Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Fall of the Mighty ❯ Bitterness and Divulgence ( Chapter 32 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Is Throwing Away Her Education To Pursue Yaoi~

Yes, I know that Diana isn't Greek…but I like her better, she sounds like diane. *grin* What the heck to you do for a living woman??! Are you a psychology major or something?! You bring me to my knees and then send me to float on kinto-un to heaven every time you review. I swear! If I weren't so *not* into girls I would go yuri just for you!! You are the most awesome thing since Shadows of the Past and Chains of Affection!! *gives huge-glistening-love-struck-Kaky-has-just-realized-his-feelings-for-Vegy-lo ok™ to diane* (stolen from Serapha but what's she gonna do?) And, no, I didn't know you were an author too but I searched through all the Artemis's until I found you. You will write more won't you? I'm sure you write beautifully!!

*looks over at Goku Mum* Uh…therapy? *laughs insanely for fifteen minutes* Uh, yeah! Therapy. hehehe Sorry. Just my little inner hentai coming out. *grins*

You know, Nathaly, that *is* a very bad habit. STOP THAT!! You will read my story properly!! None of this reading the last line first business!! No more!! You ruin the whole thing! I'm going to have to leave fake last sentences just to mess you up from now on!

I am soooo overflowing with happy yaoi images. I'm watching the Buu saga right now. I just saw the episode where Goku and Vegeta stand cheek to cheek, foot to foot, and arm to arm to blast Buu's mental image. That made me so happy. I wish I had recorded it. I could just watch that over and over again. I think I will have to sacrifice the money to go out and get the Buu saga on DVD. I would really rather get a boxset but funimation has only put out the child-friendly version as a boxset so far. *sighs happily* I looooooove Vegeto. He's such a smartass and soooo great!! But I really like seeing Vegy and Kaky interact. You never see them talk to each other that much. *floats away remembering all those great scenes with them together*

~I Enjoy It So Much More Than Studying~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gasping he stared into Goku's eyes. "I killed you for them…and then Frieza came and did the same to me."

Goku stared, shocked, and Vegeta kissed him again with still unused passion before pulling away and getting to his feet. "I'm leaving."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Bitterness and Divulgence*

Amazingly, Spice was actually unconscious when her bed suddenly rattled and shook. Whimpering mournfully, she whined at the disturbance. "I was *asleep*! Go away!"

"And now you're awake so get up." Came the overly cheerful reply and she was bounced again.

The girl seethed and then sobbed helplessly. "What do you waaaaaaaaaant?!!"

Tong tugged on her blanket making his sister have to shield her eyes from the bright sunlight pouring in the window. "I want you to go to breakfast with me."

She glared up maliciously and covered her eyes with her arm. "No! Go away!"

"Yes! Come on!" He grabbed her arm and tried to drag her off the bed but she held on tightly.

She hadn't gotten to sleep until after daybreak and here was her own flesh and blood trying to prolong her torture. It was bad enough that her hormones were out of whack from the moon but now she had to deal with Tong's permanent hormonal imbalances as well. "What are you doing here?" She grouched. "Aren't you supposed to be at work or something?!"

"School is almost out for the summer. They don't need me at the office anymore. I just have my classes for the rest of the summer break. You don't seem all that surprised that I'm here." He tugged harder but she refused to give in. "Don't make me power up!"

"It doesn't take a genius to figure out where I might be." She retorted. "And I could squish you like a bug without the slightest bit of effort no matter how high you powered up."

Tong laughed. "Maybe, but that mattress won't stand a chance against me."

The annoyed girl growled and let go causing them both to fall on the ground with twin thumps. "Why won't you leave me alone, you jerk?!" She moaned.

Tong stood up and started rifling through her dresser. "Already moved in, didn't you? That was fast."

"Had to do *something* all night." She growled sarcastically and rolled to see what he was doing. A pair of underwear and a bra smacked her in the face followed closely by some jean shorts and a bright green tank top. "Hey! Get out of my stuff!!"

