Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Relationships ❯ Chapter 7

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Hi!

An: It feels so great to be writing again. Oh and if you updated something while I was gone and you told me but I haven't reviewed yet, have no fear I'm coming. I'm just having trouble catching up but I will. Anyway enjoy this chapter of Relationships.

* * *

Videl ran her fingers through her hair one last time before shutting the visor. She was acutely aware of a pair of eyes focused on her and she glanced at her husband in the driver's seat.

"Problem?" she asked arching a brow.

"No it's just that you're turning into such a girl," Gohan said slightly amused.

"What do you mean by that?" she asked more confused than anything.

"He means you took forever getting dressed today," Pan piped up from the back seat.

"Oh and exactly what was I before I made this miraculous transformation into a girl as you put it?" she asked her own amusement starting to show.

Gohan only shrugged and returned his attention to the road but Pan seemed to have her own theory. "You were a warrior! The best around! Now you're turning over to the dark side," she finished in a ghoulish whisper.

Neither Videl nor Gohan could contain their chuckles at the little girl's tone as they pulled into the front drive of Capsule Corp.

"Everybody out," Gohan announced as he shut off the engine.

"Finally," Pan murmured as she reached for the door handle only to be stopped by her mother's voice.

"Pan try not to get in a fight with Bra today, please?" Videl pleaded.

"Why would I fight with Bra? She's my best friend," Pan grew over her shoulder as she hopped out the car.

Videl rolled her eyes and looked at Gohan who was only shaking his head. She moved to follow the little girl out but a hand caught her arm. As she was pulled up against her husband's chest Videl smiled up at him. "Need something?" she asked.

He nodded as he lowered his mouth to hers and she wrapped her arms tightly around his neck as he kissed her deeply. Moments passed before he finally pulled away from her and place one finally peck on her nose. "All right that's all I wanted," he said as he released her and climbed out the car. Videl shook her head and followed. When she met him in front car, he wrapped an arm around her waist and they moved towards the backyard together.

She had to say that her daughter's statement did hold some merit. As a girl she'd been a tomboy in a sense and had never considered playing mommy and wife. It wasn't that she didn't like or want all that stuff really it was just that she'd never thought about it before. She always figured that home, hearth and family would come to her somewhere in her late thirties when all the crime fighting was done and she had everything else settled. But then she had met Gohan Son.

Since the first day she met him she'd been drawn to him though she told herself it was because she knew he was hiding something. From the Great Saiyaman through all that stuff Buu, immersing herself in his world had changed her very outlook on life. And probably most importantly he changed her views on love. Here she was not even out of high school yet and she was so deeply in love she wasn't sure it was real sometimes. She could remember when teenage romance had bloomed into full out everlasting love.

It was a day much like this one about a month before graduation. That sunny day found them sparring in the very same field in which he had taught her and his little brother to fly in. She threw blow after blow at him each of which he blocked easily yet not with his usual enthusiasm. In attempt to get his attention she gave a swift kick to his shin. Normally he would have blocked the move but just as she thought he really wasn't paying her any mind. As he leaned over to rub the spot more out of reaction than actual pain, she flopped down on the grass in the pretense of anger when really she just needed a break.

"You know Gohan, if you're not going to really spar with me I can find another partner."

He quickly shook his head as he sat down facing her. "No that's okay! Really! I just have a lot of stuff on my mind that's all."

"Oh yeah? Want to share?" she asked stretching out on her back enjoying the soft grass beneath her.

He paused a moment before saying, "Yeah I think I would. Have you thought about us?"

"What about us?" she asked watching the clouds above float by.

"Well, like, us taking the next step in, well, our relationship," he stuttered blushing slightly.

She frowned for a moment then her eyes widened and she sat up straight. "You mean, like sex?" she asked in a stunned whisper.

His face went cherry as he quickly backtracked. "Well, um, eventually, I guess, but that's not what I meant at this particular moment."

She didn't know why she felt so disappointed. "Oh, well, what do you mean?"

Gohan cleared his throat nervously a few times before looking her in the eyes. "Well lately I've been thinking a lot about Majin Buu and I just keep remembering how bad I felt when Goten told me that, well, that you were gone. I think, no, I know it made me stronger when I was fighting to bring you back. You understand what I'm saying?"

Of course she understood. She had never felt pain like that that had hit her the day Goku had told them all he was dead. It had been the first time she'd cried in years and her heart had refused to believe it was true. She never wanted to feel an agony like that again and it was this thought that made her finally realize what he was talking about.

"Oh man this isn't going how I expected," he mumbled.

"Gohan are you talking about marriage?" she asked in disbelief.

Her tone seemed to throw him off and he quickly averted his eyes. "Never mind. It was a stupid idea. Just forget I said anything," he quickly babbled as he started to stand.

Grabbing his arm, she pulled him back down into his former seat. "No, no, it's a great idea. I mean, I like it. I mean it's a good idea but only if you're for sure."

His face brightened and a half smile half smirk crossed his features. "Well I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't for sure."

A smile graced her own lips as she answered, "Well you didn't exactly ask. You more stumbled than anything."

His face became very serious suddenly as if he was determined to get this right and he took her hand. "Videl Satan will you marry me?"

She couldn't help a blush as she nodded eagerly.

They sat just smiling at one another for a moment before she finally spoke. "So do you want to spar some more?"

