Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mutiny ❯ The First Chapter ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
-1This chapter is dedicated to Dark Hope Assassin and George Orwell. Two amazingly different people, but both serve as a major source of inspiration. A lot of the ideas portrayed in this story came from Orwell’s novel 1984, and the confidence and support for writing it came from Dark Hope Assassin. So to these two, I owe much.
I know I already posted this, and then shortly thereafter took it down. However, I hadn’t clearly planned some things out, and, so now, I think it’s ready.
Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------------
The First Chapter
---------------------------------------------------
A man with dark eyes and rugged, masculine physique watched with stealthy eyes and a sharp tongue pressed against the backs of his clinched teeth as a taller man, equally muscular with unruly black hair, beside him tapped his fingers lazily on the table as his dumb lips hummed a tune to a foreign, offbeat melody. The corners of the taller mans mouth were pulled upwards in an out of place smile. The fuming smaller man glared at him, hatred flaring his nostrils, anger from his fingertips gripping the table the taller man was tapping.

It was a unconscious reflex, gripping the hem of the table as he did, his knuckles whitening from the force of his grasp -- if he were to squeeze any tighter the edge of the table would likely snap, for he held the force to do so. What he did not have the power to do, however, was snap the neck of the grinning idiot beside him.

And that thought angered him even more -- thinking of this his grip tightened and the man beside him stopped whistling and frowned as he heard the table begin to crack. The taller man blinked ignorantly, "Uh, Vegeta, you okay?"

The shorter man, Vegeta, turned his dark gaze to the man beside him, removing his hands from the table and folding them across his chest that was covered with blue and black plates of Sayian armor. The royal crest was in the upper corner of the right breast shield, just above his muscular arms that were now being crossed tightly against his torso.

He slid his dark eyes shut and leaned back in his chair, an action that didn't completely let his guard down, but appeared as though there was no threat -- that he was relaxed; an action in which the Sayain Prince was rare to be seen.

"Yes." he grunted, his gruff voice echoing against the cold metal walls of the room they were seated in, "I'm okay, Kakerot."

Kakerot, the taller man, more often called by the name "Goku," nodded and opened his mouth to speak, but before he could utter a word the door slid open and a lizard-like creature, with pale, scaly pink skin entered. The pinkish creature was far from intimidating from afar, but a glance into the eyes of this small alien and one would only begin to imagine the evil that he was capable; the torturous nature of this being. For that was what made him the most powerful, and the most feared at that, being in the universe.
Both of the Sayain men rose from the table immediately as the lizard entered the room, slashing his cape behind him and shutting the metal door. He smiled at the pair of Sayain ‘children’ before him.

“How was your mission?” He asked in a feminine voice, a hint of care in his tone. His smile remained as he took a seat at the opposite side of the table, causing both Sayains to sit as well.

Vegeta went back to gripping the edge of the table and let the more social and friendly Sayain talk for him, "It was wonderful!" Kakerot began, "Vegeta was so great, you would have been pleased." Kakerot slapped his big hand on his prince's back, causing Vegeta to flinch at the companion-like contact, "He blew up the whole thing -- he was a little ..." his eyes rose to the ceiling as if he were thinking of the proper diction.
"Unmerciful." Vegeta stated plainly, knowing how Kakerot's vocabulary was limited.
Goku nodded, "Yeah. Unmerciful." The word sounded unnatural as it left the Sayain’s lips. "I wanted there to be survivors, but Vegeta assured me they were no planet to be ... merciful?... to."
Frieza laughed, a feminine laugh that caused Vegeta to cringe. But inwardly only -- for he was a master of concealing his emotions. As far as anyone knew, the cold prince had not felt an ounce of emotion as long as he had been on this ship. None save for anger, revenge, lust, pride, and, quite possibly the tinge in his eyes constantly suggested, hate.
Frieza nodded, almost proudly at the two men before him, "Well you're home early."
Home. The word stung Vegeta's brain. This was not his home. Not to any of them.
Them being Frieza’s chosen children. Them being the Great Five. Them being prisoners, the greatest set of prisoners with the greatest set of value in all of the universe.

