Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Vegeta's after me! ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Royal Namekian Blues
By StarbearerTM.
Pairing: Bulma and Vegeta
Romance, PWP, AU
Rated R for adult situations, swears and LEMON!
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z. Toriyama and Funimation do. This is fan fiction and I don't get paid for this!
 
 
StarbearerTM: The obligatory A/N 'corner'… pasted onto the fic's front…
 
Vegeta: What the @#$# is this? (reads the summary)
 
Chuquita and SSj2vegeta wander in the room and read over Vegeta's shoulder:
 
Summary: I've seen many B/V get together what ifs taking place on Namek. This is another one, which messes with the sequence of the Z fighters and Vegeta on Namek, where Bulma is left alone.
 
Android 17: What's THIS! I haven't seen THIS here on the intro before! What's going ON?
 
StarbearerTM: Well apparently a lot more people are reading this.
 
Ssj2vegeta: Corners! Corners rule! :thumbsup:
 
Chuquita: Definitely.
 
Vegeta: Do I have to SIT in a corner because I'm a BAD BOY? The NERVE!
 
Android 17: Well you DO wear a pink shirt with that on the back…
 
StarbearerTM: Well it's like this guys. Ssj2vegeta suggested I write a 'corner'. So here I go!
 
Android 17: What is a 'corner' and what does it have to do with this fic?
 
StarbearerTM: I don't know, but it's something that attracts people to the fic I think. Like ants to a picnic.
 
Vegeta: Humph weird human customs. But if that will get these weaklings to read… I suppose… "snort". I wasn't nuts about this fic being written in the first place.
 
StarbearerTM: Well this is an AU fic. A MAJOR AU fic where I mess with time and stuff. Lots of things will happen that Shouldn't happen in a cannon V/B fic.
 
Android 17: Read the summary all the way through! Sheesh! Lets see here… it says: She has the nightmare about Vegeta, but because this is an AU, the timing is different. They have fought the Ginyuu force briefly, but have managed to push them back, and Vegeta has just killed Dudoria and Zarbon. Gohan and Krillen are trying to gather the dragon balls, and so is Vegeta. This takes place in the time they're eluding the squad and waiting for Goku to arrive before Freiza.
 
Vegeta: You honestly don't mean me and the woman… on Namek? What are you THINKING, you hack?
 
Ssj2Vegeta: Well she's not a HACK, I just like a good corner to draw me in. Makes me know where this is coming from.
 
StarbearerTM: This is my first 'corner' so may I please continue, your MAJESTY?
 
Android 17: Shall I get popcorn? (goes to pop a huge bowl)
 
Chuquita: Vegeta's so cute when he's flustered!
 
Vegeta: Gmmmgph!
 
StarbearerTM: Ahem. Well in this fic, as I was saying to the PRINCE here, I much around the timeline. All sorts of things happen that RESEMBLE the cannon Android Saga, but Vegeta and Bulma here meet and ahem… get together on Namek. The famous Three Years are VERY different. And Saiyans have a much different role.
 
Vegeta: Don't give away the PLOT! Where's the spoiler alert!
 
Ssj2Vegeta: Shh! Let her finish! (throws popcorn at Vegeta)
 
Vegeta: Stupid earthlings. Of COUSE getting together with the WOMAN earlier is something that many of these so called V/B fans fantasize. But having to see that future brat of mine again so early on… :shudders:.
 
Chuquita: So… what happens next?
 
Android 17: Get yourself plenty of popcorn. This thing takes place on Namek, and then jumps to where that… Trunks guy shows up. And then things start to go WEEEIRD.
 
Ssj2Vegeta: Weird? As in major or as in just a bit weird?
 
Vegeta: VERY weird. As in messing with the whole cannon timeline?
 
StarbearerTM: Guilty as charged!
 
