Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Gama's Blood Crystal ❯ New Beginnings ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Gama's Blood Crystal

Chapter 11: New Beginnings

School had ended a while ago. But instead of using the forest surrounding the eastern side of her school to get to her house more quickly, she'd headed straight thru to the heart of the woods. She'd always found it to be exactly what she needed when she needed to calm down or feel comforted. In fact, this was the same spot she went to when she was transported to the Labyinth… That's why she was here today. She was going here to prove it to herself. If the portal had ever been, then there would be a mark in the grass. …my room wasn't burned tho… She mentally growled at herself. Nagging thoughts… The first portal burned me andsucked me in thru the ground. The second dropped me from above, so there wouldn't have been anything wrong with my room, butthere would be a scorch mark in the ground here. That was her logic anyways. She just hoped she wasn't trying to delude herself into thinking none of it ever happened. This would be the only proof she would have since she'd always healed from her injuries within a day and a half. So she wouldn't have had any wounds on her by morning. She never did. And then there was the troublesome thought if her dream were real, she would have been gone for a day or 2. Yet no one had said anything…

When she got to the clearing, she immediately looked around. She even checked the edges of the small area. Nothing. She sat down in the middle of the ground, looking around once again, but still, there wasn't even a bent blade of grass. She sighed. It was just a dream. Everything was as it always had been. The thought surprisingly depressed her. None of it had happened. But why had it felt so real? Was that just my mind's way of saying that there was still somethinggood left in this world? She looked around, this time just looking. Then lay down, spreading her arms away from her, as she stared at the sky. There were some clouds visible and on the horizon, there appeared to be a huge storm coming. Gigantic, steel gray clouds slowly coming closer and closer. With the chill in the air, she knew that it was a blizzard coming. Kind of early for this time of year. Not even thanksgiving yet…

She stared at them, almost smiling as she remembered a very good reason to love life. Storms. Blizzards, really. In the valleys, what little snow you got was quickly melted away. But in the mountains… She closed her eyes, actually smiling at the thought. When her father was over at his drinking buddies' homes, leaving her alone on Christmas, and there was a blizzard or snowstorm, she could feel at peace, euphoric, genuinely smile. Only on those days could she lose herself to the gently drifting snow as it softly floated past her windowsill. And some hot drink she had made, sometimes even hot water, she would wrap herself up and just stare. Stare and imagine she were in her own mountain home, on a typical day, trapped inside because of the blizzard. Not have to do anything but watch the storm or get ready to go play out in it. Dance is more like it… Those rare moments were the only things that kept her going at times. Whatever it was about snow and storms called to her very blood….

She suddenly remembered her dream. The thought had never occurred to her, but perhaps she did have some Gama in her. Her mother definitely was a Lightning Gama. And she did remember being told her father was an Ice Gama… Lightning and Ice… Blizzard Gama! She gave a small laugh. Whatever her dream was; a reminder of the good times, that she had Gama blood in her; whatever it was, was definitely affecting her. Giving her hope…

Hope… She thought back, remembering her entire dream as best she could. She decided that she wouldn't forget it, but she would stop trying to figure it out. It was a nice dream, but if it never happened…. Well, despite the new attitude and sudden reminder of why she refused to kill herself, it was just a dream. And she still had the chance of getting into college and getting herself out of this hellhole, so there really was no reason to ruin her life or anything over something that wasn't even real. No coward's way out, no delusions, no hope. That's what I promised myself. And what do I do? Hope away!

She shook her head and opened her eyes, staring at the clouds. She rolled her eyes at herself and stood up. She had homework to do and she figured that she might as well not give her father any reason to harass her. Plus, it would really get her mind off it all. She stared once more at the clouds, savoring the scarce, sweet moment of contentment and safety that came with the promise of the blizzard before grabbing a backpack she vaguely remembered dropping, and heading home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She got to her house rather quickly and found that her father was there too. Only he was completely passed out with an empty bottle of Tequila barely hanging onto his hand and the T.V. blaring with some no name porn. She ignored it with disgust and took a quick look around the utterly trashed trailer before picking her way across the room and grabbing the remote. She changed the channel to the first station that came to her mind that she knew was safe. The News. Just as she was about to turn it off, however, she decided that T.V. very well may be what she was looking for to get her mind back to normal. Plus she could find some news on how the storm would play out. So she went to the coffee table in front of her father in search of food. After grabbing the few pieces of pizza crust left in the box, she walked over to the only other couch in the room and sat down.

The station was just finishing up some stupid story about some random drive-by killing in her town and had started talking about some news that really got her attention.

"Our next story is about the sudden uprise of a new God-fearing cult called "The Gamanians". Saria stared at the T.V. with a strange look at the mention of that name. "These `Gamanians' seem to be growing in popularity and are also much stricter than any of the other Christian religions. They are said to have an almost fearful view of the God they worship and also have a very strong hatred of Witchcraft and any kind of sorcery. Despite this, they do not appear to be threatening anyone. However, many of the other Christian religions are warning not only their followers, but any who would listen, to stay away from this "Cult of Satan worshippers" as said by one Bishop in the Protestant community. For now, the general public has been advised to not get involve with what appears to be a budding religious war. In other News… - "

Saria stopped listening after that. Gamanians? This unnerved her. That sounded like the Gama that her mother had always taught her about, but only with what they were called. These guys sounded like they were an extremely violent type. Either way, this doesn't sound good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trunks and Vejita were sparring out in the Gravity room and it was obvious that Trunks was getting his ass kicked way too easily. Vejita suddenly drops out of Super Saiya-jin mode and stares down his son.

"Enough! You aren't even pretending to concentrate! Go away until you're ready to give me some decent competition."

Vejita then turns his back on Trunks and starts his training as Trunks just stares at him in shock. When Vejita continues to ignore him, he walks out of the Gravity room, head bowed, and sets off towards the house. It'd been several weeks since he'd seen her last and he still couldn't erase her from his mind.

He stopped short suddenly when he felt a presence behind him. He abruptly turned around and came face to face with Azrel. She looked at him and sighed, as if wishing she didn't have to do whatever it was she was about to. "I'm sorry to bother you like this, but we had no other choice. When we transported you and your friends back to your world, we noticed how strong you all really were. We still had hoped it wouldn't have come to this, but since we knew how much you cared for the girl, we finally decided to come and ask for your help. The one who created the Blood Demon didn't come back to check up on his pet. It appears that he was watching the entire event from elsewhere. While we were still in the Labyrinth, he attacked what was left of my race, killing all that were there. Now there are only 3 of us. We aren't enough to stop him, but we were prepared to die as honorably as we could. Except something went horribly wrong. Instead of going after us, he tracked you all down, finding your home world, as well as the girl's. And now he's in her world, seeking revenge against the one who would dare kill his creature. Please. Will you help us stop him before it's too late?"