Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ A Prince's Fury ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 12

By the time Trunks had flown away, Gohan had landed near Piccolo and Vegeta with a thump. Piccolo's glare clearly ordered everyone to keep well back, and they did so with reluctance. Krillin hissed to Tien, Yamcha and Piccolo to stay well back because Vegeta's face contorted into a furious grimace. Vegeta's fists crackled with blue white ki while he snarled loudly enough for them to hear. So they all retreated to a distance of fifty yards so they could be well clear. Piccolo nodded and held his palm flat out to indicate it was far enough.
Bulma brushed off her miniskirt red sweater dress. Gohan stood next to Piccolo, nervously eyeing Vegeta's dark eyed death stare. Bulma swallowed hard while she stood before Piccolo, with Gohan to his left, and Vegeta to his right. Angrily Vegeta turned his back to Bulma, to reveal his shoulders trembling with anger under the BADASS logo stretched across his back. Guilt surged through her, and she knew she had dealt his ego and emotions a serious blow.
"I heard it all," Piccolo said gravely.
"What do we do?" Bulma asked. "You understand… why we…"
"Mr. Piccolo, I didn't want to make Prince Vegeta angry.”
"I don't need you to interpret my emotions, you annoying BRAT!" Vegeta snapped, staring directly away towards the other Z fighters. They cowered close to the fridge that Trunks had left behind.
"Vegeta, now's NOT the time to sulk," said Piccolo quietly. "Don't you want to test your strength against these androids which may well spell doom for us all?"
"Humph, that's the only reason I'm listening to this bullshit," Vegeta snorted, still glancing away from Bulma in fury. "So I suppose you're going to give some sentimental slop about how we all have to work together to defeat this menace?"
"With your advice of course," Gohan said quickly. "Look, we need your help, whether you like it or not. My dad's not back yet, but the instant he returns you'll be the FIRST to know, got it? So can't we at least make a bargain?"
"Humph, you presume much, son of a third class," said Vegeta, turning slightly around to peer at Gohan over his shoulder.
"You're the Prince of All Saiyans. So far you haven't let us down. And we need you, more than you need us I guess," Gohan said quietly. "I mean aren't Princes supposed to boss people around and lead them into battle?"
"You're a foolish boy in some ways, but you have far more sense then these other weaklings," said Vegeta quietly. "But I'm not easily swayed by your futile flattery. You're just trying to kiss my ass so you can get me to wet nurse you, well, I won't do it."
"We aren't asking you to," Gohan said sharply. "We're just asking you to fight with us when the time's right. I don't need your training anyway. Mr. Piccolo and I will train with my father when we get back. and I know you're going to bust your rear trying to keep up with my daddy, right?"
"Exactly, boy," said Vegeta. "And don't you forget it. But if Kakkarot does NOT return?"
"You can fight ME then," Gohan said angrily. "I'll gladly face you on my father's behalf!"
"Gohan!" gasped Bulma.
"Huh, you dare challenge me, you upstart? This is rather amusing," Vegeta snickered. "Well, be glad that I'm tempted to take you up on that offer. If I can't pound Kakkarot, you might do nicely, if you're strong enough."
"Vegeta," Gohan said firmly, resting hands on his hips. "I know you're powerful. As powerful as my father."
"More powerful soon, child. So go train with your fellow sentimental fools and stay clear of me, got it?"
"Yes,” said Gohan. "Have we got a deal? You and all of us train hard to fight the Androids in 3 years. That's when they'll come. And they'll be hard to fight, along with this other menace. So we ALL have to work if there's going to be a world to save, and a world to fight my daddy or me on, right, Vegeta?"
"You have a point, curse you," Vegeta rolled his eyes, turning his full attention to Gohan while ignoring Piccolo and Bulma completely. "Very well, I accept your challenge, Son Gohan. If you father does NOT return, you will stand to face me, your Prince in his place."
"Right, after the androids are defeated," said Gohan with a nod. He inclined his head as he bowed respectfully in the manner Chichi had taught him. Vegeta slightly inclined his head with a grunt.
"Now that that's been settled, are we in this together, however sick it makes you?" Piccolo grunted at Vegeta.
"I will fight, but if you weaklings are not worth it, then you'll be sorry," said Vegeta. "Tell them to bust their sorry asses or forget fighting. Because I won't be surrounded by weaklings."
"You won't be disappointed," Piccolo said, with a smug smile. "And Goku will return. Make no mistake.."
"We got a distress message from him, in a dream," Gohan said quickly.
"Did you?" Vegeta asked.
"Even if you don't believe me… it's true," said Gohan.
"Foolish boy, Saiyans are telepathic. If you saw a vision of Kakkarot then that's good enough for me," Vegeta snapped. "You really are suffering under that brain damaged father of yours, with not a clue of your true heritage."
"Well maybe you'd like to shove it down my throat, I'd listen," mumbled Gohan. That fierce look on his face was refreshing to Vegeta, but horrified Bulma. Piccolo gave a smug smile, knowing that the boy was becoming more like him every day. As much as he'd resented it in the beginning, Piccolo grew to care for the boy like his was his own offspring. Momentary lapses of 'weakness' were not so weak in the Namek's book.
"So, what will you do, Namekian?" asked Vegeta. "If your precious Kakkarot returns today?"
"What we can. Wait for Goku, and start training. I'll tell the others and Goku. You had all best remain to see if he does get back," Piccolo nodded.
Vegeta finally turned to Bulma. He stepped close to her, and took her arm in his hand. Tugging her along with him, he made her stand ten feet away. Piccolo and Gohan nodded at one another, walking over to stand by the other Z fighters to give them momentary privacy. Although it was not full privacy because of Piccolo's excellent hearing.
"What the HELL was he speaking about! Why did he tell you that he couldn't tell me?" Vegeta snapped.
