Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Relationships ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: *looks at Vegeta* If I had done that…well never mind. There may be kids reading.

AN: Okay I have a few announcements here. First, if you are reading Cha's Danger In The Horizon then you probably noticed she hasn't update in a while. Well that's because she's having some problems getting on mediaminer so she wanted me to tell all of you to check her out at Fanfiction.net under her pen name ronin. Second, if you want a really good, original v/b check out Saiyan-jin 44's The Way I Was Before. Okay now for the fic.

* * *

Goten took a bite out of the Bar-B-Qued turkey leg and frowned across the table.

"I don't know Trunks…," he said skeptically.

"Come on Goten. This is going to be the best party Edge has had since…well…since the last one he had and you're trying to tell me you want to miss it for this Bar-B-Que! You got to be kidding me," Trunks said in disbelief.

Goten sat down the turkey leg and sighed. It was true that Edge always threw the best parties but there was a lot to consider here.

"I would love to go Trunks, really I would, but you know I'm still in trouble from the last time you dragged me to a party. My mom will kill me if she finds out I went to a party while still on punishment."

Trunks sat back in his seat and turned his face skyward. "It's okay Goten. I understand. But…" he looked across the table directly into Goten's eyes, "I'm not sure Amber will."

"Amber?!" Goten said eyes wide. Visions of the tall voluptuous red head with fiery green eyes quickly filtered into his brain.

Trunks began examining his nails with great interest. "Yep. She seemed pretty excited when I told her you'd be there but I'm sure when I explain how afraid you are of your mom she'll understand. After all I hear she's into the sensitive type, you know?"

"Wait a minute, Trunks. I didn't say I wasn't going-" Goten began.

"Great," Trunks said with a triumphant smile, "so we'll stay here till dark and then I'll get Bra to put on one of her little shows. While everyone's oh and ah-ing over how cute she is, we can slip away. If I know my mom, she'll have this party jumping all night, so when you get home your mom will think you just stayed at the party a little later than they did-"

As Trunks rambled on about his plans, Goten sat dazed. He was doing it again. Every time he turned around Trunks had some new trouble-making scheme. You'd think the guy just sat in his room thinking of new ways to get them in trouble.

"Hold it Trunks! I didn't say I was going, either," he protested.

Trunks rolled his eyes and sighed. Leaning on the table between them, he says logically, "Look Goten, we both know you're gonna go, so you might as well just help me with the plans."

Goten bit his lip. What am I going to do?

"Hi Trunks!"

The teens looked down their table at the little blond.

"Hey Marron!" Trunks said with a smile. "Don't you look cute."

Marron blushed and smiled shyly. "Thank you. It's a new outfit."

"Well you look gorgeous. Right Goten?" he asked.

"Yeah," Goten answered shaking his head. It never ceased to amaze him how women of all ages seemed to flock to his buddy and how Trunks seemed completely oblivious to the fact. It was obvious to everyone that Krillin's only child was in love with the young prince and yet Trunks saw her as nothing more than a cute little family friend. Goten felt kind of sorry for the kid.

"Trunks will you come help me carry some more bags of charcoal out?" Bulma called across the yard.

"Sure mom. Be there in a sec." He turned to Marron. "If you'll excuse me, cutie, I have to go help my mom," he said making her giggle then turned to Goten, "Think about what I said. I'll be right back." He headed towards his house.

Marron sighed as she watched him walk away then turned to Goten. "Isn't he cute?" she said dreamily.

"Yeah, absolutely adorable," Goten said his voice dripping sarcasm that the lovesick little girl didn't seem to pick up on.

To be honest, that pretty much summed up his buddy. The heartthrob, the troublemaker, and the eager-to-please son all wrapped in one. The guy was really something else. He sometimes wondered what his life would be like without him.

Luckily he had never had to experience life without his best bud. Trunks was the first person he had ever met outside his mom and Gohan. He could still remember the day...

He had been playing with his 'sound and play' toy in his playpen. He loved how when he pushed the big red button that it made a 'ding' sound. It held his attention for hours at a time. On this particular day he had been playing with it since forever it had seemed to his child's mind, when a shadow had fallen over the toy. He looked up to see a pair of blue eyes frowning down on him. He had smiled at the boy but he had continued to frown.

"There you are, Trunks!" A lady with pretty blue eyes had said as she walked up. "I see you already met Goten. Are you boys playing nicely?" she asked.

The boy nodded.

"Good!"

His mom had walked up at that moment. "Well it would probably be a lot easier for them to play if I take Goten out of his pen," his mom had said. She lifted him out and placed him on the floor next to where the boy was standing. She put a ball in his lap then she and the lady with the pretty eyes had gone into the room with the food.