The tall young man grinned and went back to searching through her underwear drawer. "Why? What could I possibly find in *your* unmentionables that would actually be unmentionable?" He cut off and his eyes grew wide. The grin turned twice as big and he dangled something red and lacy just out of Spice's reach. "And just *who* would my little sis wear *this* for?"

She snarled and snatched the thong out of his hand. The next thing he knew he was flying out the door to slam into the wall across the hall. "Hurry up." He laughed. "I'm hungry!"

"I have to take a shower!" She snapped and slammed the door. He could hear her cussing him out from inside the room and laughed even harder.

Tong peered at his sister over a menu. "You look like crap. You really should ease up on the drinking."

She glared at him and slammed down her own menu irritably. "I haven't had anything in two days."

"Huh? You quite drinking?" Spice ignored him and he feigned shock. "Oh. No wonder you look like crap. Good."

"So glad you approve." She snapped at him with a raised eyebrow. The waitress came and they ordered.

When she walked away Tong turned his attention to his estranged sibling again. "Hasn't this gone on long enough?"

Spice stared at him with narrow eyes for a moment. "Yes. That's why I ended it. No more pretenses. No more smiles. I was tired of it. I despise him. I wasn't totally sure before but now I know it."

"Why are you doing this?" Tong asked incredulously. "Do you even know what it's doing to him? Do you care?" Tong tried to reason with her but she just stared at him coolly. He could still see their father as he had been that morning when Tong had stopped by. He had been sitting all by himself at the kitchen table and brooding over a cup of coffee.

The stone-faced girl sighed and leaned back in the booth, speaking calmly and emotionlessly. "Tong. You know that Gohan blames himself for you, don't you?" She put an emphasis on the name Gohan, asserting the distance she had placed between him and herself. "He believes he failed somewhere and caused you to stray." She took a sip of her water. "He doesn't do that with me…which is a good thing, I guess. He just blames everyone I've ever known for how I've ended up. Never mattered what I did. I was always *influenced* by someone, pressured, led on, it was never *my* fault. Someone else was always to blame. His *little sweetheart* couldn't possibly do anything like *that*. You know what it's like for no one to see you for what you are. You know how insulting that is, don't you? To never get credit for anything you do. It's one thing when someone is blind but when he just refuses…" She shook her head in frustration.

"Spice. He wants you to come back. He knows he's done some things wrong and he wants to make it up."

"Does he?" She snorted. "I take responsibility for everything I do. I *want* it. He never held me responsible. I stopped looking to him for satisfaction long ago. He always brushed everything off like it would go away as long as he put a good face on it. The more he brushed things off the harder I tried to do them but it never made any difference."

Tong cut her off dubiously. "That's not true. We all got punished when we deserved it."

"By who?" She snapped back. "Mom was the rule maker. She was the tough one. She was gone all the time while I was little. It was just me and Gohan for a long time." She lost herself in thought for a few seconds and then shook it away. "I hold him just as responsible as I hold myself. Grampa has already forgiven him and I'm sure he convinced Vegeta to leave him alone. Not me. I will not associate with someone so…so self-righteous that he thinks he can…that he can *force* the world to cater to his own…" She made an aggravated sound. "He did something that I can't even describe my feelings toward. He *will* know it. He *will* feel it. 'Oops, my bad' is not acceptable!"

The young man shook his head angrily. "Since when is it your place to punish people for their mistakes?"

"Since it needs to be done and no one else will do it. Call it a vendetta if you want. I don't care. It's just him, no one else. If I tried to deal with all the shit floating around here I'd be up to my eyeballs."

Tong stopped and eyed her. "What is that supposed to mean?" When Spice didn't answer he turned hostile. "Tell me what that's supposed to mean. Huh? Well?"

She fidgeted and glared at him as if it was his fault she had let that slip. "He's not the only one who can't see what's happening right in front of his face but at least he doesn't latch onto every slime ball that crosses his path."

Tong was stunned. "I can't believe you just said that." He opened his mouth and closed it a few times before he was able to continue, his voice rising in volume. "How can you say that to me? How dare you! You bitch!"

