Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ In the End ❯ Chapter 6: A Standing Ovation and Independence. ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: A Standing Ovationand Independence.
*~*Saving others hardly seemed as it was made out to be. It wasn't fun, nor was it exciting. So many lives needed salvation, would he be able to actually save them?*~*
*~*From children, to adults, elders, and even animals; was this job worth it? Did they thank him? Did they take his work for granted? He even questioned himself. This was unlike him. He never wished to be the helper of these people when times seemed difficult, or difficult. *~*
 
“God bless you Android 17, bless you!” The woman's tears seeped through the settled smoke upon her cheeks. Her expression revealed all aspects of gratefulness and sincerity. With an unyielding death grip, she clutched her son onto the tattered clothing of her nearly black cleavage, never wishing to ever release him. Her lips parted into a meek smile towards him and silently she cooed her pride and joy, the young and fragile boy.
 
If only other situations were as touching.
 
The flames danced brilliantly, seeming indestructible in their twists and turns of horror and might. Smoke smoldered about, leaving a thick haze around this mimicked hell and lost land. What could he do to end this barrage of Hades?
His indigo orbs of vision swiftly lurked about and his black hair trembled against the heated clutches of the suffocating wind. The flames would soon consume this small territory and 17 had only a few seconds to react- mere few seconds to think of a single plan.
They would die of smoke inhalation if he managed to even fly from the ground. This was truly a predicament. He needed to act quickly.
 
“Get down, and stay far from me.” He spoke wryly, barely speaking above the chaos.
 
She nodded hesitantly, unclear faith within the younger being. Would he certainly distribute them out of this situation alive?
 
Sighing briefly, the youth slowly extended his supple arm. So rapidly did light build about his lithe digits and thumb. Aimlessly, he glanced aside towards the pair in an arrogant fashion. Humans were always amazed by his feats such as these.Wind swept against the very bowels of his confused heart and allowed his black strands of midnight hair to soar. His perceptiveness was that of an immortal: glorious and luminous towards sight. He was truly remarkable indeed.
The attack seemed to ricochet forward. Limbs of trees drove upwards and burst apart in an extreme rain of ash. It seemed to fall instantly, but once released, the bluish beam was truly a force beyond that of any heavenly light. It swallowed the forest and flames completely, annihilating the arid atmosphere. It bent towards the heavens and vanished inside the cerulean depths of the sky. He had done it.
His handsome countenance fell and he twitched abruptly towards her screams.
 
Why did females scare so easily? “Get going, I need to go back for the rest.” He yelled passively over the dirt path and onto her that unbelievingly adored him.
 
Gathering herself and her heir, the woman stood mutely. No words could describe the great feeling she felt. A squeal rose inside the innocent basin of her heart and she could have leapt with serine joy. She ignored his words completely, and only tugged onto the boy beside her, “Thank you Android 17, so much.”
 
He blinked, totally confused. “Uh… anytime…”
 
She returned his words with a weak smile and went on, content with him and truly thankful for his assistance. She would never forget this day, and would forever remember the times in which she stayed with the Android in which the world feared but the same young man that had given her another day of life.
 
He was graced with supreme shock and his countenance fell into a flabbergasted and poor condition. The woman honestly meant it. The shift of fear and remorse into the beautiful depths of gratefulness and praise inside her divine eyes swelled him greatly with an unknown feeling and concept.
 
Actually, his words to her could not even express his truest feelings. The elusive words that spilled from his lips earlier seemed as random idiocy by this point.
 
“Darn it! I'm so stupid!” Embarrassingly, he smacked a palm onto his forehead. He wished to crawl underneath the smallest rock, “Real smooth Derrick, real smooth!”
 
*Actions spoke louder than words, and perhaps the woman would indeed remember*.
 
He arose from the ground meekly. Other things needed to be done. Hopefully, the woman would run into some type of help or civilization. Right now, it was no longer his concern, or was it? Did it matter?Washislife like this when he was human?Humans required too much attention.
 
