Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Rebel Princess ❯ Shit happens....Good and Bad ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3 Shit Happens…Good and Bad
 
The next few days were pretty basic for Veronica, until Thursday. She went about her morning routine as usual and was feeding her pets when Bulma walked in and said, “Oh, Veronica I almost forgot don't make plans for Sunday because the Z gang is coming over for a reunion of sorts.”
 
“You're kidding me!” Veronica said rolling her eyes. Veronica had never been well liked by the majority of the Z fighters, probably because she was like her dad, she thought with a smirk.
 
“No I am most certainly not. We haven't had a get together with everybody in a few years. Just think you get to spend time with the girls! Marron and Pan will be there!” Bulma was saddened that Veronica was not as close with the Z fighters as she was, but she had to admit the circumstances were different. Veronica was an enigma to all, even her own mother.
 
“Well there is that.” Veronica sighed. Just then she saw the clock out of the corner of her eye and her eyes popped out of her head. “Ah, shit I'm late!” She hurriedly grabbed her bag and flew out the door. She flew to school and arrived just in time for first bell.
 
English of course was first class of the day, British Literature, Shakespeare was the topic of the day, *love SHAKESPEARE* Veronica was out in the hall with Jas and Ebony. The class had split into groups and pulled different Shakespeare plays out of a hat and now they had to pick a scene of importance from the play and act it out in front of the class. The three of them were out in the hall practicing. They were also being kind of goofy…..such things happen…..
 
“Ronnio, Ronnio, Where for art thou Ronnio? Jas asked over exaggeratingly. Ebony had to suppress her laughter at Jas's obviously fake girly tone.
 
She could not however suppress her hilarity when Ronnie coughed and in a deep voice said, “I'm down here, hiding in this bush!”
 
They were soon all cracking up and the school's resident asshole, Jarrod walked by with his thugs.
 
“Well looky here boys, looks like we walked into club loser.” Jarrod said snidely. Jarrod wasn't overly bright or strong, but he was manipulative as anything, that's how he seemed to have all the right connections with the teachers and the student orgs. He had everyone thinking he was prince fucking charming, but Veronica knew better she could almost smell his slime….
 
Veronica rolled her eyes, “What a witty remark Jack, I am astounded by your vocabulary!” She shot at him. Veronica had most definitely been bestowed with her mother's rapier wit in the art of verbal spar.
 
Jarrod's evil smile turned to a sneer of disgust. “You talking to me?”
 
Veronica smirked, a smirk that would make her father proud flipping the lose side of her hair over her shoulder she said, “No I'm talking to the gorilla with the banana up his nose behind you.”
 
The girls laughed and Jarrod's face turned red and Veronica could feel her smirk turn to a full fledged grin, oh how she loved making him squirm.
 
Jarrod recovered quickly and that slimy smile returned to his face, he turned his back to her as if to walk away and taunted. “You know its rude for scum like yourself to talk so rudely of those above you. But then what do you expect from a useless wastes of space like the three of you. You'll pay for that one….Veronica.”
 
Veronica's blood began to boil instantly. No one, and I mean no one called her Veronica accept her parents, and no one talked about her or friends like they were nothing! Jarrod snapped his fingers and his goons charged her. She didn't move she waited till they were almost upon her and then with inhuman speed punched them both in the stomach multiple times. They collapsed to the floor writhing in pain.
 
Jarrod stared, shaking in a fear. Jas and Ebony were stunned into shock as well, when Veronica zoomed up to Jarrod and slammed him into the wall leaving a crack that could have been a crater. They immediately noticed something different about their friend. Her eyes' sparkled with lightning bolts of anger coursing through them. Her voice had dropped to a dangerous low rumble. Jarrod screamed in pain and Veronica pulled on his collar bringing his face dangerously close to her own.
 
“Nobody calls me Veronica and lives to tell about it!” With that she punched him right in the face and kneed him in the stomach. Her assault continued until Jas and Ebony were able to snap out of their shock and ran to stop her. Jas grabbed her shoulder and shook her.
 
“Ronnie! SNAP OUT OF IT!” She shouted.
 