 
***
Bulma hugged her knees and glared at the perimeter defense visible over her laptop screen. Just why she had forgotten to bring a capsule house was beyond her. Now she was stuck on this stupid planet of Martian plant men that wasn't mars.
"Men, stupid men," Bulma groused. “They just leave the HARD work to the WOMEN! Why can't there be a mister RIGHT in my life? I guess it's TOO much to ask for Prince Charming. I'm reading too many damn fairytales!”
She grumbled at her old joke. How many years ago had she first gone on a dragonball hunt that catapulted her into this wild ride anyhow? Now she was in the midst of a hunt that was for another set of the magic orbs but the stakes were MUCH higher. Namely the existence of her planet. Suddenly her wish so many years ago seemed selfish. Nevertheless if she HAD gotten to make it, would her handsome boyfriend have been her soul mate, or a fairytale prince, or something altogether different.
"I hope those two get back soon, because I've got a piece of my mind to give them," she grouched. A loud beeping snapped her out of her reverie. Bulma uncurled legs clad in black spandex and leapt off her camping chair.
"Kuso… company… and it's carrying a dragonball," she gasped. Yet the signature was much higher than either Krillen or Gohan. Nevertheless the scanners identified it as remotely humanoid.
That brought disturbing possibilities. Either it was that lizard man, or something else. She recalled seeing the big fight between him and the Prince of all Saiyans. Unwittingly she'd backed the wrong man, especially when he'd morphed into a mutated alligator. Thankfully Vegeta had kicked his ass. After the fight she'd been hurried away by Gohan while Krillen held Vegeta off. They claimed they were going after the dragonballs because Doduria had suddenly attacked Vegeta.
A few hours ago she saw the explosions in the distance. The last time Krillen and Gohan called they were near Guru's village. They'd mentioned they'd lost Vegeta, and then lost all communications. Anxiously Bulma punched buttons on the scanner's laptop, trying to get images of the intruder. Whoever it was he zipped far faster than any of the cameras could blink.
"Nobody's here," she whispered, pressing herself into the alcove. Whimpering to herself she wrapped the sleeping bag tightly around her.
"Humph, stupid ningens and Nameks," the voice grumbled. Bulma heard the croaking noises of several frogs hopping out of the nearby water pools, and heaved a sigh of relief. So great was her relief she collapsed in a dead faint.
Bulma awoke screaming in terror. She could still feel Vegeta's hands around her neck, squeezing off her life force. Why had she dreamed something so horrible? Hadn't he given up?
"Kuso… I hope it isn't… HIM…" she shivered in fear when she heard someone calling out to her.
"Hey! You in there! I know you're there I can sense your puny ki! Come out now before I get pissed off!" a gravely voice yelled. She hated to admit it but it was drop dead sexy.
"Please, go away," she whimpered, seeing him appearing on the screen. The proximity detector blinked urgently, scaring her. Instantly she grabbed the laser pistol that she hoped would protect her. For all she knew he'd killed her two friends and was coming after her. Under his arm he clutched a one star dragonball, and he looked pissed.
"You stupid fool, you can't hide. I've come for you!" he called. "Don't make this any harder than it has to be! You're all alone, so don't piss me off!"
"Kuso, he's going to kill me," Bulma whimpered, shivering as she pressed herself into the alcove. A dark shadow played across the rocks as his footsteps neared. Light gleamed off the globe he carried under his left arm. In surprise she blinked when she saw his body was encased in much different armor. Instead of the battered ensemble he'd sported after beating Zarbon, he had a tight fitting white vest over a darker suit. Dark eyes flicked back and forth as the Prince of all Saiyans shouted.
"Come out NOW!" he snarled. "This is pissing me off! You don't want to see me pissed off do you?"
"Come on Bulma, you've got one chance to nail him," she thought, clutching her pistol. She hoped she could get a sucker shot in and run as fast as she could. Yet since he was holding a dragon ball, she should take advantage of the opportunity to grab it.
"I sense you; you've got no place to go. Make it easier… and give up…" he called, stepping into view. His head snapped around, and a wicked smile came over his face when his eyes snapped into hers.
"OH shit… you stay AWAY From me, you monster!" she shrieked, bringing her pistol to bear.