Loud shrieks parted through the dead vegetation and fire of the area. It exceeded all of the panic filled cries and desperate screams he had experienced. A large amount of people needed assistance and it seemed that they could not wait any longer. They had only proved his point further.
 
He sailed backwards through the limitless atmosphere and lunged towards the grand building of complete peril. He flailed his arms and turned into mid air causing his form to dive through the burning exterior of the Hilton Hotel. It was crushed under his extreme force and flames seemed to sprout upwards into the morning sky. 17 coughed abruptly, the cerulean orbs of his dim eyes blinded by the black mist of smoke inside of this crude, death trap.
 
Some idiots would stay inside a burning building and await his arrival, wouldn't they?  
 
17 stood wobbly and was soon thrown off balance as the building's floor tilted aside and it seemed to moan as it shifted once more, leaning onto its western wall. It was threatening to cave in.
 
~*~She screamed and cried out in terror. Sweat dripped from her brows and she inclined her eyes with another loud yelp. Her heart only raced and her lungs received air painfully. They would die here and would be forgotten in the dark abyss of this once grand hotel. Her small fingers sunk into the sleeves of her wailing mother and she threw her head back in anguish. A sob swelled through her while the ceiling seemed to drop closer. Its dust and ash collapsed onto her head and she pained to look further. Mere inches from perishing; she winced abruptly, awaiting this cruel death.
 
Seconds later, the prolonged death did not come. Something was wrong. She peeked fearfully above, yet the ceiling was still. The adults all gasped in entwined horror yet astonishment. What had happened? Were they saved?
 
17 grunted, shifting the ceiling above his head. His lips parted into a sort of strained and gurgled snarl of complicacy. This thing was heavy, extremely heavy as a-matter-of-fact. His nostrils flared as the building's weight protested to move. Glass shattered and splinters segregated before him. Clenching his teeth, the 5'7 teenager swallowed a swollen lump and spoke between his porcelain like teeth, “Yo! Move, get going, I'll hold it!”  
 
The group seemed threatened to speak. No words formed.
 
What in the blue depths of Hades were they doing? “I said get going! You'll die if you stay!”
 
A hesitant voice spoke, “T-there's n-no where t-to go! We've t-tried to e-exit!”
 
Oh great, now another situation in which he had to think. How could he hold onto the ceiling and get them out all at the same time? “Oh come on! You've got to be kidding me!”
 
“Save us Android 17, please!” They screeched, lower lips fumbling to continue on.
 
“Just give me a sec, alright?” He murmured through gritted teeth and his tense tongue. What could he possibly do?
Furrowing his brows, the young man's gaze met them alas, a solution found indeed, “Hold on to me, I'm going to instantaneously transmission us out of here. Hurry, get a move on!”
 
They scrambled fiercely towards him. He was their only hope. Some clung to his legs and soon even hooked their fingers into the tattered holes of his jeans. He hardly saw any of them; the smoke was so great that it had swallowed them completely.
 
Would this work the same?
 
He knitted his brows once more, a waiting the time in which they would vanish and leave this murky place. He tilted his head, and still, they moved not. What was going on?
“What's wrong? We need to leave now Android 17!”
 
“I need to power up darn it!” He spoke aloud and his footing shifted while the ceiling's weight increased tremendously. His brows narrowed severely and his head quaked as he was forced downwards once more. He wouldn't allow it to end this way.
 
A dark aura befell him, and his toned muscles tensed beneath the fabric of his clothing.
 
 
*~*
 
 
“Daddy, I don't see 17!
 
“He shouldn't have gone on ahead without us. It's his fault Drina!”
 
“Are you insane?! He could be killed!” Her full lips parted into the deepest depths of concern and she yearned to see him.
 
Light brimmed its way fluently through the dim and burning sockets of the hotel's grand windows. The building seemed to burst apart along side dazzling illuminations. The wind spread afar rapidly yet harshly the same. It grew intense with each rising and precious second. A scream beckoned it's way through the shattered masses of clumps and gravel. Soaring high above seemed as a roof top, and it swung wildly, vanishing between sky and air. Those watching gasped and crept for guidance in this maddening display of chaos.
 
