Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Parallel reflections ❯ Persistent Rejection ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Persistent Rejection
 
By The Chichi Slaughter House
 
Warnings: Part of the Parallel Reflections miniverse, one-sided GokuxVegeta, not much else I'm afraid.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, any of the characters or anything like that. Obviously I am insane, however.
 
--
 
After a long day's training, Goku entered his home only to find it devoid of life. His wife had gone to visit the eldest of their two sons for a few days, wanting to make sure everything was alright. Running his hand through his hair, he recalled the conversation that they had before she left. He hadn't wanted to go because Gohan and Videl would be just settling in to their new home and married life, and he didn't want to interrupt anything. Chichi on the other hand, felt it was her duty to go over and show the other woman what to cook and how to cook it, amongst other things.
 
Personally, he didn't think that was going to go down well at all; Videl would want to do things at her own pace and how she wanted. It was highly likely there would be at least one argument along the way. Whilst he felt bad for leaving Gohan to it, the house was much more peaceful without his wife around, and he hadn't wanted to miss this opportunity.
 
Slinging off his heavy boots, he went into the kitchen for a snack, feeling hungry after all the hard work he had put in today. Not that there was much in stock for him to eat; Chichi hadn't gone to do any shopping before she left, as she had said that he would have eaten it all by the time she got back. That might have been true, but he still didn't think it was fair to leave him to have to find his own food, though he usually enjoyed a hunt.
 
But right now, a hunt was the last thing on his mind.
 
The fridge itself was pretty much empty except for some meat he had caught the day before, which he took out and ate it as it was. There wasn't anything to put it with, after all. But the small pile of meat didn't last long, and it seemed all too soon when he was chewing the last piece, feeling disappointed as it went down his throat. Closing the fridge door and making his way toward his bedroom, he thought about the past few days, feeling bored.
 
With a sigh, he slumped onto the end of his bed, staring up at the ceiling. Not much had happened in this past week, not since he had been returned from that other reality. It hadn't been a bad place, either. One minute he had been at home, training in the nearby forest, and the next, he was in someone else's living room, in a house he'd never seen before. He'd felt awkward then, and almost panicked as a woman had entered the room, trying to apologise as best he could. The only thought in his head had been about getting away and finding his way home, but when he had calmed enough to look at her, he'd been shocked.
 
She had looked entirely too familiar, and when he had moved a little closer, there was a scent about her that had made him go red and stumble back. The scent itself reminded him of Vegeta; in fact, scarily so, as if she had been draping herself all over him. His first instinct had been to get mad; he had spent countless months trying to persuade the proud prince to let go and be with him, yet some woman he'd never met had managed to break though?! It was near impossible!
 
When she had spoken to him, he had realised who she was. Her voice and way of speech was exactly the same as his, and as he took a moment to think about it, so was the way she was standing. He'd felt weak and sat on the sofa behind him then, surprised when she joined him, smiling. After he'd said what he knew, she'd stood up and gone running, calling out Vegeta's name all around the house. He'd followed her, and when she'd realised there'd been a switch, she was immediately calm and warm towards him.
 
That was when they had just sat down and talked. About everything. Their identical pasts, their favourite foods, their relationships… He'd learnt that the Vegeta here was also a girl, and that the two were together in the way he desperately wanted his own Vegeta. She had mentioned the fact that they were to be married in a few days, which had led to him pouring his heart out to her; the only person who knew how to get close to the prince's heart. She'd told him everything she knew and cheered him on, and then he had been back, stuck in this house yet again.
 
Whatever had happened, he hadn't regretted it. The trip had given him hope. If this version of himself could win Vegeta over, there was no reason standing that he couldn't do the same thing! The only difference between the two realities was the fact that the genders were reversed, and in his opinion, something like that was a minor detail!
 
Suddenly getting to his feet, Goku found his fists clenched tightly in front of him, as if he were preparing to fight in a massive battle for the world. Perhaps it was a battle. It had all the symptoms of any battle he'd faced; a worthy opponent, someone cheering him on… And it wasn't easy, either. In fact, he had been losing so far; Vegeta was a challenge he had yet to overcome, and was possibly the hardest he'd ever had to face. The only difference was that this was a battle he had to fight alone; no one else could win the prince's heart for him.
 
That was definitely something he had to do himself.
 