"Yes." Goku spoke up again, "We got done really fast -- it only took two days for us to find the information that you asked for, and then Vegeta destroyed the planet and we put in the pod's coordinates back to here and it only took a day to get back to The Grand Ship."

The tyrant lizard nodded as he rose from his seat, "Come now, I'm sure the both of you are hungry."

The very notion of food caused Goku's stomach to growl and Vegeta's eyes to roll, but both Sayains were to their feet and out the door the moment that the suggestion was made.


She felt the coldness embrace her bare skin, and the thin towel clad around her body felt the shivers that the draft caused as she entered the darkness that was to serve as her living quarters. She shut the bathroom door, where the steam had risen from the heat of her bath, and turned to a small window in the room that showed the outside world through a thick and blurry sheet of glass. She stared heartlessly out into the void of blackness called space, and calculated the position of the ship by the silver stars blinking out in the distance. They were about 500 kilometers outside of the weak planet Turbo.

Her eyes focused and she saw her own reflection in the window. Her skin tone was reddened by the high temperatures of her previous bath and beads of water dripped down her flawless complexion from stands of her long, blue hair.

Her azure eyes blinked back at her, taking in the deceptive, yet surreal beauty of her face. She was the ideal woman, she smirked at this thought as turned away from the window and flicked on the lights. But she was in no way modest nor humble.

She had no reason to be.

She smiled to herself as she began to dress, for she was not only one of the most beautiful woman in the universe, but was the most intelligent as well. The perfect combination of beauty and brains. An unwise combination at times, but it suited her well.

Actually, she was the most intelligent person in the universe. That was the reason she was on this ship in the first place.

Yet, here, she was a prisoner. To him. Frieza. She seethed at the thought of his name and glared at the sash that she was about to put on when she dressed ... one day, she vowed, she would be released from these binding chains and all that this sash symbolized.
So she was a bit temperamental at times, but it was not ignorance that caused this -- it was hatred. Hatred for Frieza, the barbaric creature that trapped her here on this ship.
She wasn't the only one that he held here -- he had taken five at a young age for fear that they would become his greatest enemies some day. But he was not a fool by doing so -- taking the universes prime and molding them under him as a fatherly figure. He wanted them to be with him, always, so they could be like him. He believed that they would grow to respect him and join him in his rule, rather then be raised as his powerful enemies elsewhere. But his plan was failing miserably, for the Great Five despised him and plotted against him when his slithery back was turned, and instead, the had each other … and hated him together.

Her eyes rolled at the thought of this, for her real father she has nearly forgotten. Bulma was born from the wealthiest man on planet Earth. He was also intelligent, but his lack of strength made him incapable of keeping her as his own, and so the Colds came in and took her away. She thought he almost deserved it. Her real father, for being unable to protect her. She was better off here, a prisoner. At least she could use her brilliance to protect her. She was greedy and unsatisfied -- pleasuring herself in indulgence. Living for herself and her vain desires.

But being raised here she had learnt the value of a rule that someone very wise from her home planet had taught. A man named Darwin, who’s law stated that the world, or universe rather, was one that strived on the laws of survival of the fittest. And having a pretty face with brains to back it up was a plus when it came to getting her way on their home ship.

She dressed quickly, a simple pair of shorts and a white tank top, tying the scarlet sash around her waist, and her long hair -- still slightly wet, pulled back. She placed a pair of white flip-flops on her feet and rushed out of her room into the science lab just down the hall.

Even though she was named and treated as royalty on Frieza's ship, she still had a job to do.


After he had eaten, he began walking down the corridors of the ship -- earning quick bows of respect from each of the lower class slaves, workers, and warriors as he passed. Being apart of the Great Five gave him superiority to begin with, but he was also the prince of a strong, powerful, and allied planet.

But he gave them no sign of acknowledgement. He thought them to be merely peasants, not worthy of his time, and it be a waste to move his head in a small tilt for these lowly beings.

He quickened his pace until he was standing in front of the science wing, and her personal lab.

