Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Rebel Princess ❯ Party!!! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 4 Party!!!
 
The next morning (Sunday) Veronica awoke early she knew she would be spending much of the day at the party and that Vegeta still wanted her to get her training in. She did sit ups, push ups, and practiced her strikes and kicks. After that she snuck down to the kitchen to get some breakfast. She grabbed a bowl of cereal and headed back to her room. When she got there several of her dogs were lying outside her door, she let them in and sat down on her bed sketch pad in hand. She was so caught up in her drawing she lost track of time. 2 hours later she looked up at the clock…. “11! DAMN!” She had half an hour to get ready before the Z gang started arriving for the party.
 
She ran to her closet and began to rummage. Clothes flew all across the room as she searched for something her mother would dub suitable. She held up various clothing combinations for her dogs' approval. “What about these? Dressy enough?” They shook their heads at her. “AH!” She shouted in frustration. Finally she found a pair of black dress pants and a long sleeved red peasant blouse. “I haven't worn this in forever.” She said looking herself over in her mirror. “I'm surprised it still fits?!”
 
“What do you think guys?” She asked her pets once again and they barked their approval.
 
Just then there was a knock on the door. “Veronica! Hurry up!” It was Bra.
 
“Great even she's ready before me!” Veronica sprang across her room to the jewelry box and pulled out her pearl earring and her silver choker with the onyx stone in the front. She clipped them on while staring in the mirror she shook her head in frustration as she noticed her permanently askance mane. “I hate my hair! Why does it have to be stuck in this shape all the time!” She sighed heavily and threw her hands up in despair. “Forget it!” She said throwing on her slip on flats and falling out the door. “Stay here!” She shouted to her pets as she raced off to the garden to join the party. She was twenty minutes late.
 
She walked into the garden everyone present except her, thusly all eyes fell on her and her rushed entrance. Bulma spoke aloud from across the room approaching her. “There you are! Did you over sleep?”
 
“No I lost track of time.” She said as she scratched the back of her head. Bulma crossed her arms as Vegeta approached.
 
“Sounds like something I would expect from your father.”
 
Vegeta smirked and replied, “Like Father like daughter I suppose.” Veronica smiled and then 18 and Marron walked over.
 
“Hey Ronnie, long time no see.” Marron said casually. Veronica smiled and hugged her, Marron was like a big sister to Veronica and 18 was pretty awesome too. They were the only two of the non family Z fighters who weren't freaked out by her.
 
“Its great to see you guys! 18 when did you cut your hair?!” She exclaimed excitedly.
 
“Yeah, I needed a new style. You like it?”
 
“I love it!” They chatted for a bit telling each other of recent happening and their lives then mused about when the dancing was going to start. Just then Trunks walked by talking to Goten. They walked over to Yamcha who didn't seem interested in talking he was staring at Veronica with a mild nostalgia on his face. Suddenly he just spoke out of the blue “You know Trunks, your sister reminds me a lot of your mother when she was young. She's just as beautiful.”
 
Trunks rolled his eyes. “Oh please Yamcha! Don't even talk like that!”
 
Yamcha laughed. “Just kidding Trunks, I would never think of her like that, she's just a kid and besides your dad would kill me.” Goten turned and looked at Veronica.
 
“Well…she is pretty.” He said softly.
 
Trunks and Yamcha stared skeptically at him. And when Goten noticed their stairs he blushed a little and shrugged. “For a kid.” He said nervously.
 
Finally Bulma turned on the music and the small raised platform in their large garden became a dance floor for the girls while the older Z fighters chatted. “Let's dance!” Veronica shouted and Bra grinned gladly following her older sister out onto the floor they were soon followed by Marron and Pan. Pan was blushing like crazy and just stood with them as they danced. Veronica looked over her and asked, “Pan why aren't you dancing?”
 
“I don't know how!” She confessed embarrassed.
 
“Don't sweat it, I'll teach you.” Soon Veronica's dance lessons had all of the girls tearing up the floor. From off to the side, all the moms watched.
 
“Should we?” Bulma asked.
 
“Let's!” Videl said with a smile. With that, Bulma, Videl, 18, and Chi chi joined the party on the dance floor.
 
Piccolo, Goku, and Vegeta were standing together watching them. “I never thought I'd see the day where the children of Vegeta and the grandchild of Goku would be dancing together.” Piccolo commented.
 
Goku grinned. “Sounds crazy doesn't it. I still can't believe you have THREE kids Vegeta. After all these years I still can't grasp it.”
 
“Well believe it Kakarott. They're all mine. Those are my daughters. I'm not sure I'll ever totally understand them. Especially Veronica…..” Vegeta mused. He and Veronica had a lot in common, but she was still such a free and different spirit then he had ever been, he wasn't sure how he could help her balance her instincts with the world she lived in.
 
“What do you mean?” Piccolo asked.
 
“She's so different from Trunks and Bra, she hates inventing and won't go shopping unless she has too. She's like me in a lot way and yet she's interested in the strangest thing, and that scares me.”
 
“What that she likes strange stuff?” Goku asked.
 