"Ah, there you are, earth woman," he laughed with a smirk. "You led me on quite a chase minx, but now I've found you. So put the pea shooter away before you hurt yourself…"
"Stay back, I warn you! I know how to use this!" Bulma yelled. "You won't take ME alive!"
"Don't insult me," Vegeta snickered, advancing on her. He held the Dragonball under one arm as he extended his free hand, sheathed in a white glove.
"No… no!" she screamed, backing away. She slid along the groove of the alcove, covering Vegeta with her weapon. Shaking fingers held the trigger, watching the smirk broaden on his face. Holding her breath, she fired.
Vegeta's hand deflected the beam easily. Bulma shrieked and fired again, only to have the next bolt deflected. Angrily he snarled, zipping out of view. Anxiously she swung from left to right, and then felt the gun snatched away by someone almost invisible. Quickly she jumped back.
"Enough games," he snarled, crushing it in his hands. "Now, will you give up?"
"Please… don't… stay back!" she whimpered. "I'm too young to go!"
"You're only prolonging the inevitable, earth woman," he laughed. "I like your spirit, luckily for you. But it's time you left this place…"
"Oh Kami!" she screamed, dodging out of the way as Vegeta's hand flashed out. Her back slammed against the rock wall of the alcove. Around her neck his hand pinned her, lifting her off her feet. Bulma sobbed and trembled, praying for her life.
"Please… don't kill me!" she pleaded. "I'll… do anything… don't kill me… I'm too young and beautiful to die! Krillen… Gohan… help me!"
"Such a delicate little thing," Vegeta whispered, his hot breathe hitting her face. "I could so easily crush you with a squeeze. Interesting how you have such life in you for such a weak creature…"
"Don't kill me! I'll do anything! I'm smart, I'm a GENIUS!" she cried. Vegeta saw her blue eyes widen in fear, as he loomed close. Slowly he lowered her to the ground, still keeping a gloved hand around her throat.
"Are you?" he snickered. "I thought that brains and beauty were not synonymous. Turns out that it's your lucky day…"
"You… aren't going to kill me?" Bulma gasped.
"Stupid bitch, why would I do THAT?" Vegeta laughed. "Not when I'm here to take you away from all this…"
"Kuso… what do you mean?"
"Who do you think sent me to get your ass, you fool?" Vegeta laughed harshly. "Your two friends and I have made a truce… and they sent ME to collect your useless butt. I had to admit I thought it was a waste of time, but seeing that you're only a weakling female…"
"I'm NOT just ANY female, I'm Bulma Briefs! I'm rich, powerful, beautiful, and SMART!" she hollered at him.
"And LOUD," Vegeta snarled. "Shut that horrible noise up, or else I might snap your neck."
"D… don't kill me," she whimpered.
"Oh I don't plan on that, Earth woman," he laughed deeply. "Now, you're coming with me. But I'm most interested in what you said when you thought I was going to kill you…"
"What do you mean?"
"And you said you were smart? You said you'd do ANYTHING if I didn't kill you?"
"How do I know you're not tricking me… that you haven't killed Gohan and Krillen…?" she asked.
"You have no choice. Stay here and die, or come with me, weakling. Before you know it, this planet will be crawling with the Ginyu force, and you'll be a lot worse off than you were if you remained a frog…"
"WHAT?" she gasped.
"I saw what happened, earth woman," he smirked, tugging her away as he kept a hold on her neck. "I must admit I am relieved that your mind has been returned to this fragile… but far less than repulsive shell…"
"What… are you going to do?"
"Take you with me. But willingly or unwillingly is up to you, earth woman," Vegeta said harshly. "Make no trouble and I'll not have to hurt you… much…"
"Tell me first… are they alive? My friends?"
"Would you give anything for those losers?" he asked.
"ANYTHING," Bulma whispered, staring him right in the face. "Please…"
"I'll hold you to that…" said Vegeta as he licked his lips. "Now… no funny stuff."
"But I need my tools…"
"You'll have much better things where we're going," he said, releasing her neck and grabbing her arm instead.
"Where?"
"You'll see. Now take only what you need, and let's go…" Vegeta said. Bulma anxiously walked towards her equipment, but felt Vegeta's hand clenching her wrist.
"No tricks now, because you won't like me mad. Don't make me regret not killing you, earth woman," Vegeta growled. Grabbing a few capsules, she felt Vegeta grab her up and throw her over his shoulder.
"Hey! I'm not a sack of potatoes!" she yelped.