When he opened the door a smirk passed across his features. There she was -- lying beneath a ship she was repairing. Her long, toned and slender bare legs in his view -- the rest of her was hidden under the ship as she cursed angrily and flung a wrench across the room. After a few more curses, she slid herself from beneath the ship and got to her feet.
Vegeta easily dodged the wrench that had been flung unknowingly in his direction and watched as Bulma, thinking herself alone, took her goggles from her head and sat them on a table that was scattered with papers -- plans, formulas, and sketches -- along with various tools and scores of empty coffee mugs.

After she had sat the goggles down on the table she let out a frustrated sigh and looked up -- jumping slightly at the flame haired man who was watching her with an amused smirk.
"Vegeta!" She smiled back at him, after she had gotten over her initial shock, she came to his side and wrapped her arms around his neck.

His smirk remained as he nodded, looking down at her perfection -- her long, messy ponytail was loose and a few pieces had freed themselves from it and were framing her face delicately. She looked so good and it had been quite long -- he kissed her roughly. No hint of affection with the force of his tongue, just power, pride, and lust.

She pulled away and frowned, "Vegeta... I'm all sweaty and gross."

His smirk fell and his expression became serious, "Woman, I've been on a mission for a while. Besides, I'll get you sweaty anyway."

She rolled her eyes and ignored his last comment, brushing her perfectly manicured nails through his soft mane of hair she studied his cold eyes almost adoringly, "How was your purging mission?"

He shrugged, annoyed by her changing of the subject, "Long. Kakerot was my only company, you can imagine how he drove me insane."

She laughed and studied his sharp features -- his olive toned skin and ripped muscles, every inch of him was strong and dark, mysterious and handsome. She traced his jaw line with her fingers and studied the way his muscles remained unmoved to her touch beneath his smooth, dark skin, "Did you kill anyone?" She whispered.

He nodded lightly, grabbing her by her waist and pulling her closer to him. With his arms holding the sides of her thin waist, against the soft satin fabric of the scarlet sash tied protectively around the curve of her hips, he hosted her up easily and sat her on the table, her long legs spreading as he stepped between them, their faces just inches apart.

"Many?" She whispered again, felling his hot breaths graze her ear.

"Many." He repeated emotionlessly, his face never faulting, "And how was staying here?"
She smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck, "I missed you."

"I know." He said with a conceited smirk, kissing her roughly again, her legs involuntarily straddled his waist, her ankles locked behind his back, pulling him closer to her.

"Wait until tonight, Vegeta." She whispered again, pulling her lips away, but keeping their bodies close. Truthfully, she was willing to go now -- but she had a lot of work to get done.

He pulled away from her and, turning her flushed face away from him she wiped her hand off on her short denim shorts and jumped off the table, watching him head for the door, "I’ll see you tonight at the welcoming party. I'm sure there will be one. Frieza will want to congratulate his sons on their victory."

Vegeta cringed at the word but did not turn around so Bulma could only frown at his back, knowing the expression that was on his face. Son. He was not that bastard's son. He growled under his breath and exited the room, slamming the door in the process and leaving Bulma on her own to return to her work.


"They’re holding a banquet in your honor tonight." Tien said, his friendly voice distant as he stood beside Goku in the main wing of the extensive training facilities that were available on the ship. The pair watched with calm faces as Vegeta ruthlessly pounded on a random lieutenant of the Cold Army.

Goku nodded slightly, his eyes watching Vegeta's quick movements as the prince kicked the taller man in the stomach with the side of his leg, blood spurting from the lieutenants mouth as he fell unconscious to the floor.

Vegeta wiped his bloody hands together and scowled down at the fallen man. So he was frustrated. And when Bulma was unwilling to let him take out his frustration on her, he came here and kicked the living crap out of some unfortunate member of the Cold Army. They were the reason he was so angry in the first place, after all.

Goku turned to Tien, "What time is the banquet?"

Tien shrugged, "I'm not sure. ChiChi was talking about it earlier--" Tien paused a moment, just to watch the childish blush spread across the strongest Sayain in the universe's cheeks, "She said it was later tonight though, so we have some time."

