Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Lemonade at Capsule! ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, Toriyama and Funimation do. This is fan fiction! I don't get any money from this!
Chapter 13

Bulma suppressed her screams while Vegeta slashed through the atmosphere at breakneck speed towards West City. Never in her life did she recall any of the Z fighters flying so swiftly carrying her along. Only Vegeta's royal blue ki envelope protected her from being slashed by the sonic speeds he achieved. It terrified her and thrilled her. His arm around her back and his other around her knees clutched her possessively as his face contorted in rage. Every inch of him trembled with seething powers just ready to erupt.
He came towards West City, decelerating to a sub sonic speed at long last. She breathed a bit more easily as his grip relaxed. His fingers squeezed her to him accusingly tight and she began to whimper. Sighing she leaned over to kiss him softly on the cheek. Her response was an annoyed grunt, so she kissed her way softly with little pecks till she reached his mouth.
"Knock it off. I'm trying to fly here!" he snorted.
"Jerk," she whimpered.
"Why are you making that disagreeable noise," he mumbled.
"You're hurting my feelings. Here I am trying to make up to you, and you're pushing me away," She sniffled.
"Damn it, hold onto me then," he mumbled. Heaving a disgusted sigh he released her and repositioned her so she hung just before him. One arm-twisted around her waist to hold her immediately against his belly with her back facing the streaking ground. He decelerated so they hovered just outside West Central city. Drawing her legs around his waist he cleared his throat so she could look him directly in the eyes.
"That's much better," Bulma said. She slid her arms around his neck, and softly touched her lips to his. Vegeta grumbled against her kiss, feeling her soft tongue trace over his mouth. Finally after a minute of resisting her attempts to coax him, he opened his lips and granted her access. Her arms and legs tightened to hug him intimately while she slid her tongue against his in a close hot dance. She groaned in relief when Vegeta's hands slid down her back and squeezed her ass tightly.
"There, will you stop crying now?" he snorted, releasing her lips so she could breathe.
"You're pissed," she said softly, touching her forehead to his.
"Whatever gave you THAT idea, idiot Bulma!" he growled back. He squirmed uncomfortably in her embrace, still hovering close to a thousand feet in the air.
"Vegeta, stop sulking," Bulma said as he grumbled under his breath. Soothingly she rubbed his rock hard shoulders. Still she wrapped herself around him, letting him know that she wanted to level with him.
"Oh I don't know? Because my own fucking MATE spoke to a possible enemy instead of including me? And that she could have possibly endangered what was priceless. that she is showing far less sense than that mutton-headed dolt Kakkarot is? Why SHOULD I be upset?" Vegeta growled. "Great galaxy why I don't just fucking drop you here and now."
"Because you know you'd miss me pissing you off?" she asked with a coy smile. Her tongue traced over his ear, nipping it.
"You're insufferable, Bulma," he snarled. "Are you scared that I'll reject you and that half Saiyan brat you carry?"
Bulma released his waist from her legs, and loosened her grip. Now it was her turn to stiffen up in fear. Vegeta's arms crossed behind her back, securing her to him as she almost let go in shock. "Vegeta maybe you'd better put me down now."
"What, and let you smash into a mess all over the pavement?" Vegeta scolded.
"You looked like you were going to drop me for a moment!" she accused him.
"You were idiotic enough to let go! Did I not tell you to hold on? And did I not just now clutch you to stop you from falling?" he added.
"Yes… but…"
"But what? You're the mate of the Prince of Saiyans, blue Bulma… what makes you think I'd send you to your death when you're carrying my heir? Why do you think that I mated with you among other things? I'm the last of my kind and since I was denied immortality I need to reproduce."
"Is that all I am to you? A means of reproduction?"
"Isn't the aim of life to pass on one's heritage?" said Vegeta annoyed. "I have no choice because there are no Saiyan females. Naturally your race has to do, and when I recalled Kakkarot's half-breed brat I realized I was neglecting my duty. And considering you're the only suitable female on this miserable planet, you were my choice as mate."