18 collapsed onto her father for his safety while the barrage raged on. Glass and wood met her back feverishly and she grew agitated with every hit. Where was 17?
 
The little girl's eyes bulged greatly during this hour. The building seemed to vanish in its own hellish flames. Above, the sky seemed to vaporize clearly into her angelic view. Fresh air of delight swept in and the boy responsible seemed so grand to her. He seemed too brilliant. He was as the sun that he allowed her to see once more.
17's head tilted back and his voice died in an echo like storm. Wind vanished immediately and his aura soon fell on its own. His shoulders slumped during his stumbling steps while he attempted to obtain balance. Azure eyes fled into the back of his head as he seemed to lurk drunkenly. His knees bucked underneath him and he resisted the urge to faint. His breaths grew ragged and his lower chest trembled for air. His strength seemed to drain with each desperate pant of weakness. 17 swayed drowsily before he sunk bitterly onto his face. His eyes slipped closed and his fingers rarely twitched. That was too much power.
 
People scrambled and scattered in dramatic amounts. He had rescued them all.
 
 
“Derrick could have killed someone Drina, he's too dangerous.” Deidara spoke against the protective arms of his little girl. Would she end up like him?
 
Daddy, I'm just as dangerous. I'm not as immature as 17, but I have my ways. He saved them anyway, it hardly matters.” 18's blonde hair billowed into the evening breeze and she unconsciously tightened her grip around the man. He really had some nerve.
 
“Promise you won't end like him Drina. Promise me.”
 
Using her usually calm and luscious voice, she responded firmly, “Daddy, I can't promise you that. I wont lie. I need to do what I'm going to say and not the opposite, and right now, I'm not too sure of what I want to be. Whatever I turn out to be, its going to be by my call and mine alone.”
 
Deidara pained to hear this, but it was true and clearly evident. She'd follow the brat in death and she wouldn't be swayed by any opinions nor words. All had been lost.
 
Crowds gathered. Scores and scores of people grew eager to see him. Fire fighters, police, and victims alike stood side by side watching and gawking towards his every movement.
 
Questions such as: “Is he alive?” and “Did he really save them all?” arose frequently. Girls squealed towards him and young boys flailed their arms in hopes of one day flying just like he did. Whichever the case, 17 did not move.
 
“Excuse me, pardon me. Yeah move, and okay.” 18's lithe form squeezed through the great masses of humans. She passed her slender fingers through the blond strands of silken hair and awaited the boy to awaken. Propping her hands onto her hips, she allowed her shoulders to slump into boredom, “17, stop goofing off, get up.”
 
Few seconds later, 17 grunted briefly and inclined his chin. His elbows seemed to quake and he shifted his weight backwards onto his bent hind legs.
 
Those watching gasped completely. He had survived.
 
“Didn't you see what I had to do, and you order me to get up?” His jaw shook and he blinked repetitively. He adjusted his head momentarily and staggered onto his feet. His stature threatened to slump back but he casually folded his arms behind his dusty head. Sure slight bruises and scuffs graced his features, but the crowd was only glad to have him alive.
 
Cutting his ice like eyes in his usual fashion, he commented, “What are all of you looking at?”
 
They arose in a glorious praise of happiness. Their cries certainly surprised him, and he knew not of what to do. He blinked and his sibling only smirked. She pushed against his back and hugged an arm about his neck. She placed her chin upon his shoulder and only waved onto the people, “Oh look, a standing ovation just for you little bro.” Sarcasm laced inside her words, but he didn't mind it. He was too lost in shock to realize it.
 
They clapped because he saved a few puny people? Humans were indeed weird.
 
The damage taken upon that day was never replaced. No one could restore their houses or destroyed and burned lives. Poverty fell afterwards, but many fled onto shelters. Still, they delighted in seeing the one that had saved them and had given them new hope. Now the issue was not of them remembering. The only question that remained was: In a lifetime, would some unexplainable force cause them to forget.
 
Would this force be fear?