Vegeta scowled coldly at Goku with distaste in his dark eyes, he hated that Goku was stronger than he was. He also hated that Goku was swooning over ChiChi and making a fool of himself and fool of his race. Truthfully, he hated Goku period.

Tien smiled at Goku, "So, have you talked to ChiChi?"

Goku blushed again and shook his head, "No... well, not since I've been back. We left on an awkward note."

"An 'awkward note‘?" Tien asked, his eyebrows raising in question.

"Yeah." Goku sighed, "I told her that I was going on this mission and that I was going to miss her. And then," Goku fidgeted a moment, his eyes downcast, "And then I told her that I liked her."

Tien smiled, "And she?"

Vegeta growled, "Who gives a fuck what she did. Kakerot, if you want a woman you're going to have to be brash. You’re making a fool of yourself blushing about and walking by her with a nervous smile. Sayain’s aren't shy bastards, Kakerot. We're not tender. We're --"

Tien laughed and rolled his eyes, yes, all three of them. Even the odd eye in the center of his head. It stuck out, but was not uncommon in this section of the universe. Tien was the eldest son of the ruler of the South coordinate, and many beings in the South coordinate donned the third eye without shame.

The universe was divided into two coordinates, North and South. Each with royal families who served their coordinates as advisors under elected authorities who ran each of the coordinates in a democratic system.

Tien was thought the be the only surviving son of the King of the Southern Coordinate. He had a younger brother, Krillin, who was thought to have died in a shipping accident years ago. Tien was a fair and noble man, who was said to make the South a great empire when he took rule. Frieza needed both the Northern and Southern coordinates to make his rule absolute -- so he took the son of the South and the daughter of the North, and made them apart of the Five sons and daughters he was raising on his ship.

Tien cut Vegeta off, "Yes Goku, take romantic advice from Vegeta."

Goku laughed and Vegeta glared at the tall bald man.

Tien laughed with a shrug, "No offence Vegeta, but you and Bulma's little thing isn't much of a relationship."

Vegeta chuckled with a smirk, "No?"

"Sex doesn't count, your highness."

Vegeta's smirk turned cold as his eyes fixed on Tien, "I would like to think that you aren't mocking me. I’ll have you know that I am perfectly clear on the fact that what that woman and I have isn't a relationship. There are no weak emotions there, and that is how I intend it to stay. Sayain's aren't to --"

"Sayain‘s aren‘t weak, they are almighty and powerful brutes with malicious hearts and dicks." Tien cut him off, nodding lightly with an amused smile, Vegeta had a habit of drowning about his almighty and powerful race and he knew the drill. He could even feign the haughty smirk as he impersonated the Sayain Prince.

Tien's face grew calm as he studied Vegeta's tense expression, "But is that all she wants?"
Vegeta shrugged and kicked the unconscious man at his feet, causing the man to slide across the metal floors and dent the wall opposite where the men stood, "Well I don't give a fuck, now do I?"

Tien and Goku watched Vegeta go and Goku sighed, "He'll never feel for anyone the way I do for ChiChi, will he?"

Tien shrugged lightly, "He's a mystery to me."

Goku smiled, "Well, let's go find ChiChi, Tien. I really want to see her."

Tien laughed, "Alright, you go on ahead. See you at the banquet tonight, Goku. Don't do anything stupid."

Goku laughed as he exited the training room from the same door that Vegeta had, turning back to Tien who was giving him a reassuring thumbs up.

Goku scratched the back of his head with a nervous chuckle and then exited the training facilities.


ChiChi watched as Bulma came her way, ignoring the looks of disapproval that were being sent in her direction.

Among the female species, Bulma was not a woman of morals -- and she was often the center of others gossip and filthy rumors. It was frowned upon to sleep around with the cocky Sayain Prince, but Bulma didn't care. She was arrogant herself, and looked down on the woman who looked evilly up at her, she hated them too, and they knew it.

ChiChi shook her head at Bulma's choice of clothing. The blue haired woman wore a short blue skirt, scarlet sash tied around her waist, with a pair of knee high boots. Only her thin upper thighs showing of her long, slender legs. She had on a tight, gray tank top and her long hair was pulled back in a high ponytail, a pair of silver hoops adorned her ears.