"You sure have a way of making a girl feel all wanted and accepted, Vegeta," she mumbled, wiping away a tear.
"Why are you so weepy? I know human women are supposed to be hormonal during pregnancy, as Saiyan women are, but this is ridiculous!" he snorted. "I DEMAND you tell me what that brat told you, and I demand NOW!"
"All right Vegeta, you're not going to like it…" she sniffed.
"I hate this already, so what do you have to lose except my respect for LYING and hiding something from me?" he snorted.
"You know?" she shivered.
"That pup sensed you were carrying what was mine," he said. "But I knew before. I'm not stupid woman. Why do you think I wanted you to stay the fuck behind? Why don't you realize that if you'd follow my orders you might stay alive?"
"Follow your… wait a minute you self serving bastard! I never ASKED for you to knock me up!"
"You almost don't deserve the honor."
"Fuck you!" she screamed, wriggling in his arms.
"Stop it now!" he bellowed, clutching her tightly before she almost twisted herself out of his grasp.
"Land now, and let me GO Vegeta now! Or else you can find someone ELSE to build your gravity room!" Bulma sobbed angrily beating on his chest with her fists.
"I could easily drop you, you know," Vegeta said, hiking a brow. His fingers relaxed momentarily on her waist.
"Go ahead and do it you bastard, if you think me such a waste of time!" Bulma shouted at him. "Go ahead, and just DO it! Drop your weakling whore and her half-breed son if you're so disgusted! Oh sometimes I hate you so much!”
In response, his hands again tightened, holding her apart from him by her hips alone. "Feeling's mutual right now, Bulma, but we're stuck together. like it or not because you're carrying my brat. And I'm not going to let some puke from some parallel dimension take what's mine! I'm not going to drop you, because knowing you you'd come back to haunt me from the next dimension!"
"Are you talking about me? I'm not even attracted to him! You're the only man I can tolerate, Prince of Assholes!" she spat back.
"Humph, I see you're getting more eloquent with your tongue lashing. That last insult was almost Saiyan," he smirked.
"Neanderthal!" she snorted. "I sometimes hope the androids would fucking get you, you arrogant bastard."
"You're insane," Vegeta growled. "See if I fucking care. You're obviously not in your right mind, if ever."
"Oh gods," she sobbed, and Vegeta snorted with exasperation.
"What the hell are you crying about, you silly pathetic female? Don't tell me, it's the damn hormones," he snarled.
"I don't want you to die, Vegeta," she whispered. "Don't you see that child, he might be the only chance we have to keep you from dying."
"Not when I achieve the goal of becoming Super Saiyan, woman," he said quietly. "I'm not going to let some tin cans outsmart me. Where the fucking hell is Kakkarot?"
"That's what I wanted to know."
"Woman, I demand you tell me what that child told you! I order it!" he said angrily.
"Even if it means you might end up rejecting me and your child?" she asked.
"What the bloody hell are you talking about?" Vegeta roared. "ANSWER ME!"
"That child, he's from the future," she whispered. "And he's half Saiyan."
"Lies," he shook his head.
"No Vegeta. Come here. Feel the ki of your child," she whispered, and he did so, moving up to lay a hand on her belly. "Doesn't it seem familiar to you?"
"Of course!" he trailed off, and then blinked at her with a look of horror on her face.
"Don't you see? I don't want to lose you Vegeta. I don't want you to hate me because I gave birth to a son who'd disappoint you!" she sobbed bitterly. Vegeta snorted as she turned her head aside from him, squirming and beating on his chest. Hot angry tears leaked down her cheeks as she trembled in his arms.
"How can I even fucking reject something if I have no clue what's going on?" Vegeta roared at her. "Bulma, you should know better!"
"What?" she gasped, turning to look at him as he held her at that same height. Only he was able to catch hold of her to keep her from plunging to sudden death.
