Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Relationships ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: You know the deal people.

AN: I did it! It's updated. I want to clear up something about this story. The picnic/Bar-B-Que is just a common ground for all the characters. The story, though, jumps around in time during the day. Sometimes it will be before or after or during the picnic, but the first one (Yamcha's) will (as you already know) be the beginning of the day and the last (for me to know and you to find out) will be the end of the day. Anyway enough of my blabber, on with the fic.

* * *

"No, No! A little more to the right. Okay a little back to the left. Oh, Oh, Oh! What if we put that table over there under that tree!"

Vegeta stopped where he was standing and dropped the heavy picnic table where he stood. He then turned and frowned at his mate, who was standing in the doorway of the kitchen giving orders to her three slaves for the day.

At his look Bulma promptly stopped her orders and smiled sweetly. "The table is just fine where it is, Vegeta. Thank you for your help."

With a that's-what-I-thought grunt, Vegeta crossed his arms and walked across the lawn.

"Okay, Trunks dear, move your table under the tree and Yamcha place yours next to Vegeta's," he heard her order as he walked away.

Taking a spot under his regular tree, Vegeta stretched his legs out in front of him and silently watched the woman. She continued to give orders as she sampled the fork full of potato salad that her mother had just shoved into her face. She was determined to make this little get together of hers a success. As he thought of the party to come he almost sighed. She was going to owe him big time for sitting through this yet again. He watched her graceful movements and the gentle sway of her hips and he knew just how she would pay him. Tonight.

His desire for her had not always been this strong. In fact it had been quite the opposite. The woman liked to delude herself into thinking that he had lusted after her at first sight. Nothing was farther from the truth. True she had had the same amazing body and those same azure eyes that he now found so memorizing, but she hadn't been his type. He preferred women of a darker coloring and a much higher ki. Women who he knew wouldn't break if things got a little …rough.

It had actually been the thing that turned most men off to her that had turned him on. Vegeta liked nothing better than a good fight and with Bulma Briefs around that was always something you could count on. Even in her weakness she refused to back down from a fight, throwing insults as well as Kakarot threw punches. Her temper and sharp tongue were very…Saiyan-jin. Actually it had been because she had been angry enough with him once to kill him that he had lain with her that first time. His lip turned up at the memory. She had turned out to be feisty in more than just the verbal sparring department.

He didn't know when it had happened but soon his lust for her turned to something more. He couldn't put a name to it but it made him do stupid things. Things like giving his life for her. Today he could probably put a name to it. It was a name that she used towards him often. A name that he knew he would never use. He just didn't have it in him to.

Small fingers snapping in his face interrupted his thoughts.

"Daddy! Hey daddy, are you all right?" asked the concerned little voice.

Vegeta frowned and shook away his thoughts. How long had he been sitting there? Several of the Z crew had already arrived. "I'm fine. What do you want girl?"

Bra smiled. "I need your help daddy. The string on the back of my shirt keeps coming loose. Will you tie it?"

Vegeta's frown deepened. "Of course not! That's what your mother is for."

"But daddy she's busy! Please tie it for me!" those big blue eyes begged.

Vegeta sighed. "Turn around," he commanded. Bra smiled and presented him her back.

He quickly looked around to see if anyone was watching then tied the knot tight enough to ensure he wouldn't have to do it again.

Bra smiled bright as she turned back to him. "Thank you daddy," she said as she leaned over and pecked her father's cheek. Vegeta recoiled. The child was way too emotional for her own good.

That was her biggest problem. Her human side. It made her weak and frail, leaving him another woman to protect. He just didn't understand where the Saiyan-jin in her had gone. She held absolutely no desire to train and preferred shopping, hair, and clothes. He prayed that it was a phase that she would grow out of soon. If she didn't he would have to start training her against her will. Because she was going to need it.

She had inherited more then just her coloring from her mother. She had that same fiery temper and sharp tongue (though the woman often accused him as being the donor parent) that was going to get her in trouble one day. She would need to know how to protect herself.

