Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Parallel reflections ❯ Constant denial ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Constant Denial
 
By The Chichi Slaughter House
 
Warnings: Part of the Parallel Reflections miniverse, one-sided GokuxVegeta, slight obsessing on Vegeta's part, swearing, not much else I'm afraid.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, any of the characters or anything like that. Obviously I am insane, however.
 
--
 
Scrubbing his fist as roughly as he could across his mouth, Vegeta knew that he had never felt so angry in his life. Kakarott had kissed him! That bastard had just moved in and taken a kiss before he had been able to react, and had looked fucking smug as he had pulled back! Clenching his fists tighter, he twisted around and shoved himself back into his seat, glaring at his food. It was almost unbelievable how stupid the Earth Saiyan really was.
 
What part of `I hate you', did the other Saiyan not understand? He was sure that Kakarott at least knew the basic words, but the happy idiot acted like he didn't even know that. Lifting his fork to get back to his meal, the prince scowled.
 
The fact that Kakarott knew about that strange alternate reality meant that the female version of himself had not been a dream. Gripping his fork tightly, he had to wonder if the imbecile had noticed his strange behaviour before he had managed to shrug it off. He'd been startled by the words, but he had to focus more on the younger Saiyan before he had done something stupid, yet that didn't exactly work out well.
 
Lifting his hand up again, he rubbed the back of his glove over his lips once more.
 
That kiss…he didn't know what to make of it. It hadn't been particularly unpleasant, in terms of just a kiss. In fact, it had been somewhat nice not to have a tongue shoved into his mouth straight away, and it was a little refreshing not to be the one kissing, but that didn't make it alright. The thing that had been unpleasant was who had been kissing him.
 
But he couldn't get it out of his mind.
 
Frustrated, he thrust the fork back down onto the table, reaching to pick up the glass of juice from the table only to have it smash in his grip. It was then he lost his temper, flinging the broken glass onto the floor and abandoning his meal to go and train. As he walked out of the doorframe, Bulma walked past him, shocked by the mess.
 
“Vegeta! Did you do this?” He didn't even look at her as he continued to walk on, hearing her yelling at his back and feeling a little better for pissing someone off. It was almost as if he had taken some of his frustration and given it to her, finding himself smirking at the thought. As far as he was concerned, she should have known now that shouting at him wasn't going to work, yet she tried it anyway.
 
She had strong determination, much like himself, which was why they used to get along so well in the past. Nowadays, it was all just rows and arguments - mostly caused by him - and he didn't want to change it. He found it oddly pleasant to enjoy the same things day in day out. The predictability was comfortable, especially when compared to the actions of his fellow Saiyan, who was really starting to grate on his nerves.
 
Just the thought of him made Vegeta tense up and grit his teeth.
 
Eyes widening, he felt the strange material of his gloves against his mouth, realising he was touching his lips again. Yanking his arm away from his lips, he felt about ready to explode. Why was he even thinking about that bastard anyway?! Much less touching where the cheeky fuck had touched him??
 
Stamping across the hall, he passed the living room, hearing familiar voices from inside and stopping in his tracks. Not again!! Twisting back around, he yanked open the door, finding everything as he had suspected.
 
“Trunks! You get that idiot's brats out of this place right now! How many times do I have to tell you?!” The lavender-haired boy just looked up at him with an expression half-way between annoyance and amusement, turning back to his friend.
 
“Dad says you have to go.” The other boy looked up at the prince with big eyes, making him oddly feel guilty, despite the identical face that he was soon growing to despise. The hurt look on his face caused Vegeta to scowl, turning away from the door in anger.
 
“Oh, just do what you want!!” He hissed, then continued on his way to the gravity chamber he owned, hearing cheers come from the living room. He didn't even know why he bothered trying to flush Goten out of the place. The kid had been coming here for years on end since his birth to mess about with his own brat, and he doubted that was going to change. It had only ever become a problem since Kakarott had overstepped the friendship barrier, and as his son was practically a carbon-copy, he couldn't help but get angry at him. It had never happened with Gohan, so he assumed it must be to do with the identical expressions that made the father and son almost twins, were it not for the age gap.
 
Scowling that he was yet again thinking about the bastard, Vegeta increased the speed of his footsteps, getting outside pretty quickly. Staring up at the white sphere, he remembered when it had exploded with him still inside, the memory of the pain still fresh in his mind. Sneering then, he walked over and opened the door, not afraid at all. There was no way a simple machine was going to bother him now; he was a super Saiyan! It was far more likely that he would end up bashing it to pieces than it managing to give him a tiny cut, let alone cause that much damage, even if it did explode.
 
The door slammed shut behind him, and for a moment, he allowed himself to relax. The gravity chamber was one of the only spaces on the planet that he felt he could truly be himself. Sure, he never thought twice about other's feelings or opinions, and he never did pay any of them attention unless he had to, but that was just a front. He would never admit it out loud, but at times, even he - the prince of the Saiyan race - felt small and inferior. All the boasting and talk was just bravado; a shield to protect himself with that had developed during his years under Frieza. It was what he had become in his childhood, so he found it hard to break the habit and act any differently.
 
But his time on Earth was slowly changing that. Without the tyrannical Frieza looming over him at every step, he had begun to relax more and be friendlier, without the fear of having it used as a weakness. Kakarott had been stronger than him for a long time, yet he had never felt threatened. At least, after he had realised the idiot was encouraging him and wouldn't do anything to harm him. To make sure of that, he had befriended the other Saiyan's comrades, almost completely sure that Kakarott would not hurt them, especially not just to upset him.
 
Yet it had all come back to bite him in the ass. As he had been so busy thinking that any friendships he made were safe, he had not been watching out for himself, and somehow had caught the Earth Saiyan's eye as a romantic interest.
 
He huffed as he made his way over to the control panel, running his gloved fingertips over the buttons lightly. He didn't even know why the younger had such an interest in him; he had never been particularly nice to the guy - barring the whole Buu thing - had made many attempts on his life, and had treated him like dirt for years. Where the hell was the appeal in that?! He certainly hadn't started to love Frieza when he was in a similar position, so the behaviour made no sense whatsoever. Maybe Kakarott liked to be abused.
 
Smirking slightly, Vegeta thought that perhaps that might be the case. After all, he had been living with his `wife' for all of those years, and all she ever seemed to do was get angry at him over this and that. From what he had heard, it had been like that from the start, and the other Saiyan had just put up with it because it was easier. If it had been him, he would have blown off the irritating woman's head within a few hours and walked off. The patience Kakarott had was amazing, sometimes.
 
But here he was again; thinking about the tall bastard when he had come here to train away the frustrations and anger that had built up. He wanted to slam his fist against the panel, but resisted; knowing now was not the time to break the machine he depended upon. Destroying it would only leave him more bored than ever, and he definitely didn't want that.
 
Boredom would lead to thinking.
 
And his thoughts would go back to that kiss…
 
Hastily wiping his hand across his lips again, he typed in the weight he wanted and turned away to start his training. He had a lot of frustration to work off, and many hours in which to do it.