“No….that she's like me…” Vegeta spoke softly. Goku didn't respond he knew that Vegeta was thinking of all the pain he'd caused others in the past, Bulma included. He had long since repented and given up those ways, but he worried Veronica would end up the same way. He just nodded in understanding and the three of them were silent observing the group on the dance floor.
 
The part was a lot of fun, food, dance, chat, at one point a slow song began to play. The moms managed to drag their men out on the floor. Even Bulma and Chichi dragged Vegeta and Goku out onto the floor. Trunks finally ponyed up and asked Pan to dance, Veronica was exceedingly pleased cause she knew her brother had a slight crush on the girl and vice versa. Maybe in a few years she could play matchmaker. Uub was there and he asked Marron to dance. Bra and Veronica didn't really care to dance. Goten was the only single male left and he approached the table the two were sitting at. He stood before Veronica obviously nervous he scratched the back of his head and smiled the traditional Son innocent smile. “Hey V, would you care to dance?” Veronica rolled her eyes. She and Trunks were not the closest of siblings and she had always lumped Goten into the say `playa' bracket as her brother, that or he was stupid like his father. Besides she didn't care for any pity dance from her brother's best friend just cause she didn't have a boyfriend. `V? No one calls me that?' She thought curiously. “With you?” She asked out loud.
 
“Yeah.”
 
“I don't think so. I'll sit this one out.” She said looking away, the Vegeta trade mark cold hard look on her face. Goten's eyes seemed to loose their glow and unlike Veronica Bra noticed this. She smirked and said, “I'll dance with you Goten.” Goten smiled politely and took her hand. “Ok.”
 
The two of them went out on the floor and the two of them danced, a friendly dance. “You've got a crush on my sister don't you Goten?” Bra whispered.
 
Goten's eyes grew wide. “How did you know?”
 
Bra giggled. “Its obvious. You looked so forlorn when she turned you down.” Her voice changing to a sympathetic tone as she spoke.
 
Goten blushed. “Can you blame her, I'm Trunks best friend, and ten years her senior. Besides Vegeta would flip if I tried to ask her out. I'm worried he's going to kill me for dancing with you as it is.”
 
Bra smirked. “Probably, but I think you have bigger problems.”
 
“Like what?”
 
“Veronica doesn't like you, even as a friend.” Bra said seriously although she hated telling Goten such a cold hard truth.
 
“I know that's part of the problem. Can you help me?” Goten asked a glimmer of hope in his dark eyes.
 
“I don't know…..Maybe I'll keep you for myself.” Bra said sarcastically running her fingers through his hair. Goten cringed and spoke nervously.
 
“Very funny Bra.” Bra laughed.
 
“Ok, I'll see what I can do.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
 
The party was over all too soon and they all said their goodbyes promising to see each other again soon. Veronica went straight to her room, to converse with her friends online as was her evening custom. After Bra had dressed down for the night she ventured to her sister's room and knocked. “What?” Veronica called from the other side.
 
“It's me, Bra, I want to talk to you.”
 
“Come in.” Bra came in and surveyed the mess that was Veronica's room. Clothes, books, papers, and CDs were strewn everywhere, Bra stepped over a while of dirty laundry and sat down on the only clean surface in the room the bed.
 
“What cha doing?” She asked innocently, or so it seemed.
 
“Talking to my friends. What do you want?”
 
“Nothing, I was just wondering…..if you had any crushes as of late?” Bra said not too coyly and grinned fiddling with her hair as Veronica's head swiveled around and glared at her.
 
“Why in the world would I?” She replied annoyed.
“I don't know. It's just you're 17 and you've never had a boyfriend. Seems a little strange to me.”
 
Veronica rolled her eyes and turned back to the computer screen, “That's because I am strange.” There was a short silence while Bra thought.
 
`I have to get something out of her for Goten's sake.' She pulled her knees up to her chest nonchalantly and asked. “What do you look for in a guy?”
 
Veronica sighed heavily. “I know where this is going and it stops now. If you are trying to set me up with somebody forget it.”
 
“I'm doing no such thing! I was just wondering. Sheesh! Can't we even talk as sisters?” Bra snapped seemingly irritated.
 
Veronica leaned back in her chair and sighed again giving into her little sister's questions. “You really wanna know?”
 
Bra nodded. “Well he would have to be strong so I would have someone good to spar with.”
 
`Check' Bra thought mentally making her checklist of Goten's attributes in comparison with her sister's list.
 
“A good guy, not like a knight in shining armor just an average nice guy.”
 
`Check'
 
“Preferably handsome.”
 
`Check'
 
“We should probably have something in common so we can do some stuff together.”
 
`Not sure about that one.'
 
“Obviously we should be compatible so I don't kill him.”
 
`Ish. Not good.'
 
“Funny and sweet.”
 
`Doable.'
 
“I guess that's it.”
 
Bra smiled and said, “Ok, thanks for telling me! Good night!” With that she abruptly left the room. Veronica blinked when the door closed behind her.
 
“Weird.”
 
Bra leaned against the outside of Veronica's door deep in thought. `What am I going to tell Goten? The two of them don't exactly get along, they only have like two things in common, saiyan blood and fighting skills. What am I going to do?'