"Shut up and be glad I'm carrying your ass," Vegeta snapped back. She squealed as they took off. Clutching the dragonball, Vegeta held her onto him with his other hand.
"Hey, I'm getting sick!" she yelped.
"Grrr," Vegeta mumbled, throwing her off. She let out a blood-curdling scream till the prince swooped under and caught her around the waist. Heart pumping she grabbed tightly around his neck, squeezing her eyes shut.
"Oh I'm gonna die…" she whined.
"Shut up and stop squirming," Vegeta barked. "There… that's better. Stupid pain in my ass… if you weren't halfway attractive I'd…"
"What?"
"Nothing, you crazy earth woman. Just keep your mouth shut and stay still!" Vegeta yelled. Bulma struggled to keep from bursting into tears, because her nerves were all but shot.
Still she couldn't keep from burying her face in his neck and whimpering. Vegeta flinched, but decided against yelling at her to keep her mouth away. Considering his shouts would only cause her to scream with that shrill voice, he valued his hearing far more than he did his pride. Luckily for her, there was nobody's ki present for miles.
Vegeta exhaled after a while, hearing his own stomach grumble. He set down near the abandoned Namekian village on the coast. Still carrying the woman he walked towards the low huts. Green water gently lapped against the beech of white yellow sand. Overhead stretched an aquamarine sky for miles over the flat landscape. Round spheres on sticks protruded here and there like lollipops, while spiky bushes nestled around their trunks.
"I… have food," Bulma whispered into his ear. Vegeta shivered perceptibly at the hot blast on his skin.
"How?" Vegeta snarled.
"One of the capsules I grabbed has space rations, that's how, your Whyness,” she said.
"Capsules? Explain earth woman," he said.
"Put me down and I'll show you," she said, blushing. Vegeta had forgotten he was still holding her on his hip. Roughly he set her down with a grunt. She weighed practically nothing to him.
"No stupid tricks earth woman. I'm watching you, and I'm a hell of a lot faster than you are,” Vegeta warned, keeping his onyx eyes fastened to her. They bored holes in her skull, making her skin tingle oddly with fear and arousal.
Nervously she glanced over her shoulder at him while she reached into her vest and pulled out one of the boxes. His muscles tensed, reminding her of a wild boar or lion gathering the energy to pounce at a moment's notice. While Saiyans were simian, they more resembled baboons than peaceful apes. Vegeta saw the light pink tinge creep over her skin when he caught her staring oddly at him. For a moment Bulma wondered if the stiff spiky cone of hair jutting skywards was hard or soft. Something about its texture reminded her of a bird's crest or comb, denoting a dominant masculine display. Despite the fact he was only a few inches taller than she was, everything was about his compact body curving under the tight armor screamed maleness.
"This is going to surprise you, so stand back your Majesty," she said, clicking the button and tossing the capsule down. Vegeta flinched, backing away with his wrists crossed when an explosion sounded and he was right next to the woman, grabbing her wrists. She squealed and trembled as he bared his teeth and hissed at the strange object that resulted.
"What the fuck is that?"
"A fridge," she shivered. "I DID warn you, your Royal Whyness, so you CAN'T blame me!”
"So you did earth woman," he mumbled, from right behind her. Bulma felt his solid body pressed up to her back, while his hands crossed over her chest. Effectively he was using her as a human shield. He growled into her ear, "Now walk toward it SLOWLY…"
Bulma did so, swallowing hard. While she was terrified of Vegeta, she was just as exhilarated to feel the warmth of a male body nearby. It had been ages since she had made love to Yamucha back on earth, and even longer since she felt the reassuring presence of someone's body close by. Granted Krillen and Gohan were male, but she wasn't attracted in THAT way to either of them. To her they were annoying little brothers, endearing but in constant need of a den mother.
He mumbled, “Open it.”
Reaching out the hand he didn't squeeze to her chest, she pulled open the door to reveal the food packaged inside. Vegeta leaned over her shoulder to sniff carefully. Convinced he was safe, he released Bulma while keeping a hand on her wrist.
"I don't know what you like… there's all sorts of prepackaged stuff… and I'm sure you'll eat most of it though,” said Bulma nervously. She realized she was babbling out of fear.