They pulled and pulled, but weren't strong enough to stop her assault. And soon the sound of the beating reached several teachers who appeared. They yelled for her to stop and finally it took half a dozen people to pull her away from Jarrod, who slumped to the floor a bloodied and broken mess. The teachers ignored her for the time being as they took to helping the injured males.
 
Finally Veronica seemed to realize what she had done. She snapped out of her trance and shook her head. Jas and Ebony held her arms tightly as if that could stop another assault. “Are you nuts?! What did you think you were doing?! You'll get suspended for this!” Jas growled out through clenched teeth.
 
“Forget suspension! You could be looking at jail time!” Ebony shouted.
 
“I….I don't know what came over me.” Ronnie said staring at the ground. But that wasn't true, she knew. Her saiyan side had taken over. It was a problem only she had among the saiyan half lings. Gohan was the only one who could be said to have had something similar when he was younger, but now he was balanced. Whenever Veronica got angry her saiyan blood would reign supreme, battle instinct would take over and she would lose all sense of human morality. She very well could have killed him. Extreme power and strength came at a high price, although she had never lost it this badly before.
 
This fact alone caused her distress. Although she would not show remorse for what she had done. Her saiyan pride would not allow her, although her humanity was shrieking at her.
 
When Jarrod and the other boys were removed for medical assistance one of the teachers turned on Veronica with a scowl and said, “Come with me Miss. Briefs.”
 
Veronica was led to the principal's office and made to sit in a chair while they called her parents. She sat in a chair outside the office awaiting her sentence and she could feel a weight upon her shoulders, she knew it must be guilt.
 
A little while later Bulma walked in and she saw Veronica sitting there she was confused. Obviously they had not explained the situation over the phone. Bulma went into the principal's office. Veronica knew she came out things would not look good for her.
 
Bulma came out with a serious frown on her face. She said nothing accept, “Come on Veronica we are going home.” Bulma drove them home from Capsule Corp in silence, but the minute the door closed behind them….the lecturing began.
 
“Veronica what's wrong with you!? Your principal told me you BEAT the pulp out of a boy in your class, and injured TWO others as well! What the HELL were you thinking?!” Her tirade ended and Veronica shot back her own, as they say like mother like daughter.
 
“He insulted me and my friends! He was asking for it!”
 
“No one ASKS for a broken nose, a FULL set of broken ribs, and THREE sets of stitches, Veronica! Do you realize you been suspended from West High for TWO MONTHS! Just be glad the boy didn't press charges!”
 
“TWO MONTHS!” Was all Veronica could say in response.
 
“Yes I think its time we took you out of public school and put you back in tutoring with Bra.”
 
“NO! MOM! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!”
 
“I can and I will. Why should I let you go and interact with other kids if there's always a chance you'll beat the snot out of them! You're lucky you weren't expelled!”
 
“I can't help it! It's in my blood! If you are going to blame someone for my violent outbursts blame dad!”
 
Bulma was confused to say the least by her daughter's comment. “What does your father have anything to do with this?”
 
“He's a saiyan, RIGHT?! Saiyans are supposed to be battle crazed maniacs aren't they?” She screamed.
 
Bulma was shocked. Never had Veronica spoken about her saiyan heritage as such, in fact out of all her children she was the one most interested in her alien heritage.
“That's not entirely true!” Bulma replied trying to maintain her cool although it was obvious Veronica wasn't.
 
“YES it is! That's what I am and I obviously don't get my blood lust from YOU!” Veronica gasped after she realized what she had just said. She grab her head and shook it trying to clear out the fog that had overcome her rational mind. “I'm so….sorry. I…I…never mind.” She mumbled.
 
`What am I doing?' She mused inwardly. This unusual outburst of uncontrollable lust for blood had taken quite a toll on her mental state. She quickly ran out the back door and flew off, before she could be stopped.
 
`What am I going to do with you?' Bulma thought to herself shaking her head as she heard her daughter's door slam.
 
Bulma stood silently for a while then, “Ah hell with it.” She mumbled and headed off to the GR, she would let her husband deal with it.
 