"It was high level physics, something that would bore the pants off you," Bulma said quickly. She grabbed his hand and rested it on her belly.
Vegeta hiked an eyebrow, swallowing hard. Bulma wiped away tears, blinking up at him. "He means us no harm."
"Who is he! I demand to know," Vegeta blurted out.
"He's part Saiyan and human like I am," Gohan said quickly. "But his father died when he was young, and he never knew him. And he's come from a long distance. In his reality things are the same but also different."
"There's only three Saiyans left alive, kid. Don't' give me that round about answer!" Vegeta snarled.
"Well, what about Nappa and Raditz? Maybe they had children they didn't know about, or maybe there was a space pod like Goku's that escaped detection," said Bulma quickly. "Does it MATTER?"
"Yes it does you fool!" he snapped. "I have to know how he achieved that level of power!"
"He said you could do the same, if you trained in the Gravity Chamber," Bulma said, blinking tears out of her blue eyes.
"Did he now?" Vegeta asked, stopping his tirade.
"He said that you were the Prince of Saiyans, but only if you trained hard and put aside your suspicions could you hope to achieve Super Saiyan status…" Bulma said, inhaling deeply. "In his reality, Goku dies."
"That's… that's impossible!" Vegeta ranted, black eyes gleaming once again.
"Shut up and let them tell you, or shall I?" Piccolo snapped, marching halfway over. The others returned and stood wondering what was gong on. Vegeta's sharp glare stopped them only ten feet from where Piccolo and he stood with Bulma.
"Tell them Piccolo, they deserve to know. You could probably do a better job of it," said Bulma. "Vegeta you have to listen, please."
"Tell me what happens to Kakkarot," said Vegeta, glancing over at Gohan. "And everyone of you miserable losers can be in for this briefing."
"Thanks a million," Krillin mumbled, motioning to Tien, Chiotzu and Yamcha. They assembled in a semicircle around Piccolo and Vegeta, while Bulma stood slightly behind the Prince. As if hiding behind him she wanted to be a million miles from the questioning glances of her fellow Z fighters.
"He'll die of a heart disease," Gohan said. "And he won't be alive to fight the androids. You have to listen, Vegeta."
"And you TRUST him?" Vegeta spluttered, knowing Gohan was half being sarcastic with that challenging tone in his voice.
"Can we take the chance if he isn't?" Gohan snapped. Deference was mingled with rebelliousness in the youth's dark face. His features resembled Kakkarot's, but his spirit more closely reflected his grandsire Bardock, a third class scientist that Vegeta had remote acquaintance with from his father's court ages ago. With a slight smile Vegeta cheered the fact that Kakkarot's injury did not taint the Saiyan ferocity teaming in Gohan's body. He had to remotely respect the Namekian for beating the sissy out of Kakkarot's brat and transforming him into a half decent warrior worthy of his Saiyan ancestry.
"No, you foolish boy! But I can't believe you'd fall for that," Vegeta answered, glaring directly at Gohan with his regal piercing stare.
"Do you want to die in three years?" Gohan answered, after a deep breath. His own dark eyes sparkled back at the Prince's.
"I won't," said Vegeta, nodding slowly at him.
"Vegeta, please, if you value your future and Goku's. you have to trust that he might be right! For the sake of all of us, and the future of the Saiyans," Bulma implored, resting her hand on Vegeta's shoulder. He pulled back as if she had stung him.
"What are you babbling about, blue Bulma?" he snorted. She grabbed his wrist and placed it on her belly again.
"You know the reason, you can feel it, can't you?" she whispered, blocking everyone's view momentarily of this intimate act.
"You…" he gasped, sensing the minute ki. "You are… carrying my heir…"
Bulma nodded, blushing profusely. "Don't you see, I don't' want the child to grow up in a world that could be destroyed. does it matter if this boy from another reality is right or wrong? Just so long as you can survive, and carry on your heritage?"
"Very well," Vegeta said quietly. "But if you tell anyone…"
"Mr. Piccolo, maybe you should tell everyone else about the androids because I'm sure I might say something wrong," said Gohan. "And we should see if my dad is going to return…"
"All right, Gohan," said Piccolo with a nod.
"The boy said he might return to help us fight," Bulma said.
"As long as he doesn't' get in my way and he stays away from you!" Vegeta snapped, grabbing her around the waist and pulling her alongside of him. "And you keep your business to yourself, boy."
"Yes sir," said Gohan, nodding up at Piccolo. They had seen the exchange between the Prince and Bulma, while the others had strained to glance around Vegeta and Bulma's bodies. Although they were dying of curiosity, none of them had desired to challenge Vegeta with the ki levels they sensed pouring off him in waves. So they all sat down on the ground around the fridge, waiting for Piccolo or Gohan to tell them what in the name of the gods was happening.
"Everyone needs to hear this. Don't leave just yet, if you please, your majesty," Piccolo grunted.
"Fine. Whatever," snarled Vegeta. "Tell your damn campfire story! You will wait here with the others then. When Kakkarot returns, tell him I'll be waiting to speak to him,"
"Vegeta," Bulma swallowed hard, feeling his hand grip her waist tightly.
"You will tell me woman what he has told you," Vegeta said. "In private. In the meantime, I'll take the woman home where it's safe."
"But I want to be here to see if Goku gets back," she protested.
"I'll let you know. He'll come right here as soon as he arrives!" Gohan said quickly. "You'd probably better do what Vegeta suggests."
"Later guys," Bulma said as Vegeta boosted her into his arms. A great deal of smoke and blue fire sizzled under his feet that reflected his rage. Everyone jumped back as he blasted off with a thunderous ki roar. In seconds he hurtled at a great speed away from the others to vanish to a shimmering speck in the distance.