ChiChi decided that Bulma looked exceptionally beautiful today. A bit on the slutty side, but Bulma could pull it off without making herself seem trashy. For Bulma never looked trashy.

ChiChi also decided that she would never put herself into something so... revealing.
Men stared at her as they passed by and she shot a few of the slightly attractive guards winks. Bulma always liked to tease the guards. ChiChi believed that Bulma secretly hoped that it would cause Vegeta to become jealous, but she hadn't seen any signs of him even noticing. She sighed, or it could just be in Bulma's nature to flirt...

When Bulma stepped closer to ChiChi, she gave her a quick hug and then backed up a bit, studding ChiChi's modest ensemble and frowned playfully, "We'll...that's not going to get Goku's attention now, is it?"

ChiChi blushed furiously, bringing her hands subconsciously to the scarlet sash tied neatly around her own waist, "Bulma. Don't say such things. Goku is a gentleman, and I a lady. We don't go about --"

Bulma rolled her eyes with a grin, "ChiChi, you're my very best friend -- now just try and tell me that you don't like him."

ChiChi blushed again, but this time Bulma noticed that it was bashful, girlish and cute.
Bulma's grin widened as she watched Goku coming their way, "Look! Now here's your chance."

ChiChi blinked in surprise as Bulma hugged her friend again and winked while mouthing a quick 'good luck’ to her as she made her way down the hallway, smiling politely at Goku and then throwing him a short 'welcome home'.

Goku smiled shyly at the neatly dressed dark haired girl. There was no doubt that ChiChi was beautiful. For she was.

Everyone always took Bulma to be the pretty one -- because Bulma was fiery and outgoing, funny, snappy, and witty -- much more noticeable in a crowed. Not to mention Bulma's constant wearing of short skirts and flashes of long, cerulean hair. But ChiChi was always at Bulma's side. Taking up for her friend, being the shyer and gracious woman, for ChiChi was one of humble refinement. With time spent, people grew to appreciate both woman's beauty -- as different as it was.

ChiChi was the only child of the Emperor of the North coordinate. The youngest of the five sent to Frieza’s ship. ChiChi was sweet, innocent, but had a temper. A very bold and haughty temper that caused her to throw things in a fit of rage.

A temper that matched the only other female in the Five – Bulma‘s.

Unlike Bulma, however, ChiChi also had quite a bit of physical strength and Goku and her trained together sometimes.

Her power always surprised him.

ChiChi blushed at the Sayain. She had had a crush on Goku since the moment she had laid eyes one him all those years ago when they were brought here. When she thought that she could kiss his cheek and they would fall in love. If it weren't for Bulma, she might still think the same way. But the fact was, ChiChi hadn't ever kissed Goku's cheek, but she was in love.

Or at least she had convinced herself she was.

Goku hadn't begun feeling the same way about her until four months ago, when he had heard that ChiChi was being courted by a royal from a powerful planet in her father's coordinate. He felt something that he hadn't felt before in his entire life -- jealousy. It wasn't a good emotion on the happy-go-lucky Sayain. But that night when he had seen her waiting for this royal to take her to dinner -- he had felt another emotion. Passion.
He had wanted ChiChi to look at him, her dark eyes adoring his face. He had wanted to hold her, kiss her hair, and be with her always. It was a strange feeling, but he thought that ChiChi was beautiful, and he liked her inside and out.

So the feeling was now mutual, and everyone on the ship knew it, save for them. The very couple stood oblivious, thinking that this was possibly one sided, and there was a great chance that they were going to be broken hearted if they said anything to the other.
So they kept quiet. Watched from a distance. Dreamed. And continued to crush.

"Goku, I am glad that your mission was safe." ChiChi's voice was tense and formal as she fought to keep her expression calm.

Goku studied her with benevolent eyes, "Are you coming to the banquet tonight?"

ChiChi smiled, "Oh, of course."