Eyebrows knitting together in concentration, he sought out the prince's ki. He had no idea what he was going to do or say to the elder Saiyan, but something was telling him that he was ready, and that now was the time to try and win him over. It must have been gut instinct; and he had always followed that. Lifting two fingers to his forehead, he watched the room disappear around him, momentarily in complete nothingness before flickers of another room came into sight, and he found himself in the Capsule Corps' kitchen. He had followed the ki, yet he could not see Vegeta anywhere in front of him, causing him to frown. If the prince wasn't here, where was he?
 
“What do you want, Kakarott?” A voice behind him asked, sounding agitated and unwelcoming, causing him to jump before turning around, eyes meeting in silence. “Come to make an idiot of yourself yet again?” The sneer and scorn were not masked at all; in fact they seemed to be out in full force to match the venomous words spilling from the prince's mouth. Before him was the only person on the planet who wanted nothing to do with him, yet Vegeta was the one he wanted to be around the most. The irony of the situation was not lost on him, and if he had not been desperately trying to get the man's heart, he would have laughed.
 
Looking at the cold body language being shown his way, Goku remembered that it hadn't always been like this. After they had defeated Buu, the prince had considerably warmed up to him, even going so far as to be friendly before he had confessed his feelings. Straight after that, it was almost like they were still enemies, back at square one. The most annoying part was that he did not understand why. Sure, he'd been a tad flirtatious once he'd told him everything, but he hadn't gone too far by pushing him down or taking a kiss by force. He'd merely been polite about it, and hadn't followed through on the instincts that told him to press their mouths together or go even further. He'd thought it too dangerous, but today…
 
Today, he felt like it would all be alright.
 
“No; I didn't come to make a fool out of myself. I came to try and win you over.” His voice seemed oddly calm and serious, even when compared with the way he spoke in battle. At this, Vegeta merely raised an eyebrow, looking rather unimpressed and bored, which just served to annoy him and make him more determined. “Last week, something amazing happened!”
 
“What? Did you finally realise you were an idiot?”
 
“I got taken to another reality.” The younger Saiyan continued; firmly ignoring the amused tone. For a second, it seemed that Vegeta's eyes widened at the words, but in a flash, they had reverted back to the steely look he had been given before. Feeling hopeful at the reaction, he just carried on, taking a step forward. “And I met myself, but the other me was a girl. And she said…” Pausing, he took a moment to swallow, noting that his voice had started to rise in his desperation. Whilst he was trying to win the other over, there was no way of doing so if he began to get emotional, so he squashed it, feeling calmer. “…She said that the other you was a girl, too! And that we were lovers!”
 
“Are you sure you haven't hit your head on something again, Kakarott?” The tone of his voice sounded exasperated, and the younger felt his anger rise as the prince shrugged, a smirk gracing his lips in a mocking manner. “First you have feelings for me, and then this? You must be desperate if you're taking an hallucination as fact.” Unclenching his fists, Goku strode over and grabbed the front of the prince's shirt, pulling him so close that their noses touched, Vegeta's eyes narrowing at the proximity. “Let go of me.”
 
The atmosphere was tense as he held tighter onto the other's shirt, unsure of what to do. Whilst his gut instinct was telling him everything would be fine no matter what, he couldn't help but feel that it was wrong. Dealing with Vegeta had never been an easy task, and he knew that the slowest method was probably the best to use in the situation. But he could barely stand to do that. Especially not now that he had him right in front of him, barely a breath away!!
 
Taking his chance, he leaned in, pressing a kiss firmly next to the prince's lips, testing his reaction. When the only thing that happened was Vegeta's eyes widening, he moved again, sealing his lips tightly over the ones under him, wrapping an arm around the older Saiyan's waist as he pulled him closer. The hope that he had been holding onto grew as he felt the softness against him, sure that Vegeta would have at least started to struggle if he didn't want it. He wanted to deepen the kiss, yet decided against it, pulling back to look at his captive instead. If the look in the other's eyes was desire, he would kiss him again. If not…well, he doubted that was going to be an outcome.
 
Instead of seeing Vegeta looking up at him, the first thing he saw when he pulled away were stars. His arms were no longer around the man he loved, and there was a terrible pain in his jaw. Surprised, he brought a hand to his chin, cupping it as his eyes found the prince, seeing a stronger rage in him than he had seen in a long time.
 
“V-Vegeta?”
 
“Get out!” Gritting his teeth, the younger Saiyan brought his hand back to his forehead, leaving before the prince really lost his temper. He'd been rejected again, but it had only strengthened his resolve. No matter how long it took, he would have the prince accept him.