Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Panthera tigris tigris ❯ Fishy Philosophy ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

**A/N: yes yes, I know. It's been a while. Some of you know why, but for the others that don't.... I'm writing another fan fic called "For Crying Out Loud!". It's a self insertion, and if you're so inclined, please read it. I've been told that its rather funny and I'm always hoping for more readers ^_^ Readers make me happy. Also, I'd like to reply to the review that my title isn't correct.. well, I did a search online for the Latin name of the Bangled Tiger.. and let me assure you, they INSISTED that Panthera tigris tigris was correct... either way, too late to change it now! Anyway, on with the next chapter!

~~~~~~~~

"So, tell me, where are you going again?" Aria asked Archly at the Briefs' kitchen table, both legs propped up, her hands laced together behind her head. It was two days after her and Vegeta's encounter, and he had been avoiding her since. She wasn't really all that concerned. In her experience, men often did irrational things. (A/N: No offence to those male readers out there, if there are any!) She was just happy that Mrs. Briefs had invited her and Archly to stay with them; as she had Vegeta. Apparently, the woman was always brining home every "stray dog".

"Piccolo has expressed interest in Archly life and philosophy, so we're going into the woods to train for three to four days. The Namek is genius I tell you!" Archly said happily as he dug through one of the cabinets in the Briefs' kitchen, retrieving a rather familiar bottle.

"I don't think so Archly. You've done enough drinking for a while. It's all you've been doing for the past few days!"

"Hey, I at least I can admit what I want, unlike some people."

Aria rolled her eyes at the thought.

"My personal life is none of your business. Plus, there is nothing interesting about your extinct culture. You were all just a bunch of guppies. Now give me that!" she spat at him, tugging the bottle out of his little hands.

"Bad kitty. No cream for you."

Aria was about to pound the living hell out of him, when she heard the back door slam shut, and Piccolo appeared in the kitchen, arms crossed, and his usual frown on his face.

"Are you ready yet?" he asked gruffly.

"Ya. Come on. See ya later Aria!" Archly grinned at her before he left the kitchen, his tail waving at her.

"Stupid fish..." she mumbled.

"I HEARD THAT!"

"Ugh!"

~~~~~~~~

"Tell me again why we're walking." Piccolo asked in a sour way. Why walk when you could fly right?

"I have a problem with heights. Besides, if I'm correct in my thinking, flying uses energy, and energy is something that you're going to need."

"Why?"

The Archly didn't answer him. Instead, he walked ahead of him, a strange song humming from his throat, his tail twitching with the rhythm. Hopping onto a rock, Archly looked down at the steep incline littered with bushes and other rocks, leading down to a peaceful crystal river.

"You see Piccolo, everything in nature is beautiful and harsh all at once. Things die, decompose, and are reborn into something else. It's all a cycle."

"I know all this."

"Ah yes, but what were to happen when an unknown species is introduced to the cycle?"

"The circle is unbalanced."

"Exactly."

"Do you have a point in all this?"

"As a matter of fact I do. The circle will be off balance, but not completely broken. The same happens when a species is taken out. Things will even themselves out eventually, right?"

"Right."

"Wrong."

Archly hopped off the rock and continued through the forest, leaving Piccolo to follow in confusion. They passed under the tree branches, between rock formations, for miles and miles until Piccolo could swear there was nothing left of his feet but bloody nubs. How could Archly continue at this pace and show no signs of fatigue?

"Wanna rest a while?" Archly asked as he plopped himself down on a fallen log. Piccolo grunted and found a comfortable spot beneath a tree.

"So are you going to tell me why I'm wrong?"

"All in due time Piccolo. All in due time. Are you thirsty?" he asked, pulling a large bottle out of his pack. Piccolo eyed him wearily. Apparently, last time the Archly had had a drink, he had gotten an eye full.

"No. Nameks don't drink alcohol."

"Suit yourself." he answered, taking a long pull off of the bottle, then replaced it in his pack.

"Didn't I hear Aria say you weren't allowed to drink anymore?"

"Yes. But who says I have to listen to her?"

"Didn't I see her take the bottle away from you though?"

"She's rather dim, don't you think?" Breathing deeply, Archly stretched out across the log length wise, one foot propped up, the other dangling at his side.