Goku grinned, "Good." He paused a moment and then blurted, "Would you like to go with me?"

ChiChi blinked, a small tinge of blush flushing her cheeks.

Goku scratched the back of his head, "As-as friends of course."

ChiChi laughed lightly, "Oh, yes, of course."

"So?" Goku asked, blinking at her quizzically.

“Yes.” ChiChi laughed again, “Yes, I would like that very much."

Goku grinned widely, "Good. I’ll escort you there."

She smiled bashfully and averted her eyes, "I heard rumor that your next mission was to Vegeta-sei."

The powerful Sayain sighed, dropping his nervous expression, "Yes. Truthfully, I'm not sure how to feel about it. I mean, Vegeta and I will be seeing our families again. And that will be nice. Of course, it will be for only a short while, and so I’ll have to leave them again. I don't want to leave, but I can't stay. As much as we hate to admit it... this life here, well... It's my life, I guess."

ChiChi nodded thoughtfully, "I know what you mean. I couldn’t imagine leaving you or Bulma or Tien,” She smiled, “and even life without Vegeta is nearly unimaginable.”

Goku smiled at her, "Well, I don't want to think about that now. Besides, it‘s only a rumor. Frieza would never allow something like that."

"Yeah, I guess you‘re right." ChiChi said softly, looking down at the floor.

"Well." Goku smiled, "I guess I’ll see you tonight."

"Yes." ChiChi's smile widened, "At the banquet."

Goku took a few steps backwards, "I’ll come by your room at --" He was cut off as one of his steps backwards resulted in him tripping over a vase that had been positioned in the hallway.

ChiChi bit her lower lip -- half with laughter and half with concern.

He got up, with a red face and a nervous smile, "Alright... well... later ChiChi."

She let out a small laugh, "Later, Goku-son."


Decorated with deep maroon curtains and table cloths, with elaborate gold center pieces garnished with engravings of the Cold Army's ornate crest, the dining hall was dimly lit, with a long head table at the front of the room, nearly thirty chairs spread across it, each empty chair had a wine glass and a bare, neat stack of plates before it, fit for a king.
For many of the plates were to be eaten from kings.

The remainder of the dining hall was just as neatly decorated, but with various round tables that seated six, each of the round tables also had a golden table center draped with a deep maroon table cloth, but the plates weren't as decorated and the wine glasses significantly smaller.

A gold chandelier hung proudly from the top of the large room, and as the guests began to enter the hall, it was the first thing that caught their eye in the extravagant, dimly lit room.

Frieza took his seat at the head of the long, rectangular table. His actions were followed by several elite guards who took their seats beside him.

Goku, Tien, and Vegeta sat beside the guards and a few nobles who were currently visiting the Grand Ship, and took the empty seats to the left of the men from the Great Five.

The final two seats were left untouched, until the two beautiful woman of the Great Five entered, what Bulma had convinced ChiChi was fashionably late, and seated themselves on the other side of the table.

Frieza gave a toast for the Sayain's success on their purging mission and the dinner began, the round tables nearly filled now by crew, scientist, lower classes of guards, and other workers on the Grand Ship.

Various servants entered, filled up wine glasses, cleared plates, offered their services. Some of the guards looked hungrily upon the female servants, asking them for special services later on. Many of them accepted. It wasn't an uncommon thing for female servants to partake in these 'special services.’ But there were also whores picked up on the refueling stops. Not that many of them made it long. Suicide or treated roughly, in and out of bed, they were killed often and most not used more than a few times by the forceful and powerful men aboard.

A tall, broad shouldered elite guard who sat beside Vegeta turned his attention to the blue haired woman on the opposite side of the table and smiled, "She's hot, ne?"

Vegeta momentarily refrained from stuffing pieces of red meat into his mouth and cast an emotionless side glance down the table and took in Bulma's astounding appearance.
She was laughing at something the black haired harpy beside her had said and, feeling their eyes on her, turned her attention in his direction.

She was dressed in a tight, navy blue gown that was strapless and low cut, exposing the tops of her creamy breast. Vegeta fought the urge to gouge the guard beside him eye’s out just for looking at her with such a hungry expression.