Spice let her head thump on the booth and rolled her eyes, thoroughly annoyed. Her brother sputtered and stood up to leave only to come back a second later. She knew he wouldn't walk away, he was incapable of walking away. He would always come back to yell, he would always try to explain himself. He could never leave anything hanging. "What right do you have to tell me what I've done wrong?! What do you know about dealing with relationships?! How many boyfriends have you had?! You have no place judging me! Maybe if you had at least *some* experience I wouldn't mind your opinion but you're an innocent who has no idea what you're talking about!" He sat down again, flushed and angry and not even close to finishing his rant. Spice just sat there watching him with a dry, non-plussed, put-upon, bored expression and sighed. Minutes went by and the young man was still going strong in his tirade. The food arrived and he only paused long enough for the waitress to leave before continuing. "I've put up with too much crap from everyone else to take it from you too so don't even go there! Don't fucking go there! Because, first of all, it's none of your business and, second, you don't know anything about it so you have no basis for your little opinion!"

Finally there was silence.

Spice raised an eyebrow while she finished off half of her sandwich. "You finished yet?" Tong made a face and testily started on his cooling food. "Can I say something now?" Spice waited until Tong nodded, still perturbed. "You lie."

Her brother stopped eating again. "What?! *What* did I lie about?! Tell me what the hell I fucking lied about!!" He challenged.

She picked up the ketchup bottle and tried to shake out the condiment without much success. "It wouldn't matter how many boyfriends I had. You still wouldn't listen to me. I may not have had seventeen boyfriends but I at least *learned* from the experiences I *did* have."

"It's different! You've never gone through the kind of things I have. You don't know…"

Spice slammed the ketchup down on the table hard enough to make the plates jump. "Will you SHUT UP!! You got to talk for fifteen minutes straight and I didn't interrupt *you*!" She took her knife and tried again to get the ketchup out. "Must have been really building up for you to go off on it for so long. Guess I haven't been around that much lately have I?" She said sarcastically. "What do you mean 'I don't know'? *You* are the one who tells me all about your problems and I *do* have eyes. I've seen some of your boyfriends and talked to them."

"It's different when you are involved…"

She glared and cut him off. "Do you mind? I'm still talking!"

"Yes, I mind! It's different! You see things differently and make different decisions when you're emotionally involved. *Don't you?*"

Spice paused when she realized he had directed that last sentiment at her and her attitude positively dripped with sarcasm. "Yeah! It blinds you! Obviously! But that goes both ways, dude!"

Tong grimaced and finally stopped talking.

She glowered. "As long as we're being *honest* here, I will say this now and I will never say it again. All your boyfriends have been blatant jerk-offs. I only met one that I didn't hate and he still wasn't boyfriend material. Then there was the one who went to jail and rehab…" Tong blanched and fidgeted while she spoke. "He still isn't leaving you alone, is he? Sheesh! How much *experience* do you have to have before you should be able to spot a loser from a mile away? I've started to wonder if you do it on purpose! What a pair we are! I drink myself blind and you get fucked blind. We're an inspiration to demi-Saiyans everywhere! Hmph. So where do I get off telling you how you fucked up? I don't. Never have, never tried. Where do *you* get off chewing me out for something I'm not doing?! I never said anything like that. I just made an intelligent observation. *You* are the one getting all defensive over nothing. *You*! Of course, the fact that you got all defensive in the first place…" She left that sentence hanging. Finally the ketchup came pouring out in a messy glob. She dunked one french-fry in the puddle and jabbed it in his direction. "Who are *you* to tell me what I have or haven't gone through? You're doing the exact same thing to me that you don't want me to do to you."

Tong frowned, simmering over everything she had said. "What do you mean? What have you ever gone through? What could you possibly compare to me? You're a baby." Spice eyed him for the baby comment and then ignored him, going back to her food while he looked at her suspiciously. "What? You mean JD or something?"

"That's my business."

"What did he do? He was a little twerp." Tong said disbelievingly but then he thought about it. "You lost all interest in boys after him, didn't you? It was him, wasn't it?"

She studied her sandwich intently. "I never was very interested. They are the ones obsessed with sex. *You* know that."