He bounced the small ball a few times then looked up and offered it to the boy who had been watching him intently. The boy was hesitant at first then took the offering. He bounced it a couple of times then smiled down at him. Goten smiled back. He bounced it again, this time with more force than he intended and caused the ball to bounce all over the room. Both boys watched in wide-eyed wonder as it bounced from wall to wall and finally out the window.

They simultaneously looked behind them to see if their moms had heard anything. They hadn't. The blue-eyed boy smiled at him strangely then. He walked over to the front door and reached for the knob but he was too short. The boy looked at him and waved him over. Goten looked around to see who he was talking to. When he realized it was him he got on all fours and crawled over to the door. When he was parallel to the door, much to his surprise, the boy grabbed his head for balance and stepped onto his back. He then reached up and turned the knob.

He climbed off of Goten's back. He smiled at Goten then walked outside in search of the ball. Goten tilted his had curiously and followed.

They stumbled and crawled along the lush green grass of his yard. When they reached the edge of the forest they looked at each other. The boy's eyes seemed to dare him to continue then the boy walked into the forest. Goten looked back at his house then followed the boy. The rocks and sticks under his hands and knees felt strange, though they didn't hurt.

He followed the boy until they reached a small bush. The boy held out his hand for him to wait then he walked into the brush. Goten sat on his diapered bottom and placed his thumb in his mouth. He tilted his head and stared at the bush until he heard a sound behind him. He turned and saw a big furry dog walking up behind him. At first he laughed, because he liked furry things, but then the animal growled at him and his little eyes widened.

At that moment the boy stumbled out the bush, ball in hand and looked the scene before him. He quickly (well as quick as his stubby little legs would carry him) placed himself between Goten and the animal. He bared his teeth and began growling back at the animal. The dog backed down slightly but didn't completely retreat until Goten began growling too. When the animal was gone the two boys smiled at each other. The boy held up the ball and Goten giggled. Their merriment came to an end when he heard his mom.

"Bulma they're over here!" she called.

They knew they were in trouble when the two women came running towards them. His mom swooped him up and hugged him to her chest.

"Don't you ever do that to me again, Son Goten!" she said hugging him tighter.

"You either Trunks, do you understand?" he heard the other woman say. He could only assume that the boy had nodded his head.

Their moms carried them out of the forest and walked over to a shiny red car. The other mom turned and looked at his mom.

"Well Chi, it looks like we've got a couple of trouble makers on our hands," she said with a smile.

"Yeah. We're going to have to keep an eye on these two," his mom said hugging him again.

"Well young man," the other mom said to the boy she was holding, "I think you've had enough fun for today. Say good bye to Goten."

The boy smiled and waved.

Goten giggled and waved back…

Yes, even in their first meeting Trunks had gotten him into trouble. And as they got older, the trouble got bigger. Like last year when they had had a night on the town. Both packing fake IDs and both wanting nothing more than boobs, beer, and excitement. Trunks had got the boobs, he had got the beer, and they had spilt the excitement. He had come out of that one with several skillet marks from his mom and an extremely embarrassing henna tattoo on his ass that everyone except Vegeta (Thank God!) had seen. To this day he still couldn't look Bulma in the eye.

Yeah, Trunks got him into a hell of a lot of trouble but damn…was it ever fun! He shook his head as he decided to go to the party. He was a complete idiot.

He looked up to see Trunks on one knee talking to Bra. She nodded her head eagerly when he finished and Trunks mussed her hair making her giggle. He had forgotten devoted older brother in his description. Trunks stood up and walked back over to their table. He sat down next to Marron.

"Hey cutie, Bra wants to talk to you. She said it was really important," he said smiling at the little girl.

She looked disappointed at having to leave but got up anyway. She smiled and waved as she walked away, "Bye Trunks…oh, and Goten."

"See ya, Marron," Trunks waved. He then turned to Goten. "Cute kid."

"Yeah," Goten said. Poor kid was more like it.

"Okay, Bra's all for helping us, so what's your decision?" he asked changing subjects.

Goten sighed. "You knew all along I was going."

Trunks gave that trademark smirk. "Yeah, I guess I did. Here's the deal, Bra's going to start singing and we just slip out the back. We'll take my dad's car-"

"Vegeta's car!!!"

"Come down. He never drives it. He'll never know it's gone. And if we pull up in a black Ferrari then Amber will be really impressed. We're going to have the best night Goten! You just watch!"

Goten sighed. As long as Trunks was around, there was no hope for him.

* * *

I'm soooo sorry this took so long but school is killing me right now. If you have a character you want me to do next just leave it in your review* hint hint ^_~*. I have all the ideas lined up I just don't know who to do next. Special thanks to Embermaxximus for the use of her fic. If you liked the idea about boobs, beer, and excitement (and that great tattoo) then checkout her fic The Mischief-Makers. It's absolutely hilarious. Anyway thanks for reading.