"What did you mean when you said you were looking for 'home'?"

Archly stared up into the trees for a moment as his tail swished a little.

"I am an Aquatic life form Piccolo, as I'm sure you've noticed." he punctuated his words by pushing one of his ears forward to reveal the bright pink gills behind it. Piccolo nodded and waited for him to continue.

"Unfortunately, there are other races out there like me. They are not Archlys by any means in the fact that they are not as docile as we... They're blood thirsty and ruthless. Much like the Saiyans were."

"But they're similarity didn't stop at bloodlust, did it."

Archly sighed as though the thought pained him, but continued anyway.

"You're correct Namek. Like the Saiyans, these other races would branch out to other planets in search of inhabitance. They are foolish, squandering their own waters and resources."

"They were the ones to destroy your home planet."

"Actually no. These creatures were bred on my home planet, but because of the Archly evolution, we became far superior to them, and exiled them to space. They tried to return, take over, but because of our intelligence and superior technology, not to mention to the Telekinesis and Telepathy, it was a useless battle. If the mind is weak enough, we could control their very actions and thoughts. No Piccolo, no one here has that worry. Humans, Nameks and Saiyans are very strong willed. Anyway, because of our exiling them, it threw the course off balance, which ended helped in the death of my planet."

"So what is the point in all this?"

Archly sighed and sat up.

"They may have feared overtaking the Archly home world, but that didn't mean they stopped hunting for a new planet."

Suddenly, Piccolo got the drift. Archly grinned at him.

"You finally understand."

"They're coming here."

"Maybe, maybe not. Its a distinct possibility. If a lone Archly could have found the planet, surely they could to. And if they were to come here, they're only thought would be to destroy all land creatures. Every last human being would die a bloody painful death at their hands."

"You don't seem all too concerned about this."

"Why should I be? If you help me Piccolo, this whole situation can be avoided."

Piccolo stood, his fists clenched. He was a devious little creature he had to admit.

"Nature is beautiful and harsh all at the same time. Things die, decompose, and return. A new species thrown into the mix will destroy this cycle. But, if you let one innocent, and highly intelligent Archly stay instead, everything will be fine. I know enough about you're cycle to not cause any harm."

"What are you talking about!"

"I had already found Earth two standard years before, and had fully intended for my race to inhabit it. Our planet was dieing, and we needed some place with lots of water. Earth is mostly oceans and lakes. It was perfect. We weren't barbarians Piccolo, so you can stop looking at me like that. We would have peacefully lived out our lives in your oceans. But, when I returned to collect my family, all I found was floating debris where my home had once been. Aria and I eventually had our confrontation, I was sent to the Science ship where I escaped, taking my technology with me. Hiding it on Earth's moon, I landed on Earth. Unfortunately, the cryo-chamber malfunctioned in the Earth's atmosphere, so it could only be opened from the outside. I was here for 8 years Piccolo, hidden under Roshi's island. And now that I'm free, in a manner of speaking, I'm going to stay."

"And what makes you think we'll let you stay."

"Piccolo, my technology alone could conquer a single planet."

"You threaten us with death if we do not comply?"

"No. Have you no common sense? I wish for escape from my bondage. If you help me take care of Aria so I can be rid of this stupid collar, I can promise you that my technology will aid the human race for years to come."

"And how do I know that you tell the truth?"

"We're here in the woods for a reason Piccolo. Once you learn about me, my culture, philosophy, everything, you will see that I have nothing but good intentions." Archly tried his best to give Piccolo and innocent look. Apparently, it wasn't working to well. But, Piccolo sighed and sat back under the tree in defeat.

"You will have my help Archly."

"Great! Now, shall we get going? There's some things I want to see."

Piccolo stood again and followed the little imp, wondering what in Kami's name he would want to see that he hadn't already seen in this forest.

~~~~~~~~

**A/N: YAY! Finally a new chapter! I'm sorry there wasn't anything about Aria and Vegeta, but hey, good things come to those who wait. I figured that you guys needed a little info on Archly and what not... At least know what his thoughts were ^_^ Hopefully, this means an end to the writers block and a new chapter will be up within the next few days! Please review! You know I love you!