Tong set down his fork. "I said boys. I didn't say anything about sex. Tell me what happened."

She clicked her tongue in annoyance. "No."

The young man blinked. "So something did happen."

"No."

"Damn it, Spice! Just tell me!"

"No." Spice was almost ready to walk out. Tong would never stop pestering her now.

"What could have been so bad that you won't talk about it after all this time? It's been years. What difference could it possibly make?" He refused to back down.

The girl growled angrily at him. "All you care about is sex. You don't care about consequences. You don't think past the moment and what you want right now. I see it everywhere. My buds at school, you, dad, Vegeta, Nigel, even grampa. Grampa knows there are consequences for actions but he always assumes it will all work out in the end." She shook her head. "I refuse to suffer other people's consequences!"

"That's not true, Spice. You're just changing the subject."

"Isn't it? Am I? No, I haven't changed the subject. Suffice it to say that JD undermined my faith in the strength, intelligence, and trustworthiness of mankind and leave it alone. Just. Leave. It. *Alone*."

Tong rubbed his eyes, frustrated. "Just give me a straight answer. Can't you give a straight answer for once?"

"Why would I want to do that?"

He growled. "Jeez! You make is sound like he raped you or something! What happened?!"

Spice got up and walked out leaving Tong staring at the empty seat across from him.

After a second of confusion his jaw dropped. Fumbling a wad of cash onto the table he almost knocked the whole thing over in his haste to chase after her.

He caught up to her outside and grabbed her arm before she could transmit away. He held onto her shoulders and leaned to look into her hard unblinking eyes. The older sibling shook his head, his voice holding a distinct tone of warning. "You better answer my question right now! Did… Did he…"

A severe sneer twisted her face and she rumbled angrily. "Do you really think I'm so weak that I would let that happen? I would have crushed him with my own hands! I'm not Mira!" Tong still wouldn't let go so she looked away, sighed, and wilted. She stared at the ground but he wouldn't loosen his grip or let her go. The urge to lash out at him was so strong but she held it down, clenching her fists until her knuckles cracked. She knew she could fling him off easily but he would fight back and she didn't want to hurt him, it was too easy to lose control when her temper flared up. She just wanted to get away but she knew he wouldn't give up. He would never leave her alone. "He surprised me, that's all. I didn't expect it. He thought he could make me. He actually thought he could force me! Pissed him off real well. Gave me a nice wake up call about my self worth, that's for sure. All he saw was an easy fuck. Nothing else. Nothing. Just like those guys you take home. They all think you're an easy fuck. You just don't notice. Or maybe you don't care. Just like Mira. She was an easy fuck. I am not an easy fuck! I refuse to put up with narrow minded stupidity! Not JD's, not Nigel's, not dad's, not…not anyone's!"

"What does Mira have to do with this?" Tong asked blankly. Come to think of it, Marron's daughter hadn't come around in a long time. It had to have been at least a few years since he'd seen her. She and Spice used to do everything together.

Spice took a deep breath and explained in a light, even voice. "When fuckface found out I wasn't a weak little girl ready to fall all over herself to please him and after he found out he couldn't scare me into submission he went after her instead. He was my comrade and he took my best friend and ruined her life. There was nothing I could do. You want to know why Mira's hiding? She was weak. She's afraid to face anyone and I don't give a damn anymore anyway! Fuck it all! I know what it is like to be used and thrown away like trash. I know what it's like to lose what's most important to you. You take a knife in the ribs and realize that your best friend is gripping the hilt. See what you get for sticking our nose where it's not wanted? You always lose. I lose. You lose. Dad brought it on himself by being stupid. I refuse to be involved again. Not with you, not with Gohan, not with Kaky or Vegeta. Deal with your problems on your own! I don't want them! Thanks for breakfast, bro." She managed to pull out of his slackened grasp and disappeared.