Bulma looked over to where Vegeta sat and sighed. The men that surrounded him were equally as arrogant, though many of them had less of a reason to be.

By these faces she could see how their conversation went -- each of them lining out their success, polishing their ego and swaying the conversation so that they could brag about themselves until another took and went in his direction with it.

Bulma didn't seem to notice the guard who was looking directly at her, however, and shot the flame haired prince a short wink and sexy smile before turning her attention back to her grinning dark haired friend.

The guard blinked and then let out a loud laugh, he shook his head at Vegeta, "Lucky bastard..."

Vegeta smirked arrogantly to himself, knowing that the guard had seen the way Bulma reacted to him. Needless to say, it was just another point to Vegeta's already inflated ego. He was a lucky bastard, after all.

ChiChi sighed sadly and Bulma frowned at her friend, "What's wrong, Chi?"

ChiChi shrugged, "Goku asked to escort me tonight. And instead, he came by my room, told me that he had to meet Vegeta, Tien, and Frieza in the control room early so he would just see me at the dinner." ChiChi let out another sad sigh and frowned as she played with her wineglass, "And now we're seated at opposite sides of the table.” She paused for a moment, sadness filling her dark orbs, “I haven't spoken one word to him all night. We haven't even exchanged one glance."

Bulma smiled at her friend’s state, thinking it cute the way ChiChi was acting melodramatic over a small crush.

ChiChi frowned as she sat down her glass and picked over her plate, "This was supposed to be our first date."

Bulma grinned tenderly at her friend, "Chi, I thought you said that you were just going as friends."

When Bulma had been applying ChiChi's makeup for the evening ChiChi had constantly reminded her that this wasn'ta date Bee. Just... two friends going to dinner. Just friends. Okay?’

ChiChi rolled her eyes and looked down at the maroon napkin, placed neatly in her lap and chewed thoughtfully on her lower lip, "Well, Bee, I lied. Okay? Are you happy. I am madly in love with him."

Bulma blinked, clearly surprised at the seriousness in her friend’s voice and shook her head.

ChiChi watched Bulma's head shake, causing her cerulean hair to spill over her shoulders down to her midback. Her hair was one of Bulma's best qualities. With it's long, beautiful tresses that cast off lights as she walked and caught the attention of everyone in the room.
Even now, ChiChi noticed, the dim light from the room was brightening the locks of azure, and men at various tables stared openly at it, and her.

ChiChi almost felt bad for Bulma for the way people watched her. But then she decided, with a smile, that Bulma adored the attention.

Her cerulean eyed friend sighed and laughed, leaning across the table, "How about this? You let him walk you back to your room, and then..." a wicked smile crossed Bulma lips, "you know."

ChiChi blushed furiously and snapped her neck downcast, "Bulma!" She let out in a harsh whisper, "Sh! Don’t ... talk like that.”

Bulma laughed with a shrug at her flustered best friend, "Okay Chi, whatever you want. But, if you do, then you know who to come to."

ChiChi laughed at this. She was genuinely glad that she had a close friend like Bulma who knew nearly everything in the entire universe there was to know. Whether it was sex or mathematic formulas, Bulma was loaded with information.

Bulma pushed her platter to the side and watched the men devour the food on their plates. ChiChi watched them as well, their crude manners and large appetites was appalling.
Bulma sighed, "Half the planet is starving and they stuff their faces like glutinous pigs. Even Goku, in all his friendliness and sainthood, seems to forget about the injustices of the lower half of the universe when a plate of food is placed in front of him."

ChiChi nodded as she watched her beloved overindulge himself in more than his share. But then a smile adorned her lips as she watched him benevolently, "True that he does stuff himself, but Sayains do have enormous appetites."

Bulma laughed at this and nodded, "Yeah, true.”

The men stuffed their faces and intoxicated themselves with wine and gin. It was appalling. Their gluttonous feast, their blatant wasting of food because they simply had reason for celebrating. It was their power hungry starving appetites, they were never satisfied.

ChiChi turned away from them and sighed, "But still, it’s disgusting."

