Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ In the End ❯ : Foreign Allies and Evident Failure. ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: Foreign Allies and Evident Failure.
“Androids 17 and 18 have been dispatched once again in Iraq and are currently assisting U.S. soldiers against the terrorist threat. America truly wonders if they should be used once more despite the massive display of power during the immense wild fire break outs across Arizona and Texas. Will this plan to help soldiers in Iraq benefit us in the end? I'm Sandy Tucker and this has been your social-.“ The screen went blank, the sound mute.
 
“I was watching that Derrick, if you must know. . .”
 
“Well Deidara, I could care less. By the looks of it, I should be watching this more so than you. It actually involves me this time. Why wasn't I aware that I would be helping the U.S. army? Ya know, you don't usually forget to tell someone that they will be in battle soon, that's not some information you wish to get twisted.”
 
“This is not an interrogation Derrick. Since you have questions, I have questions. What exactly did you tell Gero earlier? You know better as to not bother him. He is a very respectable man ya know…”
 
“Well,” He paused briefly. “I told him he was a senile, old man that could go take his little plan and -“
 
“I told you not to disrespect him at all costs, Derrick. He created you, you need to obey him.”
 
“Like 18 always says, you and mother conceived me. Gero only heightened my abilities. Besides, he told me I'd be watching over 50 men. Sort of impossible don't you think? I'm only one person. I can't watch all of them individually and at the same time. His plan is going to fail. Somebody is going to die.”
 
“You have Drina to help you. She'll have 25 and you'll have 25. We have to do it that way. America is already head over heels because of the new election. No one else can die. If no one dies, the duty to pull out of this mess will be easier for the next president.”
 
“So ya'll are doing this for publicity? Figures…”
 
“Not just that, also the next president.”
 
 
The arid day was truly a site to behold. No grass, no vegetation, only sand and miles and miles of sky. This was so dull, yet beautiful the same. Salamanders crept and stirred inside the mounds of gold dust, vanishing from the sights of elegant hawks who claimed the sky in heavenly patterns of angelic flight. To be free as they seemed as a ridiculous idea to the soldiers. Some had left behind families, others simply wished to serve their nation and love, The United States of America. They stood proudly in rows of their important camouflaged apparel. Buttons shimmered in the foreign sun and the dry wind wept against the thick fabric of their sleeves. The nation's weight seemed to be upon their backs.
 
“Men, we know what we are here for, and we know exactly what needs to be done. There is no reason to fail and no room for mistakes. None of you can die. Androids 17 and 18 will assure you all of that. Be calm and remember your training men. Now…”
 
“Move out!” Deidara's final words were enough. Men buzzed about, dodging each other's heels. Their spirits were anxious and they could not wait for what faced them in combat.
 
 
 
*~* Horrid screams befell the dreaded, sand-filled land. Bodies were tossed, limbs lost in vicious explosions of the hidden enemy. Feet rushed and scrambled about while gun fire bombarded the desolate atmosphere. These were the actions of the enemy soldiers, who by chance, knew not of what exactly was going on.
17 had never witnessed so much terror, never since the towers had been struck. They were winning, yet to what cost exactly? Men just as they, would leave their family's fatherless and would leave this world a terrible way. Would the war really be won if they continued this? How could they bring peace to this nation if they, themselves, were assaulting others in devastating matters?
The dust and smoke dispersed from the ground and billowed darkly into this blood soaked wind. Bombs whistled, warning those of their awaiting fate. Chaos and calamity grew intense, the gun fire becoming consecutive. Children, mere babies, were trembling, scattering about the field in uttermost confusion. Their wails never ceased, and soon they were buried under tons of gravel and debris.
 
Awful
 
His head jerked right and left, his eyes scanning the saddened sight in the deepest sincerity. They did not deserve all of this. They were outnumbered greatly and had no chance of survival. His heart ached as they dispatched from their houses in complete fear and how they tripped and fell in an attempt to flee. This was wrong, this was indeed war.
 
He could not take any more; he needed to stop this act.
 
He dove forward, seeming determined and stubborn as ever. He revolved, grasping a soldier's sleeve swiftly as he continued to shift towards base. An explosion sounded off behind him, the echoes becoming lost in the wind as he sped on. The man screamed with a gurgled gasp, clearly aware of his close incident with death. He released him from his grip, dumping him usually onto the sand. His body paused instantly, the beautiful dust being blown away from his dramatic power, clouding the vision of the enemy completely. He titled backwards, glaring to Deidara, “Stop this now, we've won!”
 
“Are you insane?! This has just begun. We are giving them as they deserve Derrick. Now go back and finish it!”
 
 
18 grasped the head of an on coming missile between her slender fingers, crushing it under her force. Sparks hurriedly continued to fly from the missile's rear end, but they stopped suddenly, awkwardly even. Her form shook, anticipating the suspenseful moment. Seconds later, it exploded brightly, the smoke covering her shocked features. The sound was loud, booming through each of the men. The black cloud danced away, leaving her stunned and coughing. She couldn't catch her escaping breaths and she grew weary. Her circuits still did not exempt her from smoke inhalation. Such a useless model Gero had invented.
 
“I'm not going to continue this Deidara! There are kids out there and women. We should have never moved inland. 18 is tired, we have to back down!” 17 hoarsely screamed against the roars of this place. His black hair whipped into his face as more bombs blew wind and sand into his path, “Pull them out, or I'll do it!”
 