"Prepare it then, I'm starving," he said gruffly. "But no tricks, Earth woman."
"Like I'm gonna be stupid enough to piss you off when you could disintegrate me with a touch," Bulma snorted sarcastically. “Hello! What kind of a dork brain do you think I am, your Royal Whyness?”
“Humph, you tell me? You chatter like one. If dork brain is an insult, then it seems to suit you, freak,” he smirked. Vegeta sat down on a nearby rock and folded his arms over his chest. He raised two fingers in her direction and let a bit of blue ki crackle from them to show his seriousness. Still he kept the Dragon Ball closely nestled in his armpit.
“Who are you calling a freak? I'm a girl, your Majesty. Unless you've never seen a blue haired gorgeous woman before?” she mumbled.
“Everyone knows that hair should be black or brown, silly female. Not blue,” Vegeta quipped.
Bulma brought out bowls and chopsticks, after fixing a meal of rice and beef. She set huge portions at his feet, and Vegeta blinked oddly at the utensils. He demanded, "What the hell are these sticks for?"
"Oh, you don't use chopsticks…" she said.
“No, idiot!” he grunted and grabbed the fork and knife she handed him with one hand, still keeping the Dragonball curled into his armpit with his other. Lifting a dark brow, he pushed the food before her.
"Sit," he said, indicating that she should move to sit on the rock next to him.
"I'm good,” she laughed nervously.
"I said sit your ass down, earth woman," he barked, grabbing her with his hand and tugging her down beside him. Bulma gingerly sat on the edge of the rock, lightly brushing her thigh with his. There wasn't much room to sit on its flat surface so she almost fell off. Mumbling the Prince grabbed her and planted her on one knee to her shock. He thrust the bowl into her lap. Bulma knew better than to question why he seated her there, because every time she opened her lips he glared at her to shut up.
"Taste it," he grunted. Bulma rolled her eyes, realizing he wasn't convinced it wasn't poison, so she took a bite. Vegeta nodded, watching her chew. When he was satisfied she wasn't going to keel over; he took the fork back and proceeded to wolf the food down. Unlike Goku or Gohan, he ate rapidly and delicately. Each new item she brought out he forced her to take a small bite of, so she was far from starving. Slowly she squirmed because she was slipping off his knee. Vegeta glared at her, and tugged her to sit crosswise on one bent leg while he set the dragon ball down to his left. In her lap he kept the food bowls while holding her prisoner there with his other hand.
He was also mildly surprised when she cracked open a can of Budweiser. Vegeta took one sip and made a nasty face, spitting it out. Fortunately when he sipped the grape soda, he found it palatable, and proceeded to drain the entire can in a gulp. As she watched him eat, a captive audience, she thought if this weren't a mortal enemy it would be romantic. Sitting on the lap of a cute guy under a darkening sky while she shared his food.
"That will suffice," he said.
"Jeez on Chikyuu we say thanks," she mumbled.
"Thanks earth woman. Now… compress that thing and put it away. I'm anxious to be going…" he said. "At first light…"
"But I thought you said that they…" she stammered.
"I'm not traveling in darkness. We're two days from those clowns, and I'm not going to travel under darkness hindered by you. So we're going to sleep for a few hours and get moving at first light… got it?" Vegeta said curtly.
"I wished you'd told me that sooner because I would have brought a sleeping bag," she groused.
"Humph, this habitation has rudimentary but sparse accommodations," he said, glancing into the door of the low hut. Pushing her off his lap he directed her to the fridge.
Bulma pressed the button on its side, thus capsulating it again under his watchful eye. Leaning down he grabbed the dragon ball under his arm and grabbed her by the hand. He walked her into the hut with him, and glanced around.
Two chairs and a table were partly smashed. A battered bed with covers sat across from it, near several stone water jars. Fairly primitive, but adequate for a Namekian, Bulma figured. Vegeta tugged her over and pushed her to sit on the bed. "Lie down and get some sleep. I don't want you passing out when we travel…"
"Sleep in my clothes? And I thought you were a prince! You know I could have brought supplies with me,” she began to complain.
"I'm a warrior and I sleep in far more primitive conditions wench so kindly keep quiet," Vegeta snapped at her.