Bulma laughed as she eyed her own meat and frowned, "Well I’ve certainly lost my appetite."

Frieza stood up then, and retired for the evening, signaling a decline of guests as the servants stopped refilling wine glasses to the drunk guards.

Bulma shot her friend a wink as she got up from her chair as Goku sauntered in their direction, timidly with hesitant steps and an unconfident look in his friendly eyes.


She heard his gold tip boots echo softly against the tiled hall and an anxious smile spread across her face.

She gently tucked a lock of blue hair behind her ear as she leant against the cool metal of his door.

When he came around the corner their eyes locked. He cast an emotionless gaze at her, he had noted earlier in the dining hall that dress was very flattering, but with her leaning against his bedroom door with that haughty smile, a sudden smirk subconsciously spread across his face.

"What took you so long?" She asked as he pressed his hand against the monitor positioned beside his door. The screen registered his hand print, made a small noise, and then allowed the large metal door to slide open.

The arrogant smirk remained on his face as she followed him into the room and his door slid shut, giving them complete privacy.

"People are going to see you waiting outside my room and rumors are going to start."
She took a seat on the edge of his bed as she watched him remove his gloves and boots, then sliding off the top of his royal armor. Her blue eyes rolled as her fingers played with the black throw that had been lain across his bed, "There already are rumors, Vegeta."
He took a seat next to her, wearing only his training pants, and smirked, "Really?” He smirked, “And what do they say about us?"

She leaned closer to him and smiled. He was intoxicating, she thought, watching his dark eyes stare back at her. Her lips softly brushed against his as a result of their closeness, "They say I'm a whore.” She frowned and pulled away slightly, “That I'm your whore."
He chuckled darkly as his strong arms wound around her thin waist, slowly untying the scarlet sash that was wrapped around her.

She glared at him, "It's not funny Vegeta, my reputation --"

He silenced her with his index finger and their eyes met again, "Your reputation is that you are the smartest woman in the universe -- that Frieza is keeping you here because he fears that you could overpower him one day; that your beautiful, sought out, and fucking the Prince of the most powerful planet in the universe." The cocky smirk returned to his lips and he slid his finger from her lips and lightly held her chin between his thumb and index finger, "That, little one, is something to raise your gorgeous little head for."
She smiled back at him and their lips met, once again.


Through the dark hallways, down a corridor of religious passageways, in large monastery library, a small hooded figure stood still as he traced his hands over the pages of a book.
It was written in the official language of the South Coordinate, before the two coordinates had become allies, joined by Frieza, and the separate sides of the universe spoke in different tongues instead of the new Universal Language that had been enforced.

It had been nearly twelve years since the joining of the two coordinates, since the ordered elimination of the two separate languages. Frieza had commanded all grudges be erased, and the two sides to unify under him.

He had taken the daughter of the leader of the north and the son of the leader in the south and a few other necessary pawns to make his plan a reality, but the lizard king -- feared, respected, but mostly hated across the galaxies -- joined the two coordinates and began eliminating all traces of separation so he could have control of the entire universe.
The monk, only a year or two over twenty, could hardly remember the days when the universe was split. Actually, he couldn't remember anything before his sixth birthday, and what he remembered of that day was unclear.

His earliest memory was that there was a pounding in the back of his head, which he rubbed tenderly. A man, large and kind looking, had grabbed him by his elbow and looked at him with a tear stricken face. The monk, just a boy, remembered reaching out to the man who grasped his elbow, and let a single tear slip down his cheek as the man let go of him and whispered that it was the only way. The boy was grabbed gently by two men dressed in robes who bowed at the kind looking man, and he had been taken to this monastery where he had lived within these walls ever since.

That's why, looking down at the book, written in what should be a foreign language, it was strange to him that he could read clearly every word which was written in the old language of the south coordinate and could understood its meaning.

He glanced back down at the pages, tracing his hands delicately across the pages, he decided to shut the book, and, holding it protectively against his chest, the monk pulled the hood over his bald head and decided he would ask about this to one of the elders.

---------------------------------------------------------- -----------