Bulma banged on the door of the GR loudly, as she had done a thousand times before. “VEGETA!” She shouted. She stopped when she heard his audible grumble and the machine power down. The door opened and he stared at her looking slightly miffed, but paying attention just the same in case it was a real emergency.
 
Bulma gave a heavy sigh and crossed her arms over her chest in a very Vegeta-like fashion. Vegeta smirked, they had truly developed one another's habits in all the years they had been mated and he loved seeing her like that, but usually it meant she was being REALLY serious.
 
“Vegeta you need to talk to your daughter.”
 
Vegeta raised an eyebrow his smirk stayed however. “Which one?”
 
Bulma sighed again. “Veronica!”
 
“Why me?”
 
“Because… you two have a lot more in common then she and I do.” Vegeta could see it hurt Bulma that she wasn't closer with Veronica. “Besides she seems to be having some….saiyan instinct troubles.”
 
Vegeta nodded. “I thought she might.” Of all his children she was the most like a full blooded saiyan and he remembered how difficult his assimilation into human life had been.
 
Bulma explained what had happened and heaved a large sigh. “What are we going to do?” Bulma asked worry evident in her voice. Vegeta wrapped his arms around his mate to calm her. “I'll speak with her.” He said, and then went off to find Veronica.
 
He found her out on the empty wasteland that the Z fighters used for training and battles frequently. Veronica was pummeling the shit out of a boulder, each punch decimating it a little more. “Not bad.” He said as he watched her.
 
She through a grouchy glare at him and said, “Not bad? This used to be a mountain!”
 
Vegeta's eyes widened momentarily and he said, “Impressive.”
 
Veronica grunted in response and continued her vendetta against the rock. Vegeta watched for another moment before speaking. “Your mother told me about today.” No response. “I was wondering why you did it?”
 
Veronica's expression did not change. “In your words dad, that earthling pissed me off.”
 
Vegeta's went wide once again. “I never thought I'd hear you say that.”
 
“Why not? I'm a saiyan aren't I?”
 
“Part saiyan, but part earthling too.”
 
Veronica stopped her smashing and turned to face her father her face turning sad and she stared down at the ground. “Well sometimes I feel more like a saiyan then anything else.”
 
Vegeta wasn't sure what to say right away, but, “There's nothing wrong with that, you just need to control yourself with the weaklings is all.” He floated down to the ground and she followed him sitting down and pulling her knees to her chest and sighing heavily. Vegeta sat down beside her and she spoke.
 
“I can handle my strength perfectly when I train with my friends but, when I get angry I can't control myself.”
 
“You get that from me.” Vegeta said deadpan.
 
Veronica laughed a little and then Vegeta's blank expression and he did too.
 
After a few moments of laughter he coughed regaining his serious father face. “I have decided your punishment.” Veronica stared up nervously at her father biting her lip and hoping she looked innocent enough to get off easy. Vegeta eyed her look and turned his gaze away so as not to be affected by her puppy face. “You've already been suspended for two months from school so for that whole time you are grounded.” Veronica's jaw dropped. “That means no going out with friends and no phone, and extra training.”
 
“What about my computer!?” Veronica asked urgently. Kano had been right about her need for it.
 
“You can keep that, you're going to need it for the work you'll be doing during your suspension.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“I mean I am making you train harder and I am almost positive your mother will have an academic regiment for you so that you don't fall behind with all the work you miss.”
 
“Ah and here I thought I had a couple months off!” She said sarcastically.
 
Vegeta smirked. “And you are still coming to the get together on Sunday.”
 
Veronica sighed. “I guess its better then nothing. But do I hafta?” She said pleadingly.
 
“If I have to go and be in the same room with Kakarott for a few hours and be civil about it so do YOU!” He said bringing them nose to nose to illustrate his point.
 
“Of course, I wouldn't dream of leaving you alone with Goku. Dende only knows what you'd do to him!” She remarked with a grin at her own sarcastic comment.
 
Vegeta smiled and lightly punched her shoulder. “That's my girl.”
 
Veronica smiled, it wasn't often that she got to hang out with her dad like this, he made her feel better. “Hey dad you wanna spar?” She asked.
 
“Only if you think you can handle sparring against me?”
 
