over the ball-return. "Don't worry about it, bud. I'm leavin anyway." Before either of them could respond she fled. Taigar snorted haughtily and followed her, brushing passed Gohan and knocking him back a few steps.

The demi-Saiyan groaned and sank into a seat helplessly. "That didn't go very well at all." The realized that her chi was unsuppressed he had flown here as fast as he could. He had finally found her and she was gone again. She didn't even take the effort to yell at him. She just poked him and growled. He didn't understand it. Now that he had seen her he was more worried than ever. His little girl was so pale and thin. How was he going to get passed this wall between them?

A little more in-depth look into Tong's personality. Still working on expanding him, he's not totally mapped out yet. He is very school oriented. Seems to take after daddy a bit in that respect, doesn't he? But does he seem a little needy? Needy or not, he has his life more in order than Spice, that's for sure.

It's a full moon again. Time to have some fun. Taigar has made two appearances. He has popped up next to Tong *and* Spice now. I wonder what his agenda is. That's right, I haven't decided yet. *smirk*

He found her! And she blew him off. Poor guy.