Tong slumped against the wall and rubbed his face. He was shocked. He couldn't believe it. His sister? Someone had tried to rape his sister? Why didn't she ever tell any of them? Why…? And what she said about him. Was she right? Was it true? How old had she been? The young man counted back to when she had been in high school and gasped. Thirteen! Some asshole had dared to try to hurt his sister that way when she was only thirteen and she had never told any of them! His hands shook. He couldn't believe it. Where had she gone now? He was pretty sure she had probably gone back to Capsule Corp. He needed to go and talk to her. He felt so guilty all of a sudden. Where had he been when his little sister had needed him? Is that why she didn't date? Is that why she was so harsh and cold? What had he said to her today? All the things he had ever said to her. Every time he had ever told her about the rotten things various boyfriends had done to him. She'd listened to it all and never said a thing to him. She always listened. Now that he thought about it he realized she had never told him anything about her private life. Not really. He knew almost none of it.

Spice walked into the living room, lost in thought. 'Great. Just great!' This was all she needed. Why couldn't everyone just leave her alone?

As if in answer to the question something cracked against the side of her skull. She barely flinched. A bruised apple landed on her foot and she looked blandly to the source of the flying fruit.

Nigel was smugly gleeful at her lack of reflexes. "There's someone at the door for you."

Spice just held his gaze with calm composure. "Thanks. Hey, Nigel? What happened to your face?" She asked snidely. He grimaced and held the cold-compress back on his black eye. Without any warning, she sent a blast of ki that knocked him flying to bounce off the wall and then walked past him to the front door.

Surprise was a very weak term for her reaction when she saw who it was. "Yes?"

"Hello, Spice. I hope I am not overstepping my boundaries by showing up so soon but I was wondering if I might have the pleasure of your company again." As he spoke he glanced curiously over her shoulder at the teenager who was recovering and calling her names.

"Um…" She searched her fuzzy memory for his name. "Taigar, right?"

He shot her a charming grin and nodded. He was just as handsome in daylight as he'd been last night. She sighed. At least now she had control of her body. "Look. I know I was pretty forward last night and I'm telling you now that it was a one-time thing. I don't normally do things like that…at all. So I'm sorry if I led you on. If you're looking to score then go look somewhere else 'cause it's not gonna happen."

The white haired man frowned like he was trying to fathom what she was saying and then his brows rose as comprehension dawned. "Oh, no. You misunderstand me. I want only your company. I would do nothing so graceless."

Spice didn't believe a word and made no attempt to hide it. "Really. You certainly didn't have any complaints last night."

He held up his hands innocently and shook his head. "I am a man. It is hard to resist when a beautiful woman is thrust into your arms. I know that that man who spoke to you last night distressed you. May I add that you were the one who kissed me?"

Spice stood chagrined. "Yes." She conceded.

"I admit that I like you very much even though I have known you for only a few hours. You are honest and strong willed. That is looked well upon in my culture. I merely wish to get to know you before I am forced to return home." He continued.

The girl considered him. It was true that he hadn't made any real moves on her. He *had* used some charming pick up lines but that was all. The main thing that rose to mind was that he had stood up to her father when he didn't know anything about her or Gohan at all. He had seen her get upset and tried to protect her. That impressed her a lot. She felt out with her senses. Her brother had just started heading this way and she could feel Vegeta up-and-around off in the distance. The prince might stay with Kaky today, considering what they were doing last night, but who knew? If she were to escape, she had to do it soon.

"I thought that, since I am still new to the city, you might be willing to show me the sights." Taigar added hopefully.

Spice relaxed a little and put on a small smile. "Why not? I could use a little fresh air. Be right back." She reappeared with a pair of sunglasses on and a green flannel tied around her waist. "What do you want to see first?"

^_^ Can you tell I'm buying time? I mean…No…I know exactly what's going to happen…really… *ahem* ^_^; Ok. Kind of a tense brother/sister moment. There's always a reason for everything you know. Spice would be really shallow if she just *was* the way she was. Of course…she *is* pretty shallow but *shrug*. Here you get a little bit more of a glimpse of their relationship and one very crucial detail of Spice's personality. I'm working on it! I will get more up soon! Be patient with me!

Thanks to Serapha for her tips and comments. Helped me remember a few things I have been neglecting.