He shouldn't have stopped. It seemed as slow motion. A concentrated amount of soldiers stood dumbfounded for reasons beyond imagination. A lone grenade sauntered onto the area in a lethargic manner. It neither seemed harmful yet the fact remained, he had missed one. Before any had time to react, it ignited, fire spewing greatly from its interior. Men were blown back, some blown into oblivion. Yells and panic collapsed against the men, lost in the odd feeling of fear. Blood splattered amongst hidden children, their crying never ceasing.
18`s elegant voice grew into a shriek, panic in her volume. She gasped loudly, the lifeless intestines and limbs engulfing her paled skin. Her arms fled to her face, attempting to protect herself from this crimson liquid. It was disgusting. The sticky fluid poured and dripped from her limbs and she screamed in unbelievable apprehension. Perhaps war was not for the weak hearted.
17's eyes grew wide and he parted his lips for her name, only to be silenced by another raging bomb's explosion. Sand blinded him entirely and he stumbled forward, being blocked by mounds of flesh. He staggered as he coughed, listening to her on going sobs. Men scrambled past him, their destination the base. Would they actually leave her, a woman out there like this? He could not ponder this. Would those men actually betray them and leave them there alone?
The silence upon the field was shattered by a brilliant beacon of incredible light. Wind fled back and debris was pushed away in her display of power. Her magenta energy clouded the view of most, readily devouring the substances in its path. Momentarily the men and the enemy were vanquished, lost in an acidic light of terror. The dome shaped energy spread abroad, sounding as a ragging storm. The roar of a funnel consumed this dangerous sphere and the wind's pace seemed to double. Skies danced and rolled in glorious patterns, rain and ice jamming deep holes into the sand. All the while, Drina's mind raged to keep control and she yearned to cease this amazing sight. She had lost control
17`s body trembled as earth did in its fear. It had become dark so easily and so quickly. The black features of his hair whipped uncontrollably about him consistently. The foundation beneath him began to sink in from the mere gravity of the atmosphere. Even his clothing began to shred from this intense power. He congratulated himself for even standing there, he wished to sink onto his knees and bow before her hidden abilities. What would he do? His features grew into grim frown and his brows narrowed in thought. They would die if they were hit.
 
“Fall back 17, fall back I command you!” Gero's shrilled voice was completely ignored. If any one was to die, it would be that cursed Android 18 and not both models. One could be dealt with, two were impossible. If only the bastard boy would listen to him.
 
17 had to stop this. They had left them to die, yet he wouldn't do the same. He wouldn't be blamed for their death. With a grunt, he pulled himself upwards, attempting the gather his footing as the ground beneath him refused to allow him to do so. He took off, sprinting swiftly yet blindly. He hiked through flesh, dug deeply into the sand, and hurled over bodies and masses of blood. The enlarged aura brightened, warning him of her power. Her screams grew near to his ears and he perused on. She seemed saddened; he could not part from her. He would save her, he had too He leaped from the trembling ground in an unsure form of mind. What would he do now? Such decisions madein split secondscould have devastating results.
 
Quickly angling his forearms over the other and extending his fingers in passionate remorse he spoke. “Please work…”
 
The words of one soldier could only describe the awesome scene-“They are as gods:strongerandmor eterrifying than man. Earth bowedto their movements and the wind seemedto moveas they command. Heattempted to stop her in her shock and the land seemedto die in their fury. Who could stop them if they attempted to use these wonders of magic and energy against the world? How long will we control them?”
 
17`s luminous light prodded through the rising smoke of this situation. His energy pierced through his finger's tip and it lashed onto the dome. Unfortunately, he was pushed back and hurled far from her onto the sand. The attack against hers seemed to spark as electricity as they collided. 18's dome had to submit, 17 was more powerful. An invisible force rushed through the land, causing the limbs, weapons, bullet shields, and bodies to all simply burst into frenzies of ash. 17`s form succumbed to this miraculous vigor and he was taken away as the wind, diving head first into debris. The metal ruptured and fractured, bending under his weight. He groaned outright, yet all was soon silent. The light dimmed down immediately as his own did, sparks of electricity remaining.
Smoke sizzled from 18's skin and she stumbled in a blind spirit. Her breaths were ragged and she collapsed rightfully, her Ki empty. He had done it. He had stopped her without death.
Men huddled in fear, their expressions blank in every aspect. Too stunned to move were they and they never tired or got immune to the power they posed and to the standards they set. They would forever remember this day: the day they came so close to death from an allies turned enemy.. Derrick and Drina needed to be deactivated. This was ridiculously insane and mind blowing. Earth could not survive if she lost herself once more in that cursed power of the immortals.
 
“C-captain Deidara, meet me in my office later today, 17 and 18 should recover soon. We need to discuss some things in private.” Gero murmured to himself more so than to the man. This needed to be done. What had he created? Monsters they were, and he wouldn't yield to them if one day they decided to go against them. He needed a plan, a bullet proof plan. He needed a plan of a deactivation mechanism.
 
 
“Are you okay..?”
 
The sky had returned to its pleasantries of clouds and beautiful rays. All was calm, the dark past an only memory now. The day was serene once again, yet the hearts of the siblings were not the same.
 
“Derrick, I didn't mean too. The blood, the flesh-“
 
“Yo, quiet now. It is fine. Listen…you really scared me out there. Don't lose control again. Promise me? We can't afford to have another episode like this. I don't know what will happen now; this was our last chance…”
 
His eyes graced all qualities of serenity, his heart truly opened. He meant these words, and would assure that she would not be one to witness such terrible things again,” I don't want you out here anymore alright? It's too dangerous for you. Drina, you have to pull it together. Deidara won't like this, not at all. We've destroyed more than we have helped.”
 
“Daddy will understand this. I know he will. Gero only cares if we won or not, you heard him. I'm sorry Derr- 17.” Sighing flatly, the girl sat dumbfounded in her position.
 
“It's okay, simply do not worry for now, and come on.”. Would he continue to do this? Would he be able to forever live to protect her and stop her if this event once again took place?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
V