"We're forever joined because of this brat you carry! Saiyans once they mate to reproduce do so for the rest of their natural lives! At least long before there so few of us that we had to resort to growing babies in vitro to keep our population from becoming extinct!" Vegeta said sullenly. "You find me so idiotic you stupid bitch that I didn't know my child would be half Saiyan? You're a wonder sometimes how you can function at all without me."
"I…" she stammered, her heart coming to a stop. She wondered if he had guessed the truth on his own, and waited anxiously for Vegeta to speak again. His breath heaved in and out under the pink shirt she'd given him. Already his skin was several shades darker with red hot blood flushing through it.
"Kakkarot's brat Gohan is half Saiyan. And so is this child. But I'll be DAMNED if my son will not surpass the offspring of a third class," Vegeta said bitterly.
"Vegeta, that boy. He's got more to do with you and our child than you could imagine. You're a proud man, Vegeta. I don't like taking that away from you, since that's all you have left," Bulma said quietly. "I guess I was trying to protect your pride. Because that boy didn't get his blood from Goku or Gohan."
"What are you saying?"
"He IS Saiyan, because you're his father," said Bulma quickly.
"That's impossible!" Vegeta snapped.
"It's possible because he's my son," said Bulma quickly. Vegeta's dark eyes grew wide with something akin to horror and amazement.
"I…" Vegeta trailed off, his lip twisting as he bit into it.
"Our child. Our son… comes back from the future," Bulma helplessly stammered. The hands holding her hips shook convulsively.
"How… how in the HELL?" Vegeta spluttered.
"That's why he looks so familiar. Why he didn't want to tell us… you… because he felt you were ashamed of him not looking Saiyan enough," said Bulma quickly. "Can you blame him after the way you treated him?"
"Woman I treat EVERYONE that way," Vegeta snorted. "You should know me well enough by now to see that!"
"Even your own son?" she asked, squeezing her eyes shut.
"Dammit Bulma you should have just told me that brat is MINE? OURS? No wonder he has that HIDEOUS purple hair!"
"You hate him and me," she sniffled, sobbing in his shoulder.
"I hate everything woman. But you I tolerate," Vegeta said quietly, folding his arms as he stood over her. "And that child though his blood be diluted with weak human genes, is still half of the Royal House of Vegeta. My heir. And if that weakling brat from the future has anything to do with me, than I suppose I could do far worse."
"You're not going to abandon me or reject… our… your son?" she asked.
"Those are human emotions, woman. You know that I disgust weaklings, but at least now I know the truth. I'm just disgusted you felt you needed to hide it from me."
"I figured you'd learn sooner or later when he was born," said Bulma. "When you saw what color his hair was going to be. I didn't want to distract you from becoming strong enough to beat anyone who opposed you."
"Because of that sense, I will be lenient, woman," said Vegeta sternly. "But make no mistake, I'm no sentimental weak fool like Kakkarot who showers his brat with drivel. Our son will be hard and strong and able to face the world just as his father does."
"If that's the only way he'll survive or earn your approval, then there's nothing I can do, except give you your Gravity chamber," Bulma said softly. "Just promise me you'll never abandon him."
"Woman, I hate everyone… you and that brat. Now that I know he's mine I can tolerate," Vegeta sighed in disgust. "Damn, becoming Super Saiyan. fucking bloody HELL!"
"But that means YOU can become Super Saiyan… if he can… and he's a half and half… don't you see?" Bulma said quickly, snapping her head up. Sometimes she was so smart she could scare herself, she thought.
"So you mean to say that if he can, I can, and then I'd be twice as powerful, if not MORE when I ascend," Vegeta trailed off. "Woman, you are almost as smart as you say you are, perhaps more."
"The gravity chamber will make you ascend. That's what the boy said…"
"What the hell is his name?"
"Trunks," she said quickly.
"Damn, with a name like THAT I can't see how he could be anyone else's," Vegeta snorted.
"Don't you dare go making fun of it. I was thinking of names LONG before I even met you."