“You bet!” So father and daughter spent the rest of the afternoon sparring.
 
 
On Saturday the house was a buzz with activity. Bulma was getting everything ready for the party, Vegeta had taken Bra on an impromptu shopping spree, Trunks was working on a new invention, and Veronica had just finished a morning of intense training, and was heading to the menagerie to visit her pets when Trunks appeared. “Hey sis, you been training?” Veronica was wearing a sweaty T-Shirt a pair of tight black shorts and a head band around her forehead under her mass of hair.
 
“Thank you for that stunning report Captain Obvious!” Veronica said as she walked by him giving him a mock salute.
 
She walked into the menagerie and was jumped on by her dogs. They knocked her down and began to lick her face. Soon more exotic pets appeared around her. Tigers, monkeys, baby dinosaurs. Like her grandfather she had quite a way with the animals. She sat on the floor and petted them all as best she could when her grandfather and her mother appeared. “There you are!” Bulma exclaimed.
 
“Hello my dear.” Doctor Briefs greeted her.
 
Veronica balanced a monkey on her shoulder gently pushed a tiger away from her face where he was licking her so she could answer. “What's up?” She asked.
 
Bulma smiled. “I was wondering if you would like to come to the lab with me?”
 
“Why would I want to go to the lab mom? I suck at inventing. Basic mechanic skills do not register in here.” She said knocking on her skull.
 
“Oh posh, you are my daughter, thus you are intelligent enough to do anything. Come on, please, I need some company.”
 
Veronica was finding it difficult to say no to her mother, she felt like she should at least go with her in apology for causing her all that trouble last week. “Alright, if you really want me too.”
 
Bulma smiled and the two of them walked across Capsule Corp to the lab. Trunks was already there working on a design for some new invention that would make Capsule even more rich and famous then it already was. “Trunks, I thought you had a meeting with the executives today?” Bulma asked retrieving lab coats for her and Veronica.
 
“I do, I just wanted to finish this before I went, but I'd better get going before I'm late.” Trunks got up to walk out of the room, but messed with Veronica's hair first. “Don't blow anything up in here ok, sis.” She swatted his hand away and glared at him as he left the room.
 
Bulma and Veronica sat down at a messy work bench, with paper and pencils strewn all around. Bulma began working on her previous inventions and Veronica sat there tapping her fingers bored. To amuse herself she picked up a small metal orb sitting on the table and turned it over in her hands when she suddenly had an idea. She grabbed a pencil and some paper and began to eagerly sketch out her idea, all the while her gaze jumping back and forth between the orb and the paper and occasionally glancing towards the ceiling with her tongue sticking out in concentration. Bulma soon got curious after a while and looked over her shoulder.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
Veronica sat up straight and slid her paper across the table to her mother. “Ha! I've done it! I've solved the energy crisis!”
 
Bulma raised an eyebrow as she watched Veronica pick up the metal orb and twirl it on her finger. “You've solved the world's energy crisis in one hour?”
 
“Not the world's energy crisis! The battle energy crisis I'm always hearing about!”
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
“Well everybody is always telling me about how they always lose a lot of energy during big battles. It always seems that they run out of energy right when they need it, near the end of the battle. Well, what if they could store any amount they wanted into this small orb and save it for an emergency.”
 
Bulma studied Veronica's schematic and then nodded. “An orb that holds an energy blast? It could work, but how would they get the energy in and out of the orb?”
 
“We can push our energy into it, if we can form it into a ball and usually push our energy through substances in its purest form. If the ball can contain it, then to deploy it can be like an impact sensitive grenade or capsule deployed.”
 
Bulma was impressed to say the least by her daughter's idea, but it was the least to be expected from the child of a genius inventor and a battle tactician. “That could work. That would have helped us out in a lot of battles. If I can figure out the mechanics of it, we'll make a reserve for the Z forces, I'm not sure how open some would be to using backups but it is a really great practical idea.”
 
Veronica beamed, praise from her mom was few and far between Bulma and her continued to discuss the logistics of Veronica's first invention and Veronica could only think how ironic that she got closer with her parents because she got in trouble.