Bulma gasped in fear as he unclasped his vest and tossed it down by the bed. He closed the rough door, and glanced around, putting his scouter nearby on the table.
"What are you doing?" she demanded. “Undressing in front of a lady! For a PRINCE you have the manners of a BEAST!”
"Shut up I said, you crazy stupid earth female!" he yelled at her. "Can't you keep quiet for more than a minute without chattering like a Zelbranian hyper spawn?"
"Excuse me but I'm tired, I haven't bathed for two days, and my hair is in knots! I fucking HATE camping, and you could have had the decency to let a poor girl bring some supplies!” Bulma shouted back. Vegeta growled.
"You'll need nothing if you end up DEAD," he snarled. "So SHUT UP!"
Nobody had ever yelled back to her before. Usually she was used to getting men to back down. Yet this Prince was not easily intimidated. An odd feeling came over her, making her realize he must be little more than a spoiled brat with deadly powers. As such, she wanted to watch her step. Nevertheless, an odd familiarity settled over her. Bulma bit her lip, turning her back as he removed his boots, and wrapped his armored vest around the Dragon Ball.
He sat down on the edge of the bed next to her, and lay on his side, shoving her over. Bulma flinched when she realized that he was planning on sharing the bed with her whether she undressed or not. "I… I can't sleep in my clothes they'll get all icky…" she whispered.
"Then take them off, and go to sleep. Don't bitch to me that you didn't get any rest because you're afraid of me staring at your ugly body," he snorted.
"Bastard," she snarled at him.
“Annoying bitch,” Vegeta shot back. Still he grabbed what appeared to be a length of pink cloth draped over one of the chairs and threw it at her.
Bulma noticed that it was a loose Namekian gown, unisex but could work as an improvised nightdress. As it was, Vegeta had kept on his bodysuit while taking off his upper layers. She snapped, "I can't change with you STARING at me, your WHYNESS!"
"Fine I'll turn around. As if you have anything WORTH seeing anyway! Just change so I can fucking sleep," Vegeta snarled. He averted his gaze, sitting up on the edge of the narrow bed.
“Thanks BUNCHES, your Royal MAJESTY,” Bulma answered sarcastically. Bulma unzipped her vest and tossed it down, then shimmied out of her pants and shirt. She tugged the gown over her head, and folded her clothes into a neat bundle.
"Give them here… I won't risk you leaving something in them,” he ordered.
"You don't trust ANYONE do you?" she asked.
"No," Vegeta answered. "Now lie down, and sleep."
"You mean… next to you… in the same bed?" she yelped, hugging her chest.
"I'm not asking you I'm telling you, earth woman! I command you to lay down NOW!" he said angrily, turning over to face her.
“All right, all right, just don't hurt me,” she gasped. Bulma shivered in fear.
"I'm not going to do anything you crazy bitch, but I can't chance you getting away," Vegeta said as he turned her to face the wall and pressed his back into hers. His arms locked around her and Bulma sobbed in fear as he clutched her tightly to his body.
"Dear Kami don't hurt me your Majesty," she whispered. Whimpering, Bulma squeezed her eyes shut and shivered. Behind her the Prince snorted and arranged himself so he was most comfortable, which meant his nose was pressed directly into her blue hair while his muscular arms trapped her against his hard chest.
"I won't if you sleep," Vegeta snapped. "And I wouldn't try making any effort to escape or move suddenly because I'm a light sleeper…"
"That other… those others the Ginyuu… are they after you?" she asked, trying to change the subject.
"Humph, it's either them or me, and I think you'd prefer chancing with me instead of braving the wilds on your own, a weak thing like you," Vegeta harrumphed.
"You won't… let them kill me will you?" she asked hopefully.
"I won't, now sleep woman," he said gruffly, yawning. "What could be deadlier than I could be?"
“I hope that nobody is,” she whispered.
Soon Vegeta's rasping snore vibrated against her back. While it was mildly annoying, she realized it was far less loud than Yamucha ever had been. Warmth exuded from his body into hers, keeping her from shivering to death in the cold Namekian evening. He spooned into her, squeezing her to his muscular chest with powerful hands. Oddly Bulma felt as if she could sleep in peace knowing the Prince would destroy anything that would harm her. This bothered her all the more.
He was a prince, and he was protecting her? For his own selfish reasons albeit, a hostage, but still he could have easily killed her.
To be continued….