"I thought you were reluctant to breed, woman," he snorted.
"You don't know what it's like to be a little girl whose parents always want you to be a perfect socialite."
"Woman, how dare you insinuate I have no comprehension! Because your filthy rich family is the closest THING on this planet to royalty," Vegeta shook his head. "I can't understand? You're really pissing me off!"
"Then you know what I'm talking about. I had names picked out for kids years in advance. Trunks was one of the top names on the list after my grandfather. Second to Teddy, or Boxers, and if it were a girl it'd be Bikini, or Burja, or Bra."
"Humph, typical earth names. I suppose out of all of them, the name Trunks is acceptable, considering it has a Saiyan cognate."
"Huh? What does it mean in Saiyan?"
"Revenge," said Vegeta with a thoughtful look. "And Bra means Treasure."
"Then you believe me?"
"I have no choice but to believe you, Bulma," he said quietly. "Though I hate to see it before me. there's something about knowing he has the power I lust after. But to presume I can't handle it."
"He did it to avenge your death. You die in his time, Vegeta. All of the Z fighters, he wants to make this world a better place. He came back because Goku couldn't fight Freeza."
"The unmitigated ARROGANCE of that brat," Vegeta snarled.
Bulma squealed in fear as his grip tightened. "Vegeta, please that hurts."
"I regret speaking so harshly," he said, shaking his head as he loosened his hold on her. A small cruel smile came over his lips, melting a few degrees into a devilish smirk, and then warming into one of malicious mischief. He began to chuckle deeply, his body vibrating from the mirth kept bottled up, till laughter erupted from his throat. Coming from Vegeta, it was frightening because it wasn't the deep cackling guffaw of sinister laughter, but something far more alien to her.
Never had she heard him laugh in the manner that Goku or Krillin did. Always there was some motive to tease or ridicule. Now the laughter had warmth that sent shivers down her spine. For a moment she wondered if Vegeta had swapped bodies with a twin because he was swinging her around in small circles.
"Vegeta, you're scaring me."
"Woman, don't you see? only a brat as arrogant as he would is worthy of being the son of the Prince," Vegeta guffawed. "That PROVES he's my son. Because only he would be so presumptuous. Damn that brat! If he's but a boy at that age… when I was half his age I was powerful enough.”
"Vegeta you're not going to disbelieve him? Because he said that we have to ready ourselves to fight a terrible menace. He came back meaning to find Goku, but Goku's not returned. and in our time Goku dies of a virus."
"Kakkarot will not die woman, except by my hand," said Vegeta firmly. "I alone have the right to take his life. Make no mistake. He will not die a coward's death."
"Then you agree?" she trailed off.
"I would have determined the truth sooner or later, you foolish female," Vegeta said. "Now I know it's possible to achieve the Legendary if that half breed brat can destroy Freeza, think how much more powerful I will be when I ascend?"
"Vegeta I just said that," she snorted.
"Humph, because you and I share the same mind sometimes, scary though it is, and you're learning from my superior intelligence," he smirked.
"Oh spare me," she groaned.
"Humph, depends on what you mean. Now in about a half-hour I'm sure we'll have all those fools here anyway."
"You sense them?" she asked.
"You know better than to ask foolish questions, Bulma," said Vegeta. She laid her head on his shoulder and then squeezed him tightly. He let out an annoyed sigh as she clung to him shaking.
"How can I want to kill you in one breath and fuck you in the next?" she sighed.
"Because you've got impeccable taste in mates, Bulma," he smirked.
"Bastard," she mumbled as he carried her as if she weighed nothing.
"We have a half hour. I intend to remind you whom you belong to. So you won't forget it. And don't EVER conceal ANYTHING from me again. I'd rather not have to get angry," Vegeta said.
"Never again will I do so, to protect your pride, or betray your trust, Vegeta," she promised. Vegeta pulled her close and covered her lips in a hard kiss. He slowly levitated their way towards home to repair their shattered trust in the only way he knew how.