But till the time came that she was ready he would just have to carry the burden of being her protector.

He watched as she scurried across the yard and was stopped by the boy. He knelt before her and began talking directly into her ear. When she nodded eagerly and he patted her head, Vegeta knew something was wrong. What is that boy up to?

He was about to go see for himself when the sent of food caught his nose. He turned to see the woman approaching with two plates piled high with food. He crossed his arms and watched her walk up the small hill that lead to his resting spot.

Without hesitation she sat down next to him and stretched out her own legs. She sat one of the plates in his lap and held the other in hers.

"I guess you're not going to join the party," she stated more than asked.

"Do I ever?" he said as she handed him a fork.

Bulma shrugged and watched as he began digging into his meal. When he had cleared half of the mountain of food he frowned at her. "You're not eating."

"I already did. This one is for you, too," she said motioning to the plate in her lap.

He nodded and continued to eat. When finished his plate sat it aside and held out his hand for the next one. Bulma handed it over. As he finished off the second plate, Bulma watched as the sun began to set. He sat the second plated on top of the other and Bulma handed him a napkin. After he wiped his hands and mouth he discarded the napkin on top of the plate.

"You didn't spar with Goku today," Bulma pointed out as they continued watching the sky.

"I didn't feel like," was his simple reply.

Bulma sighed contentedly and leaned her head on his shoulder. Oddly enough, Vegeta found no urge to shrug her off. And so they sat until the sun set.

"Life is good," Bulma murmured. She took his silence as agreement.

"BULMA! Bulma where are you?"

Bulma lifted her head just as Videl came over the small hill. She knew him well enough to know he wouldn't take kindly to being seen in such an intimate position.

"Oh," Videl blushed feeling like she was interrupting something. "Sorry but Bra want's to sing for everyone and she says she can't do it without momma and daddy there."

"Children. The ultimate mood killer," Vegeta murmured for Bulma's ears only.

Bulma chuckled softly and stood, stretching her muscles. "Come on your majesty, our princess await," Bulma said as they walked back to the picnic with Videl.

Vegeta sighed then stood and followed.

* * *

Vegeta stood away from the group as he watched his daughter belt out other one. It's just a phase. Just a phase, he promised himself. As the crowd cheered for her to do another one, the sound of a car starting caught Vegeta's ear. He turned slightly and frowned in the direction of the garage. What could that be? he wondered.

Silently he floated away from the group and over to the garage. He landed in the driveway just as the garage door opened and his car came rolling out. He frowned as Trunks slammed on the brakes and stopped the car inches from hitting him.

He saw Goten's eyes widened in fear as he walked around the car and stopped just as the driver side door opened.

"Dad!" Trunks exclaimed as he stepped out the car. "Where've you been? I haven't seen you sent before the picnic."

Vegeta was not to be side tracked. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Who me?" Trunks said innocently.

Vegeta only waited.

Trunks sighed. "Look dad, there's this really great party going on across town. Goten and me really want to go."

"Last I heard you were grounded," Vegeta stated.

"Dad come on. It's just one little party. Think about what you have to gain if we go. Bra will probably go with Pan tonight, so you'll have a completely kid free house. Think about the possibilities," Trunks offered enticingly.

Vegeta knew a con when he heard one. Especially with this kid. He'd had a lot of practice.

"And if your mother finds out?" Vegeta questioned.

"She won't. I swear. So will you cut us some slack? Please dad," those same blue eyes pleaded. Damn, he was lost when it came to those eyes.

"I never saw you," Vegeta warned.

Trunks smiled. "Thanks dad," he said climbed back into the car.

"Boy," Vegeta called.

"Yes dad."

"If you wreck my car, your ass is grass."

"Sure thing," Trunks said as he put the car in drive and was gone.

Vegeta watched as the car disappeared around the bend.

Between the boy, the girl, and the woman, they would be the death of him. And to be honest he wouldn't have it any other way.

* * *

Whew, finally updated! When You Least Expect here I come!! Don't forget to review. Thanks for reading.