"Yeah sure," he shrugged as he stood and helped her to her feet.

Every time that memory came to her she couldn't help but smile.

"What are you so happy about?" Gohan asked wondering at the way her face had lit up, though he wasn't complaining.

"Nothing," she answered as they stepped into the back yard of Capsule Corp.

"Sure doesn't look like nothing," he asked truly curious now.

"No, that doesn't look like nothing," she said pointing at a scene across the yard. They hadn't been there even five minutes and already her little raven-haired child was in a screaming match with the Bulma-clone formerly known as her best friend.

Gohan shook his head as he pulled her in the opposite direction. "Don't question it. It will work itself out. In the meantime, you can come dance with me," he informed her.

"Dance?"

"Yes as in the rhythmic movement to a beat such as that coming from the stereo over there."

Videl glanced at the make shift dance floor where Krillin was attempting what appeared to be dancing with Launch then turned back to her spouse. "Very funny smart ass but I happen to know what dancing is. You, on the other hand, don't."

"Are you trying to say that I can't dance?" Gohan asked clearly insulted.

"That's exactly what I'm saying," Videl answered sweetly.

"Well I guess I'll just have to prove you wrong," he smiled as he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the dance floor.

For the next twenty minutes, Gohan spun her around the dance floor and much to her surprise hadn't stepped on her toes a single time. He was always doing that, surprising her. But he did so much more. He delighted, enthralled, excited, and all around brought her her very joy. Simply put, he made her happy. It was because of him that the most wonderful moment of her life had been so beautiful.

The delivery had been hard and at certain points she had been sure she was going to die. ChiChi and Bulma had sat on either side of her whispering their encouragement. This Saiyan birthing stuff was a piece of cake they had both lied gently. Now it was all over and as her mother-in-law placed the tiny bundle in her arms she felt tears well in her eyes. This little creature was the physical manifestation of the greatest love she had ever known and the maternal urges that washed over her were far surpassing anything she had ever read in the maternity books she'd been addicted to for the last eight months.

"Up to feeding her?" ChiChi asked softly.

She nodded and let the older mother show her how to adjust her shirt and help the baby attach herself to the nipple. The suck pressure on her tender breast was painful at first but if that was the price demanded for the utter jubilation she felt, she was more than happy to pay it.

So wrapped up in the first feeding of her new child was she that she didn't even hear him come in. It was when he reached out to stroke the baby's cheek that she realized that he was sitting in a chair next to the bed.

"She's so tiny," he murmured in awe.

"Think we can keep from breaking her?" she joked lightly.

Gohan looked at her then and her breath caught in her throat. "You're so beautiful," he whispered sincerely and for the second time that day tears of joy filled her eyes. He leaned in to capture her lips in loving kiss and she knew then that her life was perfect.

The memory faded as Gohan dipped her so low that her head almost touched the floor. "Gohan!" she giggled.

She lifted her head just as he leaned down towards her. "Told ya I could dance," he gloated.

"All right you proved me wrong but don't get use to it because it won't happen again," she teased.

He narrowed his eyes playfully at her for a moment then looked at something above her head. Videl tipped her head back and looked up into a pair of azure eyes that blinked at her curiously.

"Something wrong Bra?" she asked.

"I need your help," Bra whined.

Gohan sat her on her feet and they both focused their attention on the little girl. "What's wrong?"

"I can't find my mom and dad!"

Videl scanned the area and saw that Bulma and Vegeta were indeed missing. "Well I'm sure they're around here somewhere."

"But I have to find them now! I have to sing and plus," she looked around and waved them closer as she dropped her tone. "I'm on a secret mission."

Gohan raised a brow. "This secret mission wouldn't happen to have anything to do with those nuckleheads we call our brothers, would it?"

"I can't say. It's a secret," Bra said sweetly.

"Well we'll help you find them. Come on Gohan," Videl said.

"No!" Bra almost screamed. "I mean if you two go together you'll be making kissy faces and never find them! Videl I think you should go up that hill over there and Gohan you go check around the grill. My daddy's always near the food."

Gohan and Videl smirked at each other. "Well I guess we have our orders," Gohan commented. With one last peck on her cheek he headed towards the grill area. Videl shrugged and started toward her designated hill.

The sun was setting and just as she came over the hilltop she could make out two figures, one leaning on the other. Feeling like an intruder, she made her footsteps a little heavier and more obvious. The two immediately broke apart and she smiled shyly at them.

"Oh," she blushed. "Sorry but Bra want's to sing for everyone and she says she can't do it without momma and daddy there."

Vegeta murmured something to Bulma and she chuckled softly before standing. "Come on your majesty, our princess await," she told him over her shoulder as they started back down the hill together.

They were quiet a few minutes of the walk back before Bulma sighed contentedly. "How did two girls like us every get so lucky?" she asked her companion as she stared up at the lingering remnants of the fading sun.

Videl scanned the yard and her eyes were immediately attracted to her husband roughhousing with their daughter. The swell in her heart was something she couldn't deny.

"To be completely honest Bulma I don't know," she told the other woman.

Bulma smiled and wrapped an arm around the younger girl's shoulders. "Neither do I," she agreed as they made their final descent back to the picnic area.

* * *

Man these last few ones have been all sappy and sentimental. I think I need some comedy for the next chapter and I only know one person capable of it. I bet you guys think you know who it is but you have no idea. Thanks for reading.